• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9130 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 273 Next
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 19:47 GMT
#601
On March 25 2011 04:39 Jackal58 wrote:
The man just got killed by letting his role slip in a PM circle in XXXVII. Night 1 boom he's gone.
And he does it again a week later???
Sorry. I'm not buying what he's selling.
I might be wrong but on night 0 I'm going to lean towards the side that my gut reaction had. That reaction was bullshit. If that makes me scummy in your eyes I'm sure you'll get over it.


It was really only a week ago? That knowledge kind of pains me.

Your gut reaction doesn't make you scummy to me which is probably good.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
March 24 2011 19:52 GMT
#602
Sorry. I've been busy with trip preparations - I have to drive ~1000 miles back and forth this weekend, and need to do a checkup on my car etc etc. Anyway - How can we trust bum when he roleclaimed so early in the game? He's a great player - I don't think any decent actual blue would take the risk of revealing his role so early. He might actually be a black, trying to draw hits and confusing us with fake checks.

I'm thinking of what happened with annul in.. I think it was salem mafia or something - where he did an early roleclaim as a godfather, and everyone believed him after a cop confirm. That was absolutely disastrous for us.

There really is no logic for us to believe bum.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 24 2011 19:52 GMT
#603
lanaia

where do you normally play mafia?
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 19:52 GMT
#604
The man just got killed by letting his role slip in a PM circle in XXXVII. Night 1 boom he's gone.
And he does it again a week later???
Sorry. I'm not buying what he's selling.
I might be wrong but on night 0 I'm going to lean towards the side that my gut reaction had. That reaction was bullshit. If that makes me scummy in your eyes I'm sure you'll get over it.


I don't know if you have a bad memory or something but bum wasn't even in the game (XXXVII) till late. He replaced ICanFlyLow like on Day 2 or Day 3. He also flipped green. I don't think anyone on my team was in a PM circle with him in that game so he didn't let his role PM slip. Go check on that game if you want but he's clearly marked dead Night 3.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 24 2011 19:54 GMT
#605
orgolove: i didnt claim, what i did in haunted was try to draw a DT check early from aztrorisk, since i knew he was DT from tells. so ofc he checks me, sees hatter, tells me in PM "hi, youre hatter, i trust you."

so i went to town and was like "OH HEY i have a pocket DT who just checked me as hatter" etc. so i only came out once i saw i had the chance to control the game AFTER being DT checked.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 19:55 GMT
#606
On March 25 2011 04:52 annul wrote:
lanaia

where do you normally play mafia?


I've played a couple on mafiascum.net

Otherwise I play with a bot on irc.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 19:56 GMT
#607
On March 25 2011 04:52 orgolove wrote:
Sorry. I've been busy with trip preparations - I have to drive ~1000 miles back and forth this weekend, and need to do a checkup on my car etc etc. Anyway - How can we trust bum when he roleclaimed so early in the game? He's a great player - I don't think any decent actual blue would take the risk of revealing his role so early. He might actually be a black, trying to draw hits and confusing us with fake checks.

I'm thinking of what happened with annul in.. I think it was salem mafia or something - where he did an early roleclaim as a godfather, and everyone believed him after a cop confirm. That was absolutely disastrous for us.

There really is no logic for us to believe bum.


There is logic because the difference is while in salam (the game you reference) annul claimed early and then cop confirmed him, that was 1 person confirming him. Here all the blues are in a PM circle so they can immediately say no, he's not one of us and that leads to a 1:1. Black isn't going to help red and red isn't going to help black and I doubt either one of the groups wants to get into a 1:1 situation this early in the game.

annul, you're thinking of it as 10 v 20 when really it's 6 v 4 v 20. Either side is going to be thinking of it's own interests and so red and black really have no desire to overstep their roles and try to take one for the team and fake claim and let it benefit the other team (red/black).
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 19:57 GMT
#608
all you guys saying that shit about how "Me and jackal must be a scum team" because i made a blue read on him early game are completely wrong and i can prove it.

We are both in item game

THERE ARE 2 SCUMS IN ITEM GAME BOTH ON OPPOSITE FACTION
WE COULDNT POSSIBLY BE A SCUM TEAM.
Jesus christ think before you fucking post please.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 19:59 GMT
#609
Ok guys sorry I haven't been taking part - as you heard earlier my roomate Deconduo (who introduced me to TL Forum Mafia) explained that I was catching up on the billion posts already in night 0.
I am in college and in such may be unavailable during the day. Note also i'm in a european timezone.

Just so you know me:
- I'm TOTALLY NEW to forum mafia, remember that and if you're not gonna go easy on me at least don't judge me harshly
- I'm a regular on Epic Mafia, understand the mechanics, love the game
- I'm pretty much impervious to flames and hate getting into grudge arguments so use logic or state your case but don't bother to emotionally manipulate me, i'll just take it as scummy.

I've taken down ALOT of information from all the posts since 11:00 KST so i might split this into several posts or not… Basically the way I see it anyone's opinion can be misleading here so let's start off with facts and move onto motive later.

I'm gonna recap what I have of the elections. I'm leaving out unimportant info on people who have retracted.
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:00 GMT
#610
Mayoral Elections Recap: (In chronological order)

Tnkted [RETRACTED]
- Only person promising a 'free' vote (players decide n1 lynch)

GMarshal [RETRACTED]
- Reserves right to choose lynch
- Believes mafia/scum are heavily invested in getting the mayorship due to setup

Jackal [RETRACTED]
- Reserves right to choose lynch

Annul
- hasn't posted policy on d1 lynch
- poor listing of abilities
- claimed by several not to have good scumhunting

KavDragon
- hasn't posted policy on d1 lynch
- posting more about other people's campaigns then his own

GGQ
- hasn't posted policy on d1 lynch
- seems to have been forgotten about? Has posted since but reminded no one of his candidacy

BumAtLarge
- Offers to give his d1 lynch to RebirthOfLegends!!
- Claims Blue (Blue claim seems more due to logical motivation rather than a slip IMO)

RebirthOfLegend
- Reserves right to choose lynch
- Professes very strong scum hunting abilities
- Offers to stand down if there are no counter-claims to BumAtLarge alignment claim of blue

Kenpachi
- hasn't posted policy on d1 lynch
- Has mentioned his running twice but hasn't spoken of his abilities

Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:01 GMT
#611
My analysis of the elections:

What do we need from our mayor?
The mayor lynches day 1. From many it has been made clear that as this lynch is a crapshoot it isn't terribly important who gets hit (Of course I care I just mean it doesn't carry much weight when you decide who is mayor).
For that reason the most important reason we try and stop a red/black alignment from getting the mayorship is longevity. We don't want to have to lynch his BGs to get at him. Because of this I have come to care less about the policy of d1 lynches in each campaign and more on whether or not they can scumhunt. This means I personally (and hopefully others) will worry about achieving a balance between paly experience and town telling when voting and NOT whether or not I have a say in the d1 lynch.

Outed Blue Candidate:
BumAtLarge has outed the fact that he is blue. What I don't understand is why people believe that we may end up with a 4-4 blue/black outing scenario. The way I see it a 50/50 lynch is an extremely pro-town opportunity. On that basis alone black should consider a blue cc. More to the point from towns POV the best thing to do is have a blue claim, wait for a cc and if it comes STOP THERE. We now have a 50/50 situation between 2 players and we don't need to vote either of them. I'm not going to bother explain why an uncced blue is clear so we then find that:

If a blue claims and there are no ccs he is clear.
If a blue claims and there are ccs NEITHER should be voted mayor.


Then our decision only becomes if the blue is cced do we want him as mayor. Personally I feel I would rather have a clear mayor with bad scumhunting abilities then a veteran played who is actually red/black.

I really want opinions on the above because I feel the fact I'm new might make that logic wrong. Tell me which you think is more important.

In BumAtLarges case I can see that while he doesn't have strong scum hunting skills (or so i hear) he could be clear. For me the decision is then probably made.

If a cc does turn up I would expect neither him nor his cc to be voted and instead someone else who meets the best balance on the veteran vs. townishness scale.

In fact in that situation I think the d1 lynch should probably be on the blue c.c.s.

Thats the end of my analysis rant. Next comes the voting so far...
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 20:02 GMT
#612
Kenpachi isnt an actual candidate btw. we would be better off electing the LSB_Bot
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 20:03 GMT
#613
didn't even mention my candidacy lol...
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:05 GMT
#614
The information I have on the votes so far:
+ = semi-certain votes for
- = semi-certain votes against


Annul: (+1,-1)
RoL says annul 'doesn't suck' at voting
Meapak says he has 0 scumhunting abilities

Kav: (+1,0)
Jackal states he will vote Kav

GGQ: (0,0)
No mentions

Chaoser: (+1,-1)
Meapak says he will vote Chaoser if he doesn't retract
CubEdin is against a Chaoser vote

Bum: (+6,-1)
RoL will vote him in exchange for exclusive rights to his lynch
iGrok is voting Bum
Tntked is voting Bum
KavDragon does not support Bum
Meapak has Bum in his top 3
CubEdin supports Bum
Brownbear supports Bum
Coagulation opposes Bum

RoL: (0,0)
Meapak has RoL in his top 3

Ken: (0,0)
No mentions

Bum is in a clear lead here.


Issues I personally have with any candidates/tactics are as follows:

I feel Bum definitely cant give away his vote. The entire point behind voting a blue is having a stronger lynch chance d1 due to being clear and knowing the other blues. Even if giving the vote away means a stronger scum hunter would use it there is no way of knowing which alignment RoL is. If this were Epic Mafia I would be seriously worried about RoL for offering this trade as it seems against town. However things in forum mafia may be a bit different.

Chaoser made an interesting point which started a debate on whether to pick our mayor from the mini-game or not. The chances of picking mafia in the mini game are 33%. The chances of picking a mafia when the mini-game is excluded is 33%. The chances of picking mafia from the entire role of players is 33%. These numbers don't do us any favors. Seeing as having a clear from the mini-game is impossible, as there are no blues, I would urge this strategy not be employed. (Someone check my maths, but i'm pretty sure i'm right)

Chaoser mentioned he would sheep town on the mayoral vote - I personally cannot support a mayor that would leave anything up to chance, even an election.

Meapak mentioned that mafia 100% knows who town is:
Jackal is a little enigmatic to me. While I feel he's been pretty protown so far, Coag's insta confirm of him has me really suspicious. tbh I'm more suspicious of Coag because only the mafia know 100% who is town.

Perhaps I'm taking his view out of context but this seems to be wrong on several levels:
#1 Mafia know who isn't mafia, not who is town
#2 Surely the third party (seemingly a second mafia) would also 'know' town.
#3 Meapak may misunderstand the tactics mafia will use in this game

Also Meapak has asserted he wishes to vote Chaoser but will vote Bum if Chaoser retracts. This implies he thinks Bum is clear (if uncced) but wishes to go for an uncertainty anyway (i.e. tunneling the mayoral vote). Surely in this situation logic dictates his vote be changed to Bum and not be dependent on whether Chaoser stands?
Misreading and misvoting - 2 attributes I don't want to see in the mayor

Lastly - and I apologize to my roomate for this ():
Jackal voted almost midway during night 0. I think LSB made it clear that vote didn't count but it was still made.
Deconduo offered an official and serious FOS so soon into the game…

Guys inform me if it's normal to behave that way or if in fact it's rushing it a bit...
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 20:05 GMT
#615
On March 25 2011 04:52 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
The man just got killed by letting his role slip in a PM circle in XXXVII. Night 1 boom he's gone.
And he does it again a week later???
Sorry. I'm not buying what he's selling.
I might be wrong but on night 0 I'm going to lean towards the side that my gut reaction had. That reaction was bullshit. If that makes me scummy in your eyes I'm sure you'll get over it.


I don't know if you have a bad memory or something but bum wasn't even in the game (XXXVII) till late. He replaced ICanFlyLow like on Day 2 or Day 3. He also flipped green. I don't think anyone on my team was in a PM circle with him in that game so he didn't let his role PM slip. Go check on that game if you want but he's clearly marked dead Night 3.

Well damn me. I got my beneathers and bums crossed.
Life can only kill you once.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 20:07 GMT
#616
its important to note i dont oppose bum after everything about his claim flushed out and i seen no opposition or counterclaiming blues. i clearly stated he would be a good pick.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:08 GMT
#617
Lol - not only as i'm writing these posts are new things coming up but as i'm POSTING THEM as well!!

Chaoser I don't know how i f****d up your candidacy cos i copy/pasted from textedit. As no edits are allowed I'll leave it as is as you get more mention later.
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
March 24 2011 20:09 GMT
#618
Hi guys!!!! I'm back!!!!!

Time to read the entire thread :p
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 24 2011 20:10 GMT
#619
this post regarding bum is most likely town pretty much says i dont oppose him.


On March 24 2011 12:57 Coagulation wrote:
nm i didnt see scumatlarge's post.

well between the two of them we got good candidates.


it just comes down to whos the better scumhunter
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 24 2011 20:11 GMT
#620
Sorry Coagulation I may have misread this:

Coagulation United States. March 24 2011 13:24. Posts 4432

wait what if theres no counter claim to you bum because the blues just got a green townie PM like the rest of us?
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1054
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm115
League of Legends
Doublelift5042
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5847
Other Games
summit1g8761
FrodaN3188
KnowMe221
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 29m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.