• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8855 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 29

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 273 Next
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 17:13 GMT
#561
woop

gonna wait to analyze that until everyone votes i guess. XD
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 17:14 GMT
#562
On March 25 2011 02:11 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 02:00 ilovejonn wrote:
No, just post in this thread.


Sorry, it was to that

Show nested quote +
Why not? real time pressure on people would be awesome. It's an added feature and it's recorded so why would it be bad?

Doesn't matter to me. I'll not use it. That is what the thread is for.
Life can only kill you once.
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 24 2011 17:21 GMT
#563
The only reason why I don't want an irc channel is because it will make it harder for me to keep up with the game. I don't get to sit infront of the irc channel all day, I catch up on mafia games over a few hours in one chunk usually.

As such, I don't have access to irc during the day, and reading logs will take for ever and analysing them will require more time to format properly. This makes it harder for me to play... Not to mention I would most likely not be able to join the irc chat often.

Not to mention how cluttered the thread will look once the logs are posted...

I guess if everyone else wants one I don't mind... Just don't call me scum if I donKt participate in it very much.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:24 GMT
#564
Okay, here's what I have so far:

Bum slipped hard early on, so he claimed blue. This opened up an opportunity for him to act as a mouth for the blues and lets us get a confirmed townie as mayor (assuming no counterclaim, if there is a counter claim I will re-assess the situation). And a confirmed townie as Mayor lets us get Lynch 1 under our control.

However, kavdragon makes a convincing argument, and I know that when I'm scum I usually try to snipe the best hunters first, so protecting them is a must. Hopefully, when roles are revealed, there will be some Medics/Doctors who can protect our best analysts. But they could also be used to protect bum.

Brownbear's analysis of bum's situation was good, but I think a little flawed. Its worth trading N blues for N scum, and so if Bum really is blue, the best thing that could happen is that scum counter claims. However, if there is a CC, the other blues shouldn't back up bum. 2 for 1 Blue to Scum isn't a good trade imo, and we'll have to lynch 1 blue at least. Scum doesn't have to keep claiming up to 4-4.

Currently, my vote is split between bum and kav, although I think if bum shows decent analysis d1 he'd steal my vote.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
March 24 2011 17:26 GMT
#565
I just want one place I have to look at to go through with everything. Besides, people
type
like
this
in
irc,
then
I have to read
a very long
log.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:27 GMT
#566
On March 25 2011 02:26 ilovejonn wrote:
I just want one place I have to look at to go through with everything. Besides, people
type
like
this
in
irc,
then
I have to read
a very long
log.

This is an excellent point. I'm going to go vote no on the poll now
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 24 2011 17:31 GMT
#567
Ok so Chaoser withdrew but that's fine because the Bum campaign has cleared up a lot of the concerns I had namely how it's impossible to win the claim trade. Bum is probably our best bet for all the reasons people have already stated so I wont parrot them off.

One thing that is worrying me right now is Jackal. I had previously pegged him as probably town with Coag just making a huge scum slip by saying that Jackal was confirmed. However with his sudden opposition to Bum I'm getting more suspicious of him. At this point there really isn't a reason not to vote for Bum unless you're not town allied and don't want a confirmed mayor.

I'd also like to point out that not only is Jackal's "focus on the item game" plan was originally Chaoser's, I just qouted it and reiterated it when I decided to vote for him.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 17:32 GMT
#568
On March 25 2011 02:26 ilovejonn wrote:
I just want one place I have to look at to go through with everything. Besides, people
type
like
this
in
irc,
then
I have to read
a very long
log.


We can just tell people not to
type
like
this

if they do...Just cause it's hard to read through doesn't mean it's not useful. It's an added feature, just cause you won't use it cause you don't want to deal with massive logs doesn't mean others won't.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:35 GMT
#569
On March 25 2011 02:27 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 02:26 ilovejonn wrote:
I just want one place I have to look at to go through with everything. Besides, people
type
like
this
in
irc,
then
I have to read
a very long
log.

This is an excellent point. I'm going to go vote no on the poll now


That's totally what the channel I'm currently in looks like because of me. :D
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 17:39 GMT
#570
Ok so Chaoser withdrew but that's fine because the Bum campaign has cleared up a lot of the concerns I had namely how it's impossible to win the claim trade. Bum is probably our best bet for all the reasons people have already stated so I wont parrot them off.


I'm actually still in it, at least until bum's situation is cleared via time and no one cc'ing.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 24 2011 17:42 GMT
#571
On March 25 2011 02:39 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
Ok so Chaoser withdrew but that's fine because the Bum campaign has cleared up a lot of the concerns I had namely how it's impossible to win the claim trade. Bum is probably our best bet for all the reasons people have already stated so I wont parrot them off.


I'm actually still in it, at least until bum's situation is cleared via time and no one cc'ing.

Oh alright I interpreted that as a withdraw. No offense but I'll still be voting Bum
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 17:57 GMT
#572
On March 25 2011 02:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Ok so Chaoser withdrew but that's fine because the Bum campaign has cleared up a lot of the concerns I had namely how it's impossible to win the claim trade. Bum is probably our best bet for all the reasons people have already stated so I wont parrot them off.

One thing that is worrying me right now is Jackal. I had previously pegged him as probably town with Coag just making a huge scum slip by saying that Jackal was confirmed. However with his sudden opposition to Bum I'm getting more suspicious of him. At this point there really isn't a reason not to vote for Bum unless you're not town allied and don't want a confirmed mayor.

I'd also like to point out that not only is Jackal's "focus on the item game" plan was originally Chaoser's, I just qouted it and reiterated it when I decided to vote for him.

I saw that a little while ago. Didn't mean to give credit where credit isn't due.

I'm only opposed to Bum because it is just too damned convenient.
I don't put much faith in oopsy look what I did.
Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 18:03 GMT
#573
Well, allow me to say that I don't think IRC is a good idea its far too easy to impersonate someone else, with posts we can be 100% sure that the person saying something is the actual person whose name appears on the post. Also bum has my full support barring a counterclaim, I urge all other candidates to withdraw.

Also I think we have a few people who aren't posting, I bet these are the people who are oh so busy chatting with their scum buddies about how to deal with the current situation, I propose a lurker be the person our mayor lynches (assuming we don't find a jucier target)!

Moderator
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 24 2011 18:05 GMT
#574
@GMarshal, you also have to take into consideration perople from other time zones... Or people like me that only have 2 posts since I'm at work and can't be on TL all the time
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 24 2011 18:09 GMT
#575
Sorry about the one-liners from before...it is my first time, I didn't realize that was inappropriate. I promise to make all future posts of mine painfully and needlessly verbose.

As far as the bum/not bum vote, I think bum is the best bet for the town for reasons that have already been discussed at length. (the biggest one for me being that I think if he wasn't blue by now one of the real blues would have surely counter-claimed) (If you are a blue and therefore know that bum isn't, please, there is no reason for you not to counter claim) So unless someone gives one hell of a compelling reason for me not to I intend to vote bum.

As far as the irc channels goes, well, gather round fellas, because I may be new to mafia, but I am an old hand at irc. I think having an irc for this is a very bad idea. Basically, it is just a more fast paced version of the forum which, on the one hand i know we all think 'well that is good it gives the scum more of a chance to fuck up and reveal themselves when they are under the gun' but the thing is, everyone will fuck up sooner or later. I'm sure if we do an irc channel literally everyone that participates will, sooner or later, say something that convinces someone that they are scum. That is what happens when you are able to share information without thinking hard about it first. (for instance, look at my signature...do you think any of those guys (besides aesop) would have said those things if they had had time to re-read it before clicking a post button?)

Also, I see a major component of the irc channel debate will be 'x isn't active in irc, he must be scum' or 'x is too active in irc, he must be scum' basically wifom madness imo, since with imperfect data either choice will put suspicion on a player and, since town outnumbers scum, more suspicion floating around should benefit scum.

So I vote no on irc and yes on bum, and the above are my reasons.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#576
On March 25 2011 03:05 Insanious wrote:
@GMarshal, you also have to take into consideration perople from other time zones... Or people like me that only have 2 posts since I'm at work and can't be on TL all the time


This is true, however I have no way of telling if you are at work or just lurking scum, this I'll have to judge by the quality of your posts, for example Ver/Ser Aspi in the last game posted infrequently but his posts were really great contributions. A lurker isn't someone who isn't posting its someone like Lemonwalrus ATM who is posting without giving us anything to work with.

Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#577
as I critizise Lemon he posts an actual significant post... sorry?
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 18:12 GMT
#578
On March 25 2011 03:03 GMarshal wrote:
Well, allow me to say that I don't think IRC is a good idea its far too easy to impersonate someone else, with posts we can be 100% sure that the person saying something is the actual person whose name appears on the post. Also bum has my full support barring a counterclaim, I urge all other candidates to withdraw.

Also I think we have a few people who aren't posting, I bet these are the people who are oh so busy chatting with their scum buddies about how to deal with the current situation, I propose a lurker be the person our mayor lynches (assuming we don't find a jucier target)!



Hmm, that's very true about impersonating someone...

And in line with the lurker lynch idea

1. Coagulation Posting
2. darmousseh Banned
3. Jackal58 Posting
4. annul Posting
5. Tackster NOT POSTING
6. Lemonwalrus NOT POSTING

People in the item game have a vested reason to post in thread cause it helps them gain info as well as allows themselves to come under scrutiny from town itself. Those that aren't contributing are playing decidedly anti town since we can't read you, nor can your fellow item players read you.

It's close to 24 hours already and Tackster and Lemonwalrus have not posted that much as all. Please contribute more~
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 18:12 GMT
#579
gah ninja-ed by lemon lol
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
March 24 2011 18:17 GMT
#580
wtf the more i post the more i get crap for not posting, what do you guys want from me (((((


Also I hadn't even thought of the impersonating people on irc thing that GMarshal brought up in his post. That is yet another convolution that irc will bring to the process. (although if we caught someone impersonating it would make it pretty obvious they were scum...so a potential for reward if a scum were to be so bold as to impersonate someone)

I think the real problem with the irc is that there is such a thing as too much information when you are trying to make a decision. If we have pages and pages of posts and pages and pages of irc logs to go by, 2 sides could make bulletproof arguments for one person being scum/not scum, and it could be almost impossible to tell who was right with any sort of objectivity.

Also....picking through irc logs sounds really tedious. I know that has no importance in the function of the game, but I just feel it will be less fun with a mountain of irc logs...and I kinda want to have fun.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O149
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 833
ZZZero.O 149
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
Doublelift6263
JimRising 823
Other Games
summit1g10060
FrodaN3097
C9.Mang0243
KnowMe146
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP92
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 59m
Replay Cast
22h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.