• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8683 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 273 Next
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
March 24 2011 15:58 GMT
#541
On March 25 2011 00:29 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 00:20 BrownBear wrote:
It's POSSIBLE that bum is a 3rd-party and our blue team is retarded. Very very unlikely though.

I see no reason to not vote for him at least for the time being.

Although, probably not happening, but imagine this: bum is 3rd party. Blues counterclaim. another 3rd party CCs the blue's counterclaim (nah guys, bum's a blue, so am i!). Blues with another of theirs. So on and so forth. Mafia rofls. We lose pretty hard


So on until it's 4-4, we give Mayor to someone else, lynch Bum and see what he flips as. Blue? Kill the 4 counterclaiming. Black? Kill the 3 defending him. At worst we trade Bum for the ENTIRE black party. Hell of a trade if you ask me.


Technically, we trade all the blues, because mafia will then proceed to nightkill everyone who survives the madness. Still not a TERRIBLE trade, just not the best.

RoL: You knew that already
SUNSFANNED
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 16:09 GMT
#542
On March 25 2011 00:27 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 23:47 Jackal58 wrote:
On March 24 2011 23:36 chaoser wrote:
I'll vote for bum, if he gets counter claimed then I'll stay in the race.

On March 24 2011 22:58 Jackal58 wrote:
On March 24 2011 22:07 deconduo wrote:
If he's blue: Vote for him
If he's not: There will be a cc

Whats not to get?

We hope if he's black there will be a cc. 4 blues and a bunch of noobs in the game. I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways here is a 1 in 3 chance of hitting a red or a black:
1. Coagulation
2. darmousseh
3. Jackal58
4. annul
5. Tackster
6. Lemonwalrus

I'm green. I suspect Coag is as well. So going on that we have a 50/50 shot at a red and a black between darm, annul, Tackster and LW.

Tackster and Lemon I don't know. So I don't know what to expect out of their play.
I haven't seen darm post yet.
Is annul red again? Wouldn't put it past LSB to do so. Or maybe he changed it up and made him black.

I would recommend confining our day 1 lynch to somebody on this list.


Thanks for basically copying and restating my idea...this + being against bum's run makes me FoS you.

If you said it I missed it. The only one I saw was Meapak's.


Then I wouldn't want you as a mayor at all. It's been posted/quoted a good 4-5 times. For mayor to miss something like that doesn't bode well for the future.

I'm at work. Pardon me.
Voting for somebody that can't keep their alignment to themselves for 4 hours bodes exceptionally well doesn't it?
Life can only kill you once.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 16:26 GMT
#543
I think we might have to vote bum now that he claimed... LSB's hints give me the impression that mafia gets to kill somebody tonight. Bum's gonna need the bodyguards.

Does mafia get a kill tonight?

And jackal, ATM your base of support for your candidacy consists of you and Coag, and Coag's numerous posts supporting you (included in the spoiler below) make me not want to vote for you. That could mean that you are both mafia, trying to get you elected, or it could mean that Coag is mafia and is trying to get newbie townies (like myself) to vote for you based purely on the strength of your reputation. This would mean that mafia wants you to be elected mayor, or that they don't want us to elect you. Either way, you're more dangerous to town than bum is.

IMO, voting on reputation is a bad idea. We have no evidence that you are not mafia this game; you haven't contributed much other than trying to pick apart other people's plans/candidacies, and coag's support for you is suspicious. Its safer to vote for the guy with the best plan that has acted most townlike. Bum has, and besides, now that he's claimed we're kind of obligated to protect him, otherwise mafia will try to kill him night 0, assuming that they get a kill.

Coags posts:

+ Show Spoiler +


On March 24 2011 11:49 Coagulation wrote:
im gonna vote for jackal based on
him not knowing about a second faction pretty much confirms him as town.


On March 24 2011 11:50 Coagulation wrote:
hes also manages to nail scum about 75% of the time he pushes a lynch on someone.



On March 24 2011 12:10 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 12:08 tnkted wrote:
On March 24 2011 12:05 Coagulation wrote:
Because he had absolutely no idea what the setup was for scum


Well, that would be a fairly simple thing to fake, wouldn't it.

That's not a confirm, its a shred of evidence.


you can ask around
i am pretty damn good at getting 100% town reads day 1 and banking big money on it and coming out on top.


On March 24 2011 12:56 Coagulation wrote:
jackal has a pretty damn fine track record of pushing to lynch scum.
and as for transparency i dont think you will find anyone more straightforward than him.
its also worth mentioning again we have much better odds of landing a town mayor if we elect from the item game to top that off i have a town read on him. and another thing needed to be taken into consideration is the item game players have a PM Circle to work with.

This is pretty much as good as it gets.




Imo Coag is an easy lynch night one.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
March 24 2011 16:37 GMT
#544
On March 23 2011 15:10 LSB wrote:
No kills will take place night 0
Godfatheresque selections will take place night 0

Day 1 will be a mayoral election with the mayor deciding the lynch the first day.

Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 16:38 GMT
#545
I withdraw from mayor.
My vote will go to Kav.
Life can only kill you once.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 16:39 GMT
#546
On March 25 2011 01:37 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 15:10 LSB wrote:
No kills will take place night 0
Godfatheresque selections will take place night 0

Day 1 will be a mayoral election with the mayor deciding the lynch the first day.




woop!

my bad.

The question remains though: what happens night 0? I have a stinking feeling that something bad is going to happen to bum for revealing this early...
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
March 24 2011 16:42 GMT
#547
On March 24 2011 23:45 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 14:13 iGrok wrote:
There also the fact that the mayor can choose the lynch, and can rely on active scumhunters' advice. The leader in this case only has to make the final decision, and I'd rather that be a confirmed town who will listen to scumhunters than an unknown or even probable town.


Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 18:41 deconduo wrote:
Kav's argument is pretty meh also. Why not elect a confirmed town mayor, and he can listen to all the vet's scumhunting. Its not like bumatlarge is bad either,,,


iGrok might be excusable because of he's newish, but I'm inclined to disbelieve that you would fail so hard on your logic Decon...

Scum hunters cannot tell the mayor what to push if they are dead. Besides, it's not like the mayor has some magical ability to bend the town to his will. When I was mayor in XXXVI, I was able to control the lynches because I was one of the only active scum hunters, Not because I was mayor. Mayor was only the shield I used so that I COULD hunt scum without dieing.

This is about protecting the people that are going to be hit by the mafia early and often. Read the pre-game, we already had the discussion about who the mafia would hit: If they don't hit the vets/analysts they will be caught. If bum cannot analyse then the mafia would LOVE to see him as mayor, because it's protecting someone who they wouldn't have hit anyways.

I want to stay active, and bring the pain to the red/black teams. I can't do this if I am dead. Vote for Kav. If this doesn't make sense, please let me know and I'll try to explain it more simply.



So you claim that its better to have a unconfirmed good scumhunter as mayor as opposed to a confirmed good scumhunter with an entire confirmed circle of scumhunters behind him. While we don't know if that team is good or not, surely there is no contest here?
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 16:51 GMT
#548
BTW guys, one really important thing to remember is that this IS insane mafia. Mafia might have some sort of recruiting power that can be stopped by protects or something which is why LSB said it's not in our best interest to claim most of the time. So let's be a bit more cautious with any plans for claiming in the future. While bum's claim was unavoidable after he slipped and I will vote for him, lets not follow in his example and claim all over.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-24 16:56:31
March 24 2011 16:53 GMT
#549
On March 25 2011 01:26 tnkted wrote:
Does mafia get a kill tonight?

No

In addition, I have added a poll here and in the Mod Notes of the OP
Poll: Would you like a Public IRC with recorded chat logs?

No (17)
 
77%

Yes (5)
 
23%

22 total votes

Your vote: Would you like a Public IRC with recorded chat logs?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
March 24 2011 17:00 GMT
#550
No, just post in this thread.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 17:07 GMT
#551
On March 25 2011 01:51 chaoser wrote:
BTW guys, one really important thing to remember is that this IS insane mafia. Mafia might have some sort of recruiting power that can be stopped by protects or something which is why LSB said it's not in our best interest to claim most of the time. So let's be a bit more cautious with any plans for claiming in the future. While bum's claim was unavoidable after he slipped and I will vote for him, lets not follow in his example and claim all over.

So you support a mayor that can't post without inadvertently saying stuff he probably shouldn't?
He got nked in XXXVI on night 1 because he let his role slip in a pm circle.
Seems to be an ongoing issue with him.
Life can only kill you once.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:07 GMT
#552
My thoughts as I'm going through this...


On March 24 2011 21:12 Jackal58 wrote:
Please. Save it. Their are 4 blues listed in the OP. One of them "accidentally" lets it slip?
So another comes out to confirm him? And now scum has half of the blues on the table?
C'mon. It's a bs claim. It's damn near foolproof. No blue with a half a brain is going to confirm him.


I can't 100% disagree with this. He does make some good points.


On March 24 2011 22:52 CubEdIn wrote:
So far, there's just one claim of blue. There are two scenarios:
a) All REAL blues are asleep and will counter-claim later on.
b) He is blue and the three other blue are keeping their mouth shut as they should.


Actually, I've changed my mind. This guy makes more sense.

[Blue and green win together, right?]


As I'm not used to this many people, please excuse me.
I know who I'll be voting for for mayor tomorrow.

I'm not sure I like these blue claims though. I can't see how it's favourable at this point, especially with not a single CC yet. Of course, that might be because of different timezones so different activity levels at different times of the day.

<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 17:07 GMT
#553
Why not? real time pressure on people would be awesome. It's an added feature and it's recorded so why would it be bad?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 17:08 GMT
#554
EBWOP
That should read XXXVII
Life can only kill you once.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:08 GMT
#555
On March 25 2011 01:51 chaoser wrote:
BTW guys, one really important thing to remember is that this IS insane mafia. Mafia might have some sort of recruiting power that can be stopped by protects or something which is why LSB said it's not in our best interest to claim most of the time. So let's be a bit more cautious with any plans for claiming in the future. While bum's claim was unavoidable after he slipped and I will vote for him, lets not follow in his example and claim all over.

I fail to see how it was unavoidable. Which page was it on?

<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 24 2011 17:09 GMT
#556
On March 25 2011 02:07 chaoser wrote:
Why not? real time pressure on people would be awesome. It's an added feature and it's recorded so why would it be bad?

Was that to me?
Life can only kill you once.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 17:11 GMT
#557
On March 25 2011 02:09 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 02:07 chaoser wrote:
Why not? real time pressure on people would be awesome. It's an added feature and it's recorded so why would it be bad?

Was that to me?


nah, the poll.

to the people who voted no: why?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 24 2011 17:11 GMT
#558
On March 25 2011 02:00 ilovejonn wrote:
No, just post in this thread.


Sorry, it was to that

Why not? real time pressure on people would be awesome. It's an added feature and it's recorded so why would it be bad?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
March 24 2011 17:11 GMT
#559
I actually don't understand what the poll is asking. :$
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 24 2011 17:13 GMT
#560
Seems to me that all greens would vote yes; we dont have anything to hide. Real time pressure = real time scumhunting. Can't think about what you're going to say before you say it.

There are 6 votes no, and 6 scum. COINCIDENCE?!
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1100
910 109
Hyun 74
NotJumperer 52
Bale 34
sorry 18
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto234
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King145
Other Games
summit1g7342
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft401
C9.Mang0289
PiGStarcraft201
NeuroSwarm115
ceh938
ViBE25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2221
League of Legends
• Rush1108
• Lourlo1026
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 43m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.