• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10258 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 04:28 GMT
#361
Darmousseh's perfect plan

Actually I came up with a better plan

Myself ABC
Node CD
Everyone else
CE

A good (1 - 0)
B good (1 - 0)
C good (5 - 2)
D good (1 - 0)
E good (3 - 2)
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 04:36 GMT
#362
If both of us are townies then we get the name of a mafia and lynch.

If node is by chance mafia, then D will be corrupt which will lead to a townie. We lynch that person and find hes townie and then lynch node next day.

If i'm mafia (which i'm not, but for the purpose of the plan) then the clues will be corrupt and we end up lynching the townie and node and finally myself.

If both of us are mafia then town wins! after lynching the townie on the first night.

In all 3 cases we discover at least 1 mafia and lose at most 2 townies (if i'm lying).

I think this is definitely the best plan since we get 100% guaranteed information.

Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 04:43:33
February 04 2011 04:37 GMT
#363
-
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 04:43:15
February 04 2011 04:40 GMT
#364
-
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 04:43 GMT
#365
On February 04 2011 13:40 LSB wrote:
Because there exists a solution that would result in instant town win, I will add in a rule.

"In order for Bloodycobbler to be able to accept a clue, there must be at least 3 messengers sending in a message" (Note the messages can be corrupted/uncorrupted. So 2 townies, and 1 mafia sending a message would be fine)



Dangit LSB I spent like 15 minutes figuring out the perfect plan lol.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 04 2011 04:43 GMT
#366
Ignore that I figured out a way to counter it
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 04:43:57
February 04 2011 04:43 GMT
#367
or maybe not?
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 04 2011 04:44 GMT
#368
On February 04 2011 13:43 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 13:40 LSB wrote:
Because there exists a solution that would result in instant town win, I will add in a rule.

"In order for Bloodycobbler to be able to accept a clue, there must be at least 3 messengers sending in a message" (Note the messages can be corrupted/uncorrupted. So 2 townies, and 1 mafia sending a message would be fine)



Dangit LSB I spent like 15 minutes figuring out the perfect plan lol.

Actually, you can proceed.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 04:44 GMT
#369
On February 04 2011 13:43 LSB wrote:
Ignore that I figured out a way to counter it



uh oh, now I have to think of how it could be possibly countered.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 04 2011 04:56 GMT
#370
On February 04 2011 13:44 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 13:43 LSB wrote:
Ignore that I figured out a way to counter it



uh oh, now I have to think of how it could be possibly countered.

Uh don't worry about that. I was thinking of something else unrelated to your plan.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 05:03 GMT
#371
Ok i think i found the counter, there are a lot of scenarios so please bear through it.

Me townie
Node townie


Person picked is one of the 5: Lynch => mafia.

Me townie
Node Mafia


Person picked is one of 5: lynch => green, then lynch node

Person picked is me, lynch node

Me mafia
Node townie

Person picked is one of 5, lynch => green, lynch node => green, lynch me

Person picked is node, lynch => me


Me mafia
Node mafia

Person picked is one of 5, lynch => green, lynch node => red, lynch me

In general

If the person flipped is me or node then lynch node and then lynch me (if neccesary)
If the person flipped is someone else then lynch that person, if that person is green then lynch me and node. (at least one green)


The worst possible outcome is 4 town 1 mafia. (minus night kill)
The best possible outcome is 6 town 1 mafia.

Since I am town this means

Worst possible outcome 5 town 1 mafia
Best possible outcome 6 town 1 mafia


This would be a volunteer job node, if you are mafia you will get yourself killed, otherwise you will help us find a mafia


Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 05:03 GMT
#372
EBWOP there is no counter.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 05:39 GMT
#373
If he is going to let us go with this plan that's fine with me

Oh and I just realized the counter. The counter plan would be changing the plan at the last second, but if I did that it would be obvious I was scum. Vote for the perfect plan!

##Vote: darmousseh
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 04 2011 06:05 GMT
#374
##Vote: darmousseh
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 04 2011 06:58 GMT
#375
Alright.

##Vote: darmousseh

If you played us witht he Pandain accusation you deserve an award. Really subtle mafia play if so.
RIP Aaliyah
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 07:33 GMT
#376
On February 04 2011 15:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Alright.

##Vote: darmousseh

If you played us witht he Pandain accusation you deserve an award. Really subtle mafia play if so.



I have no idea about pandain now, since he was hit then he's either a vet or a green with a medic or the mafia is trying to confuse us all by somehow getting the medic to protect him while hitting themselves. That would be amazing if true.

I really thought I had something solid when I found all the clues with the word heart in it. Now I'm not so sure :/

Alright guys this plan is 100% solid though. I've been trying to think of a way to corrupt it, but I can't think of any. If you find any holes please say them.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 07:43 GMT
#377
I don't get all of this puzzle mafia thing lol.

So if I understand this right.
The end result will reveal a name but we don't know what side he is on right?
So if you pair him up to another person you'll know what the other side is too?

This is so confusing lol.

I don't get at the part of darmousseh what happens when both are town.
From my understanding it's if no corruption means we'll get a mafia name? Else we get a townie name and then we figure out what the other is after we lynch the townie?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 07:55 GMT
#378
On February 04 2011 16:43 shannn wrote:
I don't get all of this puzzle mafia thing lol.

So if I understand this right.
The end result will reveal a name but we don't know what side he is on right?
So if you pair him up to another person you'll know what the other side is too?

This is so confusing lol.

I don't get at the part of darmousseh what happens when both are town.
From my understanding it's if no corruption means we'll get a mafia name? Else we get a townie name and then we figure out what the other is after we lynch the townie?


Basically we need to get 5 messages to the person. As long as we send the 5 messages uncorrupted, we will get the name of a mafia player. If one of the messages is corrupted, then we will get the name of a townie (we won't know that the message is corrupt). In order to corrupt a message, there have to be at least as many mafia or more sending that message.

So in my plan, if node is mafia, then message D will be corrupt which will cause the name revealed to point to a townie since the # of mafia giving the message (1) is greater than the # of townies giving the message (0).

My plan works based on the logic of the puzzle. In any scenario we will get the name of 1 mafia. I am town and if node is town then messages A B and D will be good. Message C will also be good since everyone is sending message C and message E will be good since we have 5 people sending it and there are at most 2 mafia in the game. This means we will get the name of a mafia whom we can lynch.

You can read about the other scenarios in the post above. Ask if you have more questions.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 08:08 GMT
#379
I think I understand the plan finally. That does sound bullet proof as far as I can tell.
But my only question is why would you not use 2 big suspects instead of you and node?
This way we'll find out faster who is mafia or not right?

I'll go with your plan unless someone finds a hole in that plan.

##vote darmousseh
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 08:12 GMT
#380
Oh never mind. Its better to pick 2 most likely town members because then you'll get a mafia name right away but when you lynch that person and he isn't mafia then we get you or node as mafia right?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 250
UpATreeSC 70
Codebar 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39714
Calm 3798
Bisu 2273
Shuttle 1372
FanTaSy 1266
Mini 546
Hyuk 395
actioN 338
Stork 307
EffOrt 287
[ Show more ]
firebathero 194
Barracks 183
Rush 181
Snow 141
Dewaltoss 109
Zeus 68
Shinee 48
Sharp 37
Killer 33
Sea.KH 32
Hyun 31
soO 30
Pusan 29
Liquid`Ret 29
Bale 27
Free 22
Shine 21
Aegong 19
Yoon 19
PianO 17
HiyA 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8731
Dendi1117
XaKoH 254
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
x6flipin729
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes575
Other Games
singsing2442
hiko1490
FrodaN807
Beastyqt545
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee202
byalli193
Hui .159
Liquid`VortiX147
C9.Mang0101
RotterdaM96
Mew2King63
Trikslyr57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV334
League of Legends
• Nemesis3447
Other Games
• Shiphtur934
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Replay Cast
6h 42m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.