• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9484 users

Mini Mafia V: Clues and Puzzles - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 30 Next All
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 08:15 GMT
#381
Yea I like that plan of yours darmousseh. At worst case scenario we'll lose 2 townies to get 1 mafia at the least or at the best case possible mafia right away.

I will volunteer to prove I'm town so I can go instead of node if you want. Because I'm sure you're town and I'm town 100% this would mean when we get a name that person should be 100% mafia.
If he isn't mafia then lynch me first to prove that I'm town and you're mafia in that case.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 04 2011 08:33 GMT
#382
On February 04 2011 17:12 shannn wrote:
Oh never mind. Its better to pick 2 most likely town members because then you'll get a mafia name right away but when you lynch that person and he isn't mafia then we get you or node as mafia right?

Correct. Darmousseh wouldn't throw himself under the bus like that so the rational response is to lynch Node.
RIP Aaliyah
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
February 04 2011 11:36 GMT
#383
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 04 2011 12:21 GMT
#384
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.


Because if one of us is mafia, the thing is corrupt. And we have no idea who's the mafia. His plan is pretty much perfect.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 04 2011 12:53 GMT
#385
On February 04 2011 21:21 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.


Because if one of us is mafia, the thing is corrupt. And we have no idea who's the mafia. His plan is pretty much perfect.


Also, everyone has to send a message I think, you can't just only use 3 people.

Let's say I'm mafia, The thing would be corrupt and since I'm suspected, everyone would lynch me. congrats.

Let's say Node is mafia, the thing would be corrupt and since I'm suspected, everyone would lynch me and then be confused.

Same with Dmosh. As long as mafia hold a piece of the msg that is equal to or greater than the amount of townies holding that same piece, then the msg gets corrupted.

Not that any of this matters since everyone has to hold a piece anyway and in yours only three people do.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 15:08 GMT
#386
Chaoser is right and message will only be corrupt when the mafia and town are equal or when mafia members are more than the town holding the message.

So if 1 mafia and 1 town has both the same message. This message would be corrupt.
If there is 1 mafia and 2 town with same message this message would not be corrupt.

Darmousseh's plan basically guaranteeds a mafia lynch within 3 days at worst (if darmousseh is mafia else it's within 2 days).

His plan needs 1 sacrifice as a backup plan.
You need 2 most likely town members to have a direct mafia lynch. If someone thinks he's town he should volunteer with darmousseh making it a guarantee that we get 1 mafia lynch AND we know that the 2 volunteers will be town 100%. This results in mafia able to kill them at night but we'll lynch 1 mafia right away making it a 6-1 situation which is the perfect result for town and at worst case scenario a 4-2 situation at night 3 going 4-1 at day 4.

Darmousseh's plan is the best one so far and as far as I can see no hole in it's plan. So everyone not voting is already an indication of being mafia or just really stupid townie.
Mafia voting for darmousseh's plan means they'll get lynched within a day or 2 so it's a win/win for town.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 15:16 GMT
#387
oh and if there is 2 town holding the same message means no corrupted message and when there are no corrupted messages you get a mafia name to explain the above.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 16:24 GMT
#388
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.



By having everyone else do E as well, we can group E together and make the # of lynches required to figure out the mafia 1 less.

There is a simplification of my plan too [Not proposing yet]

Darmousseh ABC
Node D
Everyone else E

Here's the thing too, if node is mafia and volunteers, then we discover him and lynch him by 2nd day, if node node is mafia and doesn't like the plan, we can pick someone else to be the 2nd likely townie, and then get a clue pointing towards node or the other mafia. If he is townie, then we will be 100% ok with the plan (unless he finds something all of us didn't catch, but doesn't announce it).
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 17:26 GMT
#389
On February 05 2011 01:24 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.



By having everyone else do E as well, we can group E together and make the # of lynches required to figure out the mafia 1 less.

There is a simplification of my plan too [Not proposing yet]

Darmousseh ABC
Node D
Everyone else E

Here's the thing too, if node is mafia and volunteers, then we discover him and lynch him by 2nd day, if node node is mafia and doesn't like the plan, we can pick someone else to be the 2nd likely townie, and then get a clue pointing towards node or the other mafia. If he is townie, then we will be 100% ok with the plan (unless he finds something all of us didn't catch, but doesn't announce it).

As much as you think that's bulletproof there's still the possibility even though it's unlikely at this point that you're mafia. I'm not saying you are but just pointing out that your plan isn't 100% foolproof for town. You might as well be mafia and then we're lynching 2 townies untill we discover that you're mafia and then we don't have any connection to the other mafia if you were.

Seems like mafia's best bet to get as less harmfull of this ridiculous good plan. By stalling enough time for town to discover mafia members as late as possible.
My scenario above is highly unlikely but just pointing the possible scenario of your plan for you
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 17:51 GMT
#390
On February 05 2011 02:26 shannn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 01:24 darmousseh wrote:
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.



By having everyone else do E as well, we can group E together and make the # of lynches required to figure out the mafia 1 less.

There is a simplification of my plan too [Not proposing yet]

Darmousseh ABC
Node D
Everyone else E

Here's the thing too, if node is mafia and volunteers, then we discover him and lynch him by 2nd day, if node node is mafia and doesn't like the plan, we can pick someone else to be the 2nd likely townie, and then get a clue pointing towards node or the other mafia. If he is townie, then we will be 100% ok with the plan (unless he finds something all of us didn't catch, but doesn't announce it).

As much as you think that's bulletproof there's still the possibility even though it's unlikely at this point that you're mafia. I'm not saying you are but just pointing out that your plan isn't 100% foolproof for town. You might as well be mafia and then we're lynching 2 townies untill we discover that you're mafia and then we don't have any connection to the other mafia if you were.

Seems like mafia's best bet to get as less harmfull of this ridiculous good plan. By stalling enough time for town to discover mafia members as late as possible.
My scenario above is highly unlikely but just pointing the possible scenario of your plan for you



Very true, if I am mafia then this would be the most optimal choice of my plan, however, a good mafia would never have come up with the plan that will produce a mafia anyway and instead the mafia will be stalling and suggesting that we simply override the vote and continue the game normally. If you believe someone else is more likely green than myself, then suggest that person instead, but I want what is best for town and so i'm willing to volunteer for it.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 19:13 GMT
#391
On February 05 2011 02:51 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 02:26 shannn wrote:
On February 05 2011 01:24 darmousseh wrote:
On February 04 2011 20:36 Pandain wrote:
Why not just do something like this?
Dmosh-ABC
Chaoser: D
Node: E.

No matter what we get mafia result, unless I'm missing something.



By having everyone else do E as well, we can group E together and make the # of lynches required to figure out the mafia 1 less.

There is a simplification of my plan too [Not proposing yet]

Darmousseh ABC
Node D
Everyone else E

Here's the thing too, if node is mafia and volunteers, then we discover him and lynch him by 2nd day, if node node is mafia and doesn't like the plan, we can pick someone else to be the 2nd likely townie, and then get a clue pointing towards node or the other mafia. If he is townie, then we will be 100% ok with the plan (unless he finds something all of us didn't catch, but doesn't announce it).

As much as you think that's bulletproof there's still the possibility even though it's unlikely at this point that you're mafia. I'm not saying you are but just pointing out that your plan isn't 100% foolproof for town. You might as well be mafia and then we're lynching 2 townies untill we discover that you're mafia and then we don't have any connection to the other mafia if you were.

Seems like mafia's best bet to get as less harmfull of this ridiculous good plan. By stalling enough time for town to discover mafia members as late as possible.
My scenario above is highly unlikely but just pointing the possible scenario of your plan for you



Very true, if I am mafia then this would be the most optimal choice of my plan, however, a good mafia would never have come up with the plan that will produce a mafia anyway and instead the mafia will be stalling and suggesting that we simply override the vote and continue the game normally. If you believe someone else is more likely green than myself, then suggest that person instead, but I want what is best for town and so i'm willing to volunteer for it.

We don't know who the mafia are thus we cannot judge how good they are. CubedIn who was lynched as town should prove you this. Mafia has to come up with this plan before town because simply if they don't they'll lose the game almost 99% for sure. By coming up with this plan then they'll avoid getting both of their mafia members to get lynched and in the process hurt town a lot.

It's a matter of trust at this point of the plan. Can people trust someone who could be a potential mafia even though it's highly unlikely?

This puzzle is a game of damage control. Both sides will have to make a sacrifice in order to do huge damage to the other side.
I will still stand by your plan as no one has come up with any better.

I'm pointing out the possible scenario's how the mafia could think. I volunteer myself in combination with you as this would be a good indication for town who could be mafia as I can assume almost everyone would think I'm mafia at this point (except mafia) when you judge on the day 2 clues and everyone thinks you're town. I'm volunteering now because this puzzle can end the game in town's favor very fast if I don't volunteer as sacrificial lamb.

Mafia can only resist of having me as a volunteer because then there's the possibility that they'll get revealed in doing so. They used me as a cover which I allowed them to do so in this game because I as Q fit the clues very well but not as the best. By denying this option for mafia and in combination of this puzzle it will reveal 2 mafia players in the best case possible or 1 in the worst case.

What I only want now from people is to write down the possible suspects they have of being mafia in combination of day 2 clues and post behavior.

I can already tell there's going to be either 3 or 4 people on their lists of suspects. When you have 3 or 4 people (with me 100% guaranteed on the list) then out of the remaining 2 or 3 people there's going to be 2 mafia assuming I'm town.

A good reason for me to be a volunteer if darmousseh is town which I'm quite sure of (but not entirely).

With this we can get 2 straight mafia lynches if darmousseh is town and if people can trust me of being town and let me volunteer. If I weren't town then I'm going to get lynched after 1 day anyways which is not optimal at all.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 19:20 GMT
#392
edit for last part of above post.

It wouldn't be optimal if I were mafia to volunteer and get lynched after day 1. It would be most optimal if I were last of the line. The more reasoning for town to trust me on my word and if it does happen we lynch green then darmousseh and me are going to be lynched anyways. Which is a sure win for town in this case.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 04 2011 19:28 GMT
#393
We should absolutely stick with darmousseh's original plan. Any attempts to modify this or mislead town in a different direction will be setting off huge alarms in my brain.
RIP Aaliyah
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
February 04 2011 19:46 GMT
#394
On February 05 2011 04:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
We should absolutely stick with darmousseh's original plan. Any attempts to modify this or mislead town in a different direction will be setting off huge alarms in my brain.

Concur
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
February 04 2011 19:46 GMT
#395
##Vote Dmosh's plan
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 19:47 GMT
#396
On February 05 2011 04:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
We should absolutely stick with darmousseh's original plan. Any attempts to modify this or mislead town in a different direction will be setting off huge alarms in my brain.

What do u mean with original plan? Darmousseh's plan is the same concept. Take 2 people and lynch the name we get from BC. The scenario's that comes out of it is the same from the plan he posted previous page.

The original plan will still get the same results.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 04 2011 20:02 GMT
#397
On February 05 2011 04:47 shannn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 04:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
We should absolutely stick with darmousseh's original plan. Any attempts to modify this or mislead town in a different direction will be setting off huge alarms in my brain.

What do u mean with original plan? Darmousseh's plan is the same concept. Take 2 people and lynch the name we get from BC. The scenario's that comes out of it is the same from the plan he posted previous page.

The original plan will still get the same results.


The will produce identical results. Just keep me and node as the two highest possible townies and go from there. I already voted so lets do it.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 20:11 GMT
#398
On February 05 2011 05:02 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 04:47 shannn wrote:
On February 05 2011 04:28 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
We should absolutely stick with darmousseh's original plan. Any attempts to modify this or mislead town in a different direction will be setting off huge alarms in my brain.

What do u mean with original plan? Darmousseh's plan is the same concept. Take 2 people and lynch the name we get from BC. The scenario's that comes out of it is the same from the plan he posted previous page.

The original plan will still get the same results.


The will produce identical results. Just keep me and node as the two highest possible townies and go from there. I already voted so lets do it.

Ok I'm fine with that if you want to. I volunteered because having me as sacrificial lamb it would lead town to 1 mafia member and we'd narrow down the possible mafia members.

By not having me as a sacrificial lamb. Town will still going to suspect me of being mafia and mafia can just go along with this. I'm just thinking ahead of mafia here. As long as I'm still a big suspect they won't kill me off at night as well to make sure town will suspect me till the end of the game.

I've made my move now and people decide what they want. Just going to warn you all that we'd lose the game this way.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
February 04 2011 20:29 GMT
#399
You know what it doesn't matter in any case lol. We can go with darmousseh and node or darmousseh and me.

I already figured out how to get the remaining mafia if we use node and darmousseh as volunteers. So simple. Should be easy win for town this game.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 04 2011 22:04 GMT
#400
I like darmousseh's plan, I like it alot, unless someone comes up with something absolutely brilliant then I believe we now stand a strong chance of winning. I'm willing to go with

##Vote darmousseh
Moderator
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings10
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 155
ProTech142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14418
Artosis 619
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm137
canceldota133
League of Legends
Doublelift3560
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe49
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6897
FrodaN1059
shahzam475
C9.Mang0337
Day[9].tv144
Mew2King24
Maynarde23
Trikslyr6
fpsfer 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• RyuSc2 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie832
• Shiphtur587
• Day9tv144
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 49m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.