• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:22
CEST 02:22
KST 09:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8971 users

Insane Mafia - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 223 Next
Hyperbola
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2554 Posts
October 29 2010 00:45 GMT
#161
On October 29 2010 08:29 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 07:47 Hyperbola wrote:
Citizens of Insania,

I would like to announce my candidacy for mayor. In light of recent events, most importantly the town's development of many new powers, a new system of government must emerge to quell the chaos that is this town. It has come to our attention that the local mafia has begun to exploit their new abilities and are now aiming for total control of this fine community. In order to successfully repel them, a properly organized inner circle of supertownies must be established. This new circle needs leadership and commitment, and I believe I am the man for the job.

Vote for Order! Vote Hyperbola!


Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 07:49 CubEdIn wrote:
*heads to the voting thread to vote for Hyperbola*

*giggles*


See, this is bad, we can't have this. Look how much nonsense he spouted. No of that means anything. IT MEANS NOTHING. Then this dude just votes for him? Sorry charlie not having it. You need to be voting for me.

If I am not voed in, I will be
Then I will become a Pandain/BM (without the getting modkilled part) and just bug everyone.

But if I am! I will be :D
Everything will go under my scrutinizer eye and no one will get any biased treatment. Except for maybe Ace, who I owe some respect for that penalty mafia game. He's allowed to do his own thing and not vote for me.

An interesting strategy. You call me out on my magnificent speech and then proceed to say almost nothing yourself. Then you direct attention away from yourself and give the illusion of trying to help town by saying random things about the game. I don't think Cube was being serious when he posted that, but I however, was.
I am very adept at organization and strategic play. Although I may have not been in as many mafia games and tend to stay quiet, I can still manage a team and have done so in games I was mafia in. The same skills can apply to town if we are able to sort out who's who and create a legitimate town circle. Furthermore, I am very adept at sorting out what's what's legitimate and what's bullshit. Unless there are some specific roles which may overcome my keen eye, I can guarantee you that there will be NO leaks in the town circle if I am voted mayor.
As for the issue of whether I am mafia or not... you can be damn well sure that the first person to announce their candidacy for mayor as I did had better be really fucking good at defending themselves from clues if they're mafia. Other than that fact, I cannot guarantee anything. But that is what most elections are: a leap of faith.
####
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
October 29 2010 00:47 GMT
#162
Along with buma, keep in mind that this is not a typical mafia game. Read your PM role carefully to make sure there isn't something different about youre role and a typical mafia game role.
Whaaaa?
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 29 2010 00:47 GMT
#163
Pandain seemed pretty collected in the Haunted game, but many of his predictions were off. I'm not too sure about allowing him another chance to be wrong again, especially in a smaller game such as this.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 29 2010 00:50 GMT
#164
im confused... so bodyguard(s) is a role? T_T


(a mafia should read this post and assume that im not a bodyguard and they wont kill me :3)
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 29 2010 00:52 GMT
#165
also: can a bodyguard be a mayor? and what if it happen?

@GM: also please clarify what you mean earlier about mafia has 2+1 KP? whats the meaning of +1
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 29 2010 00:53 GMT
#166
On October 29 2010 09:50 NB wrote:
im confused... so bodyguard(s) is a role? T_T


(a mafia should read this post and assume that im not a bodyguard and they wont kill me :3)

we don't know what roles are in this game but if there is a mayor i'm pretty sure there will be bodyguards
RIP Aaliyah
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 29 2010 00:53 GMT
#167
I'm having trouble deciding between the candidates as well. I'm pretty afraid that the reds will campaign into a mayor position, but on the other hand electing a critical blue (such as DT or similar) would be a huge boon. Like BB, I'll vote for myself until I'm convinced a candidate is non-scummy.

I am convinced, though, that we need to elect an experienced player.
Translator:3
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 29 2010 00:53 GMT
#168
On October 29 2010 09:50 NB wrote:
im confused... so bodyguard(s) is a role? T_T


(a mafia should read this post and assume that im not a bodyguard and they wont kill me :3)


It's like a secondary role, such as the person voted mayor will still have there same role regardless. Bodyguards are a secret, but I think the mayor can see who they are. I'm also throwing a guess that because there is no public pardoner, someone has a secret role pertaining to lynch avoiding or something. 39 people is alot of roles to dish out, so Im eager to see what we are dealing with in the future.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 29 2010 00:54 GMT
#169
On October 29 2010 09:47 orgolove wrote:
Pandain seemed pretty collected in the Haunted game, but many of his predictions were off. I'm not too sure about allowing him another chance to be wrong again, especially in a smaller game such as this.


Such as????? I nailed Heaven on earth, and I definitely wouldn't have allowed a town circle to form such that there were only like 4 vamps left(one count dracula.) Inflitration should have been especially cautious, yet was never brought up in that game.

I'm alright with electing someone else, but I feel I can really help.

As for your roles.... keep that to yourself. Obviously they are quite interesting(or maybe I'm special {yay for vaugness} ) but as of now try to keep it to yourself. If you feel you can nab a mafia with it, or establish a CONFIRMED town circle, then reveal. But be cautious.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 29 2010 00:55 GMT
#170
On October 29 2010 09:52 NB wrote:
also: can a bodyguard be a mayor? and what if it happen?

@GM: also please clarify what you mean earlier about mafia has 2+1 KP? whats the meaning of +1

in a game with bodyguards, bodyguards are selected after the election, not before

so mayor cannot be a bg
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 29 2010 00:55 GMT
#171
btw how do we have a town circle in a game with no pms lol
RIP Aaliyah
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 29 2010 00:57 GMT
#172
So after the mayor is selected, he immediately chooses the one to be lynched, then the first night begins?


What I mean is, has the first day begun, or are we still in the preliminary decision process?
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 29 2010 00:57 GMT
#173
On October 29 2010 09:52 NB wrote:
@GM: also please clarify what you mean earlier about mafia has 2+1 KP? whats the meaning of +1

The Mafia only has 2 conventional KP. I can say no more.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 29 2010 00:58 GMT
#174
On October 29 2010 09:45 Hyperbola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 08:29 bumatlarge wrote:
On October 29 2010 07:47 Hyperbola wrote:
Citizens of Insania,

I would like to announce my candidacy for mayor. In light of recent events, most importantly the town's development of many new powers, a new system of government must emerge to quell the chaos that is this town. It has come to our attention that the local mafia has begun to exploit their new abilities and are now aiming for total control of this fine community. In order to successfully repel them, a properly organized inner circle of supertownies must be established. This new circle needs leadership and commitment, and I believe I am the man for the job.

Vote for Order! Vote Hyperbola!


On October 29 2010 07:49 CubEdIn wrote:
*heads to the voting thread to vote for Hyperbola*

*giggles*


See, this is bad, we can't have this. Look how much nonsense he spouted. No of that means anything. IT MEANS NOTHING. Then this dude just votes for him? Sorry charlie not having it. You need to be voting for me.

If I am not voed in, I will be
Then I will become a Pandain/BM (without the getting modkilled part) and just bug everyone.

But if I am! I will be :D
Everything will go under my scrutinizer eye and no one will get any biased treatment. Except for maybe Ace, who I owe some respect for that penalty mafia game. He's allowed to do his own thing and not vote for me.

An interesting strategy. You call me out on my magnificent speech and then proceed to say almost nothing yourself. Then you direct attention away from yourself and give the illusion of trying to help town by saying random things about the game. I don't think Cube was being serious when he posted that, but I however, was.
I am very adept at organization and strategic play. Although I may have not been in as many mafia games and tend to stay quiet, I can still manage a team and have done so in games I was mafia in. The same skills can apply to town if we are able to sort out who's who and create a legitimate town circle. Furthermore, I am very adept at sorting out what's what's legitimate and what's bullshit. Unless there are some specific roles which may overcome my keen eye, I can guarantee you that there will be NO leaks in the town circle if I am voted mayor.
As for the issue of whether I am mafia or not... you can be damn well sure that the first person to announce their candidacy for mayor as I did had better be really fucking good at defending themselves from clues if they're mafia. Other than that fact, I cannot guarantee anything. But that is what most elections are: a leap of faith.


I'm curious how you would go about forming a town circle. Considering the PM rules. And there are no clues in this game, unless you mean something else like slip-ups. It seems for someone claiming they have such a keen-eye, you don't read the OP very well. I don't think this makes you scummy, you just don't stand out as an experienced player if we put aside how smart you will be as mayor.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 29 2010 00:59 GMT
#175
On October 29 2010 09:55 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
btw how do we have a town circle in a game with no pms lol


bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 29 2010 01:01 GMT
#176
On October 29 2010 09:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 09:52 NB wrote:
@GM: also please clarify what you mean earlier about mafia has 2+1 KP? whats the meaning of +1

The Mafia only has 2 conventional KP. I can say no more.


I think this clarifies that mafia will have some wiggity whack roles to compensate some things. Which isn't a surprise. Be careful about what you think is certain in this game.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 29 2010 01:01 GMT
#177
On October 29 2010 09:59 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 09:55 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
btw how do we have a town circle in a game with no pms lol



thanks for the useless no info post

On October 29 2010 09:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2010 09:52 NB wrote:
@GM: also please clarify what you mean earlier about mafia has 2+1 KP? whats the meaning of +1

The Mafia only has 2 conventional KP. I can say no more.



my guess is that the mafia has a role that can infect someone with murrayitis. if this is the case that role is our #1 target as town and is the role that mafia would probably want to have as mayor, since mayor is generally immune to rolechecks and special roles can not usually be godfather



RIP Aaliyah
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
October 29 2010 01:02 GMT
#178
Since we're all blue (well, the town is), won't it be difficult for the mafia to know who to focus down, esp since they don't even know what roles there are? I'm just questioning since even if you role claim, it doesn't really do anything bad for the town.

I'd actually argue the other way. If we all role claim, we are able to check what other people do during the night action and see if it fits into their role. Also, the mafia won't know what roles there are, so their going to have to make their roles up. The biggest flaw in this is that then, the mafia will know what roles there are and who they are, but if we are able to weed the mafia out fast enough, its an easy town victory.
Whaaaa?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 29 2010 01:04 GMT
#179
On October 29 2010 10:02 Misder wrote:
Since we're all blue (well, the town is), won't it be difficult for the mafia to know who to focus down, esp since they don't even know what roles there are? I'm just questioning since even if you role claim, it doesn't really do anything bad for the town.

I'd actually argue the other way. If we all role claim, we are able to check what other people do during the night action and see if it fits into their role. Also, the mafia won't know what roles there are, so their going to have to make their roles up. The biggest flaw in this is that then, the mafia will know what roles there are and who they are, but if we are able to weed the mafia out fast enough, its an easy town victory.


if we all role claim
1. mafia can discern which roles are the stronest and focus those people down

also, like you said, since everyone is blue the mafia isn't bluesniping in this game. so their priority should be experienced players. so our medics if we have any should be protecting our most experienced players

also pay attention in the late game. any experienced player who is not dead is highly suspicious. in brownbears mafia game no one wondered why bloodcobbler and me survived to the end when it was obvious the mafia were just hitting experienced players. we can't let that happen
RIP Aaliyah
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
October 29 2010 01:05 GMT
#180
On murrayitis: One of my biggest concerns is that murrayitis is "highly contagious" (according to Artanis post). This suggests that if you are infected, any night action you do that involves going somewhere else will probably infect that other person.
Whaaaa?
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 223 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 474
Bale 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever592
League of Legends
Doublelift5056
Other Games
summit1g10420
JimRising 480
ViBE252
KnowMe194
Livibee185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• Adnapsc2 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1383
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 38m
Patches Events
14h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 38m
OSC
22h 38m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.