• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:45
CEST 21:45
KST 04:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9374 users

World at War Mafia - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 123 Next
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 24 2010 21:53 GMT
#401
On March 25 2010 06:49 Zona wrote:
As to elaborate on why I'm willing to overlook an anti-town statement. Players on TL are on average, pretty bad. Looking through past games, you see townies all over the place making horrible statements with very bad ideas. It's something you have to keep in mind, playing here. Otherwise most of the players in most games would be instant lynch targets.



But at least the ones who want to absolve themselves of suspicion will at least make some attempt at replying rather than letting it slide by. This type of behavior doesn't go unnoticed and makes people look scummy as it looks like they're trying to dodge the question, especially when somebody else has brought it up and it still hasn't been replied to.
In DotA you could
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 24 2010 21:54 GMT
#402
On March 25 2010 06:53 Nikon wrote:
Assuming, they're masons, can we be sure that they're only 2? There probably is a third person in the circle. Just saying...



Would you like to roleclaim too so we can have this discussion about you the next day?
In DotA you could
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 24 2010 21:55 GMT
#403
zona, that sounds similiar to the sibling role.

however, with the sibling role, all that is certain is that you die when your sibling dies, but it does guarantee that either player is town or mafia.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 24 2010 21:57 GMT
#404
I don't think there is any need to lynch one, It is extremely unlikely that mafia would pretend to have these roles as the roles themselves are not even disclosed, seems fair to assume they are telling the truth. If mafia were going to fake something as elaborate as this then OpZ and Abenson would not be people I would consider capable of doing so.

On this hypothesis I think people who voted for OpZ might be more suspicious, people voting for Abenson was prodominantly due to his being inactive and useless, weras OpZ actuallly contributed. If he is innocent the first place to look for mafia might be people jumping on the vote OpZ bandwagon (which I started).

I'm kinda typing as I think which is never that successful, I'll try to think through this more clearly but it seems like a good place to potentially start looking for mafia.

All this is dependant on OpZ and Abenson being the roles they//OpZ have claimed but that seems likely to me.
Adonai bless
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
March 24 2010 21:58 GMT
#405
I don't think that they're lovers, we haven't had a night phase yet.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
March 24 2010 21:58 GMT
#406
On March 25 2010 06:54 Elemenope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 06:53 Nikon wrote:
Assuming, they're masons, can we be sure that they're only 2? There probably is a third person in the circle. Just saying...



Would you like to roleclaim too so we can have this discussion about you the next day?


Roleclaim what?
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 24 2010 22:01 GMT
#407
On March 25 2010 06:51 Elemenope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 06:48 Zona wrote:
I didn't assume that his role was entirely just a Mason. I clarified with my subsequent post that his claim involved a role with mason abilities.

Of course anyone can lie. But I'm willing to put of lynching those who role claim right away as:
- the claims can be tested easily later
- there's still a fuckton of other inactive players that are as much deadweight as Abenson was.

I do agree Abenson needs to confirm that the spoke with each other. But it would be pretty silly for OpZ to throw himself out there for Abenson if they weren't on the same team.

I totally agree how his earlier post to use nukes if he was lynched was an anti-town declaration. Still, I think the claim, once confirmed by Abenson, is enough to put me off voting for them day 1. Of course we should keep a very close eye on them for the coming days.



And the way we resolve this is generally, we lynch one. First day roleclaims are the shittiest thing ever as they detract discussion.

If Abenson and OpZ are on the same side as you imply, why not lynch one and we get the validity of the other? The claims can be tested later yeah, but what if we simply don't have time later due to future complications? It'd be better to get rid of one now and then now where the other stands.


even if they are masons, it does not guarantee that they are both either town or mafia.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 24 2010 22:01 GMT
#408
On March 25 2010 06:53 Nikon wrote:
Assuming, they're masons, can we be sure that they're only 2? There probably is a third person in the circle. Just saying...


why?
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 24 2010 22:03 GMT
#409
What in the world just happened? O.O

I think OpZ is being honest in his statement because his quoted post definitely prove there were private correspondence between him and Abenson. This means they are either Mafia or one or two of them has a role that can PM, but honestly it would be dumb move for Mafia to claim blue role just to save single Mafia (unless Abenson has Mafia special role).

This is bad because besides L, Abenson is currently the only one the town will seemingly be able to attain majority vote for. And I am emphasizing that voting out L without any in-game evidence is stupid move. I am going to skip day 1 lynch unless new suspect comes up, and I hope everyone else does the same rather than voting out L simply because he is the only notable candidate for lynch (we gain no information either way).

Either way, I am not impressed with how Abenson is playing, although it could be that he was instructed to lurk while OpZ went to the front-lines.

He vote for L out of nowhere during the lurking, and does not expect the Town to suspect him? Also I am wondering the reasoning behind his suspect list. I mean, I understand I could be seen as suspicious for initiating a bandwagon, but why Xelin? What distinguishes him from the rest of the players that chose to vote for him?

##Vote: Abstain
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
March 24 2010 22:03 GMT
#410
Three masons seem like a good number to have out of twenty-two players. I guess my guess may be unfounded, and who knows what Ace did, but well... seems logical to me.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 24 2010 22:06 GMT
#411
On March 25 2010 06:58 Nikon wrote:
I don't think that they're lovers, we haven't had a night phase yet.


it's another name for the sibling role......
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 24 2010 22:06 GMT
#412
On March 25 2010 06:26 Zona wrote:
Alright, here's the deal. I'm not close to being impressed by what Abenson is contributing. But if he and you, OpZ, are claiming masons, I'm willing to try to lynch someone else for now.

As of last post:
Zona: 32
~OpZ~: 19
XeliN: 16
Versatile: 16
Amber[LighT]: 14
haster27: 14
Elemenope: 13
JeeJee: 12
Fishball: 9
iNfuNdiBuLuM: 9
meeple: 9
Caller: 9
johnnyspazz: 7
Iaaan: 7
d3_crescentia: 7
nemY: 6
Nikon: 4
Abenson: 4
tree.hugger: 4
RebirthOfLeGenD: 3
Phrujbaz: 2
L: 2


As of now, Rebirth of Legend has the lowest amount of posts (ignoring L), and not one of his three posts is useful. Even L's 2 posts has contributed to the shaping of the town's no-nuke-initiation plan. The other end is the odd argument that he was an extra player added, that probably is town or third party, but that was shot down as we shouldn't make any assumptions on how Ace is laying things out. So I will switch my vote to him.

##Vote: RebirthOfLegend


Yes. Me and Abenson are masons. I know his role/country, he knows mine. It's the same role, just different country. Masonic order. I can talk privately with him.

Of course I wouldn't state this publically if he wouldn't die. If I was mafia I wouldn't of breadcrumbed his name. This was for later, because I feared my own death, and wanted to protect the only other person I knew was pro town.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 24 2010 22:09 GMT
#413
On March 25 2010 06:49 XeliN wrote:
I don't really know what to say right now other than wtf are you guys thinking? If both of you do have roles that confirm townies and enable you to talk outside of the game you think rolecalling them on the first day is beneficial to the town in any way? You have some of the most powerful roles in the game, Abenson, all you would need to do is actually post something vaguely useful to have people not vote for you, it was the only reason I changed as someone highlighted you had made one post and that included a Lynch vote.

##Remove Vote (Abstain) for now.

He was going to be lynched. He was confirmed to me when I got my role. I had no choice. It was too close to allow it chance, because I have to go to class. I actually left class for a sec to the comp lab to post this and read.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 24 2010 22:10 GMT
#414
If a town member was about to be lynched but thought that a role claim might get him or her a chance at life - then role claiming is the right thing to do, even day 1.

The name of the game is to lynch mafia, not people who behave poorly. However, if we have no idea who is mafia, THEN we lynch people who behave poorly because they might be mafia, and we also remove them from the game, so the next day's discussion may be better.

In any case, I think the core disagreement between you (Elemenope) and me is that you don't think the claim is worth considering (it might be a lie/it's a bad move), while I think it is (there's no good reason for Opz to do this if he's mafia/these two players haven't shown this kind of sophistication in the past). We probably won't be able to convince each other in this respect with further words.

We've laid out our reasons, it's up to the rest of the town to consider what we've posted, and hopefully ADD SOME THOUGHTS OF THEIR OWN, but if a large number of the town decides Abenson or Opz is to die tonight, I will of course move my vote to ensure that we can reach majority to get a successful lynch.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 24 2010 22:10 GMT
#415
On March 25 2010 06:51 Elemenope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 06:48 Zona wrote:
I didn't assume that his role was entirely just a Mason. I clarified with my subsequent post that his claim involved a role with mason abilities.

Of course anyone can lie. But I'm willing to put of lynching those who role claim right away as:
- the claims can be tested easily later
- there's still a fuckton of other inactive players that are as much deadweight as Abenson was.

I do agree Abenson needs to confirm that the spoke with each other. But it would be pretty silly for OpZ to throw himself out there for Abenson if they weren't on the same team.

I totally agree how his earlier post to use nukes if he was lynched was an anti-town declaration. Still, I think the claim, once confirmed by Abenson, is enough to put me off voting for them day 1. Of course we should keep a very close eye on them for the coming days.



And the way we resolve this is generally, we lynch one. First day roleclaims are the shittiest thing ever as they detract discussion.

If Abenson and OpZ are on the same side as you imply, why not lynch one and we get the validity of the other? The claims can be tested later yeah, but what if we simply don't have time later due to future complications? It'd be better to get rid of one now and then now where the other stands.


Because the mafia will just kill the other confirmed townie at night time? It really doesn't matter, I suppose. But you are highly suspect to me right now.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 24 2010 22:11 GMT
#416
On March 25 2010 07:06 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Yes. Me and Abenson are masons. I know his role/country, he knows mine. It's the same role, just different country. Masonic order. I can talk privately with him.

Please somehow get Abenson to confirm this in the thread. You might want to figure out how to breadcrumb his country as well (and vice versa) but it might be tough now that we're looking for it.

If Abenson can't even return to confirm Opz's claim...pathetic.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 24 2010 22:12 GMT
#417
On March 25 2010 06:57 XeliN wrote:
I don't think there is any need to lynch one, It is extremely unlikely that mafia would pretend to have these roles as the roles themselves are not even disclosed, seems fair to assume they are telling the truth. If mafia were going to fake something as elaborate as this then OpZ and Abenson would not be people I would consider capable of doing so.

On this hypothesis I think people who voted for OpZ might be more suspicious, people voting for Abenson was prodominantly due to his being inactive and useless, weras OpZ actuallly contributed. If he is innocent the first place to look for mafia might be people jumping on the vote OpZ bandwagon (which I started).

I'm kinda typing as I think which is never that successful, I'll try to think through this more clearly but it seems like a good place to potentially start looking for mafia.

All this is dependant on OpZ and Abenson being the roles they//OpZ have claimed but that seems likely to me.

People voting for L are more suspicious. Let me emphasize...I BREADCRUMBED HIS NAME.

What good would that do if I was mafia?!

And stop considering yourself so superior? Jesus...
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 24 2010 22:13 GMT
#418
i agree with zona.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 24 2010 22:14 GMT
#419
i think the people abstaining are really dumb, you're preventing the town from getting information and we need all the information we can get since there are no clues. if it's true that opz and abenson both know each other's roles and shit, then abenson needs to confirm that in the thread so the suspicion is no longer on them.
we can have them both RC each other in the thread so that if one of them dies, atleast we know that the other one is also telling the truth since the majority of the votes are on them.
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
March 24 2010 22:15 GMT
#420
On March 25 2010 07:10 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 06:51 Elemenope wrote:
On March 25 2010 06:48 Zona wrote:
I didn't assume that his role was entirely just a Mason. I clarified with my subsequent post that his claim involved a role with mason abilities.

Of course anyone can lie. But I'm willing to put of lynching those who role claim right away as:
- the claims can be tested easily later
- there's still a fuckton of other inactive players that are as much deadweight as Abenson was.

I do agree Abenson needs to confirm that the spoke with each other. But it would be pretty silly for OpZ to throw himself out there for Abenson if they weren't on the same team.

I totally agree how his earlier post to use nukes if he was lynched was an anti-town declaration. Still, I think the claim, once confirmed by Abenson, is enough to put me off voting for them day 1. Of course we should keep a very close eye on them for the coming days.



And the way we resolve this is generally, we lynch one. First day roleclaims are the shittiest thing ever as they detract discussion.

If Abenson and OpZ are on the same side as you imply, why not lynch one and we get the validity of the other? The claims can be tested later yeah, but what if we simply don't have time later due to future complications? It'd be better to get rid of one now and then now where the other stands.


Because the mafia will just kill the other confirmed townie at night time? It really doesn't matter, I suppose. But you are highly suspect to me right now.


With their super pro KP of 1 when we most likely have medics?
In DotA you could
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason173
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15596
Artosis 727
Mini 245
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 75
ZZZero.O 70
Hyun 39
NaDa 24
Bale 23
Dota 2
qojqva2720
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1491
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6422
Khaldor1281
Liquid`Hasu1022
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g5979
FrodaN2404
B2W.Neo811
byalli689
ToD190
Railgan45
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1237
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• StrangeGG 33
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie942
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 15m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.