• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8223 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 54

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 180 Next
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 09 2011 21:47 GMT
#1061
Here is my two cents. Not trying to spark an argument or anything, just giving my opinion ^_^

In regards to spamming, I think there is a difference between "spamming" and "posting a lot". I would consider spamming to be content-less posts or posts that were not game relevant. I'm not sure that was necessarily the case this game, at least in my opinion. While BM certainly did have his fair share of one liners, I felt that the majority of his posts were game related and served a purpose. I would much rather try to analyze a player who has provided tons of content, than a lurker who has hardly committed to a single viewpoint. As for the problem with consecutive posting, I'm not sure there is a huge difference between that and making one big post. I don't think someone should be discouraged from posting a lot, just because its more than the average person posts. People expect to have to do a lot of reading when they sign up and its not like a 150 page thread would be unreasonably more than the average game. Was the game worse off because of his high post count? I don't think so. Compare it to a game like XXV where the game was plagued with inactivity. I think not caring at all is a far worse offense than caring too much.

When it comes to personal conduct, I doubt anyone would disagree that BM is one of the more aggressive players. He is very good at getting an emotional response out of people with his unorthodox play. I question if he ever crossed the line to getting personal, however. The worst I saw was him calling people bad or an idiot, which is pretty common for a game of mafia. I understand wanting to keep him on a tighter leash because of past misconduct though.

The reaction to the modkill was completely unreasonable. Providing constructive criticism post game is fine, but the attack on RoL's hosting came off as mean spirited. Posting in the thread after death was probably his worst offense, especially because its the exact same thing that happened in Haunted. As the hosts have stated, the modkill was a result of a bunch of little things rather than a single outburst. I understand why many people think this should be his last chance and he blew it. One thing to consider is that his actions didn't necessarily ruin the game. While he played, he was probably one of the better town, but his actions certainly deserve punishment. Do you give a life sentence in prison to someone who is on probation and lights a trashcan on fire? Maybe not, but of course the decision is up to Qatol and the hosts.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 09 2011 22:12 GMT
#1062
Kitaman, if you read what I actually wrote to bill and my initial reply in this thread. I acknowledge it was a bunch of minor shit and even though he was on probation I was not going to seek a perm ban. When I told that to him he responded "I will definitely be attacking your credibility, good day sir." which was completely uncalled for. His proceeding behavior just compounds that.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 09 2011 22:16 GMT
#1063
RoL said that many people through the game sent him a PM complaining about gryffindor. If you ask me, that in itself is enough to warrant the ban. Even if the fight with jackal never happened, the game still showed that people don't like his attitude and don't want to play with him.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
March 09 2011 23:29 GMT
#1064
Please talk for yourself Foolishness i think the way he played was fine and i enjoyed playing with him because he put a lot of effort into playing.
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 09 2011 23:36 GMT
#1065
On March 10 2011 08:29 kevconsim wrote:
Please talk for yourself Foolishness i think the way he played was fine and i enjoyed playing with him because he put a lot of effort into playing.


He wasn't talking for anyone....he said that many people complained about him. Just cause you weren't one of them doesn't mean foolishness' statement isn't true. lets keep a civil tone please -_-
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 23:57:57
March 09 2011 23:48 GMT
#1066
RoL said that many people through the game sent him a PM complaining about gryffindor. If you ask me, that in itself is enough to warrant the ban. Even if the fight with jackal never happened, the game still showed that people don't like his attitude and don't want to play with him.


I feel like you didnt understand what he was saying chaoser.

If this is true then if i get 4 people to message the host saying i dont like the way you say stuff.
an example+ Show Spoiler +
lets keep a civil tone please -_-

then you should be modkilled
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 10 2011 00:00 GMT
#1067
Except I don't have a history of constantly pissing people off and so there's no weight behind people saying I'm being annoying/disruptive/abrasive. BM has a long history of it and his recent actions of

1) bad mouthing the host
2) posting about the game AFTER he is dead and modkilled

show that he hasn't changed one bit (he did similar things which led to his last ban)

Here's an example. Let's say there's a party and some guy comes in and acts an ass. But people kept letting him into the parties. But one day it got too much so they finally kicked him out. After a while he asked to come back again and they let him but told him he had to be on his best behavior. Some people at the new party still didn't like him and he acts in weird ways so they goad him to start some trouble. At this point two things could have happened. One, he gets goaded and gets into a fight. Two, he shows some restraint and doesn't fight back, reports it to the mods/powers that be that people were griefing him and they sort it out.

He decides to choose the first one and continues even though he is warned multiple times (2 I think?). Then when they take him outside of the house he makes a big scene and continues to yell and scream. I thought the modkill-->perm ban was a little over the top when it happened but seeing his response to the whole situation makes me reconsider that it's the best decision after all. Up to the hosts of the games I guess though.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 10 2011 00:05 GMT
#1068
[image loading]
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 10 2011 00:59 GMT
#1069
gryffindor was just banned by IntoTheWow.

That account was created on 2009-11-05 12:41:46 and had 524 posts.

Reason: Your account has a bad history of behaviour in the Mafia Forums. You were warned multiple times and you didn't listen.


Well I guess that's that then.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 10 2011 01:12 GMT
#1070
On March 10 2011 09:59 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
gryffindor was just banned by IntoTheWow.

That account was created on 2009-11-05 12:41:46 and had 524 posts.

Reason: Your account has a bad history of behaviour in the Mafia Forums. You were warned multiple times and you didn't listen.


Well I guess that's that then.


The mods come to this forum? *Runs and hides*.

Not being entirely familiar with him, like others, I don't think BM's in-game actions we really perm worthy, but his actions after being mod killed were deplorable. I guess that's the end we'll see of gryff?
you gotta dance
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 10 2011 01:18 GMT
#1071
Sigh, one more time for the record. I agree his in game actions weren't worthy of a perm, which is why that is what probably wasn't going to happen. But even when he was TOLD that he acted completely out of line which led to it becoming a perm.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 10 2011 01:22 GMT
#1072
On March 10 2011 10:18 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Sigh, one more time for the record. I agree his in game actions weren't worthy of a perm, which is why that is what probably wasn't going to happen. But even when he was TOLD that he acted completely out of line which led to it becoming a perm.

I really do wish I had known his history. I would not have engaged him if I had.
I feel responsible for his ban.
Life can only kill you once.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
March 10 2011 01:37 GMT
#1073
Nah, if he'd been contrite/apologetic after the modkill, none of this shit would have happened. He's got nobody to blame but himself.
SUNSFANNED
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 10 2011 01:49 GMT
#1074
On March 10 2011 10:22 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 10:18 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Sigh, one more time for the record. I agree his in game actions weren't worthy of a perm, which is why that is what probably wasn't going to happen. But even when he was TOLD that he acted completely out of line which led to it becoming a perm.

I really do wish I had known his history. I would not have engaged him if I had.
I feel responsible for his ban.

The whole point was supposed to be that nobody knew his history so nobody would treat him differently than anyone else. And if he misbehaved under those circumstances, then it's on his head.
Anyways, if anyone suspects an account of being Bill Murray in the future, please let me know so I can talk about it with ITW.
Uff Da
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 10 2011 02:25 GMT
#1075
On March 10 2011 10:12 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 09:59 chaoser wrote:
gryffindor was just banned by IntoTheWow.

That account was created on 2009-11-05 12:41:46 and had 524 posts.

Reason: Your account has a bad history of behaviour in the Mafia Forums. You were warned multiple times and you didn't listen.


Well I guess that's that then.


The mods come to this forum? *Runs and hides*.

Not being entirely familiar with him, like others, I don't think BM's in-game actions we really perm worthy, but his actions after being mod killed were deplorable. I guess that's the end we'll see of gryff?

Mostly they visit now when there's heads to be chopped. Can't convince them to join games these days.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
March 10 2011 02:33 GMT
#1076
On March 10 2011 10:22 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 10:18 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Sigh, one more time for the record. I agree his in game actions weren't worthy of a perm, which is why that is what probably wasn't going to happen. But even when he was TOLD that he acted completely out of line which led to it becoming a perm.

I really do wish I had known his history. I would not have engaged him if I had.
I feel responsible for his ban.

Don't feel bad, his other account isn't banned.
It's just that ITW killed his smurf. And TL usually bans smurfs unless they are playing mafia, which clearly BM won't be doing here anymore.


Btw
On March 09 2011 13:48 Bill Murray wrote:
I would like permission to view the thread, as I am contesting a ban.
Thanks!

Accidentally posted in the wrong thread at first

I say no
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 10 2011 03:32 GMT
#1077
On March 10 2011 11:33 LSB wrote:
Btw
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 13:48 Bill Murray wrote:
I would like permission to view the thread, as I am contesting a ban.
Thanks!

Accidentally posted in the wrong thread at first

I say no

He posted that yesterday. He was referring to his mafia ban, not the ban of gryffindor.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 10 2011 03:46 GMT
#1078
So ends another saga in mafia history.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
March 10 2011 05:13 GMT
#1079
And it was about BM again.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 10 2011 05:18 GMT
#1080
On March 10 2011 08:29 kevconsim wrote:
Please talk for yourself Foolishness i think the way he played was fine and i enjoyed playing with him because he put a lot of effort into playing.

That's cool, I've always been a Bill Murray supporter as well, and I'll admit I never complained to RoL about his attitude. But lots of other people did, and this isn't the first game where multiple people have complained about his attitude. In my opinion that's enough to warrant a discussion and solution to the problem, because clearly a lot of people do not like his attitude.

If only you put this much effort into your mafia posts...how long have you been friends with Bill Murray by the way?
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
ProTech158
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16645
Calm 3365
Mini 419
Mind 85
910 65
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc5466
canceldota60
monkeys_forever0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4236
Other Games
FrodaN990
Beastyqt522
olofmeister339
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor258
Livibee188
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 131
ZombieGrub57
QueenE55
BRAT_OK 31
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• 80smullet 21
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV374
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra480
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.