• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:40
CEST 11:40
KST 18:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6538 users

[NA LCS] Spring Playoffs - Page 139

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 147 Next
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
April 29 2013 03:24 GMT
#2761
It's getting late early.
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
April 29 2013 03:24 GMT
#2762
That aoe combo lol
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
April 29 2013 03:24 GMT
#2763
You really can't let TSM get Sona MF they just wrecked them there 4v5 without any real fight.
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2764
I don't mind GGUs comp but they really need to be more decisive, pretty obvious there nintendude wanted to go in but the rest of them wanted to run.
Nitan
Profile Joined September 2008
United States3401 Posts
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2765
Wombo combo. Seeya Nocturne.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2766
GGU needs a momentum changing hook
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2767
On April 29 2013 12:23 Ziken wrote:
God Xspecial, that was so close ._.


This moment feels too big for him. He's been on tilt since they've been destroyed the last few early games.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 03:29:47
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2768
On April 29 2013 12:17 LaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 12:09 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 12:07 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 12:03 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:59 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:56 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:55 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:52 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:46 Takkara wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:44 Kuja900 wrote:
i really want ggu to take this just because of reginalds arrogant twitter post


Do you really think that was genuine arrogance? It's the playful showboating that TSM has ALWAYS done to ham it up a bit for the fans/viewers.


It really doesn;t matter I just think Reginald is an arrogant child who drags his team down and pitches blame. Having a one shot caller law methodology where whenever things start going bad the shotcaller (regi) goes basically mute is just hurting the team. For tsm to evolve and work around regi they need to have everybody talking and contributing (or at least most of them) like gambit. I really feel like wildturtle can contribute a lot in this regard, I love turtle he was a fantastic pickup for them that I think will pay huge long term dividends.


Every team does try and have everybody talk, but having one shot caller is almost always best. Multiple shot callers leads to misplays, there's no debating it. The best format is to have everybody feeding information to each other so that they can make the best individual decisions and their shot caller can make the best calls possible. Anything other than that and people are either under informed or being told to do conflicting things.

Also, prolly is annoying as fuck. Everything you say doesn't need to be accompanied by a weird face and attempted hilarious joke to show le peoples how cool you are.


Theres a subtitlted gambit game on youtube and if you watch it you can tell there is no shotcaller on that team, they are all coming up with ideas as a unit.


I'm not sure why that should be important to me at all. Even if you are correctly diagnosing how Gambit communicates off one subtitled game, that just makes them different from almost every other high level team in every region. Having multiple shot-callers is bad, having everybody communicating is good. At the end of the day though, you need a voice that everybody will listen to saying whether to go in, back off, rush baron, etc, etc...


I'm just stating my opinion your trying to pitch yours as fact and I find that rude. That is just the easy way to do things. With practice and sufficient game knowledge in your squad it is not the only possibility.


I guess. You were insulting players and pro teams and trying to back it up off one subtitled Gambit game from months ago. Meanwhile, pro teams speak over and over again about the importance of having a shot caller that people listen to, and the best way to facilitate that being a constant stream of information from his team mates in order for the right calls to be made by that caller. I'm not sure how me having a substantiated, well-backed opinion is rude unless you simply don't want to make the same commitment to the discussion as I have.


I edited my post and please read the rest of it. I've heard plenty of north american teams talk about 1 shot caller being important but the key word being north american aka the weakest region in the world.


I did read the rest of it. I'm not sure what it adds to the discussion, I'm already aware that you think Gambit doesn't have a shot caller and makes calls together, and I'm aware they are a good team.

There's nothing unique about North America having singular shot callers. In fact, it's something they largely adapted more recently than, specifically, Korea. Examples of teams based around shot callers include Maknoon on NJ Sword and Reapered on SK Telecom T1, in these cases the whole team was built specifically around that player and their calls. In China, Misaya is and has been the designated caller for what many feel to be the world's most consistently strong team, WE. Much of TPA's success during their big run at Worlds was attributed to their dedication to the calls of Mistake.

I'm really not sure what you are trying to base your argument off of. Apparently you dislike Regi and like Gambit, and are therefore attempting to paint individual shot callers as a low-level, North American theme. Unfortunately, that's completely incorrect.


Its not secret a good number of teams have shotcallers. That doesn't prove anything except that both methods can work, as I tried to establish in my bringing up of gambit. I never said the shotcaller ideology was useless, I just think in my opinion at the highest level the alternatives may be superior. Just because teams use one shot caller doesn't mean they are attesting to its superiority its just what they've made work for them. I did however say that the shotcaller method was bad specifically for tsm. This is because reginald has been well documented in interviews with tsm members that reginald shuts down when things stop going his way. And also by the fruit of some of his calls that we ourselves has seen such as the game 2 baron call. For tsm to have a chance of getting competitive globally I think they need to change in this regard.

The superiority of either method is honestly very difficult if not impossible to prove either way, it is just my belief that the imperfect second to second information the individual has makes the alternatives better.
OMG you nasty gurl
TheSinisterRed
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1546 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 03:30:20
April 29 2013 03:25 GMT
#2769
Xpecial walking up casual as hell to land that Sona ult. GGU really out of position right there.

Edit: I know Regi likes to make plays but damn, he is seriously fearless going in. Gate and flashing into 5 over and over.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
April 29 2013 03:26 GMT
#2770
On April 29 2013 12:22 flexgd wrote:
dont understand why everyone thinks tsm will lose cuz regi picked tf. tf is all about making plays...regi makes plays

He's had a lot of shaky TF games, pulling Red cards when he needs Gold cards, bad use of his Destiny. It's either hit or miss it seems.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
April 29 2013 03:27 GMT
#2771
WildTurtle doing his best Genja impression I think.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 29 2013 03:27 GMT
#2772
I don't see TSM losing this
Ziken
Profile Joined August 2010
Ghana1743 Posts
April 29 2013 03:28 GMT
#2773
I feel like the nocturne pick has done nothing for GGU this game
Every misfortune is a blessing in disguise.
LaM
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1321 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2774
On April 29 2013 12:25 Kuja900 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 12:17 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 12:09 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 12:07 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 12:03 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:59 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:56 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:55 LaM wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:52 Kuja900 wrote:
On April 29 2013 11:46 Takkara wrote:
[quote]

Do you really think that was genuine arrogance? It's the playful showboating that TSM has ALWAYS done to ham it up a bit for the fans/viewers.


It really doesn;t matter I just think Reginald is an arrogant child who drags his team down and pitches blame. Having a one shot caller law methodology where whenever things start going bad the shotcaller (regi) goes basically mute is just hurting the team. For tsm to evolve and work around regi they need to have everybody talking and contributing (or at least most of them) like gambit. I really feel like wildturtle can contribute a lot in this regard, I love turtle he was a fantastic pickup for them that I think will pay huge long term dividends.


Every team does try and have everybody talk, but having one shot caller is almost always best. Multiple shot callers leads to misplays, there's no debating it. The best format is to have everybody feeding information to each other so that they can make the best individual decisions and their shot caller can make the best calls possible. Anything other than that and people are either under informed or being told to do conflicting things.

Also, prolly is annoying as fuck. Everything you say doesn't need to be accompanied by a weird face and attempted hilarious joke to show le peoples how cool you are.


Theres a subtitlted gambit game on youtube and if you watch it you can tell there is no shotcaller on that team, they are all coming up with ideas as a unit.


I'm not sure why that should be important to me at all. Even if you are correctly diagnosing how Gambit communicates off one subtitled game, that just makes them different from almost every other high level team in every region. Having multiple shot-callers is bad, having everybody communicating is good. At the end of the day though, you need a voice that everybody will listen to saying whether to go in, back off, rush baron, etc, etc...


I'm just stating my opinion your trying to pitch yours as fact and I find that rude. That is just the easy way to do things. With practice and sufficient game knowledge in your squad it is not the only possibility.


I guess. You were insulting players and pro teams and trying to back it up off one subtitled Gambit game from months ago. Meanwhile, pro teams speak over and over again about the importance of having a shot caller that people listen to, and the best way to facilitate that being a constant stream of information from his team mates in order for the right calls to be made by that caller. I'm not sure how me having a substantiated, well-backed opinion is rude unless you simply don't want to make the same commitment to the discussion as I have.


I edited my post and please read the rest of it. I've heard plenty of north american teams talk about 1 shot caller being important but the key word being north american aka the weakest region in the world.


I did read the rest of it. I'm not sure what it adds to the discussion, I'm already aware that you think Gambit doesn't have a shot caller and makes calls together, and I'm aware they are a good team.

There's nothing unique about North America having singular shot callers. In fact, it's something they largely adapted more recently than, specifically, Korea. Examples of teams based around shot callers include Maknoon on NJ Sword and Reapered on SK Telecom T1, in these cases the whole team was built specifically around that player and their calls. In China, Misaya is and has been the designated caller for what many feel to be the world's most consistently strong team, WE. Much of TPA's success during their big run at Worlds was attributed to their dedication to the calls of Mistake.

I'm really not sure what you are trying to base your argument off of. Apparently you dislike Regi and like Gambit, and are therefore attempting to paint individual shot callers as a low-level, North American theme. Unfortunately, that's completely incorrect.


Its not secret a good number of teams have shotcallers. That doesn't prove anything except that both methods can work. I never said the shotcaller ideology was useless, I just think in my opinion at the highest level the alternatives may be superior. Just because teams use one shot caller doesn't mean they are attesting to its superiority its just what works best for them. I did however say that the shotcaller method was bad specifically for tsm. This is because reginald has been well documented in interviews with tsm members that reginald shuts down when things stop going his way. And also by the fruit of some of his calls that we ourselves has seen such as the game 2 baron call. For tsm to have a chance of getting competitive globally I think they need to change in this regard.

The superiority of either method is honestly very difficult if not impossible to prove either way, it is just my belief that the imperfect second to second information the individual has make the alternatives better.


Sounds good to me.

I would say that the sheer popularity of having a singular shot caller amongst the best from every region might show its greater worth, but you are right that it's not certain. Also, I'm not sure what higher levels you are referring to than WE/Sword/SKT, etc... there simply isn't a higher tier of teams.

While I believe Regi is one of the strongest callers in the game, I see your point that he can shut down at times/get desperate.
Anything is Possible
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2775
GGU
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2776
And TSM wins if they don't choke
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2777
OK, be honest, how many people held their breath with Regi chasing Nocturne to see which card he locked?
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2778
It's as if GGU is doing absolutely nothing in teamfights wth
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2779
This game is over, congrats TSM
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
April 29 2013 03:30 GMT
#2780
Deep deep trouble!
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1400
Bisu 1040
Soma 503
hero 184
EffOrt 173
Pusan 114
HiyA 81
ZerO 59
soO 52
sorry 42
[ Show more ]
Killer 37
Shinee 33
Rush 30
Sharp 28
Mong 27
Bale 25
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 7
Stork 0
Dota 2
Gorgc297
Counter-Strike
edward87
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft772
crisheroes734
Other Games
gofns45696
olofmeister1183
singsing1173
ceh9539
Livibee209
Pyrionflax146
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• StrangeGG 31
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Jankos1594
• Rush1383
• Stunt451
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20m
Afreeca Starleague
20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.