• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8908 users

[NA LCS] Spring Playoffs - Page 147

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 145 146 147
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
April 30 2013 09:05 GMT
#2921
I agree in that it will be incredibly hard for Dig/CLG to lose a Bo5 against amateur teams.
-
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
April 30 2013 11:00 GMT
#2922
On April 30 2013 09:53 NeoIllusions wrote:
3. CLG brand wouldn't disappear but it would still take a huge hit if they didn't qualify for LCS on their own. People talk about picking up one of the LCS teams? Again, that would tarnish the brand incredibly.


If I was the representative of CLG - or any given brand - I would totally prefer to have a "tarnished" reputation than no representation at all in the scene. Anyway, I don't see CLG losing its spots for the Summer split.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
April 30 2013 11:13 GMT
#2923
Dig will be fine, but I am betting on CLG losing. Amateur team or not, I don't think CLG is a top tier team anymore and I expect Azure Cats and jiji to upset them. Probably 3-2.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
April 30 2013 12:52 GMT
#2924
On April 30 2013 20:13 JonGalt wrote:
Dig will be fine, but I am betting on CLG losing. Amateur team or not, I don't think CLG is a top tier team anymore and I expect Azure Cats and jiji to upset them. Probably 3-2.


That would be very funny, kick your mid player and he comes back with a new team and kicks you out of lcs l0l
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
April 30 2013 14:26 GMT
#2925
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
April 30 2013 14:45 GMT
#2926
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.


As a CLG fan, no.

They'd all be split up and playing on different teams. Double + aphro might stay together but yeah. My team that I've followed since competitive LoL started would be gone. I could take solace in the fact that my favorite player, jiji, was back in the pro scene but that's about it.

I doubt CLG will lose but it kind of sucks that Doublelift is gonna be busy with all-stars instead of training with CLG.
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
April 30 2013 22:19 GMT
#2927
Just catching up here. Prolly is hilarious. "We're not talking about good, we're talking about locking good cards." Dude speaks really well. Genuine lol moment.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
May 01 2013 01:23 GMT
#2928
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22619 Posts
May 01 2013 01:51 GMT
#2929
On May 01 2013 10:23 Zato-1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.

Really?

You like the guy who is the worst playing on this team yet benches and kicks everyone else?
The guy who kicked saint so he could jungle because his top was to bad,
The guy who moved Chauster from support to jungle because it turned out his jungle was even worse and they kicked there good one?

Yeah.. Wonderful guy
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
May 01 2013 02:05 GMT
#2930
I just want jiji back on the scene.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-01 02:57:02
May 01 2013 02:56 GMT
#2931
On May 01 2013 10:51 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 10:23 Zato-1 wrote:
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.

Really?

You like the guy who is the worst playing on this team yet benches and kicks everyone else?
The guy who kicked saint so he could jungle because his top was to bad,
The guy who moved Chauster from support to jungle because it turned out his jungle was even worse and they kicked there good one?

Yeah.. Wonderful guy

SV got booted because he didn't fit with CLG's playstyle, stealing lane farm and trying to call the shots and that was a train wreck. I agree with some of the decisions Hotshot's made- including booting SV, Voyboy and bigfat. My biggest disagreement is with getting a new support and moving Chauster to the jungle, because he sucks in the jungle... the best performing jungler CLG has had was Kobe24.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
May 01 2013 09:06 GMT
#2932
If CLG lose I'll be sad (I like to think I'm one of the more pronounced CLG fanboys on here), but to be completely honest it might be the best thing for the team.

Chauster is not a good jungler. He has had over 6 months in the role now and really hasn't improved one bit since IPL5 (Ironically that was probably his best tournament to date gameplay wise).

Hotshot I'm unsure about. I honestly think he is slowly expanding his pool, but until he at least tries to play threats like rumble/khazix/zed etc he honestly is far from a top tier laner, even in NA.

Double and aphro didn't do anywhere near as well as some people thought, especially double who I thought had a very underwhelming LCS and I would have 100% voted turtle into the all star team if he had started playing a little sooner.

I think Link has done fairly well, I don't think jiji would have done any better and I think there is a lot more potential in links play than jijis.
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
May 01 2013 09:12 GMT
#2933
was Jiji actually benched? I can't understand why they'd bench him for Link.

In game, Hotshot does what he does and is pretty good at it. I think their problem is Chauster is the jungle and their overall protect the Doublelift. They need to remember that whilst they are trying to protect him, the other team is gunning for them and there's a good chance they're going to get him.
I think the only reason this playstyle has worked is because Double has the mechanics to get out of tight spots in fights. But as soon as he can't, CLG got nothing.
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
May 01 2013 09:32 GMT
#2934
I also find the 'protect the doublelift' strat a little bizarre because double has amazing mechanics so why not play more threats because he can fend for himself a lot easier than someone like cop?
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
May 01 2013 11:55 GMT
#2935
On May 01 2013 10:51 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 10:23 Zato-1 wrote:
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.

Really?

You like the guy who is the worst playing on this team yet benches and kicks everyone else?
The guy who kicked saint so he could jungle because his top was to bad,
The guy who moved Chauster from support to jungle because it turned out his jungle was even worse and they kicked there good one?

Yeah.. Wonderful guy

I'm not much of a Hotshot fan. However I don't think its fair to toss the entire blame of the roster changes on him. I could easily understand them having issues with Saint. He has that alpha I'm going to call the shots attitude, if you can't tone that down with having a leader already, its going to cause ripples. There is no definitive proof that Hotshot acted alone, and the team didn't agree with the changes. He might be in the spotlight from it, but that's because he is the leader.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-02 10:48:34
May 02 2013 10:48 GMT
#2936
oops. wrong thread.
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
May 03 2013 19:54 GMT
#2937
On May 01 2013 20:55 Irave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 10:51 Gorsameth wrote:
On May 01 2013 10:23 Zato-1 wrote:
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.

Really?

You like the guy who is the worst playing on this team yet benches and kicks everyone else?
The guy who kicked saint so he could jungle because his top was to bad,
The guy who moved Chauster from support to jungle because it turned out his jungle was even worse and they kicked there good one?

Yeah.. Wonderful guy

I'm not much of a Hotshot fan. However I don't think its fair to toss the entire blame of the roster changes on him. I could easily understand them having issues with Saint. He has that alpha I'm going to call the shots attitude, if you can't tone that down with having a leader already, its going to cause ripples. There is no definitive proof that Hotshot acted alone, and the team didn't agree with the changes. He might be in the spotlight from it, but that's because he is the leader.

it was 100% hotshot. clg would be much better off if hotshot had benched himself any of those times but he never will "because he likes playing the game too much." my source is op.
GANDHISAUCE
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
May 03 2013 21:25 GMT
#2938
On May 04 2013 04:54 De4ngus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2013 20:55 Irave wrote:
On May 01 2013 10:51 Gorsameth wrote:
On May 01 2013 10:23 Zato-1 wrote:
On April 30 2013 23:26 Sufficiency wrote:
I donno. If I was a CLG fan - I might actually want CLG to lose this. If they lose, I think it'll force doublelift, link, and aphro to get better teams than playing with HSGG.

As a CLG fan, if CLG loses, competitive LoL is dead to me and I will stop watching it and following the scene. Contrary to what you may think, I like HotshotGG, as a person and as a player.

Really?

You like the guy who is the worst playing on this team yet benches and kicks everyone else?
The guy who kicked saint so he could jungle because his top was to bad,
The guy who moved Chauster from support to jungle because it turned out his jungle was even worse and they kicked there good one?

Yeah.. Wonderful guy

I'm not much of a Hotshot fan. However I don't think its fair to toss the entire blame of the roster changes on him. I could easily understand them having issues with Saint. He has that alpha I'm going to call the shots attitude, if you can't tone that down with having a leader already, its going to cause ripples. There is no definitive proof that Hotshot acted alone, and the team didn't agree with the changes. He might be in the spotlight from it, but that's because he is the leader.

it was 100% hotshot. clg would be much better off if hotshot had benched himself any of those times but he never will "because he likes playing the game too much." my source is op.

It sounds like your source is heavily based on speculation. There is no guarantee CLG would be better without Hotshot. The quotation you used from him as well, sounds like a rushed response of being tired of the community calling him bad and wanting him benched. Whenever a team performs poorly the community wants to rush into analyzing them. Chauster was once praised for being a great jungler, smart move CLG. Now he is bad. Link was going to be a good replacement for jiji but is now also bad.

It was the same thing with TSM when they were slumping briefly. It was bench Regi, that guy is holding them back 100%. Sweet he wants to retire, TSM going to shine so much without them. Then the community was given a luxury at seeing the true value of Regi by watching game cribs. They remove Chaox, get a new ADC and continue their NA dominance. All while keeping Regi as their leader.

Hotshot could use more slack from the community. Its just the position of being the poster boy for a big team. I imagine whenever they release their documentary, he will be back to receiving praise from the community.
Prev 1 145 146 147
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 80
SortOf 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shinee 70
NotJumperer 15
Noble 12
Icarus 5
sorry 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1416
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 689
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft568
Other Games
summit1g7183
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0321
PiGStarcraft260
ArmadaUGS36
RuFF_SC224
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick937
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota297
League of Legends
• Lourlo1249
• Rush1094
• Stunt278
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.