• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:12
CEST 01:12
KST 08:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9100 users

[NA LCS] Super Week 4 - Page 54

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 91 Next
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 28 2013 07:00 GMT
#1061
On February 28 2013 15:56 overt wrote:
I hope everyone who kept spamming reddit (and possibly TL but I didn't really see it here) demanding that Nien replace heartbeatt feels like an asshole.


lol. hear, hear.
If you're on TL and you were cheering for Nien to replace one of our own, you're a very bad person.

Good showing by Heartbeat last game. Definitely outplayed Chaox on all facets.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
CatharsisUT
Profile Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
February 28 2013 07:00 GMT
#1062
OK, you guys mostly much better than I am, so I had a question about a play from the middle of the TSM-MRN game.

This play

What was ClakeyD doing? If I were in his shoes I would be thinking either "yeah, we can fight this, I'm going in" to save Akali, or I would decide it wasn't a good idea and totally back off. Instead, walks in and W's. Obviously it didn't work out there, but what was he thinking? I feel like I must be missing something, because it was bizarre.

Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
February 28 2013 07:01 GMT
#1063
Oh sweet MRN doing some WORK! Good day overall, as Curse managed to do well enough and we got to see a "lower" tier team show some skillz. I think that Dig definitely has the most momentum right now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up! I think they can because they don't exactly have hard games their last 2 for this super week (Unless MRN keeps beasting). I wonder if Curse will falter a bit since they have games vs CLG and TSM coming up and Dig may be able to take over #1 spot.
Never Knows Best.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 28 2013 07:01 GMT
#1064
On February 28 2013 16:00 CatharsisUT wrote:
OK, you guys mostly much better than I am, so I had a question about a play from the middle of the TSM-MRN game.

This play

What was ClakeyD doing? If I were in his shoes I would be thinking either "yeah, we can fight this, I'm going in" to save Akali, or I would decide it wasn't a good idea and totally back off. Instead, walks in and W's. Obviously it didn't work out there, but what was he thinking? I feel like I must be missing something, because it was bizarre.



That's typical ClakeyD. :D
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
February 28 2013 07:02 GMT
#1065
Pretty smart for Heartbeat not to get greedy and throw the game possibly by not going for the penta kill
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 07:08:03
February 28 2013 07:02 GMT
#1066
On February 28 2013 16:00 CatharsisUT wrote:
OK, you guys mostly much better than I am, so I had a question about a play from the middle of the TSM-MRN game.

This play

What was ClakeyD doing? If I were in his shoes I would be thinking either "yeah, we can fight this, I'm going in" to save Akali, or I would decide it wasn't a good idea and totally back off. Instead, walks in and W's. Obviously it didn't work out there, but what was he thinking? I feel like I must be missing something, because it was bizarre.



If ClakeyD had used his EQ combo there he would have had no escape, and it probably wouldn't have been sufficient to save Megazero. Because he kept it he was able to escape through the dragon pit, and if it wasn't for Flash he wouldn't have died.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
February 28 2013 07:03 GMT
#1067
WHAT UP MRN?! DOIN' WRK.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
February 28 2013 07:05 GMT
#1068
MRN coming out of this week 3 or 4 of 5 would be huge for them considering their tough draw.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 28 2013 07:07 GMT
#1069
On February 28 2013 16:02 MooMooMugi wrote:
Pretty smart for Heartbeat not to get greedy and throw the game possibly by not going for the penta kill


Except he gets instagib by Regi 40 seconds later. np
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
CatharsisUT
Profile Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
February 28 2013 07:07 GMT
#1070
On February 28 2013 16:02 Seuss wrote:
If ClakeyD had used his EQ combo there he would have had no escape, and it probably wouldn't have been sufficient to save Megazero. Because he kept it he was able to escape through the dragon pit, and if it wasn't for Flash he wouldn't have died.


OK but if even that wouldn't save Mega, why go in at all? Just let him die and don't risk yourself. Right?
LeapofFaith
Profile Joined November 2011
United States446 Posts
February 28 2013 07:08 GMT
#1071
Phreak busting out the dance moves at the end not bad not bad
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
February 28 2013 07:08 GMT
#1072
Well, I just want to say that I watched ALL of the games.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
February 28 2013 07:11 GMT
#1073
On February 28 2013 16:07 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 16:02 MooMooMugi wrote:
Pretty smart for Heartbeat not to get greedy and throw the game possibly by not going for the penta kill


Except he gets instagib by Regi 40 seconds later. np


But if he got gibbed 40 seconds earlier Ecco and atomic might have had trouble with the two towers and inhib. I thought it was the correct (if less exciting) play as well.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
February 28 2013 07:12 GMT
#1074
On February 28 2013 16:07 CatharsisUT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 16:02 Seuss wrote:
If ClakeyD had used his EQ combo there he would have had no escape, and it probably wouldn't have been sufficient to save Megazero. Because he kept it he was able to escape through the dragon pit, and if it wasn't for Flash he wouldn't have died.


OK but if even that wouldn't save Mega, why go in at all? Just let him die and don't risk yourself. Right?


I think it was a matter of shifting game conditions. Up until about a second and a half before he arrived there was the potential to turn it around and ecco was right behind him. However, because of Dyrus' ult and TheOddOne's follow up Megazero lost essentially all of his remaining health, and Reginald was en route. Because of that ClakeyD was no longer in a safe position, and his best bet was to slow Dyrus/TOO and try to escape via the dragon pit.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
February 28 2013 07:12 GMT
#1075
NNOOOOO Just came back to find that Curse lost to DIG? NOOOOO
liftlift > tsm
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
February 28 2013 07:12 GMT
#1076
On February 28 2013 16:08 Sufficiency wrote:
Well, I just want to say that I watched ALL of the games.


Man mode engaged!
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Pinith
Profile Joined September 2010
651 Posts
February 28 2013 07:13 GMT
#1077
On February 28 2013 16:07 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 16:02 MooMooMugi wrote:
Pretty smart for Heartbeat not to get greedy and throw the game possibly by not going for the penta kill


Except he gets instagib by Regi 40 seconds later. np


I think his reasoning was that he at least 'closed out' the game by taking out the outer/inhib towers and inhib.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
February 28 2013 07:14 GMT
#1078
On February 28 2013 16:00 caelym wrote:
Here come the TSM haters. Sure they played bad that game but to assert that they are unskilled and don't practiced is pure hater-speak.

I like TSM, they're actually my 2nd favourite NA team after Dig (not sure exactly where I put Marn in here but I loved their picks andd aggressive style in qualifiers), so it's not really hating on them, I just think it's important to put down the fanboy glasses and try to gauge the team.
TSM's very vulnerable to mindset, it's really highly visible when they're feeling confident, and when they're on tilt, their play is like night and day from this aspect. And against Marn, they were shaky. They lacked an unified teamcomp, they failed to correctly read their opponents in champ select and their picks seemed stubborn: "let's pick what we like/is good for us, not a specific teamcomp". Then, during the game they weren't able to snowball, and it was obvious that Dyrus was wary of MegaZero's Akali (and with reason). So TSM was on the backfoot, and as is often said they aren't good at playing from behind.

The impression I have from TSM is that they're relying on autopilot pretty often, they're used to stomp/get a lead, know how to snowball it from there, and play by heart. But when behind their morale crumbles, they lose assertiveness, and unless their opponents make a mistake for them to exploit and get back into the driver's seat they won't try to make plays to come back, and they'll gradually slip up. I think it's a pretty important aspect of their play and mentality because with the LCS format teams willing to train seriously and to improve can catch up very quickly, so TSM's superiour experience won't be enough to ensure them a good lead/cushion in most of their games as time goes on. If they don't work on that they may find themselves with no idea about how to deal with their weekly opponents as their default mindset.

This is not to say that they can't overcome it. It's just how I feel, and my opinion about what is a big weakness for them, that only gets compounded by their inferior practice regimen (not dissing the intent, just talking about efficiency) compared to other teams. And I'm eager to see if they'll manage to adapt and regain their composure.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
February 28 2013 07:17 GMT
#1079
Listen to what Heartbeat said during the interview. Phreak asked him why he didn't go for the pentakill, which he replied (something along the lines of) "I didn't want to risk it and throw the game". I am extremely impressed.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
February 28 2013 07:22 GMT
#1080
I agree that TSM often "autopilots" but I don't believe it's because they don't practice as hard. TSM has never been a creative or innovative team which is why they have bland picks and bans. When they practice I feel like they practice more on teamwork and map control as opposed to specific lineups and strats. I could be wrong but I 100% believe they practice just as hard if not harder than the rest of LSC.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 91 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings10
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 155
ProTech142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14323
Artosis 619
PianO 21
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever567
NeuroSwarm143
canceldota133
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe57
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6806
FrodaN981
shahzam502
C9.Mang0337
Day[9].tv144
Maynarde33
Trikslyr6
fpsfer 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• RyuSc2 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie832
• Shiphtur560
• Day9tv144
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.