• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:03
CEST 04:03
KST 11:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6748 users

[Ultimate Guide] Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - Page 7

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
If you are having trouble reading the skills because it's too long for your resolution/monitor size, zoom out with your browser (e.g. Ctrl - for Chrome)
zodde
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1908 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-18 03:51:00
September 18 2013 03:47 GMT
#121
Nukeduck saw your sign :D

And Faker as well, it seems. This should be fun :O
AleKSei23
Profile Joined February 2007
Mexico75 Posts
September 26 2013 02:33 GMT
#122
What to do vs Talon, he is sometimes mid, any tips or pointers?

Thanks for both of your guides, both are awesome.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
September 30 2013 06:21 GMT
#123
I hate how Fizz ult can be cast at like 50% cast range. What the hell is that...

At what time would you ever want it to not go the full cast range>? It sticks to targets.

<_<
LazyFailKid
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada750 Posts
September 30 2013 06:30 GMT
#124
On September 30 2013 15:21 iCanada wrote:
I hate how Fizz ult can be cast at like 50% cast range. What the hell is that...

At what time would you ever want it to not go the full cast range>? It sticks to targets.

<_<

Maybe some next level strategies where you throw it at the feet of your team's blitz and he hooks people for 200% swag rating combo?
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
September 30 2013 06:59 GMT
#125
Talked to Locodoco at worlds, he said he knew me from this guide and he had shown it to his mid laner (Apple) who thought the double blue buff jump was amazing. I am now the world's biggest Quantic fan.
Writerman what
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
September 30 2013 07:02 GMT
#126
You need to talk to Whitiez from Royal about Fizz! Doesn't he speak a bit of English??
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-03 05:28:32
October 02 2013 21:13 GMT
#127
Fizz game vs Nientonsoh mid lane.

http://www.azubu.tv/channel/detail.do?cn_id=2411866584001

Hover over timeline, go to around ~2:27:00 for game start. I have trouble streaming/recording where I'm at so getting Nien's VOD is the closest thing to a Fizz video I can provide at this time.

Some of the important tricks worth noting:

vs. Twisted Fate, you do not follow my guide's skill order and get Q second. Level 1 is W, which you try to get at least 1 hit off on him with during level 1, Level 2 is now E instead - now he is in a very dangerous spot if he tries to use any gold/blue/red card on you because you are able to dodge it AND gap close (need to land on him for it to have kill potential).

This has been said in every game ever but when you are ahead, especially in a matchup like this, be patient and look for ways to get more ahead. Freeze your wave instead of shoving it, look for ways to deny him CS so he has to call for jungler attention that can NEVER work because you are not pushed too far up.

When the lane does start pushing, let it build up to at least 2x size of a normal wave and then shove it hard into the tower and roam - the enemy mid laner will HAVE to clear it, it will take time, and he will be in full vision of you for the duration. This combos super well with buying a pink ward and putting it near the enemy wraiths.

*edit* 10:28 PST FAKER PLAYING FIZZ ON NA SOLO QUEUE RIGHT NOW WATCH AND LEARN
Writerman what
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-12 01:21:08
October 12 2013 01:18 GMT
#128
Hey atrioc I was wondering if/when you're going to add any videos of you playing Fizz to the "videos" section?

edit: just read your post with the link to nientonsoh's VOD. pls disregard my question
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
Jettster
Profile Joined July 2009
United States73 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-21 02:53:02
October 21 2013 02:49 GMT
#129
This is an amazing guide, thank you. I just started playing LoL after watching World's. I usually jungle or adc, but I'm looking to try mid more before I hit level 30. Would you say Fizz is a good starting champion for people relatively new to the game?

Edit: for the next guide, I think a popular champion in the current meta would be good. Maybe gragas, orianna, or ahri? They seem to be played the most at the highest level.
It's not who you play, it's how you play.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
October 21 2013 03:17 GMT
#130
On October 21 2013 11:49 Jettster wrote:
This is an amazing guide, thank you. I just started playing LoL after watching World's. I usually jungle or adc, but I'm looking to try mid more before I hit level 30. Would you say Fizz is a good starting champion for people relatively new to the game?

Edit: for the next guide, I think a popular champion in the current meta would be good. Maybe gragas, orianna, or ahri? They seem to be played the most at the highest level.


I personally think Fizz pretty hard for newer players. I mean, I not a new player, so I have no idea, but playing well requires a ton of general knowledge.

You need a good understandind of powercurves, you need to have solid map awareness and a read on their jungler in order to have a strong controlled aggression to you game, and you need to have a good ability to roam otherwise you just kind of fall far far behind.

That being said, if you come from like a broodwar background, you could probably pick those things up fairly easily.

/shrug
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
October 21 2013 22:32 GMT
#131
fakers plays on NA? what is his stream?
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
October 21 2013 23:03 GMT
#132
He doesnt stream, his ign is BarcodeKiller on there
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
uNbusted
Profile Joined November 2013
Poland2 Posts
November 21 2013 18:01 GMT
#133
Well, I can that this is one of the best, or the best guide I ever seen

I have 1 question, could u do new guide, for season 4 to fizz ? this would be amazing think
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
November 21 2013 22:04 GMT
#134
Fuck I had never watched the jump videos but some of them are BATSHIT OP AWESOME. Atrioc Numbah Wan
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
December 10 2013 03:12 GMT
#135
What masteries are people going in S4? I find myself liking 30/0/0 but I've played 21/9/0 before. Not sure if the 9 points in defense are very worth it or if I'm just used to going 21/9 like last season. 30 points in offense is really nice though especially since I like running Ignite/Barrier Fizz.
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
December 10 2013 06:50 GMT
#136
I tried 21/9/0 and 21/0/9, and I ended up liking the 21/0/9 version better with flask+3 biscuits. With 9 defense you get +4 blocked autos and +50ish health +about 2.5 health every level vs the 9 in the utility tree where each biscuit gives you +20 health instantly and makes every potion/pot give 10% (i think?) more health/mana
im deaf
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
December 10 2013 08:49 GMT
#137
Thanks for reminding me why I always ban Fizz.
Very beautiful post though... and so interactive. You should work in the educative industry and make interactive stuff for students.
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
Vicissitude
Profile Joined October 2013
Sweden28 Posts
December 16 2013 15:11 GMT
#138
It's not often I play LoL, and when i do, I rarely play mid and I certainly do not play Fizz.

But this guide is ridiculously gorgeous, that I can tell without knowing anything about the champion. Very good work, sir.
Unless stated otherwise, my posts are from the view of someone who watches SC2 and want to improve it from that perspective, and those opinions will most often have little to do with what experience when I actually play.
Supert0fu
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States499 Posts
December 25 2013 16:09 GMT
#139
On December 10 2013 12:12 overt wrote:
What masteries are people going in S4? I find myself liking 30/0/0 but I've played 21/9/0 before. Not sure if the 9 points in defense are very worth it or if I'm just used to going 21/9 like last season. 30 points in offense is really nice though especially since I like running Ignite/Barrier Fizz.

Do you find the extra AD helps that much?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
December 25 2013 17:21 GMT
#140
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=1-0-2-1-1-3-3-1-0-1-1-3-0-0-0-1-0-3-1-1&tree2=2-2-0-0-1-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

Fizz mastery build imo.

I actually am not so keen on Spell/Blade weaving on Fizz, since abilities that add on-hit effects (Fizz Q, Mystic Shot etc) count as autoattacks for the weaving buffs. This means Fizz's autos only up damage from his ult and pole that you typically use at the start of the combo/to escape, and his ult/pole would only be increasing damage by like 1% on his autos since you use them both within 1 second of each other I'd assume. Not worth it for two mastery points IMO.

The stuff in Defense synergizes with his passive and desire to do early dives real well though, so 23/7 gud.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 164
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16219
Rain 1489
GuemChi 915
sorry 43
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm193
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 540
Counter-Strike
taco 453
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1033
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7639
WinterStarcraft505
C9.Mang0140
ViBE123
ZombieGrub0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick600
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 186
• davetesta37
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt239
Other Games
• Scarra1123
• Shiphtur458
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 57m
INu's Battles
8h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 57m
OSC
20h 12m
Replay Cast
20h 57m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.