• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8734 users

[Ultimate Guide] Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
If you are having trouble reading the skills because it's too long for your resolution/monitor size, zoom out with your browser (e.g. Ctrl - for Chrome)
Wetty
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia419 Posts
September 03 2013 03:25 GMT
#81
If this were a blog post, I'd be complaining about not having enough stars to represent the levels of awesome you have produced. But it's not even a blog, so there are no stars. You're a star for making this guide, thanks! I was looking at getting fizz because he's cool, then I saw some of those trick jumps, instant brought him and now people have started to ban fizz. Natural progression all stemming from such an amazing guide. Well done!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
September 03 2013 05:15 GMT
#82
Played Lux vs Atrioc's Fizz in a TL inhouse.

Shits scary mang. 10/10
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
September 03 2013 06:06 GMT
#83
Great guide. Those master level jumps are pretty sick. Gonna go practice them now.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 10:48:30
September 03 2013 10:47 GMT
#84
Hey Atrioc so I played a lot of Fizz in solo queue and I find myself having trouble with Lux. It seems like when she takes barrier and doesn't derp in lane she's really safe vs you, especially with jungle pressure. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be trying to land those early E flashes on her for kills? Her w plus barrier makes it really hard to put damage down on her for (my) W to do work and basically I just sit there farming double dorans -> sheen + boots as best I can. Is there a trick to the matchup?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
September 03 2013 10:51 GMT
#85
I've played a ton of Fizz games and didn't even know you could do that Tidal Flash...mainly because I never take flash but only barrier/teleport... good to know now I suddenly like taking flash because of that and also when the silly enemy comes back with 30% after your first WQ lvl 2 combo and then you simply flash WQ ignite again.

Thx atrioc!
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
September 03 2013 13:59 GMT
#86
This is such a sick guide I can't believe you can make that neat a guide on a forum!!

Who is fizz good with ? Say I jungle with my friend playing fizz what should I play?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 03 2013 14:47 GMT
#87
Atrioc so OP.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
September 03 2013 15:09 GMT
#88
awesome guide, and really nice presentation! my only critique is that I'm not a fan of text embedded in images

also, you've got the same paragraph twice describing Urchin Strike as his passive ability
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 03 2013 17:03 GMT
#89
On September 04 2013 00:09 CTStalker wrote:
awesome guide, and really nice presentation! my only critique is that I'm not a fan of text embedded in images

also, you've got the same paragraph twice describing Urchin Strike as his passive ability

wtf, when did you start playing League? :O
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
September 03 2013 20:13 GMT
#90
On September 04 2013 02:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 00:09 CTStalker wrote:
awesome guide, and really nice presentation! my only critique is that I'm not a fan of text embedded in images

also, you've got the same paragraph twice describing Urchin Strike as his passive ability

wtf, when did you start playing League? :O

just started like a month ago or so. you've been doing a nice job too, Mr LoL admin!
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 22:11:14
September 03 2013 22:08 GMT
#91
I've been using boots+4 open on "bull" since red pot nerf idk it's not combat stats so I can see where that seems weird, but move speed advantage is really helpful I find on Fizz when you want to go for the early kill, and it transitions super well into exerting pressure on side lanes once you get the lead rolling.

just a thought I wanted to throw out there, both of your opens work just fine. really nice guide once again btw, you have put the other guide writers on notice that much is for sure.

Also my vote for next is Annie.
Carrilord has arrived.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 03:36:51
September 04 2013 03:32 GMT
#92
Okay, so what you protocol on leashing as Fizz?

I dunno, I've been telling my junglers to care for the fizz bleed and make sure they last hit, but I just played a game where My Jungler ignore that advice and lost blue to my bleed despite me being in mid lane already (cuz apparently last hitting is hard?).

Dude raged then just AFK'd rest of game after purposely feeding mid and top 3 kills each. My first loss on Fizz so lame. 6-1 too stronk. I FB'd the Annie right after, and I got really fed in game, just gah..

-.-

Is it silly for me to just not level up W till I get in lane? Should I do that?
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 08:39:54
September 04 2013 04:23 GMT
#93
On September 04 2013 12:32 iCanada wrote:
Okay, so what you protocol on leashing as Fizz?

I dunno, I've been telling my junglers to care for the fizz bleed and make sure they last hit, but I just played a game where My Jungler ignore that advice and lost blue to my bleed despite me being in mid lane already (cuz apparently last hitting is hard?).

Dude raged then just AFK'd rest of game after purposely feeding mid and top 3 kills each. My first loss on Fizz so lame. 6-1 too stronk. I FB'd the Annie right after, and I got really fed in game, just gah..

-.-

Is it silly for me to just not level up W till I get in lane? Should I do that?


If I'm mid lane and my jungler is starting blue I dont leash at all - there's no way to do it without missing creeps and bot lane should be able to cover it.

If I'm top lane and leashing then I'll still take my chances with leveling W early because it speeds up the leash a lot. Just back off a little earlier and give the jungler full warning to watch out for it.

On September 03 2013 19:47 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Hey Atrioc so I played a lot of Fizz in solo queue and I find myself having trouble with Lux. It seems like when she takes barrier and doesn't derp in lane she's really safe vs you, especially with jungle pressure. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be trying to land those early E flashes on her for kills? Her w plus barrier makes it really hard to put damage down on her for (my) W to do work and basically I just sit there farming double dorans -> sheen + boots as best I can. Is there a trick to the matchup?



There are two ways I like to approach the matchup which in general I've had a lot of success with, but I 100% agree with the basic idea that Lux with 3 shields is very annoying.

1: Get 30/0/0, barrier or flash with ignite, start red pot or dring (prefer the first but it will clue them in to what your plan is), get a really agressive runpage (the perfect one would be flat AP blues, flat AP quints, armor yellows, hybrid pen reds, but I dont even have that page and generally just use scaling AP) and start pushing the wave in such a way that you hit 2 first but its not frozen in front of her tower ( which means try to clear range minions if you can so the line stays the same when the 2nd wave comes in) start playing super agressive at either 2 or 3 depending on where shes standing and if possible coordinate with your jungler - you have amazing all-in potential around this time even with her crapton of shields, ESPECIALLY if you use E correctly and dont get hit by a binding.

2, Go 21/9, teleport with ignite, start flask + 3 pots, and get a normal defensive runepage (armor or hp/lvl yellows, mres blues, hybrid reds, AP quints) and just farm and chug pots if any harass sticks on you. Lux has a VERY hard time hitting you and an impossible time of hitting you without pushing the wave - no Lux will ever ever ever start with a ward and pretty soon she will be in a dangerous position. Fizz farms amazing under tower and you can eaisly set up some ganks from your jungler OR simply get the levels and cs you want - if she ever harasses you enough for it to be a problem, you can simply leave and TP back in (or gank bot!). Essentially this style abuses the fact that Lux without ignite has 0 realisitc kill potential on a Fizz that isn't diving her. Come teamfight time/ mid game when core items start coming into play she will be more and more scared of you and generally less useful anyway.

2nd style is objectively better imo, but I will almost always pick the first because I like to play aggressive and am always trying to kill the enemy mid laner 1v1.

*edit*

Always redpot sooner rather than later!! I see way to many people hold onto it until they are already halfway into commiting to an all-in or until someone is trying to dive and kill them and they end up just using it for the HP. I generally pop that sucker before I do my very first W-Q poke on the enemy mid laner and rarely regret it - the lane control it gives you is huge and worth the cost.
Writerman what
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 04 2013 09:45 GMT
#94
What do Lux start in your experience? I only ever see them starting charm+pots (in general, I don't play Fizz), so they often have one or two wards. Do they start dring+2 pots against your Fizz?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 04 2013 10:10 GMT
#95
I think I play a similar style to you in that I love to all-in at level 2/3 with red pot, the only downside is that if their jungler is smart he's 100% there every time it happens and it will likely at best end up being a trade with FB on your side. Probably worth it, but worst case is she survives with good flash/barrier timing and you give FB to her or her jungler making the matchup really hard from that point on .

I think I want to try out the 21/9/0 mastery strategy with Flash Ignite. Usually I just 30/0/0 yolo blaze it but as you get higher in rating the matchups get harder to 420 noscope because they're prepared for the burst.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
September 04 2013 13:17 GMT
#96
awesome guide, even if I hate to play against Fizz

It still help to understand more how to play against him with this.

Thx
n_n
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
September 04 2013 14:37 GMT
#97
Well, Malz is getting boring anyways . This is great! If I ever need a new jungler or top and I pick Fizz for some reason I'll refer back to this.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 15:05:02
September 04 2013 15:04 GMT
#98
On September 04 2013 18:45 Alaric wrote:
What do Lux start in your experience? I only ever see them starting charm+pots (in general, I don't play Fizz), so they often have one or two wards. Do they start dring+2 pots against your Fizz?


I think dring+2 pots is in general a terrible start on Lux.

It doesn't give her enough mana regen to harass the way she wants and her AP ratios are low enough that 15 starting AP isn't really improving her damage. Most of her early lane damage is from her passive which has no AP ratio. If she starts dring+2 pots she's going to inevitably put herself in a position where she's pushed the wave up and doesn't have enough mana to use all 3 of her spells if the jungler shows up.

That doesn't mean people aren't doing it though, maybe most Lux players are so scared of Fizz they think they need the extra all in potential from the HP?

I typically take a ward vs. Fizz. He's hard enough to deal with solo I don't want his jungler there too.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
stealthpt
Profile Joined September 2013
Portugal2 Posts
September 05 2013 09:37 GMT
#99
Ultimate akali guide ? :D
BobMcJohnson
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France2916 Posts
September 05 2013 11:46 GMT
#100
Holy shit this is so cool :D

Used to main Fizz a while ago, gonna pick him up again now that i finished buying Hybrid Pen Marks.

Talking about Hybrid Pen, what's the reasoning behind having 7Hybrid pen + 2 Mpen marks?
Romanes eunt domus
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1344
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 275
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56985
Calm 3717
Shuttle 3488
FanTaSy 1578
Bisu 1516
firebathero 367
Stork 333
Mini 286
Hyuk 271
Rush 250
[ Show more ]
Soma 246
EffOrt 230
Zeus 226
Soulkey 178
actioN 157
Last 150
Light 145
ZerO 131
Snow 112
Dewaltoss 67
Mong 66
Killer 65
Barracks 54
Pusan 49
hero 42
JYJ 42
PianO 40
NotJumperer 37
Shinee 37
Free 36
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 31
Hyun 30
Aegong 28
Sharp 27
Shine 26
sorry 19
yabsab 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5882
Dendi629
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1389
kRYSTAL_310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko379
Other Games
gofns36261
singsing2055
B2W.Neo845
crisheroes276
hiko236
DeMusliM216
Livibee133
byalli129
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
14m
OSC
9h 29m
Replay Cast
10h 14m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.