• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10304 users

[Champion] Jayce - Page 11

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 21:05:35
February 11 2013 21:04 GMT
#201
On February 12 2013 06:01 Requizen wrote:
From GD:

Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 05:53 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:51 Requizen wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:49 onlywonderboy wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:21 wei2coolman wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:19 Requizen wrote:
Sadly, I don't think Jayce is nearly as strong nowadays. He can't really play the whole "build tanky and be a threat" as he could before the E nerf, and building damage on him doesn't feel as strong as it used to now that everyone has a Warmog's or more.

He's still quite strong, just not the same lane bully he was before. More of a niche pick now, best for a dedicated poke comp with someone like AP nidalee.

New Tear helps him a lot. I sucks because you sacrifice some damage, but it makes it so you don't OOM when poking with QE combo.

Really? I guess on Cannon W and Hammer E it's nice for the combo, but idk if he'd make as much use out of muramana as other champions.

What kind of build do you go on him nowadays? I used to do things like BT + FMallet or TF + Warmogs back when he was released and OP as shit, but I'm just not sure anymore.


The typical builds we've seen in tournament games lately go Tear -> Bruta -> BT -> Muramana then w/e. Q/E becomes godly and can be done forever. You don't need to max E anymore, but Q is incredible for damage/poke.


I feel like just BC's health component isn't enough in a meta where bruisers (especially top laners) are expected to be pretty damn tanky. And that's assuming you finish BC at some point and don't just sit on Bruta.


Well the other thing is that I've mostly seen him played mid lately. Perhaps that changes your perspective on how the build shakes out. I still think a Warmogs is probably core eventually, just LATE core.

Edit: Also, how did I not find this thread when I looked earlier? Reading OP.

Edit 2: Oh, LOL, because it's not in Strategy. Neo pls.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 21:10:46
February 11 2013 21:10 GMT
#202
Yeah, Tear makes his laning phase much more manageable since mana is less of an issue, and then makes his late game poke absurd. Muramana doesn't need to be rushed or anything. The build Asmo described is pretty accurate in terms of when we've seen him in pro play. The goal of Tear on Jayce is different than on Ryze, it's more for the mana utility than the extra Toggle damage. Muramana is just a nice bonus since you can build it without having to sell back your Tear and you get to keep the extra mana.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
February 11 2013 21:12 GMT
#203
On February 12 2013 06:01 Requizen wrote:
From GD:

Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 05:53 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:51 Requizen wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:49 onlywonderboy wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:21 wei2coolman wrote:
On February 12 2013 05:19 Requizen wrote:
Sadly, I don't think Jayce is nearly as strong nowadays. He can't really play the whole "build tanky and be a threat" as he could before the E nerf, and building damage on him doesn't feel as strong as it used to now that everyone has a Warmog's or more.

He's still quite strong, just not the same lane bully he was before. More of a niche pick now, best for a dedicated poke comp with someone like AP nidalee.

New Tear helps him a lot. I sucks because you sacrifice some damage, but it makes it so you don't OOM when poking with QE combo.

Really? I guess on Cannon W and Hammer E it's nice for the combo, but idk if he'd make as much use out of muramana as other champions.

What kind of build do you go on him nowadays? I used to do things like BT + FMallet or TF + Warmogs back when he was released and OP as shit, but I'm just not sure anymore.


The typical builds we've seen in tournament games lately go Tear -> Bruta -> BT -> Muramana then w/e. Q/E becomes godly and can be done forever. You don't need to max E anymore, but Q is incredible for damage/poke.


I feel like just BC's health component isn't enough in a meta where bruisers (especially top laners) are expected to be pretty damn tanky. And that's assuming you finish BC at some point and don't just sit on Bruta.


I think the whole point of the build is to be a pseudo adc/poke/bodyguard for the adc when it comes to teamfights. The 35 resists from hammer form aren't anything to sneeze at either.
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
February 11 2013 21:19 GMT
#204
Jayce is really tanky for someone who does as much damage as he does and has the same type of range that he does.

My Jayce build is usually tear -> brut -> bt -> lw -> muramana -> warmogs because by the time i have enough gold to get manamune my tear stack are only something like 2/3rd of the way there. Muramana is great on him as well because in a full on engage you should be autoattacking a lot even without Cannon W. I donno I think he's a really great midlaner because he does well versus assassins (Khazix, Talon) versus traditional ap carries (Ryze, Ahri, Orianna etc) and those wonky ap midlaners like Kayle and Nidalee. He shoves incredibly hard and roams extremely well, i lub him

Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
February 11 2013 21:45 GMT
#205
Hm, good points all around. I guess I'll try Tear on him when I get a chance. He doesn't seem to be the fastest stacker for it, so I assume it's for the regen in lane -> manapool late game when it comes to poking? Maybe it's because I don't have a huge mana pool, but I rarely find myself spamming spells in lane as much as Yorick/Ryze/Cass, your traditional Tear builders.
It's your boy Guzma!
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
February 11 2013 22:01 GMT
#206
On February 12 2013 06:45 Requizen wrote:
Hm, good points all around. I guess I'll try Tear on him when I get a chance. He doesn't seem to be the fastest stacker for it, so I assume it's for the regen in lane -> manapool late game when it comes to poking? Maybe it's because I don't have a huge mana pool, but I rarely find myself spamming spells in lane as much as Yorick/Ryze/Cass, your traditional Tear builders.


Shifting forms, putting down gate to move around map are what stacks it up the most imo. At base you can also use Hammer W and all 3 cannon spells for free to give some stacks~

getting blue buff also helps a ton
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
February 11 2013 22:57 GMT
#207
In my ranked team, my jungler mains Lee and I main Jayce, while my mid mains Cho. The freedom to whore blue is the best feeling in the world, I almost always carry my team xD
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
JALbert
Profile Joined March 2011
United States484 Posts
February 12 2013 04:35 GMT
#208
Weird thought: SotD on Jayce filling an AD carry role on a team? The active seems to fit his engage/disengage playstyle - his base AS is so low that AS items don't really work well on him, so the opportunity cost of popping the active is a lot lower. A lot of his utility comes from the poke style of play, so he favors setups where he can disengage easily. It *is* paying a lot for the active, but it might be worth it for tower sieges in a comp where he's the pseudo-ADC.
Stealing Nashor Podcast - http://stealingnashor.libsyn.com | Stupid build enthusiast
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
February 12 2013 04:46 GMT
#209
What I have seen these days is that people are relying more on Jayce's W in cannon form. Froggen played Jayce to great effect during LCS last week, where he was able to push a middle turret in 4 minutes as Jayce. His W does a great deal of extra burst damage, and unlike a lot of abilities in this game, works 100% on turrets.

He has always been a great turret pusher since his release, but his Q/E were so broken that many players would skip W until every other skill was maxed. Nowadays I feel many players have found a new role for Jayce.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
soverelgne
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom72 Posts
February 12 2013 05:11 GMT
#210
I watched the game, but I didn't notice, do you mean max W first or second? I've taken to maxing in 2nd, right after Q, when I'm against a tanky dude in the top lane. This provides me with more pushing power, more sustained damage (I think), and a way to replenish mana, which leads to even more pushing and damage.
TomatoShark
Profile Joined August 2011
United States288 Posts
February 12 2013 07:18 GMT
#211
idk I always go poke glass cannon jayce with manamune lw bt bc mercs or cdr boots and ga or whatever else.
always q and e depending on the lane or if its some bruiser stacking health and armor e is really good vs that.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
February 12 2013 07:38 GMT
#212
On February 12 2013 14:11 soverelgne wrote:
I watched the game, but I didn't notice, do you mean max W first or second? I've taken to maxing in 2nd, right after Q, when I'm against a tanky dude in the top lane. This provides me with more pushing power, more sustained damage (I think), and a way to replenish mana, which leads to even more pushing and damage.


He maxed Q first.

The thing is there was a time when no one even bothered to put points into W, because E costed like no mana at all.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 05:26:20
February 18 2013 01:26 GMT
#213
I know people don't agree with Tank Jayce but if you were to do it would you get something like sunfire? For the clear speed and such? Or would a hybrid AD defence item provide more damage/clear?

I'm such a shitty Jayce TT. I just had a game where my jungler fed me an assist and I could push to tower so rumble lost cs, and every trade I'd hit all my spells, but Rumble does so much damage I went even anyways. Rumble's Q, E (once I go melee) do almost as much damage as my combo, and then his shield blocks more damage than my level 1 skills do when you factor in armor/mr. So I go even, then my skills are done, and he walks back and I walk back.

But he'd usually win fights with almost a sliver of life left. Overall I felt I could go even, but then later on, he had a better ult for teamfights. I'd try to walk out of it every time but even 2 seconds of ticks was like 40% of my life. If there are champions that have as good of a laning phase as Jayce while also being better late game then where is Jayce's advantage? I guess he's good at supporting ganks and playing from behind but that's not really optimal.

XSpecial plays Jayce a lot better than me, he used the most of his W in hammer form. But he also had ganks that gave him the kill whereas I mainly got assists. And he maxed E. He was just like "Screw damage efficiency for skill points, if I can knock him away and he can't hit me once, I'll still win the trade."
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 02:35:28
March 18 2013 02:26 GMT
#214
I think with Jayce you always have to follow through with your trades. Like you use your ranged EQW, then have to change to hammer, QW, and then E only as W runs out. He doesn't have as much hard cc or any really strong shields so that's a good bet of his for winning trades. Missing QE in ranged runs him out of mana.

The other option, and one popular before the E mana nerfs, was just to use hammer form Q, and then E before your enemy had any chance to respond with their own trades. You can get away from a lot of enemies with QE. You also have to stay out of your enemy's range afterwards to prevent retaliation while your skills are on cd. This gives them time to push with impunity. I don't like maxing E though either first or second.

Once you know how to win trades as Jayce while not running out of mana, you'll start winning your lane. You'll never get as strong as an AD carry late game,but you don't need to unless you're going up against AD carries top.

As far as builds go, Jayce has very few defensive steroids but he has a lot of base damage. Theoretically he would make a decent tank. In my experience though, tank Jayce's base damage is worthless. What's more important is what utility he provides. Jayce has a slow, knockback, and team speed boost. It's decent utility, but unless his ranged form E is letting his team initiate fights, or the knockback's saving a carry, or punting an enemy carry to your team, it's not game winning utility.

He also has somewhere near a 7.0 AD ratio on his full combo when you add his ranged form W on 0 additional attack speed. So you can build him for damage too. I don't think he gets near the damage of an AD carry but he is still pretty scary. It's not game winning safety and damage but it's decent.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 20:04:41
April 21 2013 19:44 GMT
#215
so if you watched OGN this week you saw there is this new trend in korea where you rush Manamune, I mean to say your typical NA poke comp jayce build is

Tear > Bruta > BT > LW/Manamune(depending on stacks) > whichever you didn't get last

well in OGN this week, they would go

Tear > Manamune NO MATTER WHAT > Bruta > LW > BT

with the reduced cooldown on tear charges as well as spamming stance change on the way to lane, Flame was able to get a 14 min Muramana after starting in a 1v2 lane. I've been experimenting with this in my games, in a 1v1 lane I typically first back with enough to buy the tear and the longsword at the same time, so I could in theory stack it faster, doing this then spamming moves to stack the tear, I've been able to get 16-18 min Muramanas on a pretty regular basis and in a couple of cases had money to combine and get bruta on 2nd back.

The point here is this, the power curve on this at least to me feels so much smoother than sitting on a tear with 0 damage while making a BF sword, it's pretty difficult to get your mana regen, damage, and pen done by 20 min with the BT build, because you are using 2 different items for Damage and Regen, with this build 20 min for all 3 is standard, and because of the extra power from this build you can usually convert this huge power spike into the last two items very quickly.

HIghly recommended, I really like this new way to build him (albeit mostly the same)
Carrilord has arrived.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
April 21 2013 20:00 GMT
#216
Manamune is really efficient even before it's fully charged, and getting it means you charge your tear that much faster.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
April 21 2013 20:26 GMT
#217
Has Trinity Force totally died on Jayce? It was great before his big nerf, haven't tested since.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
April 21 2013 22:24 GMT
#218
On April 22 2013 05:26 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Has Trinity Force totally died on Jayce? It was great before his big nerf, haven't tested since.


Trinity gives too much stuff that Jayce doesn't need IMO. Crit, ASPD, AP.

Sheen and Phage procs are nice I suppose, but Jayce already has ways to slow people. I don't think the Sheen procs actually add that much damage.

As for the new Muramana rush build, I actually didn't know about that as I don't have any ways to watch OGN. Does anyone know the skill orders that Koreans are using? I'm assuming it would be QEQW and then Q->W->E->R, it would make him a complete god in mid-game engages.
olabaz
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States298 Posts
April 21 2013 23:22 GMT
#219
I believe they go QEQEQEQEQEWWWWWRRR and build Tear > Brutalizer > CDR Boots > BT > Muramana > LW > Warmogs > BC
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 03:47:22
April 22 2013 03:45 GMT
#220
There's no reason not to get 1 point W if you open tear. It helps your all-in's and you can kite or chase so much easier with cannon W activated.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 564
ProTech150
UpATreeSC 131
JuggernautJason39
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31503
Calm 3293
Shuttle 991
actioN 196
firebathero 168
Dewaltoss 105
Hyun 28
HiyA 27
Bale 26
Free 25
[ Show more ]
NaDa 23
soO 23
Aegong 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7577
XaKoH 310
Fuzer 122
League of Legends
KnowMe88
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1569
fl0m1348
x6flipin474
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu338
Other Games
singsing1948
FrodaN1355
Beastyqt773
B2W.Neo530
ceh9484
mouzStarbuck355
Livibee194
byalli168
C9.Mang0115
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr73
Mew2King56
ToD20
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki53
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur814
• imaqtpie807
• WagamamaTV272
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 54m
Replay Cast
4h 39m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.