• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:53
CEST 20:53
KST 03:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11626 users

[Champion] Jax - Page 20

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 54 Next
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
June 01 2012 09:55 GMT
#381
well i shit on one and got shit on as renekton at lvl 6
brolaf
Profile Joined May 2012
291 Posts
June 01 2012 12:40 GMT
#382
On June 01 2012 18:55 AsnSensation wrote:
well i shit on one and got shit on as renekton at lvl 6

well it will be better in a weak..jax's meat and potatoes is getting nerfed substantially
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
June 06 2012 22:20 GMT
#383
first impressions of jax with the nerf? I've been playing him and vlad non stop top the past week and I'd hate to have to drop Jax off of my ranked roster
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
June 06 2012 22:33 GMT
#384
nothing changed, hes still retarded strong and nobody can 1v1 him after lvl6++
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
June 06 2012 23:12 GMT
#385
its bearly a fidth of his base dammage from it is gone and thats at the highest level.

I've been loveing this new triforce semi rush while getting a stinger and a vamp septer after a sheen. Nashors is going to be the next huge item for jax.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
June 06 2012 23:17 GMT
#386
On June 07 2012 08:12 Sermokala wrote:
its bearly a fidth of his base dammage from it is gone and thats at the highest level.

I've been loveing this new triforce semi rush while getting a stinger and a vamp septer after a sheen. Nashors is going to be the next huge item for jax.


It's 40 base damage off of every empower.. if you were getting three of them off in all-in fights in the top lane, you just lost 180 damage this patch. In a super close fight, this could easily cost you your life so I thought it might be somewhat significant.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 06 2012 23:19 GMT
#387
On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
It's 40 base damage


On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
getting three of them off


On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
you just lost 180 damage


:|
not sure on your math there bucko
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
June 07 2012 01:13 GMT
#388
On June 07 2012 08:19 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
It's 40 base damage


Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
getting three of them off


Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 08:17 Perplex wrote:
you just lost 180 damage


:|
not sure on your math there bucko


fullretard.jpg

how bout 120... long day at the office today..
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 01:14:15
June 13 2012 01:11 GMT
#389
Jax seems to be in a good spot atm. Before the nerf you could just first pick him and not worry about much except maybe Malphite. I need to play him more, but I feel that he only really gets owned by Malph/Swain/Panth, and any strategy that works against other melee bruisers. I'm really liking the cutlass-->phage-->finish gunblade build that I've seen some pros do -- Jax is all about sticking power, and dblades+cutlass is plenty of sustain for laning. I still haven't tried the vamp scepter --> triforce build, mostly because cutlass/gunblade are soo good the faster you get them.

I also like going flash/exhaust unless I'm specifically going for lane kills (like against Vlad or assassins). It can be used both offensively and defensively, and like ignite, the mastery is great for hybrid damage. I especially recommend it if your team's carry went flash+ignite and/or your team has no exhaust, because it's really necessary during teamfights to reduce incoming damage if the enemy all focus you when you jump in.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 13 2012 14:08 GMT
#390
no, jax is still stupid as shit right now. champ hits critical mass too fast for someone who scales as well as he does.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
June 13 2012 14:23 GMT
#391
Ezreal aspd debuff too stronk vs jax though
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
June 13 2012 16:43 GMT
#392
Jax still pretty strong. I don't feel like the nerf did much from a not Jax/ not Malphite perspective.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Flakes
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States3125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 20:01:00
June 13 2012 17:29 GMT
#393
Well I'm probably biased to think he's balanced because I main him and have found so many ways to lose with him.

I must begrudgingly admit that his AA steroids are the strongest out of all bruisers (except maybe Olaf), and he snowballs hard after the ult change because his defense scales with his offense again (honestly, I thought that was why they remade his HP passive in the first place).

edit (@shiv): I'm including Olaf's armor pen, +AD, and lifesteal as well. And even then I think Jax's passive + ult is comparable, because you can use it for both bursty trades and sustained dps.

edit2 (after getting another Jax win): okay, he's probably OP just goes to show the effects of power creep + "NERF OP": When people finally do switch en masse to other champs, they are already the new OP by a wide margin. I actually thought he was a bit strong when I saw 1.0.0.133, but I took a 3 month break from LoL shortly after that patch and didn't try him out. The fact that they buffed his HP, stun radius, and gave him resists scaling with AD/AP in a subsequent patch is pretty lulz.
Shiv.
Profile Joined January 2011
3534 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 23:16:57
June 13 2012 17:42 GMT
#394
On June 14 2012 02:29 Flakes wrote:
Well I'm probably biased to think he's balanced because I main him and have found so many ways to lose with him.

I must begrudgingly admit that his AA steroids are the strongest out of all bruisers (except maybe Olaf), and he snowballs hard after the ult change because his defense scales with his offense again (honestly, I thought that was why they remade his HP passive in the first place).

It's a lot stronger than Olafs because it's relatively unconditional. You don't HAVE to be low to make full use of it, you just have to hit a bunch of fools. Maybe that's a bit of a balled statement, but personally (that's just my opinion, mhmkay?), I'd take it over Olafs steroid any day of the week.

Jax is just fucking retarded at the moment. Since I started playing (somewhere around Yorick release), there hasn't been a point where Jax was just a balanced champion, he was always very underwhelming or hellastrong. I seriously don't really know what to do against him other than play Malphite, which I'd rather not, or Lee, which is sort of dicey. Does Rumble stand a chance after the recent nerfs? I doubt it, it was just something that came to mind.
currently rooting for myself.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 15 2012 13:59 GMT
#395
Would you take exhaust over ignite on Jax, seeing how he can burst but dishes out more damage the longer he can stick to his opponent?

Also, I probably played it a bit wrong, but Shen seemed so strong pre-6. x_o He was dc'd at the start so I got to level 3 easily, and since I didn't push to tower he arrived just in time to grab the exp and only be a few cs down on me. Then he started just chucking daggers at me on cd, trying his best to zone me. I let him push so I could farm but there was no way I would outdamage him with WQ and some autos if he just shielded my burst then Q-passive aa me, and using E on top of it would just drain too much of my mana. Ironically once I got 6 with hexdrinker+vamp+NMM I just rolled over his HoG+aegis parts.
Bit it felt like the first 3 levels would have been hell for me had he not been dc'd.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
June 15 2012 18:28 GMT
#396
shen should destroy you in lane
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
June 15 2012 19:17 GMT
#397
yep shen usually destroys jax totally at least pre 6.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
June 16 2012 01:25 GMT
#398
I was wondering who I was laneing against as jax and I didn't really look at the loading tab because I was messing with my music and didn't tab in game because I wasn't going tryhard and just boots pots. I saw tf and just started laughing my ass off. 3 kills later and 150 cs in 20 minutes I still never stopped laughing.

hexdrinker sounds like a great idea in those lanes that you lose pre six. I had never thought of getting that on him but I think I'll do that from now on instead of getting phage to counter attack at six. Idk if its worth delaying getting a triforce fast and I love a cutlass slow for getting kills on hard won lanes but I'll try it out and see what happens. What did you mean by NMM? I often times don't use my q when I can just walk up to someone and we then get a second w and then just walk away for some free tradeing for those lanes.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 01:57:42
June 16 2012 01:56 GMT
#399
Null magic mantle, tenacity isn't that necessary against Shen so I wasn't keen on spending 450 just for that and some MS.
For a MR item I'd prefer wit's for the AS and some more magic damage, but hexdrinker is so good in lane against magic damage champs.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
June 16 2012 04:12 GMT
#400
I still don't know if he was ever as strong as preremake. Unfortunately I'd gotten a lot better since playing him preremake, but he was always a strong champ.

The recent nerf stings a bit though. I find myself getting a bit lower. Recent game against wukong, I went 2-1 after getting firstblooded stupidly fighting doran's blade ignite wukong as ghost tele jax with boots. I still got his team mad enough at him that he rage quit and ended up 7-1 though.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 490
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28224
Calm 2500
Shuttle 376
Mini 173
White-Ra 144
firebathero 93
Mong 55
scan(afreeca) 22
soO 14
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu490
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2091
FrodaN1737
summit1g1022
olofmeister842
B2W.Neo788
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes169
Livibee164
Mew2King72
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
7m
BSL Open Qualifier
7m
OSC
4h 7m
Replay Cast
4h 7m
OSC
17h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.