• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:49
CEST 08:49
KST 15:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7961 users

[Champion] Tryndamere - Page 8

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Lanzoma
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico813 Posts
November 24 2011 00:02 GMT
#141
Sure, Teemo scales worse than Tryndamere, but Teemo's strength as a top lane is not scaling, but being nearly impossible to gank and being a bitch to 1v1 by the usual bruiser top laners. You basically can't stop him from pushing forever with his minefield + wriggle's ward + W speedup unless you buy oracles and sweep his lane regularly on top of ganking him, which means your team gets free dragons / turrets elsewhere. But I digress, this isn't about Teemo.

The real problem for Trynd vs Teemo is that you'll be heavily denied of xp and cs, and he can dictate whether he wants to push you to turret and force you to either cs or lose your turret, or freeze his lane near his turret and zone you forever (a good Teemo will alternate between the two depending on the situation). The end result is that a Tryndamere without farm is a useless Tryndamere, while Teemo is farmed anyways.

And this is not even touching on the subject of how Teemo shuts down Tryndamere in teamfights by simplying Qing him (2.5 secs of blind every 8 seconds), while his E + ignite means you die after ult, OR he carries exhaust and chains it with Q for 5 full seconds of useless Tryndamere. Random shroom after running out of fights is also a hilarious potential scenario.

Hp/5 runes are better when you expect the damage to come in spread-out bursts, so that you can regen in the interim; they fall flat when the harass is constantly happening. The only way I can see Tryndamere not getting completely bent over is by the Teemo misplaying the lane or getting ganked early.

I've been on both ends of the matchup. I won with Trynd by literally begging for two ganks in a row before 6, and I won with Teemo by virtue of being Teemo - Trynd was 8 when I was 12, at which point he decided to go gank and teamfight and just straight out left the lane. He lost 2 turrets but they won a teamfight and got dragon, so that was probably the best play he could have made at the time...but when 5v5 teamfights came he couldn't do anything.
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
December 17 2011 09:56 GMT
#142
has anyone tried going atmog with zeal on trynd? compared to IE it is only 1500 gold more expensive and 11 dmg less at full warmog stack. however, you get 1270 more hp and 44 more armor
Team[AoV]
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
December 17 2011 13:21 GMT
#143
You're not counting IE's passive, and the path to IE gives you + damage which is amplified by your tendency to crit.

That said I haven't tried it. I think it'll take too long though to build it, especially since I tend to get wiggles + upgraded boots (usually zerker) before I start building other items.
Stuck.
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
December 17 2011 18:40 GMT
#144
i calculated this by using zerkers/zeal on both builds. IE gives u 8% more crit than atma and i value the bonus to your hp and armor more than just 50% more crit dmg. also, if you get a giant belt, it gives you enough hp to work with that it sort of substitutes for the wriggles
Team[AoV]
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
December 17 2011 20:43 GMT
#145
But where's the damage before you spend 5355 gold? Outtank the other guy? :s
ô¿ô
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
December 17 2011 21:03 GMT
#146
masteries/runes/q
Team[AoV]
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
December 17 2011 23:21 GMT
#147
I just don't see it. IE is the perfect item on tryn, it synergizes with him so well. The extra crit damage on Tryn is a massive deal. IE is already the best damage item (when used in conjunction), and it's better on tryn than anybody else (courtesy of his increased crit %).

Atmogs is literally great on anybody, but imo there are just better options on tryn. Survivability is easier to itemize for through lifesteal, than extra HP imo. And contributes better to tryn's overall goal of wrecking faces.

That extra 1500 gold for atmogs is what, like a wriggles or something. So it's really wriggles + IE vs atmogs. IMO you'd feel stronger at all stages of the game with wriggles IE than atmogs, incredibly so prior to completion of both warmogs and atmas.

Wriggles gives tryn the ability to completely ignore whoever he is laning against, and do whatever he wants. A giants belt and ruby crystal really don't compare here. And midgame the disparity becomes even greater.

I haven't tried it, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. The only reason to go atmogs on tryn would be because atmogs is awesome on anyone, not because it fits his kit well.
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
January 31 2012 03:59 GMT
#148
I know Tryn is meant to beat irelia, but I just went against an Irelia and got stomped. Which part of Tryn is meant to beat her? I opened boots 3pot and she just bullied me in the lane and then got ahead and stomped me. She did have armor runes but I don't know how to trade effectively when she can just stun and run away.

Help? I'm bad with Tryn but I didn't think I'd get stomped so hard T_T.
Juddas
Profile Joined January 2011
768 Posts
February 04 2012 16:13 GMT
#149
I've checked some Trynd guides after I bought him recently, and all the mobafire ones say to NOT get wriggles, even when jungling. Why? and is it really so bad?
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
February 04 2012 16:37 GMT
#150
On February 05 2012 01:13 Juddas wrote:
I've checked some Trynd guides after I bought him recently, and all the mobafire ones say to NOT get wriggles, even when jungling. Why? and is it really so bad?


If you jungle or lane against an AD champ (most top lanes), definitely get wriggles. If you lane against a magic damage champ, I would probably still get wriggles but there might be a few cases where you can skip it and just hold onto the vamp scepter.

It is just a really strong item and trynd doesn't want to use his rage to heal because it makes him far less dangerous in lane.
Just imo, you should probably wait for a better trynd player to give their opinion.
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 04 2012 16:38 GMT
#151
Wriggle's is fine for Trynd in the current jungle.

I'd get Wriggle's on Trynd in lane and jangle.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
theMarkovian
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands183 Posts
February 04 2012 16:39 GMT
#152
On February 05 2012 01:13 Juddas wrote:
I've checked some Trynd guides after I bought him recently, and all the mobafire ones say to NOT get wriggles, even when jungling. Why? and is it really so bad?


Mobafire is so bad Most people writing guides on mobafire don't value lanedominance, or don't know how to trade in lane effectively. Same thing for buff and objective control. This means they undervalue things like lifesteal and survivability for glass-cannon approaches, or lategame items over laning supperiority. They play in an environment where they won't get punished for going BF first (over Dorans) on an AD for example. I know this is a very negative view of the mobafire guide community, but their guides are typically from a low skill perspective, unfortunately.

Wriggles isn't essential in lane. You can forgo it for a quick Zeal if you don't need the bonus armor or lifesteal in lane. Easy matchups, against weak laners like Nasus, can be dominated by going pure offense. You should make a conscious decision about going Wriggles of Zeal (which is the obvious replacement IMO).

I'd still rank it very highly in the jungle, just for buff/dragon control. A Wriggles goes a long way towards getting a quick dragon, or stealing/safeguarding that buff.
Hit me up ingame! ID: Markovian.126; Diamond@EU
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 16:42:05
February 04 2012 16:40 GMT
#153
It's because it's mobafire and I have no idea why you're looking there for LoL guides. I'd say that you should get Wriggles always except perhaps when against someone like Swain solo top, though I'd get it even then.

General build on trynd that nearly always works for solotop but is okay for other lanes and jungle as well:

Wriggles -> PD -> Youmu, after that either survivability, mostly in the form of mres, or IE/LW.

You can do PD -> Atmogs or Atlet but you really should get the PD first
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
February 29 2012 19:11 GMT
#154
On March 01 2012 03:50 Two_DoWn wrote:
I actually dont know why tryndamere fell out of favor so fast. All they did was nerf the heal on q, which you never actually used anyway.

He still crushes anyone who stands still vs him, and you aint doing shit to him in terms of burst once he gets wriggles cuz he just crits 2 creeps and is back to full health.


I feel the changes to his rage system were what hurt him the most. He starts losing rage after 5 seconds now as opposed to 8? I can't recall if there were other changes to it.

It's not a problem if people 'constantly' autoattack. I suppose once every 5 seconds is nowhere near 'constantly', but I liked having those extra 3 seconds before rage loss to do some extra zoning before I felt like I needed to go back and hit a creep / force a trade.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
February 29 2012 20:18 GMT
#155
On March 01 2012 04:11 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 03:50 Two_DoWn wrote:
I actually dont know why tryndamere fell out of favor so fast. All they did was nerf the heal on q, which you never actually used anyway.

He still crushes anyone who stands still vs him, and you aint doing shit to him in terms of burst once he gets wriggles cuz he just crits 2 creeps and is back to full health.


I feel the changes to his rage system were what hurt him the most. He starts losing rage after 5 seconds now as opposed to 8? I can't recall if there were other changes to it.

It's not a problem if people 'constantly' autoattack. I suppose once every 5 seconds is nowhere near 'constantly', but I liked having those extra 3 seconds before rage loss to do some extra zoning before I felt like I needed to go back and hit a creep / force a trade.

That is before you start losing though, not before its gone. Its not that hard to wack something to get rage back, especially if you have rage in the first place to get that crit.

I honestly dont think it was that big a deal. Just a case of fickle community members.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
February 29 2012 21:02 GMT
#156
Yeah, that sounds about right. I haven't played him enough since the changes... and it's been so long that I can't remember what it was like before. In the couple times I had played him thought the rage reductino thing was annoying, but not particularly game breaking. It did make me feel a lot more pressured (to be more active etc), although that's not necessarily a logical response, nor is it necessarily a bad thing.

I think it makes a pretty big difference if you're losing the lane, but very little difference if you're winning it.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 17:22:58
March 07 2012 17:21 GMT
#157
What's the optimal mark/quint choices for solotop trynd? So many options.... I'm thinking of lifesteal quints + armor pen or attack speed marks..

Crit chance or MS quints don't sound bad either but... anyways I need advice
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 17:24:20
March 07 2012 17:24 GMT
#158
On March 08 2012 02:21 Juicyfruit wrote:
What's the optimal mark/quint choices for trynd? So many options.... I'm thinking of lifesteal quints + armor pen or attack speed marks..

Crit chance or MS quints don't sound bad either but... anyways I need advice

AD/AD for me.

It's important to be able to hit at tower with just one hit, Apen runes have very diminishing returns against the common stacking of armor most toplaners have, you lifesteal more off creeps with wriggles especially with crits, and as I go for very early last whisper most of the time if they have a tanky teamcomp it's going to make AD more efficient than Apen. Also vs squishies they die in a few hits anyway regardless of if you have AD or Apen.

AD/MS definitely a good option.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
March 07 2012 17:43 GMT
#159
Why is tryn so often a insta ban I'n low elo?
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
March 07 2012 17:49 GMT
#160
On March 08 2012 02:43 MindBreaker wrote:
Why is tryn so often a insta ban I'n low elo?

ulti es imba and people only play champions with 0 cc and only fight 1v1 so trynd pwns them
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1908
GuemChi 505
Leta 343
sSak 38
Bale 31
actioN 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Noble 13
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 604
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King151
Other Games
summit1g8395
ceh9340
C9.Mang0273
Happy231
Sick152
ViBE109
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick499
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1120
• Stunt447
Other Games
• Shiphtur469
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 11m
Patches Events
9h 11m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.