• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:30
CEST 12:30
KST 19:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8400 users

LotV Beta Balance Update -- September 17 - Page 7

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
309 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 18 2015 05:56 GMT
#121
On September 18 2015 12:26 SCST wrote:
It's sad, really. I could see that glimmer of hope in people's eyes with the macro-patch. Everyone praising Kim. Praising the transparency and the bold decisions. I was almost sucked into the vortex of propaganda myself, too. But then I remembered who I was dealing with. And I thought: "these people are going to be burned; they forget that this is the one and only, David Kim. The master of false-hope and Starcraft seppuku."

Really people . . . we've had 5 years. We've had Broodlord-Infestor. We've had Mothership Core. We've had Swarm Hosts. We've had decisions that the vast majority of the community disagree with. We've had a declining viewership and player-base. And in response to the communities feedback? At best, we've had years of waiting for results. At worst, we've had crickets.

So to make it even more short and sweet: we've had this happen before. And now it's happening again. Surprise!

Never forget and never underestimate the laziness and egomania of the one and only David Kim. To paraphrase Greg "Idra" Fields:

"Something something tire iron . . . "


The melodrama is amusing, but unnecessary. I believe they've stated clearly that this week is part of their decision making, after which they will decide which manner of macro mechanics they will run with. I can understand the frustration, but it's preemptive and I think you should wait another week before cutting onions.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
September 18 2015 06:00 GMT
#122
On September 18 2015 14:56 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 12:26 SCST wrote:
It's sad, really. I could see that glimmer of hope in people's eyes with the macro-patch. Everyone praising Kim. Praising the transparency and the bold decisions. I was almost sucked into the vortex of propaganda myself, too. But then I remembered who I was dealing with. And I thought: "these people are going to be burned; they forget that this is the one and only, David Kim. The master of false-hope and Starcraft seppuku."

Really people . . . we've had 5 years. We've had Broodlord-Infestor. We've had Mothership Core. We've had Swarm Hosts. We've had decisions that the vast majority of the community disagree with. We've had a declining viewership and player-base. And in response to the communities feedback? At best, we've had years of waiting for results. At worst, we've had crickets.

So to make it even more short and sweet: we've had this happen before. And now it's happening again. Surprise!

Never forget and never underestimate the laziness and egomania of the one and only David Kim. To paraphrase Greg "Idra" Fields:

"Something something tire iron . . . "


The melodrama is amusing, but unnecessary. I believe they've stated clearly that this week is part of their decision making, after which they will decide which manner of macro mechanics they will run with. I can understand the frustration, but it's preemptive and I think you should wait another week before cutting onions.


Can you quote where and how they say that? It was not mentioned in these patch notes
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
September 18 2015 06:15 GMT
#123
So in theory Terran can go again full army with few SCVs in gas and rest in MULEs? Or am I missing something?
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
September 18 2015 06:18 GMT
#124
Disruptor is now a bit more viable.

And omg Cyclones
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Valon
Profile Joined June 2011
United States329 Posts
September 18 2015 06:29 GMT
#125
I love the macro changes (maybe still nerf mule a bit) but chrono and inject are pretty cool. Also, about time the liberator got nerfed! It was really boring to have to open up roaches every game just in case you needed ravagers to deal with liberator raids.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 06:29:48
September 18 2015 06:29 GMT
#126
So in theory Terran can go again full army with few SCVs in gas and rest in MULEs? Or am I missing something?


You need like 8 CC's but.. yeah
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
September 18 2015 06:30 GMT
#127
On September 18 2015 14:56 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 12:26 SCST wrote:
It's sad, really. I could see that glimmer of hope in people's eyes with the macro-patch. Everyone praising Kim. Praising the transparency and the bold decisions. I was almost sucked into the vortex of propaganda myself, too. But then I remembered who I was dealing with. And I thought: "these people are going to be burned; they forget that this is the one and only, David Kim. The master of false-hope and Starcraft seppuku."

Really people . . . we've had 5 years. We've had Broodlord-Infestor. We've had Mothership Core. We've had Swarm Hosts. We've had decisions that the vast majority of the community disagree with. We've had a declining viewership and player-base. And in response to the communities feedback? At best, we've had years of waiting for results. At worst, we've had crickets.

So to make it even more short and sweet: we've had this happen before. And now it's happening again. Surprise!

Never forget and never underestimate the laziness and egomania of the one and only David Kim. To paraphrase Greg "Idra" Fields:

"Something something tire iron . . . "


The melodrama is amusing, but unnecessary. I believe they've stated clearly that this week is part of their decision making, after which they will decide which manner of macro mechanics they will run with. I can understand the frustration, but it's preemptive and I think you should wait another week before cutting onions.


I'd be very surprised if they went back again, considering the limited time-frame until launch. I will gladly concede premature melodrama if there is a reversion next week. But at this point I am be willing to bet heavily that the status quo will continue and that LotV will end up a HotS clone. Because cloning HotS is really the easiest path for the development team, and 5 years of David Kim tells us that he will always take the easiest and laziest path possible - in other words: the path of the Dark Side.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
theOvercharge
Profile Joined September 2015
1 Post
September 18 2015 06:31 GMT
#128
Hope that cyclones are more useful now
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1198 Posts
September 18 2015 06:32 GMT
#129
Wohooo as terran, i love the patch. Queens with a surplus of energy can now queue injects ? Thats the best idea ever. If you forget inject you are still punished but you have a chance for comeback. Or is it shift-click any queen ? Dis gonna be gud.
"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
September 18 2015 06:35 GMT
#130
You meant path of the Real SC2 "Multitasking" and not some easy auto cast macro boosters right
AKMU / IU
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
September 18 2015 06:37 GMT
#131
On September 18 2015 15:29 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
So in theory Terran can go again full army with few SCVs in gas and rest in MULEs? Or am I missing something?


You need like 8 CC's but.. yeah

And I though they are reasonable. This change is just sad.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 06:45:46
September 18 2015 06:42 GMT
#132
You're focusing on Terran, and I'd like to see some more adjustments to Terran but Protoss and Zerg have had some big changes. I want them to fix the MULE issue somehow. If they put a range on orbitals like they had last patch, I'd be happy with the mechanics. The only thing that amazes me is how long they've taken to test all of this and arrive at the solution. It takes them so long it's actually pretty sad, it's like they can't make a decision using common sense and go from there. The current Zerg mechanics are great though, I wouldn't change them from here on. Zerg needs the flexibility of 4 larvae to open correctly on a variety of maps, and midgame pressure is not overly taxing on Zerg ( just played a game vs. a bio push with these mechanics and production was fine despite constant attention to micro.).
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
September 18 2015 06:43 GMT
#133
I like that they are trying many different things, the stacking thing feels like it keeps things the same early game(still as hard for new players) but is a big buff to zerg mid-late game. I would prefer doing it in a way where skilled players can put themselves apart through skill but lesser skilled players still feel like they can have time over for micro. Like an option for auto inject but at increased energy cost sounds like a great idea to me, it gives options to less skilled players and makes it easier and likely more fun to play while keeping a high skill ceiling.

The best option would obviously be to rebalance all the macro mechanics from scratch, to rebalance could be fine tuned after release as well so there's no excuse to not do this. Having injects on auto is great the problem is the other races macro mechanics. To be frank I have no idea what they could do to balance those out.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
September 18 2015 06:44 GMT
#134
On September 18 2015 15:42 crazedrat wrote:
You're focusing on Terran, and I'd like to see some more adjustments to Terran but Protoss and Zerg have had some big changes. I want them to fix the MULE issue somehow. If they put a range on orbitals like they had last patch, I'd be happy with the mechanics. The only thing that amazes me is how long they've taken to test all of this and arrive at the solution. It takes them so long it's actually pretty sad, it's like they can't make a decision using common sense and go from there. The current Zerg mechanics are great though, I wouldn't change them from here on.


I want them to fix the MULE issue somehow. If they put a range on orbitals like they had last patch, I'd be happy with the mechanics


Doesn't work very well if they can just bank energy, land within 30 range and then mule 4 times and lift off again. The previous implementation had a cooldown with no banking ability so you had to have every CC within range of the minerals and landed every minute or so
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
TheWinks
Profile Joined July 2011
United States572 Posts
September 18 2015 06:45 GMT
#135
On September 18 2015 13:45 ShambhalaWar wrote:
Apparently this doesn't mean anything:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/legacy-of-the-void/494703-poll-macro-booster-community-feedback

It's a bad poll in a sea of bad polls.
Beliskner
Profile Joined August 2015
111 Posts
September 18 2015 06:45 GMT
#136
On September 18 2015 15:00 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 14:56 Zealously wrote:
On September 18 2015 12:26 SCST wrote:
It's sad, really. I could see that glimmer of hope in people's eyes with the macro-patch. Everyone praising Kim. Praising the transparency and the bold decisions. I was almost sucked into the vortex of propaganda myself, too. But then I remembered who I was dealing with. And I thought: "these people are going to be burned; they forget that this is the one and only, David Kim. The master of false-hope and Starcraft seppuku."

Really people . . . we've had 5 years. We've had Broodlord-Infestor. We've had Mothership Core. We've had Swarm Hosts. We've had decisions that the vast majority of the community disagree with. We've had a declining viewership and player-base. And in response to the communities feedback? At best, we've had years of waiting for results. At worst, we've had crickets.

So to make it even more short and sweet: we've had this happen before. And now it's happening again. Surprise!

Never forget and never underestimate the laziness and egomania of the one and only David Kim. To paraphrase Greg "Idra" Fields:

"Something something tire iron . . . "


The melodrama is amusing, but unnecessary. I believe they've stated clearly that this week is part of their decision making, after which they will decide which manner of macro mechanics they will run with. I can understand the frustration, but it's preemptive and I think you should wait another week before cutting onions.


Can you quote where and how they say that? It was not mentioned in these patch notes



Sept 10. Community Feedback
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18596068245#1
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
September 18 2015 06:46 GMT
#137
On September 18 2015 07:46 -NegativeZero- wrote:
yep just as predicted, regardless of what blizz does with the macro mechanics, the majority of the responses will always be bitching and complaining.

I couldn't agree more!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 06:48:08
September 18 2015 06:47 GMT
#138
On September 18 2015 15:44 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 15:42 crazedrat wrote:
You're focusing on Terran, and I'd like to see some more adjustments to Terran but Protoss and Zerg have had some big changes. I want them to fix the MULE issue somehow. If they put a range on orbitals like they had last patch, I'd be happy with the mechanics. The only thing that amazes me is how long they've taken to test all of this and arrive at the solution. It takes them so long it's actually pretty sad, it's like they can't make a decision using common sense and go from there. The current Zerg mechanics are great though, I wouldn't change them from here on.


Show nested quote +
I want them to fix the MULE issue somehow. If they put a range on orbitals like they had last patch, I'd be happy with the mechanics


Doesn't work very well if they can just bank energy, land within 30 range and then mule 4 times and lift off again. The previous implementation had a cooldown with no banking ability so you had to have every CC within range of the minerals and landed every minute or so

Good point. I liked the previous iteration for Terran. The only problem was the lack of tension between scan and calldown supply and MULE. If they had those all on the same cooldown it would work for me and resolve the problem you're talking about.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 06:50:24
September 18 2015 06:50 GMT
#139
On September 18 2015 15:45 Beliskner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 15:00 Cyro wrote:
On September 18 2015 14:56 Zealously wrote:
On September 18 2015 12:26 SCST wrote:
It's sad, really. I could see that glimmer of hope in people's eyes with the macro-patch. Everyone praising Kim. Praising the transparency and the bold decisions. I was almost sucked into the vortex of propaganda myself, too. But then I remembered who I was dealing with. And I thought: "these people are going to be burned; they forget that this is the one and only, David Kim. The master of false-hope and Starcraft seppuku."

Really people . . . we've had 5 years. We've had Broodlord-Infestor. We've had Mothership Core. We've had Swarm Hosts. We've had decisions that the vast majority of the community disagree with. We've had a declining viewership and player-base. And in response to the communities feedback? At best, we've had years of waiting for results. At worst, we've had crickets.

So to make it even more short and sweet: we've had this happen before. And now it's happening again. Surprise!

Never forget and never underestimate the laziness and egomania of the one and only David Kim. To paraphrase Greg "Idra" Fields:

"Something something tire iron . . . "


The melodrama is amusing, but unnecessary. I believe they've stated clearly that this week is part of their decision making, after which they will decide which manner of macro mechanics they will run with. I can understand the frustration, but it's preemptive and I think you should wait another week before cutting onions.


Can you quote where and how they say that? It was not mentioned in these patch notes



Sept 10. Community Feedback
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18596068245#1


You are referring to this?

This really gives a good example of how we iterate and explore various things internally and it’s cool having everyone be a part of this.Please try to focus your feedback on which version is best for the game, and let us know so that we can make a good decision.


If that was their plan then at least a few lines asking for feedback on macro mechanics in the current patch notes would have helped stuff a lot.. It seems like they don't want to do anything but revert
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
September 18 2015 06:51 GMT
#140
Fucking hell it's crazy how bad my spawn larva is now.

Uh, granted I guess I forgot I could stack it. Lol, whoops.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 12227
StarCastTV_EN264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 285
Lowko232
ProTech107
Rex 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9504
EffOrt 4569
BeSt 1408
Larva 1061
Hyuk 858
ZerO 791
Horang2 689
Hyun 231
Zeus 229
Killer 169
[ Show more ]
Light 165
Stork 144
Barracks 120
Rush 71
Shinee 46
Yoon 42
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Terrorterran 28
Mong 24
PianO 19
Sacsri 17
HiyA 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
sorry 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 663
XcaliburYe358
League of Legends
KnowMe40
Counter-Strike
byalli829
Other Games
singsing1770
olofmeister1265
crisheroes241
Sick156
Mew2King52
ArmadaUGS40
Pyrionflax5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream51
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1975
• Stunt369
Other Games
• WagamamaTV168
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
30m
Rex42
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 30m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.