• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:34
CEST 22:34
KST 05:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8022 users

LotV Beta Balance Update — September 3 2015 - Page 12

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
341 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 04:51:39
September 05 2015 04:51 GMT
#221
I LOVE the new photon overcharge. It's extremely interesting both offensively and defensively, so props to Blizzard on this one. And I'm Terran! It also is so much more tactical than the old one, thank gosh.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
September 05 2015 08:35 GMT
#222
Opinion: Ugh, playing Zerg right now feels like playing a gloryfied game of Dota. And I love playing Dota - but when I want to play StarCraft, I want to play StarCraft, which means going back to my base, use my mechanics and do some injects, because that's fun for me.
I don't want to babysit my army all the time, it's so boring. I want the pressure of having to inject and bouncing around, of having to be faster than my opponent - dodging some stupid skillshots is absolutely not the same. If I want to do that I play - guess what - Dota.

A tough spot to be in...
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
September 05 2015 09:51 GMT
#223
Apart from all the auto cast nonsense, I am disappointed in zerg getting yet another double digit range unit. Zerg should be a short range melee swarm running over the enemy, not have 4 units at double digit range...

I want to play with MORE larva and lots of crappy short range units, not fewer units with 13 range. And I want it to be hard to get many larva! FFS, blizzard removing everything I love with zerg.
Deleted User 132135
Profile Joined December 2010
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 12:21:29
September 05 2015 11:39 GMT
#224
Bringing mules back instead of balancing terran around the removal of mules is rather stupid imo. But I am glad they test different things.

I could imagine 20-25 min mules tho. 40 or 45 is too forgiving and creates passivity of terran opponents, which is neither interesting to play nor to watch.


On September 05 2015 04:56 tQArchaic wrote:
I'm a long time Terran starcraft player (played in BW) and was so excited to see the mule removed I started playing LOV beta after quitting when HOTS came out. I hadn't had that much fun playing terran in SC2 since beta WOL. I can not believe they just added the Mule back to the game and made it autocast. Everyone hates the mule, why is it somehow essential to this game? Please lets KILL THE MULE!


Exactly this. Mules are the main reason for me to neither want to play nor watch SC2 (the same is defenitely true for alot of other people but they don't know the cause but only the result). They create boring, passive and single sided metagames. You barely can win anything when attacking and committing on attacking a terran on mules economy without all-ining in alot of situations of the game.

Funny fact about this is that alot/almost all people/pros haven't realized that over the years. This gives evidence how few of an idea they in fact have about the general factors and aspects of the game but became specialists in analysing if bunker build time and similar things should be nerfed or buffed a tiny bit.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 12:02:15
September 05 2015 12:01 GMT
#225
I LOVE the new photon overcharge. It's extremely interesting both offensively and defensively, so props to Blizzard on this one. And I'm Terran!


The #1 problem by a mile here i think is that while it may be somewhat more fun and tactical against terran/zerg (a few abuses aside, it's quite nice on the defense having lower range ones way more often that rely on pylon placement, can be sniped etc)

It doesn't work well in PvP. The main point of photon overcharge was to add significant defenders advantage to pvp after years of aggression like 4gates and pvp forcing every single map in existance to have a small ramp into the main and no rocks, because any flat ground or a wide opening to the main would mess up pvp. Now it doesn't provide the same defenders advantage, so why is it in the game? What about the old purpose that it has been silently fulfulling for the duration of HOTS, making pvp a much more stable and less map dependant matchup?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3560 Posts
September 05 2015 13:49 GMT
#226
On September 05 2015 21:01 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
I LOVE the new photon overcharge. It's extremely interesting both offensively and defensively, so props to Blizzard on this one. And I'm Terran!


The #1 problem by a mile here i think is that while it may be somewhat more fun and tactical against terran/zerg (a few abuses aside, it's quite nice on the defense having lower range ones way more often that rely on pylon placement, can be sniped etc)

It doesn't work well in PvP. The main point of photon overcharge was to add significant defenders advantage to pvp after years of aggression like 4gates and pvp forcing every single map in existance to have a small ramp into the main and no rocks, because any flat ground or a wide opening to the main would mess up pvp. Now it doesn't provide the same defenders advantage, so why is it in the game? What about the old purpose that it has been silently fulfulling for the duration of HOTS, making pvp a much more stable and less map dependant matchup?


PvP now is mostly adept vs adept at first which isnt very fun. Agree with your point on hots but with the chronoboost changes perhaps it s no longer an issue
Horang2 fan
acadien
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada9 Posts
September 05 2015 14:35 GMT
#227
On September 04 2015 21:32 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2015 21:29 ZenithM wrote:
On September 04 2015 15:37 Firkraag8 wrote:
The new chronoboost is pretty fucking terrible to manage with multiple nexuses, their goal was to make it less mechanically challenging but they actually made it harder. If I want to change a single chrono boosted building to something else I have to redo all of them anyways since there's no way I'll remember which nexus is doing which building and bother to manually select a nexus to change it.

Please just give us back the old one, it was fine as it was. Even the worst players knew how to chrono boost out their tech and stuff.. This is the first patch where I really really lost appetite to ladder in the beta.. Don't even get me started on automatically triggering Immortal shields on first hit lol..

I didn't think of this :D (I'm Terran and I thought the new chronoboost was the best of the 3 new mechanics). But surely once you've played some more games, you'll be used to having your first nexus always chronoing the same thing, your second nexus always chronoing this other thing, your 3rd yet another pre-defined building and so on (like control groups), right?


Which would still require you to actively think about chronoboost and apply it through clicking on the correct nexus(that you thought of first). And if you fuck it up, you gotta do it for all nexus again.

So I'm pretty sure this is at least the same work as before.


I don't get this complaint. I always have all my nexi on one control group. When I need to reset the chronoboosted structures, I select the control group, and reset all of the structures. So, let's say I have 2 stargate and 1 forge currently being chronoboosted, and the 4th nexus just completed and I want to add my 2nd forge to the chronoboosted structures, I just select the control group, and put the chrono on all 4 of the structures. This takes little time and little APM. No need to worry, now, where will I put nexus 1, and nexus 2, and nexus 3 ... I don't care which specific nexus is paired with a specific structures ... just that the correct structures benefit from the effect.

It didn't feel like I had to manage much at all, and once set, it's where I wanted it to be anyhow. Didn't have to jump back to base to reset chronoboost all the time. It seems like it does what it was suppose to do, still there, but very little required to micro manage it.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
September 05 2015 15:00 GMT
#228
Bringing mules back instead of balancing terran around the removal of mules is rather stupid imo. But I am glad they test different things.


You only say this because you have no idea how complicated it is to balance terran without mules.
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
September 05 2015 15:52 GMT
#229
The more I think about it, the more I really really dislike the pylon overcharge. In fact, the entire mothership core could just be removed and it'd probably be good for the game since you don't need it for defenders advantage now
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 17:00:48
September 05 2015 16:55 GMT
#230
On September 05 2015 22:49 WGT-Baal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2015 21:01 Cyro wrote:
I LOVE the new photon overcharge. It's extremely interesting both offensively and defensively, so props to Blizzard on this one. And I'm Terran!


The #1 problem by a mile here i think is that while it may be somewhat more fun and tactical against terran/zerg (a few abuses aside, it's quite nice on the defense having lower range ones way more often that rely on pylon placement, can be sniped etc)

It doesn't work well in PvP. The main point of photon overcharge was to add significant defenders advantage to pvp after years of aggression like 4gates and pvp forcing every single map in existance to have a small ramp into the main and no rocks, because any flat ground or a wide opening to the main would mess up pvp. Now it doesn't provide the same defenders advantage, so why is it in the game? What about the old purpose that it has been silently fulfulling for the duration of HOTS, making pvp a much more stable and less map dependant matchup?


PvP now is mostly adept vs adept at first which isnt very fun. Agree with your point on hots but with the chronoboost changes perhaps it s no longer an issue


Chronoboost doesn't really change that much about the expand dilemma in pvp (and forcing maps to be a certain way, as only certain base layouts are properly defendable). The warpgate change does somewhat tip the balance, but not entirely. The big Immortal nerf hurts defensive play, as power units (that the attacker can't afford to wait to walk across the whole map with) were often used in defense

-----------

Also, the talk of changing Adept to armored is scary. That would make them even better against protoss in some ways, because stalkers are really bad at killing anything that threatens your workers - even if it's armored. Their DPS to cost ratio is among the worst in the game. At least when you're defending with Adepts, you can kill the other adepts fairly easily by aiming to match their numbers plus one or two, then throwing in the mothership core.

Although 10 stalkers might now beat 14 adepts if adepts were changed to armored, you can still bet that those 14 adepts will kill an unrecoverable amount of probes before dieing. (adepts cost 100/25, stalker costs 125/50 so ~40% more with 100% extra gas cost)

---------

I think it's cute but not neccesarily needed in PvT/PvZ defense. It strongly improves PvP, though - HOTS PvP has been miles better than WOL for two main reasons: MSC and Maps. However the MSC allows a wider range of maps to be used, so that's part of both reasons.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Deleted User 132135
Profile Joined December 2010
702 Posts
September 05 2015 17:31 GMT
#231
On September 06 2015 00:00 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
Bringing mules back instead of balancing terran around the removal of mules is rather stupid imo. But I am glad they test different things.


You only say this because you have no idea how complicated it is to balance terran without mules.


I want the best results, not to go the easiest way.
StarscreamG1
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal1653 Posts
September 05 2015 17:50 GMT
#232
The pylon overcharge is great, just needs to be limited to super pylon and not all pylons.
haiyeah
Profile Joined July 2015
70 Posts
September 05 2015 17:59 GMT
#233
Is the end nigh yet again? The world has been predicted to end so many times now I'm starting to wonder if TL is a Jehovahs Witness organisation. I've been playing the patch as Terran and have noticed an improvement. The economy model is a lot more like it was before, which a lot of people liked, yet found too hard. And now, they've taken out some fluffy macro mechanics to assist in the increased difficulty. How they got there really doesn't matter. If you can afford to spend money, especially minerals, then you are expanding faster and able to have more multi-pronged harass. This is what SC is. Perfect economy upkeep, production, and attacking better and smarter than your opponent. Yes there are still problems, but what the fuck people? The beta doesn't end when the beta ends, the game is always going to be updated and eventually we'll find a happy medium of balance. They got close enough to it in the other games at times and they only have more experience now.

These are people trying to make a game, and maybe in a different reality it could be a better game. But there is such a huge lack of support from the community to the developers I genuinely feel bad for them. And everything they have done so far is making the game have more potential in the future. I'm getting a feeling there are a lot of people out there who have bad micro, I mean I got high EU masters with mostly micro so it could be true.

The truth is Macro is easy, if you understand how to play the game. It is no harder to learn a build than it is to play a novice piece of music. You learn the generic structure, how it feels, and through repetition you learn the ins and outs. The more builds you memorise the greater your depth of understanding in Macro is. Players like MVP knew how to improvise perfectly through this kind of understanding. The hard part of the game is taking that knowledge, and correctly enacting it whilst your opponent tries to distract you from doing so. Placing your attention at the correct place, at the correct time, for the most efficient duration. This is the hard part of SC2 and my point is that this is going no where. The units have to be balanced of course, but I really don't understand all the fear and misunderstanding, There are definitely some letting emotion cloud their logic.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
September 05 2015 18:56 GMT
#234
I actually really liked mules, just not the extent of the mineral advantage they provide. I would have just rather seen mules giving 15 minerals instead of 30, 40, 45 or whatnot, and attempt to balance around that.
Demosthenes13
Profile Joined December 2011
United States22 Posts
September 05 2015 20:04 GMT
#235
On September 04 2015 09:04 Tiaraju9 wrote:
The new chronoboost is a nightmare to use. You have to individually select the nexus if you want to put that nexus's chronoboost in some place. Imagine doing that with three nexus.

It's harder than inject.


I completely agree, you can't even have all your nexus's (nexi?) On one hot key and tab between them to chrono. But even if they fix that and u could I think it's still as apm intensive as old chrono
Don't let school get in the way of your education ~Twain
keglu
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland485 Posts
September 05 2015 20:59 GMT
#236
Any idea how blizzard plan to increase difficulty of playing Zerg after automating that big part of current Zerg gameplay?
Zerg is already most top league heavy race on the laddder. I can only imagine how it;s going to look witth amcro being so much easier.
Alcoatk
Profile Joined September 2015
1 Post
September 05 2015 21:32 GMT
#237
@DeadByDawn not sure hot the 'pylon rush' comes into play here, considering that to even get to get the mothership core, you need the cyber core, and I'm sure that by the time momma core is on her way to the enemy base, he/she would already have more than enough time to kill that pylon rush.
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
September 05 2015 21:40 GMT
#238
To be honest after what I see in this patch I don't have high hopes for Starcraft2 in the future
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 22:10:38
September 05 2015 22:00 GMT
#239
On September 06 2015 03:56 FabledIntegral wrote:
I actually really liked mules, just not the extent of the mineral advantage they provide. I would have just rather seen mules giving 15 minerals instead of 30, 40, 45 or whatnot, and attempt to balance around that.

Yes, they went too far back in the other direction now. I don't see what they're trying to do. I thought the whole point was to have the macro mechanics weaker, but 40 MULE is not a difference. Infact Orbitals are now stronger because they have free scans and supply drops added on. Give me back 4 larvae. What the hell are you thinking? Just go back to the standard macro mechanics and make them autocast, stop trying to change things you obviously are not capable of it.
Cloak
Profile Joined October 2009
United States816 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 22:57:40
September 05 2015 22:42 GMT
#240
Stalkers vs Adept is basically what PvP boils down to in the early game. Will we see things back to Stalker dominance?
The more you know, the less you understand.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 249
JuggernautJason121
Nina 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 186
firebathero 77
910 43
Trap 25
NaDa 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9492
Liquid`Hasu1755
crisheroes1724
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g6001
Liquid`RaSZi5418
Beastyqt830
shahzam468
B2W.Neo283
Pyrionflax143
KnowMe116
ArmadaUGS112
ZombieGrub102
IndyStarCraft 85
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream384
Other Games
BasetradeTV179
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 10
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix8
• Eskiya23 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.