• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:46
CEST 05:46
KST 12:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7895 users

Legacy of the Void Beta Patch 2.5.2 - Page 12

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
483 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 25 Next All
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
May 28 2015 15:16 GMT
#221
On May 28 2015 04:29 dust7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 04:26 Quateras wrote:And now its becoming more and more hots with 1 or 2 new units :S ugh
come on blizzard blow me away with massive changes please /o\

There won't be massive changes. At this point, Blizz is in the state of fine tuning the stats of units and that's all there is to come for LotV. A few people just need some more months of beta to realize this.


erm, didn't they just introduce a whole new unit?
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
May 28 2015 15:16 GMT
#222
Their attack range looks buggy. Why would it be possible to shoot further than what the circle shows.
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
May 28 2015 15:19 GMT
#223
On May 29 2015 00:16 Foxxan wrote:
Their attack range looks buggy. Why would it be possible to shoot further than what the circle shows.


According to nath you can apparently glitch it to have two working zones.
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
May 28 2015 15:19 GMT
#224
On May 29 2015 00:16 Foxxan wrote:
Their attack range looks buggy. Why would it be possible to shoot further than what the circle shows.

It can only attack in other liberator circles. It's kind of like the siege tank who can shoot further than it's vision range
Neosteel Enthusiast
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
May 28 2015 15:20 GMT
#225
Ok, thats pretty cool.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
May 28 2015 15:22 GMT
#226
On May 29 2015 00:16 Foxxan wrote:
Their attack range looks buggy. Why would it be possible to shoot further than what the circle shows.

Their ground attack has the range of 15, but they can only place red circle at the range of 7 I think and because of that they are able to shoot at the red circle area of other Liberators.

I thought that it was bugged at first, but if they really are working like this this can be interesting.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 15:28:09
May 28 2015 15:27 GMT
#227
IMO with 15 range it gets really hard to balance such a unit, because it gets so much better the more you have.

GL splitting your army decently vs a dozen of red "dots" that instakill any unit that touches one of them. From 15 range. Flying. It probably has smart targeting too, so they don't overkill. The unit isn't that expensive either, and it can be reactored.

Edit: Ok not really from 15 range, at least one of them needs to be at 7 range to cast the furthest away dot.
Revolutionist fan
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
May 28 2015 15:35 GMT
#228
Ok just saw this at legacy of the ultras, and then tested it myself.

Roaches can actually burrowmove at slow speed after roachspeed is researched. (without tunneling claws!) When you research tunneling claws they get increased burrowmove speed. I guess this is a bug?
Neosteel Enthusiast
Athenau
Profile Joined March 2015
589 Posts
May 28 2015 15:38 GMT
#229
GL splitting your army decently vs a dozen of red "dots" that instakill any unit that touches one of them. From 15 range. Flying. It probably has smart targeting too, so they don't overkill. The unit isn't that expensive either, and it can be reactored.


It's a projectile, so it does overkill (I've seen it happen several times on stream). I think it probably should require a reactor though.

Edit: Ok not really from 15 range, at least one of them needs to be at 7 range to cast the furthest away dot.


Every targeting circle has to have a Liberator within 7(?) range. So if you're using a forward Liberator to spot, you can snipe that one and the rest won't be able to fire.

The unit is really interesting IMO. It and the Lurker are the first real zone control units in this game. I don't know why they didn't change the tank to fit that role, but eh, I'll take what we can get. Slow pushes with this thing are really cool to watch.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 15:45:38
May 28 2015 15:41 GMT
#230
I was really confused about this unit. At first I thought it would only be able to attack into its own circle. Admittedly that's a bit confusing when you have multiple liberators, so being able to fire into all the circles which are within range makes sense, but it does mean that when you have 3+ liberators it's easy to cut off an entire attack path. I also reckoned it must be a tech lab unit, since having a 150/150 unit which you can make from a reactor seems excessive, but apparently this is possible. Of course any notion of sky terran would be silly with all the useful units hidden behind tech labs, so I can see why Blizzard made this decision, but it does seem extreme in other ways.

On May 29 2015 00:38 Athenau wrote:
Show nested quote +

GL splitting your army decently vs a dozen of red "dots" that instakill any unit that touches one of them. From 15 range. Flying. It probably has smart targeting too, so they don't overkill. The unit isn't that expensive either, and it can be reactored.

Edit: Ok not really from 15 range, at least one of them needs to be at 7 range to cast the furthest away dot.

Every targeting circle has to have a Liberator within 7(?) range. So if you're using a forward Liberator to spot, you can snipe that one and the rest won't be able to fire.

I think this is also confusing. It's a unit with 15 range and apparently even if you have vision you can't shoot at the max range unless randomly there is a liberator in between? There's not really an intuitive in-game reason for this to happen.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
May 28 2015 15:44 GMT
#231
On May 29 2015 00:38 Athenau wrote:
Show nested quote +
GL splitting your army decently vs a dozen of red "dots" that instakill any unit that touches one of them. From 15 range. Flying. It probably has smart targeting too, so they don't overkill. The unit isn't that expensive either, and it can be reactored.


It's a projectile, so it does overkill (I've seen it happen several times on stream). I think it probably should require a reactor though.

Show nested quote +
Edit: Ok not really from 15 range, at least one of them needs to be at 7 range to cast the furthest away dot.


Every targeting circle has to have a Liberator within 7(?) range. So if you're using a forward Liberator to spot, you can snipe that one and the rest won't be able to fire.

The unit is really interesting IMO. It and the Lurker are the first real zone control units in this game. I don't know why they didn't change the tank to fit that role, but eh, I'll take what we can get. Slow pushes with this thing are really cool to watch.


I 100% agree it's interesting and I also thought about the tank could have been great at fitting that role heh :D Just wanted to point out it gets hard to balance such a unit. See what happened to the tempest, altho everyone agrees that unit is oh so much more boring.
Revolutionist fan
Athenau
Profile Joined March 2015
589 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 15:47:13
May 28 2015 15:45 GMT
#232
On May 29 2015 00:41 Grumbels wrote:
I was really confused about this unit. At first I thought it would only be able to attack into its own circle. Admittedly that's a bit confusing when you have multiple liberators, so being able to fire into all the circles which are within range makes sense, but it does mean that when you have 3+ liberators it's easy to cut off an entire attack path. I also reckoned it must be a tech lab unit, since having a 150/150 unit which you can make from a reactor seems excessive, but apparently this is possible. Of course any notion of sky terran would be silly with all the useful units hidden behind tech labs, so I can see why Blizzard made this decision, but it does seem extreme in other ways.

If you're spreading out your targeting circles to cover a larger area, that means your Liberators are exposed since each one has to be within range 7 of its own circle. So there's a risk-reward mechanic there.

I dunno, I don't think sky-terran should be a thing (massing air units is terrible since they ignore terrain), so I don't like the lack of a reactor requirement, but as a supplement for ground based tech paths (bio or mech) the Liberator looks super cool.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
May 28 2015 15:48 GMT
#233
Maybe they'll start taking Starcraft more seriously after Heroes launches next week. They are working hard, and after that, they'll put all focus on Starcraft, and Legacy will be awesome...
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
May 28 2015 15:54 GMT
#234
On May 29 2015 00:48 Sakat wrote:
Maybe they'll start taking Starcraft more seriously after Heroes launches next week. They are working hard, and after that, they'll put all focus on Starcraft, and Legacy will be awesome...

Santa doesn't exist
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
May 28 2015 15:56 GMT
#235
On May 29 2015 00:54 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 00:48 Sakat wrote:
Maybe they'll start taking Starcraft more seriously after Heroes launches next week. They are working hard, and after that, they'll put all focus on Starcraft, and Legacy will be awesome...

Santa doesn't exist

It was a joke
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
May 28 2015 15:58 GMT
#236
On May 28 2015 23:56 purakushi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 21:47 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
I like the general chat, game feels more alive already. They just need to add back portraits and multiple windows and stuff.


Just need an updated BW interface like http://i.imgur.com/cmgDb.png

I would pay so much money for that.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
May 28 2015 15:59 GMT
#237
On May 29 2015 00:54 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 00:48 Sakat wrote:
Maybe they'll start taking Starcraft more seriously after Heroes launches next week. They are working hard, and after that, they'll put all focus on Starcraft, and Legacy will be awesome...

Santa doesn't exist

You are cruel.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
May 28 2015 16:01 GMT
#238
On May 29 2015 00:58 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 23:56 purakushi wrote:
On May 28 2015 21:47 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
I like the general chat, game feels more alive already. They just need to add back portraits and multiple windows and stuff.


Just need an updated BW interface like http://i.imgur.com/cmgDb.png

I would pay so much money for that.

Like 30-40 dollars for the addon?
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 16:04:33
May 28 2015 16:03 GMT
#239
On May 29 2015 00:58 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 23:56 purakushi wrote:
On May 28 2015 21:47 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
I like the general chat, game feels more alive already. They just need to add back portraits and multiple windows and stuff.


Just need an updated BW interface like http://i.imgur.com/cmgDb.png

I would pay so much money for that.

Sorry they will make more Abathur pyjamas instead
Neosteel Enthusiast
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-28 16:08:13
May 28 2015 16:05 GMT
#240
On May 29 2015 00:45 Athenau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 00:41 Grumbels wrote:
I was really confused about this unit. At first I thought it would only be able to attack into its own circle. Admittedly that's a bit confusing when you have multiple liberators, so being able to fire into all the circles which are within range makes sense, but it does mean that when you have 3+ liberators it's easy to cut off an entire attack path. I also reckoned it must be a tech lab unit, since having a 150/150 unit which you can make from a reactor seems excessive, but apparently this is possible. Of course any notion of sky terran would be silly with all the useful units hidden behind tech labs, so I can see why Blizzard made this decision, but it does seem extreme in other ways.

If you're spreading out your targeting circles to cover a larger area, that means your Liberators are exposed since each one has to be within range 7 of its own circle. So there's a risk-reward mechanic there.

I dunno, I don't think sky-terran should be a thing (massing air units is terrible since they ignore terrain), so I don't like the lack of a reactor requirement, but as a supplement for ground based tech paths (bio or mech) the Liberator looks super cool.

Well, I'll agree with you in not liking the idea of sky terran (not unless there is a serious redesign of air units and mechanics, which will never happen), but I think that if Blizzard does want to promote it that they can't have all air to ground units requiring tech labs because that makes the infrastructure too expensive, so that's why the lack of tech lab requirement for the liberator makes sense.

Actually, now that I think about it trying out something like sky terran seems like the sort of experiment which is doomed to fail but still potentially interesting for a lengthy beta process. I don't think that's really what Blizzard is doing here though.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 39
NotJumperer 16
Noble 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1011
NeuroSwarm199
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft411
Other Games
summit1g7349
Coldzera 763
JimRising 677
C9.Mang0393
PiGStarcraft261
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1037
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo985
• Rush792
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 14m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.