• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:16
CEST 00:16
KST 07:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7962 users

[Patch 4.14] Gnar General Discussion - Page 35

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 82 Next
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
August 18 2014 21:50 GMT
#681
That's interesting. I would have just assumed that he wasn't a good pick right now (not that it stopped me from playing him haha) just because I thought that the meta picks were good against him. Of course, I don't know who is the meta right now for top lane picks (could someone be so kind as to tell me who they are? Thanks!) but I just though that meta picks would just roll Darius.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 21:53:33
August 18 2014 21:50 GMT
#682
On August 19 2014 06:39 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I dunno, my personal thoughts are that she's very strong in the meta right now. The ADCs that are good against her (Corki, Sivir) are not in favor and she's good against Lucian as far as I can tell. You win lanes like Ezreal and you can just safe farm against a lot of lanes with Volley even from behind. Twitch is probably a hard matchup but Arrow kinda negates that at 6 and as long as your jungler comes bot a lot you basically always win a 2v3/3v3.

I'm gonna test more and see if I find any really unplayable matchups. I just dominated an Ezreal/Leona lane as Ashe/Morg in d1 even though my last hitting sucked. As long as you can get away with it I feel like double dorans -> avarice/zeal/zerks -> shiv -> IE is really strong.

In unrelated news, Darius is top tier right now for top laners, imo.

There is no adc in the game that doesn't win vs ezreal.Ashe/morg should win that lane easily dunno why is it surprising to you that you won it.

Twitch is hard for ashe?Why?Twitch is garbage in lane as well.

As I said her laning can be good the real problem is later.Her low damage and high utility don't compensate for no escape.

I have been having real big issues with lucian after last patch.Even though he is my favourite champ he is just so underwhelming :/.

Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 22:00:05
August 18 2014 21:51 GMT
#683
I assume Darius is a nice "fuck you" to the %DR used by the popular Maokai and Alistar to stay alive too.

Lucian wouldn't be so bad if they didn't pair the changes with itemisation changes that completely fucked over the lower ranged marksmen.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 18 2014 22:01 GMT
#684
loss forgiven on again lol 3 times in 3 days zzzzzzz
Carrilord has arrived.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 18 2014 22:05 GMT
#685
Darius absolutely smashes Mao and ali. It's pretty gross actually.
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
August 18 2014 22:08 GMT
#686
On August 19 2014 07:01 Slusher wrote:
loss forgiven on again lol 3 times in 3 days zzzzzzz

Be grateful, EUW doesnt even turn it on =D
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
August 18 2014 22:09 GMT
#687
These DDOS attacks are getting out of hand again
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
August 18 2014 22:23 GMT
#688
On August 19 2014 07:05 iCanada wrote:
Darius absolutely smashes Mao and ali. It's pretty gross actually.

i imagine he also dies to every gank LOL
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 18 2014 22:35 GMT
#689
yea this isn't playable
Carrilord has arrived.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 18 2014 22:42 GMT
#690
On August 19 2014 07:23 kongoline wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 07:05 iCanada wrote:
Darius absolutely smashes Mao and ali. It's pretty gross actually.

i imagine he also dies to every gank LOL


Darius is like Renekton and Heimer, in the category of, if you don't punish me for bullying before 6 I'll just kill you both.
Carrilord has arrived.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 18 2014 23:08 GMT
#691
On August 19 2014 07:42 Slusher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 07:23 kongoline wrote:
On August 19 2014 07:05 iCanada wrote:
Darius absolutely smashes Mao and ali. It's pretty gross actually.

i imagine he also dies to every gank LOL


Darius is like Renekton and Heimer, in the category of, if you don't punish me for bullying before 6 I'll just kill you both.


Yeah, kills the laner while baiting, then turns around, combos the jungler, grabs him when he tries to run and dunks him too.

lol.

Its a feast or famine lane for sure, but if there is no jungle intervention the Darius will be absolutely huuuge.

So that means that in soloqueue, he absolutely bodies these guys top.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 18 2014 23:43 GMT
#692
On August 19 2014 06:50 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 06:39 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I dunno, my personal thoughts are that she's very strong in the meta right now. The ADCs that are good against her (Corki, Sivir) are not in favor and she's good against Lucian as far as I can tell. You win lanes like Ezreal and you can just safe farm against a lot of lanes with Volley even from behind. Twitch is probably a hard matchup but Arrow kinda negates that at 6 and as long as your jungler comes bot a lot you basically always win a 2v3/3v3.

I'm gonna test more and see if I find any really unplayable matchups. I just dominated an Ezreal/Leona lane as Ashe/Morg in d1 even though my last hitting sucked. As long as you can get away with it I feel like double dorans -> avarice/zeal/zerks -> shiv -> IE is really strong.

In unrelated news, Darius is top tier right now for top laners, imo.

There is no adc in the game that doesn't win vs ezreal.Ashe/morg should win that lane easily dunno why is it surprising to you that you won it.

Twitch is hard for ashe?Why?Twitch is garbage in lane as well.

As I said her laning can be good the real problem is later.Her low damage and high utility don't compensate for no escape.

I have been having real big issues with lucian after last patch.Even though he is my favourite champ he is just so underwhelming :/.


I disagree that her damage is low. Volley and Shiv crits put out a ton of AoE. She has high range, a stun, and two ways to apply a constant slow. When was the last time you actually played Ashe? Also, it takes a competent team. I would never dream of picking her in low diamond, but in d1 she's actually quite strong.

Just so I'm clear as to what I should be explaining, what is your current tier/division?
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
August 18 2014 23:49 GMT
#693
but her damage is low, shiv is not ashe, shiv is an item anyone can have. only having 1 ability that deals damage is objectively less damage than any other adc and half her ults power budget is taken up in the fact its a global stun, its got mediocre damage and doesnt scale.

ashes damage is just objectively the lowest, thats not to say shes instantly terrible but its also not really a point up for discussion.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 23:53:19
August 18 2014 23:49 GMT
#694
On August 19 2014 08:43 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 06:50 nafta wrote:
On August 19 2014 06:39 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
I dunno, my personal thoughts are that she's very strong in the meta right now. The ADCs that are good against her (Corki, Sivir) are not in favor and she's good against Lucian as far as I can tell. You win lanes like Ezreal and you can just safe farm against a lot of lanes with Volley even from behind. Twitch is probably a hard matchup but Arrow kinda negates that at 6 and as long as your jungler comes bot a lot you basically always win a 2v3/3v3.

I'm gonna test more and see if I find any really unplayable matchups. I just dominated an Ezreal/Leona lane as Ashe/Morg in d1 even though my last hitting sucked. As long as you can get away with it I feel like double dorans -> avarice/zeal/zerks -> shiv -> IE is really strong.

In unrelated news, Darius is top tier right now for top laners, imo.

There is no adc in the game that doesn't win vs ezreal.Ashe/morg should win that lane easily dunno why is it surprising to you that you won it.

Twitch is hard for ashe?Why?Twitch is garbage in lane as well.

As I said her laning can be good the real problem is later.Her low damage and high utility don't compensate for no escape.

I have been having real big issues with lucian after last patch.Even though he is my favourite champ he is just so underwhelming :/.


I disagree that her damage is low. Volley and Shiv crits put out a ton of AoE. She has high range, a stun, and two ways to apply a constant slow. When was the last time you actually played Ashe? Also, it takes a competent team. I would never dream of picking her in low diamond, but in d1 she's actually quite strong.

Just so I'm clear as to what I should be explaining, what is your current tier/division?

http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=lainovoz

Yeah that part is something I dont exactly expect when I click play lol.

I get it you are excited you got d1 but including it in literally every single post is just annoying.

Ashe damage compared to other adc champs is low no clue how is that even debatable.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 19 2014 00:01 GMT
#695
I hate the "Ashe no escape" argument. It's kind of like the 500 range Lucian thing all over again. You can't judge her over a single aspect without looking at her kit as a whole.

Also Kog/Varus have no escape either. GG bad adc?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 19 2014 00:04 GMT
#696
'cause you know Kog deals double Ashe's dps or something from even farther range and he can easily bolster his MS from afar using his ult and the Rage passive.
Kog's easier to protect overall, and he has a much better midgame and laning phase. Then again it's Kog being broken in general.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 19 2014 00:10 GMT
#697
On August 19 2014 09:01 Sufficiency wrote:
I hate the "Ashe no escape" argument. It's kind of like the 500 range Lucian thing all over again. You can't judge her over a single aspect without looking at her kit as a whole.

Also Kog/Varus have no escape either. GG bad adc?

It comes down to "is this champ worth peeling for?".In varus/ashe case the answer most of the time is no.Sure they are good for teamplay and stuff but that isn't how you win in soloq.Your only strength being negated completely by an item that most supports buy and most people can just dodge is very underwhelming.

Hell I would argue that ashe is better the lower you go not higher.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 19 2014 00:17 GMT
#698
So uh, Ashe's damage is definitely pretty low. But that's obviously not why you pick her.

I think playing Ashe is kind of weird. As ADC you do not want to get focused; but say you are Ashe and your mid laner is ranged, the enemy team has little choice but to focus you first - because if they initiate on your mid laner, and especially if they are melee, they will get brutally kited by your 35% perm slow and volley. This, compounded with the fact that Ashe has no escape, makes the situation even worse for her.

That doesn't mean she is bad, but I feel Ashe requires a different build from other ADCs and she requires specific comps.

As far as comps, Ashe is kind of like Twisted Fate in a teamfight (no I am not talking about their globals). Because you have a pretty good slow, you can help your mid laner kite very efficiently - kind of like what TF can do for an ADC in a teamfight. So she needs a ranged mid laner with good damage/CC and coordinate with her. If your mid laner is something like TF/Orianna/Lulu you will be kiting flawlessly.

I think Ashe is not too demanding on damage on her build so long as her team has another source of ranged damage. So she can go Warmog/something else protective as a second item without any guilt.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
August 19 2014 00:26 GMT
#699
to be fair about the shiv argument, Ashe, like Yasuo can create garunteed multiple person shiv crits at the start of a fight.
Carrilord has arrived.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 00:40:31
August 19 2014 00:39 GMT
#700
One Ashe build (20+ games played already) I have been trying a lot recently is IE -> SotD -> Vamp Scepter -> BT/LW. I don't claim this is an optimal build in any situation, but it does increase her dueling power by quite a bit and sometimes the best way to get rid of those pesty assassins is to kill them faster than they kill you. It's also quite funny.

Ideally you can make 4 guaranteed crits when combined with her passive. Against a target with little bonus armor you can do around 1.2k damage in around 2 seconds in the mid game. But unfortunately that means you won't get last hit minions which can make you pretty sad. More realistically you probably want to auto 1-2 times, hopefully get a natural crit, then use SotD.

Assuming you do kill your target (best case scenario) your SotD will go on cooldown and your damage will take a pretty big dive. But you are Ashe! You don't need totally amazing DPS to be effective. Even with just zerker boots you will still be able to get 1+ hit per second fairly quickly, which is enough to perm slow whatever other "low threat" targets on the opposing team.

https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft204
Nina 84
ViBE56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14139
ZZZero.O 174
Dewaltoss 142
firebathero 97
Hyuk 72
Terrorterran 25
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto49
League of Legends
Doublelift3666
Counter-Strike
Fnx 833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5823
Other Games
summit1g6682
FrodaN2407
fl0m726
mouzStarbuck377
JimRising 276
KnowMe253
ToD207
ArmadaUGS142
Mew2King40
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• musti20045 34
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie789
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 44m
INu's Battles
13h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 44m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.