• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8263 users

[Patch 4.6] Twitch VU General Discussion - Page 54

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 146 Next
Updated TL LoL policy in regards to the use of "lomo"
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 21:17:55
April 27 2014 21:11 GMT
#1061
On April 27 2014 22:50 kongoline wrote:
imo somebody at riot NA took a lot of money said its ok without checking public opinion or even knowing about the timers, now they cant back out of the deal and we have things like riot LA saying its illegal and not allowing it in LCS

I didn't know that debating whether specific events took place was a matter of opinion.

Arguing about this is stupid. Riot's going to make a statement one way or another, and Curse Voice will be allowed or not.

I would prefer they go in the direction yango suggested. Reading from the game's memory rather than interacting through the API provided is really shady, and opens a huge can of worms. Having once played a game which was plagued by problems like that, I have seen the problems that can arise from it as people start doing more and more abusive things via the memory hooks.

If Riot then wants to make Ulti timers and baron/dragon timers available in the API, that's their perogative. I also would like if they updated the ally champion frames into that you have in the replay client. But allowing programs to read memory is a grey area that IMO, should just be a blacklisted thing to do categorically. \

For example, reading memory could do more here, like give access to enemy ultis if you saw them use it by calculating it from their CDR itemization and their current lolking runes and masteries?
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
April 27 2014 21:22 GMT
#1062
In other news, this is pretty funny:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4470144
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
April 27 2014 21:45 GMT
#1063
In other, other news, I'm going to start counting the number of failed promotional series' I get to see how many I actually fail before I can win one lol.

I think I'm on number 6 or 7 right now >.> Maybe even stream them since they become...weird, usually support wise, ala Sion.

I love Silver games.
Steam: rook492
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 27 2014 21:55 GMT
#1064
On April 28 2014 06:45 Crusnik wrote:
In other, other news, I'm going to start counting the number of failed promotional series' I get to see how many I actually fail before I can win one lol.

I think I'm on number 6 or 7 right now >.> Maybe even stream them since they become...weird, usually support wise, ala Sion.

I love Silver games.

I think i usually averaged 3-4 per promotion
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 22:10:17
April 27 2014 22:05 GMT
#1065
Arcade hecarim: wwy7r3kxnpuck9

im not sure if its working.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
April 27 2014 22:05 GMT
#1066
On April 28 2014 06:45 Crusnik wrote:
In other, other news, I'm going to start counting the number of failed promotional series' I get to see how many I actually fail before I can win one lol.

I think I'm on number 6 or 7 right now >.> Maybe even stream them since they become...weird, usually support wise, ala Sion.

I love Silver games.


<--- boosting service here
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
April 27 2014 22:34 GMT
#1067
On April 28 2014 07:05 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2014 06:45 Crusnik wrote:
In other, other news, I'm going to start counting the number of failed promotional series' I get to see how many I actually fail before I can win one lol.

I think I'm on number 6 or 7 right now >.> Maybe even stream them since they become...weird, usually support wise, ala Sion.

I love Silver games.


<--- boosting service here


I would rather do it myself, I hate boosters, and I'm also unboostable lol. Even my brother, who is a lot better than I am counter deal with the people I get during games, lol. And it's funny since he's around a Plat 2-3 level, give or take, just doesn't play Ranked that much.
Steam: rook492
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
April 27 2014 23:08 GMT
#1068
On April 28 2014 07:34 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2014 07:05 Sufficiency wrote:
On April 28 2014 06:45 Crusnik wrote:
In other, other news, I'm going to start counting the number of failed promotional series' I get to see how many I actually fail before I can win one lol.

I think I'm on number 6 or 7 right now >.> Maybe even stream them since they become...weird, usually support wise, ala Sion.

I love Silver games.


<--- boosting service here


I would rather do it myself, I hate boosters, and I'm also unboostable lol. Even my brother, who is a lot better than I am counter deal with the people I get during games, lol. And it's funny since he's around a Plat 2-3 level, give or take, just doesn't play Ranked that much.



I am joking lol.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
April 27 2014 23:19 GMT
#1069
>.>

TIL, trying to farm into relevance makes your team hate you because you dont fight when it's vamp/2x dorans vs a BT
Steam: rook492
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
April 27 2014 23:39 GMT
#1070
On April 28 2014 06:22 Ketara wrote:
In other news, this is pretty funny:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4470144


LMAO
11/10
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Ballsdeep or afk
Profile Joined November 2013
Great Britain31 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 00:01:30
April 27 2014 23:56 GMT
#1071
Now i know this is not entirely accurate but
[image loading]

how are we purple side from the result and from just looking at the leagues i dont see how we was favoured.
I could also ask you to guess which two people on my team mass fed but that might be verging on qq rather than why we are favoured
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
April 28 2014 00:18 GMT
#1072
elo hell
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Ballsdeep or afk
Profile Joined November 2013
Great Britain31 Posts
April 28 2014 00:20 GMT
#1073
no such thing i just want to know why we are favoured whne clearly it isn't the case.
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 28 2014 00:29 GMT
#1074
On April 28 2014 08:56 Ballsdeep or afk wrote:
Now i know this is not entirely accurate but
[image loading]

how are we purple side from the result and from just looking at the leagues i dont see how we was favoured.
I could also ask you to guess which two people on my team mass fed but that might be verging on qq rather than why we are favoured


MMR matters lp doesn't
:3
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 28 2014 00:31 GMT
#1075
Nasus, Leona, Riven low amount of ranked games played, which means after the placements their Elo can be quite volatile. You can't rely on this or even LP to have an accurate idea of the teams' standings.

It's like when in s3 I ended up with a Gold I Elo while still in Silver I because of clamping.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
SimulatedAnneal
Profile Joined March 2012
765 Posts
April 28 2014 00:42 GMT
#1076
On April 28 2014 02:09 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2014 02:04 Ketara wrote:
So that's probably a reason why they are apparently leaning towards banning it then.


Even so, merely timers themselves are NOT OK.

The nature of Curse's hack is no different from the 0 CD summoners hack or the 0 CD botrk proc hack or maphacks for other games. You make a program which reads the game client's memory.

If Curse's program only look at exactly what you see on your screen, then do some sort of text recognition to find the dragon timestamp, so be it - because such programs cannot be be stopped even on a theoretical level. This is clearly not the case here.

Any program that reads the game client's memory is NOT OK and SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

This is not at all accurate. All of your LoL examples require modifying the memory, not merely reading it. League was built to hide information from your client so that reading memory did not provide additional useful information and the maphacks of yore would not work. Occasionally they mess up as with animations/sfx playing in the fog but those are fixed as the bugs they are.
Ballsdeep or afk
Profile Joined November 2013
Great Britain31 Posts
April 28 2014 00:43 GMT
#1077
On April 28 2014 09:31 Alaric wrote:
Nasus, Leona, Riven low amount of ranked games played, which means after the placements their Elo can be quite volatile. You can't rely on this or even LP to have an accurate idea of the teams' standings.

It's like when in s3 I ended up with a Gold I Elo while still in Silver I because of clamping.


i guess just unlucky i have them before there real elo settles then.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
April 28 2014 01:57 GMT
#1078
Dear TL.

I thought that LCS rules were that LCS teams were not allowed to have sister teams.

So, are Cloud 9 and Cloud 9 Tempest and Cloud 9 Eclipse not sister teams then?

I don't get it.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
April 28 2014 01:58 GMT
#1079
On April 28 2014 10:57 Ketara wrote:
Dear TL.

I thought that LCS rules were that LCS teams were not allowed to have sister teams.

So, are Cloud 9 and Cloud 9 Tempest and Cloud 9 Eclipse not sister teams then?

I don't get it.

It's no sister teams in LCS.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
April 28 2014 01:59 GMT
#1080
So lets say Cloud 9 Tempest wins an LCS spot. What do?
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 146 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48166
Hyuk 1432
Jaedong 809
EffOrt 462
Soma 426
Horang2 386
Soulkey 380
actioN 339
BeSt 335
Mini 318
[ Show more ]
Light 270
Last 267
Zeus 259
Stork 237
910 184
Larva 171
ggaemo 146
Snow 124
Rush 112
ZerO 92
Pusan 83
Killer 81
Mind 67
Shine 53
JYJ 44
Creator 43
Sharp 43
Shinee 36
hero 32
Free 31
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
Terrorterran 14
Noble 14
sorry 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi642
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff247
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1652
crisheroes1063
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2048
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax273
byalli264
DeMusliM254
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King88
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8m
Rex113
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 8m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.