• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:02
CEST 22:02
KST 05:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8864 users

[Patch 3.15] Yasuo General Discussion - Page 16

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 224 Next
Celial
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
2602 Posts
December 14 2013 05:13 GMT
#301
On December 14 2013 14:06 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2013 13:39 AsmodeusXI wrote:
LUNAR REVEL DIANA!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/12/1213-pbe-update.html#more

I'll buy it when Diana is decent again. More importantly, another Riven skin! Woot!


Jungle Diana pretty good.
Do not regret. Always forward, never back.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
December 14 2013 05:14 GMT
#302
I dont think Yasuo is as OP as was expected.

He has a lot of things, but his base stats are just awful. Every single one I have seen has just fed hard.

I dunno, I dont think glass cannon style melee carries are a thing, and they just dont make sense as one. I dunno, I'd say Shyvana or Nasus much more "melee Carrie."

Yasuo is more of a melee do nothing or get blown up.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 14 2013 05:15 GMT
#303
The trick to Yasuo is to max Q last imo
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 05:18:57
December 14 2013 05:16 GMT
#304
On December 14 2013 14:14 iCanada wrote:
I dont think Yasuo is as OP as was expected.

He has a lot of things, but his base stats are just awful. Every single one I have seen has just fed hard.

I dunno, I dont think glass cannon style melee carries are a thing, and they just dont make sense as one. I dunno, I'd say Shyvana or Nasus much more "melee Carrie."

Yasuo is more of a melee do nothing or get blown up.

"Light fighters" as Riot likes to call them always have a rough start. It will take a bit before people understand his limits.

Hatespike changed to physical, now Eve can use Lizard again. Riot hates the rest of the league, it's official.
Celial
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
2602 Posts
December 14 2013 05:16 GMT
#305
On December 14 2013 14:14 iCanada wrote:
I dont think Yasuo is as OP as was expected.

He has a lot of things, but his base stats are just awful. Every single one I have seen has just fed hard.

I dunno, I dont think glass cannon style melee carries are a thing, and they just dont make sense as one. I dunno, I'd say Shyvana or Nasus much more "melee Carrie."

Yasuo is more of a melee do nothing or get blown up.


I had one in ranked today who beat a Singed HARD. Like two levels ahead and double the cs at minute seven.
Do not regret. Always forward, never back.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 05:21:38
December 14 2013 05:17 GMT
#306
On December 14 2013 14:16 Celial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2013 14:14 iCanada wrote:
I dont think Yasuo is as OP as was expected.

He has a lot of things, but his base stats are just awful. Every single one I have seen has just fed hard.

I dunno, I dont think glass cannon style melee carries are a thing, and they just dont make sense as one. I dunno, I'd say Shyvana or Nasus much more "melee Carrie."

Yasuo is more of a melee do nothing or get blown up.


I had one in ranked today who beat a Singed HARD. Like two levels ahead and double the cs at minute seven.

Makes no sense, I don't see any reason for him to do well vs Singed ;S

The biggest issue I have is that Q gets dodged.

v contribute?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 05:23:45
December 14 2013 05:17 GMT
#307
On December 14 2013 14:15 Shikyo wrote:
The trick to Yasuo is to max Q last imo


....

that's like saying to max fear then spellshield on nocturne. Or E then W on Renekton.

Bad. Bad bad bad, don't do this. Q is Yasuo's only ranged damage and his primary source of damage. Extra points in Windwall aren't anything to go crazy over either. And his E's base damage is really low and the cast time is super high and it's MAGIC damage on someone who needs armorpen.

And Yasuo isn't an easy champion by any means, he's definitely got one of the more complex kits.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 14 2013 05:23 GMT
#308
I think the real trick to Yasuo is to not build IE. Almost 4k gold for a purely damage item on a champion that already has pretty nuts innate damage but has absolutely terrible defensive stats outside of a long cd situational wall seems dumb. I think builds that go for Shiv and/or Triforce plus LW as the only damage items then tank out will probably be more effective. Getting 100% crit is cool and all, but honestly once you get over 50% crit your damage output is already greatly amplified; any more is overkill.

You do no damage while dead and building IE on perhaps one of the squishiest melee champions in the game seems like a surefire way to get dead fast.
lega
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada290 Posts
December 14 2013 05:24 GMT
#309
You don't have to follow Riot's plan building him into a glass canon. Tri force into Sunfire/randuine, etc. His passive works great with tanky items.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 14 2013 05:25 GMT
#310
Okay.

The Q cooldown is only reduced by 1 second total when leveling it. Due to aspd it's less than that, so probably more like 0.15 - 0.2s per level. In addition, it's only a 20 dmg increase per level.

If you max the E stacks, it's 140 dmg at level 1 and 180 at level 2. This is some of the highest base damage in the game, which is quite powerful when combined with low cooldown(6 at max, while dealing 300 dmg) and the opponent not getting magic resistance.

As for maxing W, it lets you double shield for trades. E in, proc shield, trade, E on 3-4 minions, shield again, trade. That's the experimental part, but I'd definitely max E over Q currently.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Celial
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
2602 Posts
December 14 2013 05:26 GMT
#311
On December 14 2013 14:17 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2013 14:16 Celial wrote:
On December 14 2013 14:14 iCanada wrote:
I dont think Yasuo is as OP as was expected.

He has a lot of things, but his base stats are just awful. Every single one I have seen has just fed hard.

I dunno, I dont think glass cannon style melee carries are a thing, and they just dont make sense as one. I dunno, I'd say Shyvana or Nasus much more "melee Carrie."

Yasuo is more of a melee do nothing or get blown up.


I had one in ranked today who beat a Singed HARD. Like two levels ahead and double the cs at minute seven.

Makes no sense, I don't see any reason for him to do well vs Singed ;S

The biggest issue I have is that Q gets dodged.

v contribute?


Singed wanted to get up in his face all the time. Yasuo just bought vamp scepter on first back and spammed Q. Singed squish as fuck before he gets his first one two items. Yasuo was more than willing to brawl with Singed. He also used his dash every time Singed flipped him to get out of the poison trail.
Do not regret. Always forward, never back.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 14 2013 05:27 GMT
#312
People seem to think that his passive doubling the power of crit items means he should be buying more offensive items. Personally I think it's the opposite. His passive doubling the power of crit items means he should be spending half as much gold on offensive items in order to get the same amount of dps as other champs. Not the opposite. IE seems like it'd be a neat luxury/snowball buy but as a core I'm kinda dubious.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
December 14 2013 05:27 GMT
#313
On December 14 2013 14:17 Dusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2013 14:15 Shikyo wrote:
The trick to Yasuo is to max Q last imo


....

that's like saying to max fear then spellshield on nocturne. Or E then W on Renekton.

Bad. Bad bad bad, don't do this. Q is Yasuo's only ranged damage and his primary source of damage. Extra points in Windwall aren't anything to go crazy over either. And his E's base damage is really low and the cast time is super high and it's MAGIC damage on someone who needs armorpen.

And Yasuo isn't an easy champion by any means, he's definitely got one of the more complex kits.

You've never seen my AP Nocturne max E for massive fear dmg?
God Bless
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
December 14 2013 05:31 GMT
#314
On December 14 2013 14:27 Ryuu314 wrote:
People seem to think that his passive doubling the power of crit items means he should be buying more offensive items. Personally I think it's the opposite. His passive doubling the power of crit items means he should be spending half as much gold on offensive items in order to get the same amount of dps as other champs. Not the opposite. IE seems like it'd be a neat luxury/snowball buy but as a core I'm kinda dubious.


Basically this. I want to try a jungle tank Yasuo with him going Golem or Lizard > Atma > Sunfire/Randuins. Actually, gonna do that now in a bot game, back in 30 min. or so.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 14 2013 05:59 GMT
#315
Perhaps. Guardian Angel has brilliant synergy with him, though, and generally doesn't require a second item.

Randuin's Omen / Banshee's Veil could be a good combination though
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
December 14 2013 06:16 GMT
#316
I want to see a Yasuo build that's like

IE > Trinity > GA

Maybe a Hexdrinker in there at some point.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 06:20:56
December 14 2013 06:17 GMT
#317
So I went jungle tank Yasuo, went Lizard > Atma > Sunfire > SV > Zephyr with Greaves. I'd recommend Golem over Lizard for tenacity and more HP so that when you get Atma you get more AD. Sunfire and SV felt fine, and with that build I could dive under turrets and not feel like I was about to die. Probably the cutest thing with the Golem + SV + Zephyr is you're above 40% CDR so your ult at level 16 is at an 18s cd.
MooMooMugi
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States10531 Posts
December 14 2013 06:19 GMT
#318
Or you can go hard and get Sword of the Divine, always crit never not crit
|LoL & SC2 IGN both my username| Just livin' the baylife| Hearthstone ID: MooMooMugi#1544| Dank Memer since 2011
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 06:23:55
December 14 2013 06:23 GMT
#319
How low does his CD on his Q get based on AS, and how often can you get nado's off?
Atma's+shiv+ridiculous amount of health/resist items as a build?
liftlift > tsm
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 06:26:23
December 14 2013 06:24 GMT
#320
On December 14 2013 15:23 wei2coolman wrote:
How low does his CD on his Q get based on AS, and how often can you get nado's off?
Atma's+shiv+ridiculous amount of health/resist items as a build?


Well, if you get max AS or max CDR, I think I had his Q going off every 1.5s, so a tornado every 4-5s I think if you just mash and hit a target with Q every time?

And maybe? I dunno, coming out of jungle it'd be rough. If you were laning then I think you'd have to go Atma > HP+resist item > Shiv > HP+resist item and have Merc Treads for Tenacity so you can be front line tanky and still deal damage and not get hard CCed.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 224 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1469
RotterdaM980
TaKeTV 383
IndyStarCraft 190
SteadfastSC174
ZombieGrub105
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1469
RotterdaM 980
MaxPax 193
IndyStarCraft 190
SteadfastSC 174
RuFF_SC2 120
ZombieGrub105
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2719
Shuttle 491
Dewaltoss 108
910 68
Mind 59
Bale 15
Counter-Strike
fl0m3788
pashabiceps1160
Fnx 695
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu767
Other Games
Grubby3793
summit1g2316
Beastyqt756
shahzam440
mouzStarbuck423
ToD202
C9.Mang0163
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 199
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 23
• 80smullet 18
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade364
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 58m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 58m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.