• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8883 users

[Patch 3.12] (j/k) Jinx General Discussion - Page 88

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 383 Next
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
October 07 2013 19:25 GMT
#1741
hey so guys im making a pick-centric infographic, all about the picks of WC and some about the picks of S3 summer overall (with 601 games). What kinda stats would you guys like to see?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 07 2013 19:29 GMT
#1742
Would like to see picks separated by patches with the major patch changes maybe marked or just mentioned.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
October 07 2013 19:29 GMT
#1743
They should just give everyone a flash, make it a 5 min CD and then create more interesting summoners and still give us 2. Win-win
hi
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 07 2013 19:30 GMT
#1744
On October 08 2013 04:10 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:08 Gahlo wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:58 onlywonderboy wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:49 Numy wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:46 Fusilero wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:44 thenexusp wrote:
Flash is the coolest summoner, hands down. I would even prefer "Every champ now gets flash for free, but only one other summoner spell slot" over many solutions proposed so far.

The problem there is the existence of singed and olaf who in most situations would rather use ghost especially singed who wants that TP or ignite as well.
Those two anarchists really do throw a spanner into flash discussion since ghost is better on them.


They don't throw a spanner in anything. 2 out of 115 is not a spanner. That's insignificant.

On October 08 2013 03:45 Gahlo wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:42 Nos- wrote:
Limiting summoner spells would put a terrible restriction on the already fairly small pool of competitively viable heros I feel.

50+ isn't small.

Never heard this one before. It is small but I don't think that has to do with flash.

I think his point is 50 is still a lot of champs even though it's only a small portion of the total champs. I don't quite agree, I wish there was a little more variety, but I don't think every single champ needs to be competitive 100% of the time.

50+ champions were played in groups at worlds.

Does this include the troll games mineski and TSM played though?

I believe it was over 50 before then.

I think it was Monte that was tracking it?
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 19:33:07
October 07 2013 19:30 GMT
#1745
On October 08 2013 04:25 spellsy wrote:
hey so guys im making a pick-centric infographic, all about the picks of WC and some about the picks of S3 summer overall (with 601 games). What kinda stats would you guys like to see?

I'd like to see the effect of patches on previously dominating champs like muramana jayce, TF or visage zac.
Also this may be a bit specific but the rate of multi role champs (Like elise jungle/top or ezreal mid/ADC)
Glorious SEA doto
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
October 07 2013 19:31 GMT
#1746
On October 08 2013 04:07 Requizen wrote:
That's because the counterplay to Flash is Flash. Faker showed us that.

I just don't think there's a downside to Flash, given how strong it is. Most have what I would call "incidental" downsides - Ghost is still running and can be countered by slows/CC, Exhaust can be useless if they jump/Flash away during the duration, Barrier has a relatively short duration, etc - but Flash is just bam done. In any situation where you want to use Flash, there's often no reason not to other than the CD, which still doesn't feel long enough to matter despite the numerous nerfs.


You could always, you know, Ghost away from a character Ghosting at you.

On October 08 2013 04:15 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:02 cLutZ wrote:
On October 08 2013 00:46 Kupon3ss wrote:
On October 08 2013 00:16 Alaric wrote:
Had a discussion about this with a DotA guy who was appalled that Flash was still in the game despite being so superior to other summoners for most champions and swearing that it was the mother of all devils and Flash should at least be given for free to each champ, then 2 other summoner spells slots.

My TL;DR to him was "even if you buff Ghost to godly amounts, it won't change anything as long as the speed boost takes 2s to give you what Flash gives instantly. League fights are determined so fast that the instant character of Flash will always make it relevant, be it defensively, or offensively (see Renek, Udyr and Shen taking it over Ghost because it lets them flash-cc people or bypass slows to get in melee range)".
The TL;DR of the TL;DR is "bring back early s3 health-stacking meta for 15+ seconds fights if you want Ghost over Flash ('cept on marksmen)".


Ghost doesn't have to be strictly better than flash, it just been to be better in certain situations. Honestly, with some of the tempos of the Chinese and Korean teams, just giving Ghost say an 120 second cooldown will make it an actual choice between the two for many champions. (more likely just flash/ghost but the point is you can buff other summoners to easily rival the effectiveness of flash in non-symmetric ways)

On October 08 2013 03:46 Fusilero wrote:
On October 08 2013 03:44 thenexusp wrote:
Flash is the coolest summoner, hands down. I would even prefer "Every champ now gets flash for free, but only one other summoner spell slot" over many solutions proposed so far.

The problem there is the existence of singed and olaf who in most situations would rather use ghost especially singed who wants that TP or ignite as well.
Those two anarchists really do throw a spanner into flash discussion since ghost is better on them.


Im coming a bit late to the Summoners discussion, but the plight of Ghost is fairly evident, and it better illustrates how much Riot misunderstands the power of Flash.

Characters like Olaf, Singed, Vlad, and Hecarim use or used Ghost really well, and were nerfed fairly hard because of it. Some others like Nasus, Jax, Mundo, Irelia, and Udyr use Ghost pretty well, but not to that level. Many of them also are discouraged in some way to take Ghost.

All this happens because Riot looks at a character using Ghost to be doing something, for lack of a better word, unnatural. Olaf and Singed (when he had tenacity) would Ghost-Ult and run where ever they wanted Riot then said things like "what can you do to counterplay a Ghost-Ult Singed/Olaf." I would say very little, but there is much more counterplay to that than facing off against an Amumu/Malphite/Annie/Galio/Lissandra/Sejuani Flash-Ulting you. Thus, I think the most evident problem with Flash, is seen in Ghost-reliant-champs falsely being seen as OP.

Jax can E-flash to stun you. Can't Ghost-E with the same reliability, especially as an initiation. That's what I mentioned with Udyr/Renekton/Shen preferring Flash despite Ghost being better for them on paper: even when you already have a gap closer, the instant nature of Flash synergises way better with everything cc or burst (eg. "kill before they flash/dash/barrier").
Apart from Hecarim (for obvious reasons), most champs using Ghost over Flash don't have cc nor bust (or weak ones): Olaf, Shyvana, Vlad etc.


That is why I said "Pretty well", maybe I should have written "situtationally". In any case, my point was essentially that given the amount of lane safety you give up by taking Ghost over Flash, the ability to go over walls lategame, and other general playmaking ability, its fairly hard to justify nerfing the "strong" uses of Ghost.
Freeeeeeedom
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 07 2013 19:32 GMT
#1747
On October 08 2013 04:25 spellsy wrote:
hey so guys im making a pick-centric infographic, all about the picks of WC and some about the picks of S3 summer overall (with 601 games). What kinda stats would you guys like to see?

Maybe a bit niche, but would it be possible to see wins on champs depending on blue/purple side? It likely doesn't matter all that much, but it would be interesting to see if there are any outliers that excel on one side or the other.
It's your boy Guzma!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 07 2013 19:33 GMT
#1748
On October 08 2013 04:31 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:07 Requizen wrote:
That's because the counterplay to Flash is Flash. Faker showed us that.

I just don't think there's a downside to Flash, given how strong it is. Most have what I would call "incidental" downsides - Ghost is still running and can be countered by slows/CC, Exhaust can be useless if they jump/Flash away during the duration, Barrier has a relatively short duration, etc - but Flash is just bam done. In any situation where you want to use Flash, there's often no reason not to other than the CD, which still doesn't feel long enough to matter despite the numerous nerfs.


You could always, you know, Ghost away from a character Ghosting at you.

Ghost can be soft countered by slows and CC. Flash cannot.
It's your boy Guzma!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 07 2013 19:34 GMT
#1749
I've started using ghost a lot more on a lot of top champions. I think if you ward properly the shorter CD of Ghost is just as good as flash, and better in certain situations.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 07 2013 19:35 GMT
#1750
On October 08 2013 04:34 wei2coolman wrote:
I've started using ghost a lot more on a lot of top champions. I think if you ward properly the shorter CD of Ghost is just as good as flash, and better in certain situations.

Ghost shen is like king bitch he just split pushes and is a pain in the ass to catch since he can already dash over walls alongside his tankiness. But flash taunt is too good to abandon.
Glorious SEA doto
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 19:44:40
October 07 2013 19:35 GMT
#1751
I just wanna play Olaf! But these jerks pick Riven then.
People are dicks. :<

Also EUW still destroyed.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Lounge
Profile Joined November 2011
537 Posts
October 07 2013 19:38 GMT
#1752
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Season_3_World_Championship/Statistics#Picks_and_Bans_Statistic

If you want to discount all the 1-off champions I think it's 51 total. Although you could argue many of them were viable picks that just didn't see play.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
October 07 2013 19:41 GMT
#1753
On October 07 2013 07:59 TheYango wrote:
In theory GP's strongest timing should be level 9-11 with rank 2 ult and 5 points in Raise Morale.


How do you come to this conclusion?

I only ask because even though I can't play or watch, reading TL and the LoL wiki have helped me learn a lot. And seeing as I can't play or watch for another... 14 months (sigh), I'm interested in learning how to better understand a champion's power curves.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
October 07 2013 19:45 GMT
#1754
On October 08 2013 04:41 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 07:59 TheYango wrote:
In theory GP's strongest timing should be level 9-11 with rank 2 ult and 5 points in Raise Morale.


How do you come to this conclusion?

I only ask because even though I can't play or watch, reading TL and the LoL wiki have helped me learn a lot. And seeing as I can't play or watch for another... 14 months (sigh), I'm interested in learning how to better understand a champion's power curves.

Strong damage boost with raise morale and lvl2 ult for a midgame timing I would think
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-07 19:49:10
October 07 2013 19:47 GMT
#1755
On October 08 2013 04:41 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 07:59 TheYango wrote:
In theory GP's strongest timing should be level 9-11 with rank 2 ult and 5 points in Raise Morale.


How do you come to this conclusion?

I only ask because even though I can't play or watch, reading TL and the LoL wiki have helped me learn a lot. And seeing as I can't play or watch for another... 14 months (sigh), I'm interested in learning how to better understand a champion's power curves.

Not yango but raise morale gives him lots of stats and the active is a very strong steroid (Even if it is a massive "I'M GOING TO ALL IN YOU" choreograph) so by 5 points he should be able to overpower most tops 1v1 due to how much it gives to him in terms of raw numbers. I actually think gp's strongest timing is level 1 like Q into a few swipes can just win you the lane then and there as the passive hurts so hard and is hard to get away from.
This is ofc assuming that it is the timing you aim for with lane bully GP instead of the trade heavy W max with wits end Korean build or the ricing bankplank.
Glorious SEA doto
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 07 2013 19:50 GMT
#1756
On October 08 2013 04:35 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:34 wei2coolman wrote:
I've started using ghost a lot more on a lot of top champions. I think if you ward properly the shorter CD of Ghost is just as good as flash, and better in certain situations.

Ghost shen is like king bitch he just split pushes and is a pain in the ass to catch since he can already dash over walls alongside his tankiness. But flash taunt is too good to abandon.

I really like Flash + Ghost, it's pretty damn beast.
liftlift > tsm
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 07 2013 19:52 GMT
#1757
On October 08 2013 04:50 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:35 Fusilero wrote:
On October 08 2013 04:34 wei2coolman wrote:
I've started using ghost a lot more on a lot of top champions. I think if you ward properly the shorter CD of Ghost is just as good as flash, and better in certain situations.

Ghost shen is like king bitch he just split pushes and is a pain in the ass to catch since he can already dash over walls alongside his tankiness. But flash taunt is too good to abandon.

I really like Flash + Ghost, it's pretty damn beast.

I don't like no ignite shen, I feel like I don't have enough kill pressure without ignite I can get them low but without ignite I feel like I can never finish the job unless they screw up.
Glorious SEA doto
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
October 07 2013 19:54 GMT
#1758
On October 08 2013 04:45 Nos- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:41 JonGalt wrote:
On October 07 2013 07:59 TheYango wrote:
In theory GP's strongest timing should be level 9-11 with rank 2 ult and 5 points in Raise Morale.


How do you come to this conclusion?

I only ask because even though I can't play or watch, reading TL and the LoL wiki have helped me learn a lot. And seeing as I can't play or watch for another... 14 months (sigh), I'm interested in learning how to better understand a champion's power curves.

Strong damage boost with raise morale and lvl2 ult for a midgame timing I would think


everyone knows GPs strongest timing is dat level 1 crit rune.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
October 07 2013 19:54 GMT
#1759
On October 08 2013 04:33 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:31 cLutZ wrote:
On October 08 2013 04:07 Requizen wrote:
That's because the counterplay to Flash is Flash. Faker showed us that.

I just don't think there's a downside to Flash, given how strong it is. Most have what I would call "incidental" downsides - Ghost is still running and can be countered by slows/CC, Exhaust can be useless if they jump/Flash away during the duration, Barrier has a relatively short duration, etc - but Flash is just bam done. In any situation where you want to use Flash, there's often no reason not to other than the CD, which still doesn't feel long enough to matter despite the numerous nerfs.


You could always, you know, Ghost away from a character Ghosting at you.

Ghost can be soft countered by slows and CC. Flash cannot.


That is not a reason to keep Ghost champs artificially weak though.
Freeeeeeedom
Vegetarian Wolf
Profile Joined May 2010
China434 Posts
October 07 2013 19:55 GMT
#1760
On October 08 2013 04:52 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2013 04:50 wei2coolman wrote:
On October 08 2013 04:35 Fusilero wrote:
On October 08 2013 04:34 wei2coolman wrote:
I've started using ghost a lot more on a lot of top champions. I think if you ward properly the shorter CD of Ghost is just as good as flash, and better in certain situations.

Ghost shen is like king bitch he just split pushes and is a pain in the ass to catch since he can already dash over walls alongside his tankiness. But flash taunt is too good to abandon.

I really like Flash + Ghost, it's pretty damn beast.

I don't like no ignite shen, I feel like I don't have enough kill pressure without ignite I can get them low but without ignite I feel like I can never finish the job unless they screw up.


Well, unless you're much better than them (in which case it won't matter really), Shen is not meant to threaten any kills in lane at all, and late game, the potential kill potential lost out by the lack of ignite is usually far outweighed by the benefits of another summoner.
Awooo...
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason92
BRAT_OK 53
Railgan 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17019
Mini 361
Dewaltoss 187
Hyuk 134
ggaemo 117
firebathero 105
ZZZero.O 88
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
Gorgc8498
febbydoto12
League of Legends
Doublelift1232
Counter-Strike
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4833
Khaldor1283
crisheroes920
Liquid`Hasu804
Other Games
summit1g4294
FrodaN2393
fl0m1007
Beastyqt816
mouzStarbuck366
KnowMe362
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1177
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 108
• Adnapsc2 29
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8411
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur253
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h
INu's Battles
16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h
BSL Open Qualifier
23h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.