• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12309 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 37

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 331 Next
No more bad posting
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
August 01 2013 03:14 GMT
#721
On August 01 2013 11:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 11:11 caelym wrote:
On August 01 2013 11:07 Jerubaal wrote:
On August 01 2013 10:37 nojitosunrise wrote:
Man there are like 4 or 5 different circlejerks going on in the past 10 pages. my goodness.


I like lambies.

does anyone else like Cosco pizza?


ikea meatballs?


ikea meatballs gave me and my roommate terrible stomach aches when we ate there once

of course, i proceeded to cook and eat the bag i bought. that mashed potatoes + meatballs and gravy combo is too good.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 01 2013 03:15 GMT
#722
it's like riot knew it was my birthday so they buffed yi for me

thanks riot!
:3
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 01 2013 03:17 GMT
#723
On August 01 2013 10:46 misirlou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 10:30 truemafia wrote:
Jatt and Monte are probably top 2 casters in imo.
Deman, Phreak and Rivingston are bottom 3 imo.
And I hate "Tons of damage" reference.


Putting Deman (or Phreak for that matter) on the same bag than Riv should be bannable in GD. No way a guy that cant put two words together and is only funny when he mimics a murloc sound is as good as someone who actually has an understanding of the english language and does an engaging play by play with puns in the middle

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure he was mimicing Deman when he did it.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
August 01 2013 03:19 GMT
#724
On August 01 2013 12:04 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:00 Zdrastochye wrote:
But that's enough off-topic chat for me, I have to say after playing all this afternoon, HOLY FUCK I'M SICK OF YI. It's only been one day, but I'm sickened with how useless he can be early, and after he gets a kill or two (he can choose to all-in with his ult and if it looks bad just run away) just turns into this monster that kills you in a right click and a Q. It's really no different than most other snowbally melee ads, I've just never seen so many in a short amount of time. Wtb thornmail every game.

I feel like as weird as it sounds Yi is the poster child for riot trying to make a dota-ish champion and then giving him scaling and nerfing his base stats so that he is LoL-ish. Yi kit seems to be one that is pretty easily balanced without scaling existing. but due to the ability to multiplicative scale everything about him, has no happy middle-ground.


What do you feel about Kassadin? I feel he(Kass) has a different feeling compared to most champions in the game. I don't know about this Yimake. Yi's playstyle hasn't really changed much, so do not really know how it can be dota-ish now compared to before.
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
August 01 2013 03:28 GMT
#725
On August 01 2013 12:14 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 11:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On August 01 2013 11:11 caelym wrote:
On August 01 2013 11:07 Jerubaal wrote:
On August 01 2013 10:37 nojitosunrise wrote:
Man there are like 4 or 5 different circlejerks going on in the past 10 pages. my goodness.


I like lambies.

does anyone else like Cosco pizza?


ikea meatballs?


ikea meatballs gave me and my roommate terrible stomach aches when we ate there once

of course, i proceeded to cook and eat the bag i bought. that mashed potatoes + meatballs and gravy combo is too good.


So sad. The only local Ikea I have has workers going on strike, entirely within their rights to do so but they also closed down the restaurant so no breakfast, no food, no meatballs T___T.

I've actually had yi banned in every single one of my games today so I have no idea what he looks like. I'll probably have to play normals until I see one in action >.<
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 03:33:25
August 01 2013 03:28 GMT
#726
On August 01 2013 12:19 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:04 PrinceXizor wrote:
On August 01 2013 12:00 Zdrastochye wrote:
But that's enough off-topic chat for me, I have to say after playing all this afternoon, HOLY FUCK I'M SICK OF YI. It's only been one day, but I'm sickened with how useless he can be early, and after he gets a kill or two (he can choose to all-in with his ult and if it looks bad just run away) just turns into this monster that kills you in a right click and a Q. It's really no different than most other snowbally melee ads, I've just never seen so many in a short amount of time. Wtb thornmail every game.

I feel like as weird as it sounds Yi is the poster child for riot trying to make a dota-ish champion and then giving him scaling and nerfing his base stats so that he is LoL-ish. Yi kit seems to be one that is pretty easily balanced without scaling existing. but due to the ability to multiplicative scale everything about him, has no happy middle-ground.


What do you feel about Kassadin? I feel he(Kass) has a different feeling compared to most champions in the game. I don't know about this Yimake. Yi's playstyle hasn't really changed much, so do not really know how it can be dota-ish now compared to before.

Oh rather i was talking about yi as a whole. the yimake is just another instance of riot trying to rebalance the character but missing the mark on what went wrong with him as a whole.

Kass is odd, he literally embodies everything that Zilean thinks is bad to do in design. But his problem seems more of an itemization issue, he plays a lot like other reset based characters, with the ability to reset guaranteed instead of relying on a reset specifically. He doesn't have anything really good for him specifically item-wise. RoA's would be good if it didn't hit so late and really only make his laning even more about biding your time. Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item.

new MR item might be strong on him though.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 03:39:47
August 01 2013 03:35 GMT
#727
I've played two games with Yi, one against him as Zed in the top lane and the other as Yi in a bot game.

I want to say that, from a rework perspective, the new Yi is incredible. His auto-attack animations are incredibly sharp, and he's the first swordsman Riot has produced that really fits the theme of a swordsman.

Maybe I should elaborate on that a little bit. Personally when I think of swordsmen in LoL I think of Fiora and Tryndamere (although this could easily be just me, and I have no doubt that I'm not the majority). These two are very opposite ends of the scale, and I'm glad that, with Yi, Riot finally found a way to make a great theme that hit in the middle of the two.

Fiora feels like she's poking someone the entire time, even when her ult does massive damage. It doesn't feel like a sword, but rather like a needle. This probably fits the design that Riot had intended for her, given that she uses a rapier and is French, so it's definitely a cohesive theme that isn't revolving around a swordsman, despite using a sword. Instead of powerful and balanced attacks, or skilled technique, she uses quick little slaps. The damage she deals is irrelevant, as is her kit, when it comes to the autoattack sounds and animations, so whether or not those slaps are oneshotting people or otherwise doesn't change the fact that she doesn't feel like a swordsman.

Tryndamere also uses a sword, but his theme is really more based around the rage he feels, and I'm not talking about his kit or his abilities. His auto-attack is just heaving his sword around, and as he runs, he's really just lugging it about. It drags on the ground, and it's not refined or patient. It's actually a little cartoony, especially in the cheesy western sound effects his sword has, which I'm sure Riot themselves are ok with. LoL was a cartoony, fun game on release, and again Tryndamere's theme fits. But it didn't need to be a sword. I never felt like I was using a SWORD, or that I was playing a SWORDSMAN. Again, I'm ok with that because it wasn't the goal of the kit, but it made me long for something like Yi to come around.

What makes Yi's theme feel so awesome and complete to me is in the way the model and the sound effects are carried. For instance, lets start with his simple running animation. He has a very deliberate pace with his feet, and he neither stomps nor drags his feet. Everything is graceful and, while quick, has clear strength behind it. I feel like this mix of strength and speed is what really brings out the elegance in a character clearly meant to be graceful in his balance. EVERYTHING HE DOES FITS HIS THEME OF BALANCE AND PATIENT STRENGTH. His base stance, non-moving, has him leaning back in a way that suggests he moves very fast, but at the same time clearly has that strength behind it. His autoattacks hit upon what I was talking about earlier when I said that he was the first "real" swordsman Riot has produced. Every time I autoattack with Yi, I'm aware that I'm using a sword. It has the refined slash that holds speed and strength, and the sound effects are the first in the game to actually sound like a sword, and not some action punch. It's sharp and crisp. It sounds REAL, like it was an actual weapon, and he's the first champion that felt like an extension of myself. He feels LIKE A SWORD.

Basically my point is that subtle things in theme make or break a champion, and can lead to some of the best experiences LoL can potentially offer. This is probably common knowledge, but this is something I just realized, and it surprised and compelled me enough to talk about it.
Wtf how do you do it Alaric.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
August 01 2013 03:42 GMT
#728
On August 01 2013 11:53 FinestHour wrote:
your profiles lolking ratings dont actually have any real meaning right? not actually indicative of your actual mmr or anything?


it's a linear relation with your league and division and LP, it means nothing
TranslatorBaa!
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 03:45:29
August 01 2013 03:45 GMT
#729
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 01 2013 03:48 GMT
#730
On August 01 2013 12:45 Dusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke

do u know who princexizor is
GANDHISAUCE
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
August 01 2013 03:48 GMT
#731
On August 01 2013 12:45 Dusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke

Without looking it up, name the stats on the item.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 03:52:55
August 01 2013 03:48 GMT
#732
On August 01 2013 12:35 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Wtf how do you do it Alaric.

I don't. That's why my posts are so freaking long even when I try to convey simplistic feelings.

(Though I guess I could just TL;DR your whole post to "MUNDO FILE! *SQUASH*".)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
August 01 2013 03:53 GMT
#733
2-2 with Yi so far, two losses were more to do with me exploring and less with the champ tho >.>

His midlane is really strong I think. Roaming/coutnerganking/pushing power felt really good, and he can snowball if you get some ganks from your jungler.

BT/Zephyr/Zerkers felt good, but the one game I built BotRK it felt fine as well. I think he's at a good place for solo queue right now, probably won't be tearing up LCS until someone learns him well.
It's your boy Guzma!
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 01 2013 03:55 GMT
#734
On August 01 2013 12:48 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:35 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Wtf how do you do it Alaric.

I don't. That's why my posts are so freaking long even when I try to convey simplistic feelings.

(Though I guess I could just TL;DR your whole post to "MUNDO FILE! *SQUASH*".)

As opposed to him throwing his trophy and making a memorable sound effect

*CLANG*
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 01 2013 03:56 GMT
#735
On August 01 2013 12:48 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:45 Dusty wrote:
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke

Without looking it up, name the stats on the item.

haha! I bought it the other day. HP regen, mana regen, ap, and I think something else, maybe flat hp.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
August 01 2013 03:58 GMT
#736
Mundo's a bad example because all 3 sounds effects for his Cleaver are so awesome.

(I was tempted to mention Pantheon initially, but his Spear Toss's sfx is about as realistic as Trynd's autoattacks which you mention. Damn me if it isn't satisfying to hear when you finish an opponent right on your face with a point-blank Spear though.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 01 2013 04:01 GMT
#737
On August 01 2013 12:45 Dusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke

I think it would have been believable when it was Cata+Chain Vest.
Moderator
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
August 01 2013 04:02 GMT
#738
On August 01 2013 12:48 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 12:45 Dusty wrote:
On August 01 2013 12:28 PrinceXizor wrote:
Ohmwrecker is pretty strong on kass overall though and i'd like to test it out as a first big item..


please let this be a joke

Without looking it up, name the stats on the item.

You complain about RoA hitting late and you suggest Ohmwrecker? Ohm is more expensive than RoA, gives less and worse stats. The active is useless unless you have to dive turret, and noone is insane enough to try to dive turret every 120sec to make full use of the item.
Ohm is a nice-stats item, and there're some champs can use it, but certainly not RoA holder. There're no reasons to get Ohm as first item over RoA.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
August 01 2013 04:07 GMT
#739
Does anybody know if the pros have still been getting Manamune on Ezreal? It feels like it stacks really slowly and I don't feel especially mana constrained without it, just going BT -> Frostborn.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 04:10:38
August 01 2013 04:10 GMT
#740
On August 01 2013 12:58 Alaric wrote:
Mundo's a bad example because all 3 sounds effects for his Cleaver are so awesome.

(I was tempted to mention Pantheon initially, but his Spear Toss's sfx is about as realistic as Trynd's autoattacks which you mention. Damn me if it isn't satisfying to hear when you finish an opponent right on your face with a point-blank Spear though.)

I think I would like Panth a lot more if he actually felt like he was using a spear instead of throwing a sword around. It's not really an issue and I'm just nitpicking, but spears are traditionally long weapons used to keep people at range and have powerful thrusts, which is why I like his E so much. Throwing champion balance out of the window, he creates a zone in front of him that people CANNOT go into, and it keeps people at a distance through using powerful thrusts. When I use that move, I feel like I'm using a spear.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1315
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1315
ByuN 522
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Reynor 272
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 142
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps941
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4074
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2634
Liquid`RaSZi2361
fl0m1876
FrodaN1372
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister737
Khaldor478
Beastyqt310
crisheroes182
Livibee182
Mew2King72
ToD54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
angryscii 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach55
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur675
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 54m
Replay Cast
3h 54m
OSC
16h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.