• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

[Patch 3.10: Yimake Patch] General Discussion - Page 165

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 331 Next
No more bad posting
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
August 08 2013 03:40 GMT
#3281
Soo, after being on this patch for a while, are you guys building then new Locket out of the jungle? I've been leaning on Wardens and Spectral Cowl as my midgame items and then looking to finish into Randuins and Visage as needed.
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 03:42:48
August 08 2013 03:41 GMT
#3282
I'll probably end up spending way more time in off topic and LR threads. I'd take fish puns and pancakes over people arguing about theorycrafting. Mostly because it almost always devolves into name calling and people just straight up ignoring rational arguments.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 03:44:15
August 08 2013 03:42 GMT
#3283
I know that I've seen a number of recent posts, typically questions, get swallowed or ignored due to the recent upswing in off topic discussion. It's fine when there's nothing else going on, or if it's in small enough bits to allow LoL questions/topics to flourish, but it's definitely been excessive lately.

On August 08 2013 12:40 Hyren wrote:
Soo, after being on this patch for a while, are you guys building then new Locket out of the jungle? I've been leaning on Wardens and Spectral Cowl as my midgame items and then looking to finish into Randuins and Visage as needed.


Aegis is still good, and it's only 600g more to build Locket. Unless I have a compelling reason to get something else, Aegis/Locket is still an important pick up.

That said, it's very tempting to just build the new Spirit Visage on everybody.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 04:00:02
August 08 2013 03:59 GMT
#3284
I think the off topic posts had been getting a little overboard the past couple days but I also feel like creating an entirely separate thread is a very awkward fix. Other posters have mentioned at what point do we draw the line and the threads are divided. What happens if an off topic post leads into LoL discussion? Do we switch threads? That seems like a pretty clunky solution to me.

The biggest problem for me about these off tops were that a lot of the time they would seem to just turn into circle jerks about whatever the topic was. I don't normally read all the off topics so maybe I am wrong but it most of the "discussions" seem to go that way. The biggest example I can think of was that anime girl that Neo/Req liked. Whatever discussion was to be had was thrown out the window and it just turned into "Hey guys we like the same thing, we should post about it in GD!!11!!". A good example of good off topics was giving advice on which pokemon to start off on. That discussion actually seemed like it could help someone.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
August 08 2013 04:03 GMT
#3285
The irony in all of this is we've probably had more posts talking about the off topic posts than there were actually posts off topic.

But man, I'm loving the aegis -> locket change.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 08 2013 04:05 GMT
#3286
On August 08 2013 11:34 Slaughter wrote:
How much of these range changes will affect his being picked in competitive play?


IMO, it will probably be a 100% or 0% Change. The thing about Range nerfs is that they are so binary that either Ryze is still OP even with the range nerfs (although less fun for me) or basically 100% niche (or unusable). I think, however, even if #2 is true, he will still be played in progames until people pick up on it, because he is so common, and is part of everyone's practiced champ pool.

That is what was really amazing about the Olaf nerfs, you had a champ that EVERY toplaner + Every jungler + a fed midlaners knew how to play, and he basically was never touched again.
Freeeeeeedom
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
August 08 2013 04:06 GMT
#3287
I think maybe the problem with OT discussion might be that posters who seldom post or just lurk from time to time might see these discussions and get turned off by what they see? IDK if a newer user came in here and saw multiple pages dominated by topics they see as nonsense in a LoL forum they might be disinclined to come back. *shrug* I guess its a problem when its a growing sub forum as opposed to when its a smaller circle where people are familiar with the ebb and flow of things.
Never Knows Best.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
August 08 2013 04:07 GMT
#3288
On August 08 2013 12:40 Hyren wrote:
Soo, after being on this patch for a while, are you guys building then new Locket out of the jungle? I've been leaning on Wardens and Spectral Cowl as my midgame items and then looking to finish into Randuins and Visage as needed.

I've only been building it against double AP comps now. Otherwise I don't feel like it's worth it anymore. If I do build aegis then I finish building it into locket though.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
August 08 2013 04:18 GMT
#3289
I question burning bush Zyra, if only because I've always thought that damage was not her problem, but her lack of mobility. You always did a chunk of damage with a normal build.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 04:30:55
August 08 2013 04:20 GMT
#3290
On August 08 2013 13:05 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 11:34 Slaughter wrote:
How much of these range changes will affect his being picked in competitive play?


IMO, it will probably be a 100% or 0% Change. The thing about Range nerfs is that they are so binary that either Ryze is still OP even with the range nerfs (although less fun for me) or basically 100% niche (or unusable). I think, however, even if #2 is true, he will still be played in progames until people pick up on it, because he is so common, and is part of everyone's practiced champ pool.


bullshit lol, 0% ryze picks incoming in any region that matters he's gonna be unusable and to think that pro players are gonna overlook it just cause of "comfort" is ridiculous

On August 08 2013 13:18 kainzero wrote:
I question burning bush Zyra, if only because I've always thought that damage was not her problem, but her lack of mobility. You always did a chunk of damage with a normal build.


It's a gimmick build;

the elder lizard is a complete waste and it's only crammed in to fit the theme, and rylai-guise-liandry zyra was normal anyways, it's nothing new

On August 08 2013 12:41 onlywonderboy wrote:
I'll probably end up spending way more time in off topic and LR threads. I'd take fish puns and pancakes over people arguing about theorycrafting. Mostly because it almost always devolves into name calling and people just straight up ignoring rational arguments.


that only happens because we have a strangely high tolerance for straight up ignorant "theorycrafting"

chill-style bw strat was the best way to go.
TranslatorBaa!
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 04:26:50
August 08 2013 04:25 GMT
#3291
Zyra isn't mobile herself, but having so much CC should keep you fairly safe.

I've always felt really underwhelmed by the damage of most AP mids, which is kind of weird considering I play support. I've been enjoying Zyra more as a support (finally getting how to make her work, thank goodness), but I played her as an AP mid and felt pretty weak. Like, I went Chalice/Boots -> Sorc -> Dcap -> Guise (would have finished Athene's and then Liandry's and Rylai) , but my damage sucked. I was barely killing the enemy Kha6 when he was diving our AD, and he had like no MR and only a Cleaver.

Should I have been buying Dorans to force early on? I went pretty equal in lane despite getting ganked a couple times b/c I did a good job kiting and bringing them low and then finishing someone off with my passive. I just have a natural hatred of Dorans because of limited gold on support.

Also, burning bush Zyra makes me chuckle.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 08 2013 04:34 GMT
#3292
On August 08 2013 13:20 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 13:05 cLutZ wrote:
On August 08 2013 11:34 Slaughter wrote:
How much of these range changes will affect his being picked in competitive play?


IMO, it will probably be a 100% or 0% Change. The thing about Range nerfs is that they are so binary that either Ryze is still OP even with the range nerfs (although less fun for me) or basically 100% niche (or unusable). I think, however, even if #2 is true, he will still be played in progames until people pick up on it, because he is so common, and is part of everyone's practiced champ pool.


bullshit lol, 0% ryze picks incoming in any region that matters he's gonna be unusable and to think that pro players are gonna overlook it just cause of "comfort" is ridiculous


Comfort is huge. Regi and Dyrus just played the recently nerfed Karthus and Jayce (and lost) (although I think they are still powerful) and picked them as if they were 3.8 versions.

My point is not that they Ryze nerfs were not severe (I think they are), but the point is that, if Ryze isn't picked during 3.10 competitive play, that is a HUGE indication of how far he has fallen. Its like if Riot nerfed Vayne so much that she went to 0% pick rate in OGN. If no one picks Ryze next week, its more than a nerf, its a castration.
Freeeeeeedom
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 04:38:01
August 08 2013 04:37 GMT
#3293
On August 08 2013 13:34 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 13:20 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On August 08 2013 13:05 cLutZ wrote:
On August 08 2013 11:34 Slaughter wrote:
How much of these range changes will affect his being picked in competitive play?


IMO, it will probably be a 100% or 0% Change. The thing about Range nerfs is that they are so binary that either Ryze is still OP even with the range nerfs (although less fun for me) or basically 100% niche (or unusable). I think, however, even if #2 is true, he will still be played in progames until people pick up on it, because he is so common, and is part of everyone's practiced champ pool.


bullshit lol, 0% ryze picks incoming in any region that matters he's gonna be unusable and to think that pro players are gonna overlook it just cause of "comfort" is ridiculous


Comfort is huge. Regi and Dyrus just played the recently nerfed Karthus and Jayce (and lost) (although I think they are still powerful) and picked them as if they were 3.8 versions.

My point is not that they Ryze nerfs were not severe (I think they are), but the point is that, if Ryze isn't picked during 3.10 competitive play, that is a HUGE indication of how far he has fallen. Its like if Riot nerfed Vayne so much that she went to 0% pick rate in OGN. If no one picks Ryze next week, its more than a nerf, its a castration.


I think a castration is in order because 3.9 Ryze is stupid.

Also re Regi and Dyrus picking outdated heroes: that's why I said any region that matterse huehuehue

If they insist on picking Ryze next week, it's simply proof that they don't actually care enough about winning/don't put in the work to winning if they want to keep playing outdated heroes and refuse to adapt to the patches.

Riot isn't even doing some bullshit 2-week patch cycle now, there's plenty of time for proteams to adapt properly to new environments
TranslatorBaa!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 08 2013 04:38 GMT
#3294
Just look at kennen in s2. He went from insanely played, to no play cuz 25 range change.
liftlift > tsm
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
August 08 2013 04:38 GMT
#3295
is fortitude start actually good? I've never been fond of it
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
August 08 2013 04:38 GMT
#3296
On August 08 2013 13:20 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 13:05 cLutZ wrote:
On August 08 2013 11:34 Slaughter wrote:
How much of these range changes will affect his being picked in competitive play?


IMO, it will probably be a 100% or 0% Change. The thing about Range nerfs is that they are so binary that either Ryze is still OP even with the range nerfs (although less fun for me) or basically 100% niche (or unusable). I think, however, even if #2 is true, he will still be played in progames until people pick up on it, because he is so common, and is part of everyone's practiced champ pool.


bullshit lol, 0% ryze picks incoming in any region that matters he's gonna be unusable and to think that pro players are gonna overlook it just cause of "comfort" is ridiculous

Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 13:18 kainzero wrote:
I question burning bush Zyra, if only because I've always thought that damage was not her problem, but her lack of mobility. You always did a chunk of damage with a normal build.


It's a gimmick build;

the elder lizard is a complete waste and it's only crammed in to fit the theme, and rylai-guise-liandry zyra was normal anyways, it's nothing new

Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 12:41 onlywonderboy wrote:
I'll probably end up spending way more time in off topic and LR threads. I'd take fish puns and pancakes over people arguing about theorycrafting. Mostly because it almost always devolves into name calling and people just straight up ignoring rational arguments.


that only happens because we have a strangely high tolerance for straight up ignorant "theorycrafting"

chill-style bw strat was the best way to go.


Rylai Liandry was always pretty standard on mid Zyra, but Banner of Command wasn't.

I wonder how much damage Banner of Command is actually adding, it'd be interesting to see some math on the subject.

I agree that the Elder Lizard seems forced and dumb.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
August 08 2013 04:48 GMT
#3297
On August 08 2013 13:38 wei2coolman wrote:
Just look at kennen in s2. He went from insanely played, to no play cuz 25 range change.

Then back to insanely played after they chopped 40 energy off the ult cost.
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
August 08 2013 04:49 GMT
#3298
people thinking you need sotel and banner to do damage as zyra..

just build ryliandrys and you are a midgame wrecking ball, once you proceed to destroy the enemy team 5 times get your voidcap and win
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
August 08 2013 05:04 GMT
#3299
Felt bans were a bit harsh for the OT posts, but I was sick of the anime posts etc so I'm glad that something was done. If you want to talk about anime I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on TL for it.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 05:13:28
August 08 2013 05:12 GMT
#3300
On August 08 2013 13:48 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 13:38 wei2coolman wrote:
Just look at kennen in s2. He went from insanely played, to no play cuz 25 range change.

Then back to insanely played after they chopped 40 energy off the ult cost.

And nerfs to a lot of popular top laners. Especially the lane bully ones.

On August 08 2013 14:04 schmutttt wrote:
Felt bans were a bit harsh for the OT posts, but I was sick of the anime posts etc so I'm glad that something was done. If you want to talk about anime I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on TL for it.

There was almost no anime talk. Dunno what you talking about...
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 331 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4764
Leta 1703
Shuttle 743
Shine 41
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm233
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g7722
WinterStarcraft628
Sick153
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
BasetradeTV209
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2179
League of Legends
• Lourlo1054
• Rush885
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 58m
Patches Events
8h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 58m
OSC
16h 58m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.