• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11184 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 84

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 16 2013 22:11 GMT
#1661
On June 17 2013 07:07 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:04 Osmoses wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:45 Ketara wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:43 Osmoses wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:29 Ketara wrote:
I think I'm done playing League for a while.

I can't handle all the trashtalk in the games. It's gotten so much worse since summer started. I do not enjoy playing anymore. It's just stressful and rarely fun.

Maybe I'll start actually watching LCS instead.

I did this. Ranked is seriously hell for your psyche to have to deal with all of the raging idiots and if normals are becoming that too then you should definitely take a break.

Theres always ignore.


Assholes like you are the reason why I don't want to play anymore. Just FYI.

Not sure where you're coming from here? Did I offend you by suggesting you should ignore the trashtalkers?


It is probably a safe assumption that I know there is an ignore option in the game.

So if you're telling me I should use the ignore option you either

A - Think I'm stupid.

B - Think I'm just QQing for no reason and you think it would be funny to troll me.

Or C - just in general want to be a dick.

All three of these options are offensive. So yes, it was offensive. I did not appreciate it.

you should put an ice cube in it and chill out.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 16 2013 22:13 GMT
#1662
Finding someone suggesting the ignore function offensive means you should definitely take a break. It's a definite sign that you are on tilt, you should go do something which you can't possibly find frustrating.. I suggest playing with kittens.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
June 16 2013 22:15 GMT
#1663
On June 17 2013 07:13 Dgiese wrote:
Finding someone suggesting the ignore function offensive means you should definitely take a break. It's a definite sign that you are on tilt, you should go do something which you can't possibly find frustrating.. I suggest playing with kittens.


All fun and games until they pee/shit on you.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 16 2013 22:16 GMT
#1664
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.
It's your boy Guzma!
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
June 16 2013 22:16 GMT
#1665
On June 17 2013 07:13 Dgiese wrote:
Finding someone suggesting the ignore function offensive means you should definitely take a break. It's a definite sign that you are on tilt, you should go do something which you can't possibly find frustrating.. I suggest playing with kittens.

I wuv kittens :3
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 22:21:38
June 16 2013 22:21 GMT
#1666
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
June 16 2013 22:22 GMT
#1667
Have you guys played dota? All MOBA/ARTS communities are like this.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 22:28:05
June 16 2013 22:27 GMT
#1668
I was going to join in on the bovine puns, but I'm too much of a coward.

I remember trying to get into Dota games and the turds wouldn't wait the 15 seconds it took to load the newest version.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 16 2013 22:27 GMT
#1669
When I play with bad / annoying teammates I just pretend they are kittens, and it's hard to stay angry. Alternatively, replacing kittens with 'anything from costco'. Or I start to roleplay my champion.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 16 2013 22:30 GMT
#1670
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

League/Dota/mobas leave a lot of time for people to shit talk while backing/farming/running, so it makes sense that there's more shit talk in game. The dynamics of a team game also give more rage, because your teammates' performance can also override how well you're doing, and that is - in and of itself - rage inducing.
It's your boy Guzma!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 16 2013 22:30 GMT
#1671
On June 17 2013 06:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 06:45 Ketara wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:43 Osmoses wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:29 Ketara wrote:
I think I'm done playing League for a while.

I can't handle all the trashtalk in the games. It's gotten so much worse since summer started. I do not enjoy playing anymore. It's just stressful and rarely fun.

Maybe I'll start actually watching LCS instead.

I did this. Ranked is seriously hell for your psyche to have to deal with all of the raging idiots and if normals are becoming that too then you should definitely take a break.

Theres always ignore.


Assholes like you are the reason why I don't want to play anymore. Just FYI.

l0l?
I don't see how trashtalk should be a breaking point in this game. It's something you can entirely ignore (figuratively and literally). Shit play, ok fine, you have to carry bads but that's the nature of solo queue. But trashtalk? Either thick skin or remove chat. I honestly don't see why chat has to have a negative impact on anyone in this game.

I think playing Counter Strike back in the pre 1.6 days really thickened my skin; I don't think there was an environment as toxic as that.
liftlift > tsm
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 16 2013 22:32 GMT
#1672
Not all regions are the same ofc. Played the dota original on NA east, all I ever heard was niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 22:37:40
June 16 2013 22:37 GMT
#1673
On June 17 2013 07:30 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

I'm sorry but never at LOL's scale. The official forums are something else. I'm talking about the in game conversation and atmosphere, it was much much better in WC3. Dota and MOBA overall always had shitty communities.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 16 2013 22:37 GMT
#1674
On June 17 2013 07:30 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 06:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:45 Ketara wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:43 Osmoses wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:29 Ketara wrote:
I think I'm done playing League for a while.

I can't handle all the trashtalk in the games. It's gotten so much worse since summer started. I do not enjoy playing anymore. It's just stressful and rarely fun.

Maybe I'll start actually watching LCS instead.

I did this. Ranked is seriously hell for your psyche to have to deal with all of the raging idiots and if normals are becoming that too then you should definitely take a break.

Theres always ignore.


Assholes like you are the reason why I don't want to play anymore. Just FYI.

l0l?
I don't see how trashtalk should be a breaking point in this game. It's something you can entirely ignore (figuratively and literally). Shit play, ok fine, you have to carry bads but that's the nature of solo queue. But trashtalk? Either thick skin or remove chat. I honestly don't see why chat has to have a negative impact on anyone in this game.

I think playing Counter Strike back in the pre 1.6 days really thickened my skin; I don't think there was an environment as toxic as that.

cs 1.5 community was great in NZ... maybe this was just a USA thing.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 16 2013 22:39 GMT
#1675
On June 17 2013 07:37 Dgiese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:30 wei2coolman wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:50 NeoIllusions wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:45 Ketara wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:43 Osmoses wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
On June 17 2013 06:29 Ketara wrote:
I think I'm done playing League for a while.

I can't handle all the trashtalk in the games. It's gotten so much worse since summer started. I do not enjoy playing anymore. It's just stressful and rarely fun.

Maybe I'll start actually watching LCS instead.

I did this. Ranked is seriously hell for your psyche to have to deal with all of the raging idiots and if normals are becoming that too then you should definitely take a break.

Theres always ignore.


Assholes like you are the reason why I don't want to play anymore. Just FYI.

l0l?
I don't see how trashtalk should be a breaking point in this game. It's something you can entirely ignore (figuratively and literally). Shit play, ok fine, you have to carry bads but that's the nature of solo queue. But trashtalk? Either thick skin or remove chat. I honestly don't see why chat has to have a negative impact on anyone in this game.

I think playing Counter Strike back in the pre 1.6 days really thickened my skin; I don't think there was an environment as toxic as that.

cs 1.5 community was great in NZ... maybe this was just a USA thing.

It was toxic as fuck; but it was also one of the funniest communities to be a part of. Shit talking random people you've never met over the mic, and griefing teammates, etc etc. Made for a lot of funny situations.
liftlift > tsm
petered
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1817 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-16 22:45:43
June 16 2013 22:44 GMT
#1676
On June 17 2013 07:37 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:30 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

I'm sorry but never at LOL's scale. The official forums are something else. I'm talking about the in game conversation and atmosphere, it was much much better in WC3. Dota and MOBA overall always had shitty communities.


It is also wayyy harder to converse while playing BW and SC2. there are plenty of jerks over there too.

Also to compare the size of WC3 and BW to LoL is misleading. The LoL playerbase is many orders of magintude larger than the games you mentioned. Grouping more people means greater opportunity to run into assholes.

So I agree that the communities suck for both, but i don't think it is due to the nature of the game or anything. MOBAs are just the superior conduit for internet hate than RTS.
This, my friends, is the power of the Shikyo Memorial for QQ therapy thread. We make the world a better place, one chainsaw massacre prevention at a time.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
June 16 2013 22:46 GMT
#1677
On June 17 2013 07:44 petered wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:37 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:30 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

I'm sorry but never at LOL's scale. The official forums are something else. I'm talking about the in game conversation and atmosphere, it was much much better in WC3. Dota and MOBA overall always had shitty communities.


It is also wayyy harder to converse while playing BW and SC2. there are plenty of jerks over there too.

Also to compare the size of the WC3 and BW to LoL is misleading. The LoL playerbase is many orders of magintude larger than the games you mentioned. Grouping more people means greater opportunity to run into assholes.

So I agree that the communities suck for both, but i don't think it is due to the nature of the game or anything. MOBAs are just the superior conduit for internet hate than RTS.

So basically for you the medium is not the message ?
It's obvious that the comparaison is bad, but as Requizen actually said the last part of his post, there are more possibility for someone to rage in a lol game than in a SC game (since it's a team game, communication is important, miscommunication or misunderstanding can cost the game, etc.).
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 16 2013 22:47 GMT
#1678
On June 17 2013 07:37 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:30 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

I'm sorry but never at LOL's scale. The official forums are something else. I'm talking about the in game conversation and atmosphere, it was much much better in WC3. Dota and MOBA overall always had shitty communities.

Maybe not as bad, but still bad. People suck, and if you put enough human beings in one group, it's going to turn to shit. The more there are, the faster it happens. In fact, I don't think BW or WC3 had nearly as big of a community as LoL has right now at its peak.
It's your boy Guzma!
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 16 2013 22:47 GMT
#1679
On June 17 2013 07:27 Jerubaal wrote:
I was going to join in on the bovine puns, but I'm too much of a coward.

I remember trying to get into Dota games and the turds wouldn't wait the 15 seconds it took to load the newest version.

Moove over guys this dude is scared
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
June 16 2013 22:52 GMT
#1680
On June 17 2013 07:37 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 07:30 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:21 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:16 Requizen wrote:
On June 17 2013 07:07 overt wrote:
I dunno, I hear people say that league is the worst community they've ever experienced. But there's just as much, if not more, shit talk in the high levels of the fps community and it's definitely just as bad in the fighting game community. I feel like people with this attitude came from the rts community which, imo, did see significantly less shit talk than fps and fighting games I played.

At the end of the day you can't control how other people behave you can only control how you react to it.

League is bad because of the size. It's pretty cliche, but as you get a lot of people jumping onto the new popular game, you also get the shitty individuals. In small communities, people playing something new or niche, you generally get people who care about the game or who are just gamers who like having fun. Been playing Smite for a couple weeks now and only seen one person rage, and even that was a pretty understandable situation (crap match and bad players on both sides).

League's community, on a whole, sucks. But that's no reason to quit the game or get genuinely upset about it. It's like bullies when you're a kid, the more you give into it, the more you let it control you. Gotta be zen.

No it's the game. BW was big, WC3 was big too at some point, and it never had such a fucking community. Most of the game of WC3 I remember are gl hf and a rage quit at the end or a GG, with MAYBE, in one game out of 30, a random whisp after the game saying you suck for playing that race because that hero is imba and that strategy is noob.
In lol it's every game. League as a game create a lot of frustration because you don't control everything (team game) it's also a game that is way less forgiving in some way.

If you are unable to have fun while playing, I don't see any reason to continue on playing. Taking a break from the game has always been a good thing for me.

People were/are shitty in those communities too. You ever been to Blizzard's Official forums? Nothing but shit talking, whining, and infighting. That's why TL is better for BW/SC2.

I'm sorry but never at LOL's scale. The official forums are something else. I'm talking about the in game conversation and atmosphere, it was much much better in WC3. Dota and MOBA overall always had shitty communities.


First off, WC3 community was DotA's original community.

Secondly, while solo ladder raging was relatively low(there was still plenty of it), if you played AT/RT it was pretty much the same as any other famously rage filled game(WoW, League, 1.6, etc). This is still completely ignoring the UMS community, with all the people crying in hero arena and footman wars etc etc etc.


How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 813
Hyuk 545
soO 444
Mini 185
ZerO 121
Killer 58
Shinee 49
Mind 40
Mong 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 17
HiyA 16
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 761
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
JimRising 462
Counter-Strike
byalli525
Other Games
olofmeister833
ceh9621
Happy350
Livibee171
crisheroes155
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH393
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1166
• Rush1144
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 29m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.