• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9230 users

[Patch 3.07: Nerf Everything Not Nami] General Discussion…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 351 Next
Looks like we're back to status quo. Hope more of you lurkers unburrow and talk with us. :3

If you have any issues or comments about the new design, feel free to PM Neo.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 09:20:51
May 26 2013 09:20 GMT
#2901
Yeah, its "What champs do they beastmode with? Ban em!" Or switching out a beastmode ban for a comp crutch they got destroyed with the game before.

Very rarely you'll see them ban a champ that completely shits on something they want to play
Useless wet fish.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
May 26 2013 09:21 GMT
#2902
On May 26 2013 18:08 TheLink wrote:
I don't understand why bans should be a crutch. If someone is strong on a champion (Froggen Anivia being #1 example) then I want to see that champion and I believe the onus should be on the enemy team to beat it. Now 3 bans is enough so that it can't be taken to extremes (you can't literally be a 1-champ wonder) and 3 bans is enough to act as a safety net in case someone discovers something totally broken in a tournament. If Madlife has a sick Thresh then the opposing team should be playing a game versus a sick Thresh, not ban it out and move onto his next best champ.

Basically I believe bans should NOT be a part of team strategy to the extent you guys seem to want it. Counterplay should come from your own plan and not from bans. Man up and get good enough at a champion to beat other peoples signature champions.

I agree, better to lose a tourney game and lose out on a lot of money so you could man up on the fly and beat someones signature champion, instead of you know, just focussing on winning.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
May 26 2013 09:21 GMT
#2903
Bans feel really inelegant to me. At low levels, I can't count how many times someone one my team felt obligated to pick a usually-banned champion like Shen or Blitzcrank, only to realize that no one on the team actually played that champion. Instead, I would love to see a boX format where champion selections couldn't be repeated across games. The games would certainly feel unpolished, but there would be the potential to discover new synergies and the pleasure of seeing unconventional laning matchups. Unfortunately, this specific solution wouldn't be practical for ordinary ranked play, but I would still prefer to see some experimental tinkering with the current system.
Trust in Bayes.
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 09:27:46
May 26 2013 09:27 GMT
#2904
Pretty sure the #1 complaint about pro DotA, and to a much lesser extent LoL, is that the game is too heavily influenced by pick/bans and less about gameplay. Hell even the starcraft guys all bitch about build order wins. I like Riot's approach to emphasising in-game over drafting. I don't want to play a 5 minute match in drafting and then spend 40 mins waiting for it to finish playing out as expected.


On May 26 2013 18:21 JackDino wrote:

I agree, better to lose a tourney game and lose out on a lot of money so you could man up on the fly and beat someones signature champion, instead of you know, just focussing on winning.


What? being better than your opponent isn't a part of winning anymore?
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
May 26 2013 09:29 GMT
#2905
On May 26 2013 18:27 TheLink wrote:
Pretty sure the #1 complaint about pro DotA, and to a much lesser extent LoL, is that the game is too heavily influenced by pick/bans and less about gameplay. Hell even the starcraft guys all bitch about build order wins. I like Riot's approach to emphasising in-game over drafting. I don't want to play a 5 minute match in drafting and then spend 40 mins waiting for it to finish playing out as expected.


Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 18:21 JackDino wrote:

I agree, better to lose a tourney game and lose out on a lot of money so you could man up on the fly and beat someones signature champion, instead of you know, just focussing on winning.


What? being better than your opponent isn't a part of winning anymore?

It is. So is denying the enemy a champ they're good with. In tourneys you play to win, not to stroke your epeen or whatever because you beat their champ.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
May 26 2013 09:31 GMT
#2906
Ok I'm going to pose a question.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to play their best champions in tournaments?
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
May 26 2013 09:36 GMT
#2907
On May 26 2013 18:31 TheLink wrote:
Ok I'm going to pose a question.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to play their best champions in tournaments?

Because there is nothing interesting about watching the same thing being played every time. It's the same reason why all the games aren't blind pick.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 26 2013 10:01 GMT
#2908
On May 26 2013 18:31 TheLink wrote:
Ok I'm going to pose a question.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to play their best champions in tournaments?

Because, y'know, it improves their chances of beating you, and that's not what you want. I remember a SC2 guy whose style was deemed boring, and in an interview he answered to that "I play to win", eg. in a competitive setting he has no obligation of entertaining the crowd, and if the optimal way to play is a boring one, then it's the designer's responsibility, not his.
(Of course you then have stuff like EG where their super boring style is a product of their flaws rather than the game, as showed by other teams.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
May 26 2013 10:14 GMT
#2909
On May 26 2013 18:31 TheLink wrote:
Ok I'm going to pose a question.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to play their best champions in tournaments?


Wait a second... so you're telling me seeing TF, Shen, Rumble, Kha'zix, Zed, Sona, Thresh, Jayce repeatedly isn't fun?

You may be on to something.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 10:50:21
May 26 2013 10:45 GMT
#2910
I did a quick count, and got around 60 champions which have seen competitive play recently. Other people can count and probably will get between 50-65(I watch more than most people).

Bans take out roughly 10% of the champion pool, and guaranteed there are more than 6 strong champions.

Honestly, I don't think the ban/pick phase of LoL is that important in the grand scheme of things because the draft depth is so shallow. Ban signature heroes > leave shit like jayce/khazix/zed/thresh etc open. Don't ban signature heroes, and people learn why they're called such. Teams largely go into a game with a strategy/comp in mind, and apart from certain picks like malphite, they don't really respond to enemy picks because of lane swapping to negate poor matchups at higher levels.

I think it would be cool if LoL took a somewhat different approach to Dota's CM when they change it. Maybe a 1/1/1/1 ban phase, followed by 1/2/1 pick and then another 1/1/1/1 ban phase. Give's a higher chance of letting OP/signature champs through, while giving both teams a chance to eliminate complementary heroes. I think because of how static the meta is for league(as far as picks go), it's easier to ban out complementary heroes after seeing only 2 picks
Porouscloud - NA LoL
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
May 26 2013 10:53 GMT
#2911
On May 26 2013 18:31 TheLink wrote:
Ok I'm going to pose a question.

Why shouldn't players be allowed to play their best champions in tournaments?

But they are, there's 5 players on a team, only 3 bans and then there's first pick. One will always play his best champ if he wants to, sometimes even 2 will always play their best champ.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
May 26 2013 11:19 GMT
#2912
lol fucking real

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1f2n5j/closing_ceremony_cancelled/
vvSiegvv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States364 Posts
May 26 2013 11:24 GMT
#2913
On May 26 2013 20:19 justiceknight wrote:
lol fucking real

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1f2n5j/closing_ceremony_cancelled/


Real.... I mean I understand being passionate about your country and team but come on....
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
May 26 2013 11:30 GMT
#2914
I have to withhold judgement, as I am from British Columbia and we don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to handling losses.
Retvrn to Forvms
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
May 26 2013 11:38 GMT
#2915
On May 26 2013 20:30 Chrispy wrote:
I have to withhold judgement, as I am from British Columbia and we don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to handling losses.


I think with the way the last few seasons went, we have steeled our hearts, and hardened our skin to inevitable disappointment.

Still hurts though to be known as a city of sore losers =(
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
May 26 2013 11:52 GMT
#2916
On May 26 2013 20:19 justiceknight wrote:
lol fucking real

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1f2n5j/closing_ceremony_cancelled/

omg e-hooligans !
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 11:58:44
May 26 2013 11:55 GMT
#2917
On May 26 2013 20:38 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 20:30 Chrispy wrote:
I have to withhold judgement, as I am from British Columbia and we don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to handling losses.


I think with the way the last few seasons went, we have steeled our hearts, and hardened our skin to inevitable disappointment.

Still hurts though to be known as a city of sore losers =(

Well, its not that the Chinese oppose the closing ceremony, they just left. You can't hold a ceremony in on an empty stadium .
But yeah, Chinese are sore losers, just play on CN and you will see. Flame, blame everywhere, I've played like 250 ranked games on CN(and about 600 normals) and only 20% of that has no flame and rage etc.

Another reason is Chinese don't like Koreans, in their hate list Japan is number one, the 2nd place is Korea. If it was NA that beat them in the final, I think they would felt better than the Korean beating them. Thats how serious it is.

As an Asian country, they tend to connect politic/history with sport event. Korean has very serious national pride as well, it just the way it is in East Asia.

Ofc, there are still alot of well-manned fans in China but I think the number of no-respect fans are very high.
Terran
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
May 26 2013 11:57 GMT
#2918
Thats why they should host every event in france, french people are amazing at cheering for whatever
Chun-li since ST
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
May 26 2013 11:58 GMT
#2919
On May 26 2013 20:55 Caphe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 20:38 Amui wrote:
On May 26 2013 20:30 Chrispy wrote:
I have to withhold judgement, as I am from British Columbia and we don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to handling losses.


I think with the way the last few seasons went, we have steeled our hearts, and hardened our skin to inevitable disappointment.

Still hurts though to be known as a city of sore losers =(

Well, its not that the Chinese oppose the closing ceremony, they just left. You can't hold a ceremony in on an empty stadium .

Apparently they made the korean fans leave too.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
May 26 2013 11:59 GMT
#2920
On May 26 2013 20:58 Lylat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 20:55 Caphe wrote:
On May 26 2013 20:38 Amui wrote:
On May 26 2013 20:30 Chrispy wrote:
I have to withhold judgement, as I am from British Columbia and we don't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to handling losses.


I think with the way the last few seasons went, we have steeled our hearts, and hardened our skin to inevitable disappointment.

Still hurts though to be known as a city of sore losers =(

Well, its not that the Chinese oppose the closing ceremony, they just left. You can't hold a ceremony in on an empty stadium .

Apparently they made the korean fans leave too.

Now that is some dick move. I was surprise to see the stadium complete deserted since Shanghai has alot of Koreans. I went to school with like hundreds of Koreans in Shanghai.
Terran
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 351 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 330
Hyuk 282
910 108
Bale 29
ZergMaN 27
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 14
Icarus 9
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor406
crisheroes261
Other Games
ceh9457
WinterStarcraft405
Happy275
PiGStarcraft239
Sick208
Livibee168
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream281
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2360
League of Legends
• Stunt509
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 29m
Stellar Fest
5h 29m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.