• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6891 users

[Patch 1.0.0.136: Lulu] General Discussion - Page 70

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 339 Next
Remember guys, this is the general discussion thread. Keep whine/QQ posts in the appropriate QQ memorial thread! Thanks!
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 24 2012 19:53 GMT
#1381
On March 25 2012 04:31 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 03:19 pschiu wrote:
You know what, with the insane amount of derp that doublelift has been mass-producing these days (not that he hasn't derped alot before), I'm surprised that we haven't already started calling him derpalift.

They say doublelift has no brain, cause he's really dumb

If I had dlift's mechanics I would be the best AD carry in the world.

Although to be fair, thats true for anyone above 1700.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Schwopzi
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands954 Posts
March 24 2012 19:59 GMT
#1382
On March 25 2012 04:53 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:31 arb wrote:
On March 25 2012 03:19 pschiu wrote:
You know what, with the insane amount of derp that doublelift has been mass-producing these days (not that he hasn't derped alot before), I'm surprised that we haven't already started calling him derpalift.

They say doublelift has no brain, cause he's really dumb

If I had dlift's mechanics I would be the best AD carry in the world.

Although to be fair, thats true for anyone above 1700.


Unless....
You have doublelifts mechanics but are 1700 because you derp even more.
Just sayin!
Only the dead have seen the end of war
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 24 2012 20:10 GMT
#1383
He does have twice the downs.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:22:11
March 24 2012 20:19 GMT
#1384
I don't get this talk about DL mechanics.I mean I'm not one of those ignorant ones that thinks LoL takes 0 skill but the mechanics that you need to learn in LoL are really elementary.I mean if someone thinks that scoot and shoot micro is a godly thing to be able to do than I don't really understand.
The challenge of LoL as a competitive game,in my eyes,lies in decision making,lane experiance against various champs and the ability to play a large number of champs really good.I don't see how a player that relies only on "mechanics" can be considered a top AD.
Cackle™
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 24 2012 20:23 GMT
#1385
On March 25 2012 04:59 Schwopzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:53 Two_DoWn wrote:
On March 25 2012 04:31 arb wrote:
On March 25 2012 03:19 pschiu wrote:
You know what, with the insane amount of derp that doublelift has been mass-producing these days (not that he hasn't derped alot before), I'm surprised that we haven't already started calling him derpalift.

They say doublelift has no brain, cause he's really dumb

If I had dlift's mechanics I would be the best AD carry in the world.

Although to be fair, thats true for anyone above 1700.


Unless....
You have doublelifts mechanics but are 1700 because you derp even more.
Just sayin!

You have obviously never seen me play before.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 24 2012 20:25 GMT
#1386
On March 25 2012 05:19 TheKefka wrote:
I don't get this talk about DL mechanics.I mean I'm not one of those ignorant ones that thinks LoL takes 0 skill but the mechanics that you need to learn in LoL are really elementary.I mean if someone thinks that scoot and shoot micro is a godly thing to be able to do than I don't really understand.
The challenge of LoL as a competitive game,in my eyes,lies in decision making,lane experiance against various champs and the ability to play a large number of champs really good.I don't see how a player that relies only on "mechanics" can be considered a top AD.

There must be SOMETHING he's doing better than anyone else when he out creepscores every other top player. And those blitz hooks mang.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:26:40
March 24 2012 20:26 GMT
#1387
On March 25 2012 05:19 TheKefka wrote:
I don't get this talk about DL mechanics.I mean I'm not one of those ignorant ones that thinks LoL takes 0 skill but the mechanics that you need to learn in LoL are really elementary.I mean if someone thinks that scoot and shoot micro is a godly thing to be able to do than I don't really understand.
The challenge of LoL as a competitive game,in my eyes,lies in decision making,lane experiance against various champs and the ability to play a large number of champs really good.I don't see how a player that relies only on "mechanics" can be considered a top AD.

Mechanics are usually what you call close quarter fights and CSing. The CSing part takes almost no skill (even though DL miraculously has always more than his opponents), the 1v1, 1v2, and teamfight part is waaaay harder. It's a lot of decision making in fact, like in 0.1s decision making.

Doublelift is very very good at little engages and fights :


Very few players in the world could keep their cool and win this fight. Every auto mattered.
The legend of Darien lives on
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
March 24 2012 20:28 GMT
#1388
I hate that clip. He DESERVED to die for being there. He just got so lucky the enemy team was fucking balls ass awful.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
March 24 2012 20:36 GMT
#1389
On March 25 2012 05:28 Two_DoWn wrote:
I hate that clip. He DESERVED to die for being there. He just got so lucky the enemy team was fucking balls ass awful.

i hate that clip too because for some reason some kids thought it would be a cool idea to record themselves screaming overi t
:)
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
March 24 2012 20:38 GMT
#1390
On March 25 2012 05:36 unichan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:28 Two_DoWn wrote:
I hate that clip. He DESERVED to die for being there. He just got so lucky the enemy team was fucking balls ass awful.

i hate that clip too because for some reason some kids thought it would be a cool idea to record themselves screaming overi t

that was audio from a different video, hence "that aint falco". so its really easy to hate it.
boomer hands
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:40:57
March 24 2012 20:39 GMT
#1391
That looked way more impressive than it actually was and the screaming part was overhype to the max lol.
He kitted corki around than when he was about to die to the next auto he used flash,autoed corki,got a crit off and killed him and just finished off a shaco that does no damage(wriggles recurve bow and long sword)
Don't get me wrong it was a good play but I'm pretty sure I saw better things out of him that people like to talk about when mentioning the "superior mechanics" of DL.
Cackle™
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
March 24 2012 20:39 GMT
#1392
On March 25 2012 05:28 Two_DoWn wrote:
I hate that clip. He DESERVED to die for being there. He just got so lucky the enemy team was fucking balls ass awful.


thats a stupid thing to say and you know it.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
March 24 2012 20:40 GMT
#1393
On March 25 2012 05:26 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:19 TheKefka wrote:
I don't get this talk about DL mechanics.I mean I'm not one of those ignorant ones that thinks LoL takes 0 skill but the mechanics that you need to learn in LoL are really elementary.I mean if someone thinks that scoot and shoot micro is a godly thing to be able to do than I don't really understand.
The challenge of LoL as a competitive game,in my eyes,lies in decision making,lane experiance against various champs and the ability to play a large number of champs really good.I don't see how a player that relies only on "mechanics" can be considered a top AD.

Mechanics are usually what you call close quarter fights and CSing. The CSing part takes almost no skill (even though DL miraculously has always more than his opponents), the 1v1, 1v2, and teamfight part is waaaay harder. It's a lot of decision making in fact, like in 0.1s decision making.

Doublelift is very very good at little engages and fights :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dof1-xN3h3k

Very few players in the world could keep their cool and win this fight. Every auto mattered.


It looked really cool I think I might start watching pro streams, I have no idea what you guys are talking about most of the time
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 24 2012 20:40 GMT
#1394
On March 25 2012 05:39 TheKefka wrote:
That looked way more impressive than it actually was and the screaming part was overhype to the max lol.
He kitted corki around than when he was about to die to the next auto he used flash,autoed corki,got a crit off and killed him and just finished off a shaco that does no damage(wriggles recurve bow and long sword)

Well I guess we can't impress you. Back to ling baneling micro for you.

Also, you guys are haters. WOMBO COMBO is a fucking amazing video and you know it.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:44:01
March 24 2012 20:42 GMT
#1395
Lol ok,sorry if that sounded idiotic,I'm really not hatting that much on DL as it seems.I just think there are better ads out there.>_>As I said it was a very good play.
I'll just shut up about it I guess.
Cackle™
warscythes
Profile Joined December 2011
365 Posts
March 24 2012 20:43 GMT
#1396
On March 25 2012 05:40 Dark_Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:26 mr_tolkien wrote:
On March 25 2012 05:19 TheKefka wrote:
I don't get this talk about DL mechanics.I mean I'm not one of those ignorant ones that thinks LoL takes 0 skill but the mechanics that you need to learn in LoL are really elementary.I mean if someone thinks that scoot and shoot micro is a godly thing to be able to do than I don't really understand.
The challenge of LoL as a competitive game,in my eyes,lies in decision making,lane experiance against various champs and the ability to play a large number of champs really good.I don't see how a player that relies only on "mechanics" can be considered a top AD.

Mechanics are usually what you call close quarter fights and CSing. The CSing part takes almost no skill (even though DL miraculously has always more than his opponents), the 1v1, 1v2, and teamfight part is waaaay harder. It's a lot of decision making in fact, like in 0.1s decision making.

Doublelift is very very good at little engages and fights :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dof1-xN3h3k

Very few players in the world could keep their cool and win this fight. Every auto mattered.


It looked really cool I think I might start watching pro streams, I have no idea what you guys are talking about most of the time


You should watch some pro streams, hell I watch more pro streams than I play these days.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:46:42
March 24 2012 20:44 GMT
#1397
On March 25 2012 05:39 clickrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:28 Two_DoWn wrote:
I hate that clip. He DESERVED to die for being there. He just got so lucky the enemy team was fucking balls ass awful.


thats a stupid thing to say and you know it.

Watch the clip again and look at the summoners available for CRS and tell me that they arent fucking retards.

@ Dark_Chill: It was REALLY cool to watch live as well. It was a great play from double. The problem that I have is that he should have NEVER been in position for that to happen in the first place. Its a bit like someone walking off of a balcony accidentally then doing one of those parcore rolls and not dying. The move is cool, but WTF were you doing walking off a balcony in the first place.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
March 24 2012 20:46 GMT
#1398
Well I can see why they wouldn't feel the need to exhaust or heal at first but after corki died and shaco was getting kited he should have exhausted lol.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
March 24 2012 20:47 GMT
#1399
9-1-22 as Janna. The tower killed me. Finished with a BT like a baws. (and I went as full support and didnt even try to ks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:53:22
March 24 2012 20:49 GMT
#1400
On March 25 2012 05:46 HazMat wrote:
Well I can see why they wouldn't feel the need to exhaust or heal at first but after corki died and shaco was getting kited he should have exhausted lol.

Um he should have exhausted right away,as I said what's a solo shaco with wriggles recurve bow and a ls gonna do to a zeal BT vayne?And yea corki got caught off guard by that crit I feel thats why he didn't use heal,kinda dumb that he waited so long anyway.
I agree with T_D,it was a really cool and good play but it was the other teams fault more than it was DL's stroke of genius.
Cackle™
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 164
Nina 104
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 187
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0183
PPMD54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9678
Liquid`Hasu1673
crisheroes1108
Trikslyr96
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5736
Beastyqt717
shahzam498
ToD251
B2W.Neo210
Pyrionflax175
JimRising 148
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS107
ZombieGrub78
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream346
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV534
League of Legends
• TFBlade950
Other Games
• imaqtpie1132
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.