• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:25
CEST 18:25
KST 01:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8553 users

[Patch 1.0.0.123: Skarner] General Discussion - Page 83

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 112 Next
sRapers_ValkS
Profile Joined August 2009
United States644 Posts
August 19 2011 20:06 GMT
#1641
On August 20 2011 04:57 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 04:44 broz0rs wrote:
On August 20 2011 04:12 Abenson wrote:
OMG IT'S LOCI's PLAYING MORG ON DAN DINH'S STREAM


man he was surrounded by fatties that game. can't possibly carry that.


Yeah, some games you're just going to lose =(. The worst part was that our Alistar was talking shit. At least it was only -6 because he was like 1600 and I'm 2400..

38 minute queues never end well.

you gotta duo queue with people who are like ~1366 elo to lower queue times.


OMG I'M 1366 ELO. WHATTTT
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 20:42:41
August 19 2011 20:42 GMT
#1642
Is season 2 of LoL really coming in late august?
That would mean that it's coming after gamescon.
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
August 19 2011 20:47 GMT
#1643
On August 20 2011 05:42 0123456789 wrote:
Is season 2 of LoL really coming in late august?
That would mean that it's coming after gamescon.

My guess is that it will start during/after PAX, they'll at least announce the date there imo
w00t
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
August 19 2011 20:48 GMT
#1644
On August 20 2011 05:47 ak1knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 05:42 0123456789 wrote:
Is season 2 of LoL really coming in late august?
That would mean that it's coming after gamescon.

My guess is that it will start during/after PAX, they'll at least announce the date there imo

no they'll announce the day that they will announce the release date:D
You can't milk those!
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 20:54:04
August 19 2011 20:49 GMT
#1645
Season 2, Dominion, Spectator and Replays all lined up for Sept/Oct pretty much I believe. They might want to get other servers (like Korea) up before then. Not sure.

Spectator and Replays are kinda already in the client anyway.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Froztlol
Profile Joined June 2011
United States6 Posts
August 19 2011 21:04 GMT
#1646
On August 20 2011 05:49 MoonBear wrote:
Season 2, Dominion, Spectator and Replays all lined up for Sept/Oct pretty much I believe. They might want to get other servers (like Korea) up before then. Not sure.

Spectator and Replays are kinda already in the client anyway.


China server and Taiwan server just went up 100%, Korean server coming soon.

Replays are later I believe. Spectator, Dominion, S2, and more lined up for this fall.

Sign my mousepad.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
August 19 2011 21:07 GMT
#1647
On August 19 2011 05:50 Mogwai wrote:
I've played with 2 Skarners recently. They both did a full clear in under 4:00. Doesn't seem that bad too me @_@.


How? I am a Skarner lover all the way but i seriously for the life of me can't see how he can do a full clear in 4 minutes.
LancerStarcraft
Profile Joined July 2010
United States235 Posts
August 19 2011 21:20 GMT
#1648
On August 20 2011 06:07 zalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 05:50 Mogwai wrote:
I've played with 2 Skarners recently. They both did a full clear in under 4:00. Doesn't seem that bad too me @_@.


How? I am a Skarner lover all the way but i seriously for the life of me can't see how he can do a full clear in 4 minutes.


Copy/paste from page 21


Cloth + 5 pots opening

Flash/Smite

0/21/9 Masteries

Armor Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Attack Speed Blues
Flat Attack Damage Quints

Skill order

QEQWQR

R>Q>E>W

Like 3:55 clear, gets real dicey on blue, without a leash I seem to always be left with like 50 hp, but its pretty easy from there. Open to suggestions. I think i could shave a few sec off that time.
"Buy a ward. Stop a gank. Save a life."
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
August 19 2011 21:30 GMT
#1649
On August 20 2011 06:20 LancerStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 06:07 zalz wrote:
On August 19 2011 05:50 Mogwai wrote:
I've played with 2 Skarners recently. They both did a full clear in under 4:00. Doesn't seem that bad too me @_@.


How? I am a Skarner lover all the way but i seriously for the life of me can't see how he can do a full clear in 4 minutes.


Copy/paste from page 21


Cloth + 5 pots opening

Flash/Smite

0/21/9 Masteries

Armor Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Attack Speed Blues
Flat Attack Damage Quints

Skill order

QEQWQR

R>Q>E>W

Like 3:55 clear, gets real dicey on blue, without a leash I seem to always be left with like 50 hp, but its pretty easy from there. Open to suggestions. I think i could shave a few sec off that time.


I bet aspd reds/quints would make a faster time, q spam with passive and whatnot. Definitely going to be more damage than the flat damage/arpen.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 19 2011 21:51 GMT
#1650
Get someone with an AoE spell to leash wolves and clear wolves before doing blue. Save yourself 15-ish seconds.
Moderator
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
August 19 2011 22:09 GMT
#1651
1400/1500's no jungle on both sides... What is this
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
August 19 2011 22:16 GMT
#1652
On August 20 2011 07:09 0123456789 wrote:
1400/1500's no jungle on both sides... What is this

Could be worse. I had a game at 1500 with people so set on their roles, "I NEED TO JUNGLE", "I NEED TO ROAM", and "WE NEED TO DUO LANE" that we seriously had no top lane. I got sent mid and NO ONE WOULD TAKE TOP.

"Holycrap cow we need someone to cover top!"
"NO I"M ROAMING"

"Uhhhh ok can one of you guys bot go top please?"
"No we duo'd and want to lane together"

"Uhhhh ok trynd can you please cover top??"
"NO I"M RUNED FOR THE JUNGLE"
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
August 19 2011 22:29 GMT
#1653
Some1 was jungling for our side without smite, so I just 2v1'd top and raped both...
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
August 19 2011 22:43 GMT
#1654
On August 20 2011 06:20 LancerStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 06:07 zalz wrote:
On August 19 2011 05:50 Mogwai wrote:
I've played with 2 Skarners recently. They both did a full clear in under 4:00. Doesn't seem that bad too me @_@.


How? I am a Skarner lover all the way but i seriously for the life of me can't see how he can do a full clear in 4 minutes.


Copy/paste from page 21


Cloth + 5 pots opening

Flash/Smite

0/21/9 Masteries

Armor Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Attack Speed Blues
Flat Attack Damage Quints

Skill order

QEQWQR

R>Q>E>W

Like 3:55 clear, gets real dicey on blue, without a leash I seem to always be left with like 50 hp, but its pretty easy from there. Open to suggestions. I think i could shave a few sec off that time.


I run aspd red dodge yellow scaling mr blue and movespeed quint, so my Skarno go VROOM VROOM
400 movespeed with boots1 y/n?
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 23:54:51
August 19 2011 23:37 GMT
#1655
On August 20 2011 04:08 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 20:25 HazMat wrote:
From my experience with playing with Neo's magnificent Wukong.
- Doesn't get a single buff till like 6mins (think every Gmanbob route ever)
- Decent gank up top helps me get a kill
- Lose as fed Lee Sin and Pdiz Karthus because we have Wukong on our team




lol, I do a leashed golem start on WK, and can get red buff alright, but his hp plummets, even after wriggles (AD gain is too low so he actually doesn't even sustain with wriggles). That makes his mid-game really weak because he needs some tanky items but also needs damage to do anything. I tried fucking around with non-wriggles openings but I couldn't get them to work either. Also tried changing around runes and masteries and juggled them around but I still couldn't solve his reliance on health potions.


EQEWER, R > E > Q > W
0 21 9
My page 3 for Runes
Smite/Flash
Cloth + 3 hp pots

Some things to realize about WuKong:
- His early jungle is atrocious. Up until you have Madred's and a higher level E for additional AS, WuKong is really subpar.
- Ganking is definitely WK's strength. Solid gap closer and he shreds armor. If lane allies have CC, this is even better.
- The nice thing about WK is that he can gank and fail but never actually get counter ganked thanks to his W. You just have to ward the Rivers/Tribush to know when the best timing to W is.

Starting route is Golems, Wraiths, Wolves for fast level 3. This is the safe route and I typically only have to use 1, maybe 2 pots at most. If enemy team doesn't have redonkulous early game presence (like Garen + Blitz), I try to go Wraith steal, Wolves, Wraith, Golem.
I back, Boots, 1 ward, and a few more pots then try to gank a lane (usually top, hinder top solo means more than bot imo, which is usually just a farmfest). Like I said before, obviously chose a lane where your allies have CC. You have great burst potential, just no way to slow/stop enemies from running or Flashing away. If enemies do Flash away, consider it a success but try again if possible. Gap closing skill is awsum, so why not?
If either solo lanes need you to hold lane while they base, this helps you immensely. Mostly because it's free gold/exp at no cost to your health obv. At level 5, you can successful Blue, with or without Madred's but use Smite here. Base, Madred's, then get Red. Gank some more. Level 6 ganks are his strongest because he suddenly has an AOE Knockup. Makes tower diving some ezpz stuff.

Item build I just go the standard Tanky DPS:
Cloth, Boots, Madred's, Wriggles, Merc, Phage, Zeal, Trinity.
From here, most of the time it's just more survivability, Banshee's + Atma's.
If I do decide to go balls out AD, Ghostblade would be my pick. Just so much synergy between WuKong's Kit and GB stats/active.

And to defend myself from Dizzle's douchebag comments, WuKong is definitely a champion that is capable of Jungling but not viable. I don't solo lane, so I try shit like this out when I have time. I would obviously never pick Jungle WK over say Noc in a serious game. He's just fun to play.
Lastly, for the record, we didn't lose the game because I played WK. I ganked fine and stay up in levels with enemy jungle. Dizzle also went some trololol build cause he didn't take the game seriously and our team fights were just not there. WK is fine in jungle.

Edit: I have been considering AD Quints but never actually tried them because I'm too hesitant (read: lazy) to change my rune pages.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 19 2011 23:43 GMT
#1656
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-reduction-plan

Finally more champ bundles. Sucks that I have almost every champ by now.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Iskusstvo
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom323 Posts
August 19 2011 23:58 GMT
#1657
On a really dumb losing streak. Would calm down by playing vs. AI, but slightly afraid I might loose that too, given how shit my last 5 games have been.
If your life had a face, I'd punch it. I'd punch your life in the face.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 20 2011 00:01 GMT
#1658
Season 1 is almost over. Why you afraid to queue?
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
August 20 2011 00:03 GMT
#1659
yay, I don't have any of the champs in the melee bundle. getting that one fosho.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 00:36:13
August 20 2011 00:35 GMT
#1660
On August 20 2011 08:43 HazMat wrote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-reduction-plan

Finally more champ bundles. Sucks that I have almost every champ by now.


Warwick, Teemo and Jax got their prices slashed to 1350 IP today from what I can see.
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 112 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 451
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi1003
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1112
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
FrodaN1280
B2W.Neo963
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile128
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 36m
INu's Battles
19h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.