• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

[Discussion] Dominion - Page 11

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 39 Next All
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 00:28:23
September 22 2011 00:15 GMT
#201
Time to use my European smurf. cool to the max

edit
Can't hook with 200ms lol
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
September 22 2011 00:34 GMT
#202
I still don't get the Dominion idea at all. I mean, I need to get all the rules with the points and stuff. Anyone got a nice link or care to explain really simple?

Anyway, just went like 20/6 Akali 1793 points
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 00:54:06
September 22 2011 00:53 GMT
#203
Team with less nodes than other team loses nexus health.
The bigger the difference, the faster you lose health.
There are 3 places around the map to haste you, 1 shield pickup spawning in the middle, and some (crappy) health restore pickups. Minions spawn from nodes own. Towers attack people who attack enemies near it, but you can channel to capture it w/o it attacking you

Pick akali/jax, win every game.
twitch.tv/cratonz
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
September 22 2011 01:17 GMT
#204
On death passives from karthus and Kogmaw seem like they are really good in Dominion. Sucks that chogath is going to be pretty useless in Dominion though since he cant' stack his feasts.
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 01:20:25
September 22 2011 01:19 GMT
#205
This thing is impossible to understand.
I don't get it.
Lost 3 games in a row
yay.

Goddamit I think I lost cuz I was going traditional items.
Went 11-3 as xin and still couldn't carry
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 01:26:14
September 22 2011 01:22 GMT
#206
Akili, riven are retarded in dominion.

Add Jax to that list
WriterXiao8~~
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
September 22 2011 01:32 GMT
#207
LOL after epic game

5:3 and 3:1 in the end and lol we won, haha :D
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 01:36:33
September 22 2011 01:34 GMT
#208
Dominion seems fun but with less strategy involved from the streams I've been watching. Sustain is not viable, items or heroes. Everyone dies faster because of the Dominion AD and AP penetration buff so I don't think it really helps to build defensive items either. It's just diving in and killing or dying.

Dominion Aura
There is a constant aura on this map granting all champions adjusted stats:

15% armor penetration.
5% magic penetration.
20% healing reduction. (this stacks additively with other healing reduction effects)
mana regeneration bonus.
A fixed experience gain over time.
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
September 22 2011 01:42 GMT
#209
Ok, so Dominion is like. I don't really know. I've not had that much fun with it and because no one was on skype to listen to me, I'm going to type out my frustrations.

So as a majority of characters I didn't feel like there was a lot I could do. Fighting other people was just sorta dependant on whether or not you had help coming. If you 1v1 someone you won't live long enough afterwards to warrant doing so and you barely seem to have enough time to recover between fights.

Pushing creeps is a waste of time in almost every case. Running past the creeps to cap the tower is always a better option so why bother with creeps and 1v1 fights.

Defending a tower comes down to whether or not you can stop everyone capping and survive in the process so it's barely worth doing that. The towers deal so much damage it's the same story on the offensive too. If you can stop the tower shooting then you're fine. It just seems to be completely down to if someone is channeling or not.

On the offensive:
Tower not shooting = easy win
Tower shooting = Completely fucked.

and vice versa on the defensive.

Moving as a group of three isn't really worth it because you could be aimlessly trying to capture three bases instead.

Basically it's come down to: If you're not capping a base, go cap a base. If people are capping the same base as you, run away and cap your own base. Don't bother defending points if you're even slightly outnumbered, don't 1v1 fight, don't push, don't group up. Also, the points don't matter until the last 50 or so. Coming back from 250-50 seems a frequent occurance. So the early game doesn't matter at all and there's no real way to get a substantial advantage. I dunno, it's just kinda dull atm.

Akali is also everywhere.

Btw, pro tip: Kayle super good on dominion. Has solutions to all the issues the map presents.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
September 22 2011 01:56 GMT
#210
That's why there's gonna be Normal Draft for Dominion as well, so You can ban akali/jax/rumble and other stuff ;-) I've just played 4 games premade, me as akali, won 4 of them, was pretty fun to be honest )
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
September 22 2011 02:23 GMT
#211
On September 22 2011 10:42 Flicky wrote:
Basically it's come down to: If you're not capping a base, go cap a base. If people are capping the same base as you, run away and cap your own base. Don't bother defending points if you're even slightly outnumbered, don't 1v1 fight, don't push, don't group up. Also, the points don't matter until the last 50 or so. Coming back from 250-50 seems a frequent occurance. So the early game doesn't matter at all and there's no real way to get a substantial advantage. I dunno, it's just kinda dull atm.

You clearly weren't playing as Jax I see
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
September 22 2011 02:26 GMT
#212
OK, played my first 2 games of dominion just now (can't play anymore ), and it's pretty fun. Didn't do too great but won both games.

GP seems like a really strong pick right now. Jax is good but I'm not sure that my build was all that great for dominion, or if I just played him wrong. I went dodge boots, gunblade and then that BV replacement. I would have built triforce but the game ended before that.

I have a feeling that I should have got a bit more movespeed, but how exactly, I'm not sure yet. Boots 5 seem really good, but I reckon just going Tri Force and FoN might be a decent option.
little fancy
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2504 Posts
September 22 2011 02:32 GMT
#213
Was only able to play 3 games but this is what I got so far:

1) Rammus is very strong. Armor stacking + passive + DBC + Shard Aura (like 15% Armor pen or so?) = awesome damage and you're unkillable btw.

2) Mobile burst champs like Akali and to some extent Nidalee are really strong, too.

3) Tanky DPS > Ranged AD

I tried Tristana in my last game and even though I did really well (Boots + IE + PD at around 10 minutes is strong for Dominion I guess?) it just wasn't enough because you only got 5-8 more minutes left until the game is over.

There was an Amumu that got 3 people in his ult so I could do a triple kill without taking any damage but the remaining Renekton and Jax killed us 2v3 with over half their HP left.

Garen starting with Boots 1 + Pickaxe is very strong, too.

AdrenalGBR
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom182 Posts
September 22 2011 02:33 GMT
#214
Well unfortunately I was playing Trackmania when they released Dominion beta on EU and was alerted to it by a friend with 10 minutes to go so I only got one game in, but that game is the most fun I've had with anything in weeks.

Flicky, I think you're reading too much into things; trying to find strategy in what seems to me to be a frantic game of individual skill. Things like "don't bother defending points if you're even slightly outnumbered" is a vast exaggeration. That's black-and-white terminology. There's nothing stopping you from ducking and diving with a hero like, say, Talon, landing small hits on two or three heroes with your ult and getting out unscathed until your teammates show up.

Skills are used differently here, builds will look vastly different (I found myself maxing W with Orianna because Level 1 Q was enough to position the ball and prevent caps) and we've really only scratched the surface. It's not Summoner's Rift. It's almost an entirely new game; you should treat it as such.
69% mass arena // Constructed: Dec R5 / Jan Legend #144
Conzeq
Profile Joined April 2010
64 Posts
September 22 2011 02:37 GMT
#215
Tips:

- Go for towers, and not the creeps that much.
- Do not chase heroes - kills are not THAT important. Let them run and capture the tower instead.
- Do not team up more than 3, and try to stay away from teaming up 3, since you open up your defenses on the other towers.
- Play a beefy char like: Udyr, Singed, Nunu, Rammus and some tanky dps-characters like Akali, Irelia, Riven and so on.

I pwned with Ezreal and still lost .. Had like 25 kills and 4 deaths. It's more important to catch the towers, than getting the kills.
wtf
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
September 22 2011 02:46 GMT
#216
K- so Two_DoWn was wrong.

I assumed the mode would be more balanced because it was 5v5. Nope. Its worse than TT. The map is too big by about 50%, so everything comes down to 1v1 and 2v2 fights, or else you lose the whole map. Which basically puts us at TT type heroes being godly. Only because everyone starts at 3 with extra gold, they are even MORE godly.

So ya. Its a mess.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
September 22 2011 03:06 GMT
#217
i found it fun because of no laning and just go kill kill kill with some OP hero that gets a crapton of gold automatically, but in the long run i rather play SR.
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
September 22 2011 03:21 GMT
#218
I played only one game in dominon, it felt so new and giddy I had no clue what to do so I just started with Singed. Morg is severly op in this map a fkton of CC and she has a "Banshees veil" with her shield. Cant wait to do it again.
in The Kong line forever
HuanhansXD
Profile Joined September 2011
Austria87 Posts
September 22 2011 06:51 GMT
#219
I played it tonight in the limited beta phase and frapsed it.
Maybe some ppl that didnt get to play it can see some of the gameplay.
I hope you enjoy.
XD
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
September 22 2011 07:05 GMT
#220
I'd be interested to see how the ratings people give dominion match their ranked SR ratings. Don't have a good way to poll with tuples, though.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48166
Hyuk 1432
Jaedong 809
EffOrt 462
Soma 426
Horang2 386
Soulkey 380
actioN 339
BeSt 335
Mini 318
[ Show more ]
Light 270
Last 267
Zeus 259
Stork 237
910 184
Larva 171
ggaemo 146
Snow 124
Rush 112
ZerO 92
Pusan 83
Killer 81
Mind 67
Shine 53
JYJ 44
Creator 43
Sharp 43
Shinee 36
hero 32
Free 31
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
Terrorterran 14
Noble 14
sorry 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi642
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff247
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1652
crisheroes1063
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2048
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax273
byalli264
DeMusliM254
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King88
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8m
Rex109
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 8m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.