• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:09
CEST 12:09
KST 19:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7168 users

Heroes of the Storm Info and Impressions - Page 12

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
318 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 16 Next All
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 21:36:35
November 11 2013 21:36 GMT
#221
On November 11 2013 22:50 lepape wrote:
I can't believe people are complaining this game is too casual. Like most people here, I've been playing DotA for what, at least 10 years now, and with a minimum of objectivity, DotA has some design flaws that go from ''terrible'' to ''abysmal''.

If there's anything this genre needs, it's a more casual approach to it, and less ''20 minutes of babysitting a carry that ends up being terrible with a support hero on which you will barely get any item'', or ''fighting on who buys the wards and the chicken'', or even ''the game is already over but let's all waste another 15 minutes until we can all leave''. And I can't imagine how confusing the item system must be for a new player. In many ways, this is pretty much one of the most hardcore games out there.

We ignore or accept all those terrible gameplay aspects in DotA simply because we got used to it, and because the good overcomes the bad, the heroes are so much fun. But come on, after 10 years, we should expect more from games we put countless of hours into.

Also, every hero having a ''good skin'' and an ''evil skin'', depending on which team you're on, that's just amazing.

When i hear people talk about dota i sometime wonder if we play the same game... I almost never "babysit" my carry for more than 10 min. I would either be in a 2v2 or 3v3 lane, trying to zone out the other and to kill them, or if it's against a solo offlaner i would try to kill him, rotate to mid etc. The early game is by far my favorite part of the game when i play a support hero, this is the time where supports shine. People still talk about dota as if the metagame was still all about 4 protect 1.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 21:54:09
November 11 2013 21:52 GMT
#222
On November 12 2013 03:37 RagequitBM wrote:
Pretty cool that they used Diablo 2 appearance for Diablo and Tyrael. I think they looked way better there. Now I just wish they used Death Knight Arthas rather than Lich King. Still, looks like a really fun game.

I'm sure there will be a DK Arthas skin - they already have LK and Paladin Arthas in.
On November 12 2013 03:43 hansonslee wrote:
If people are wondering about how carries can "farm", Kerrigan can gather shield when attacking an opponent, Sonia can attack to gain "rage" points, which can be used for her abilities, and Valla can increase her attack and movement speed when attacking. I just hope Blizzard incorporates that "build-up" mechanic for most of these assassins to make them more like carries!

A lot of these are pretty short duration. I didn't play Kerrigan or Sonya, but Valla's attack speed buff only lasts for 10-15 seconds (didn't pull out a stop watch). I think it's mostly something to make their damage stand out in sustained battles.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
sqrt
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1210 Posts
November 12 2013 01:11 GMT
#223
I really think we are looking at the the wrong way - this is not going to be played in the same way as DOTA or League, so using the same preconceptions on how the game will go is wrong.

For example I think the laning phase will be gone. As you are no longer getting any bonus from last hitting, there is little reason to stay in lane, what I speculate will happen is that people will jungle/hover around the lanes, targeting neutrals or ganking in order to secure bonus XP, and then they'll return to lane once the enemy has pushed, so as to push it back.

The carry/support role as we know it from DotA will be removed as well I suspect. Exactly how it'd be replaced I do not know, but I think it'd be in a burst/sustain/control trinity form. Difference from DOTA being that the people providing sustain/control can contribute significantly to burst as well, seeing how everyone is on the same level.

And people WILL find ways to differentiate good players from bad - if you can do it in poker, you can do it in anything. it just won't be in the same way we do for other games of the same genre.
@
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
November 12 2013 03:00 GMT
#224
Here's Blizzard's official recap: http://us.battle.net//blizzcon/en/blog/11589056
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 12 2013 03:01 GMT
#225
Only thing that makes me kinda sad is that they will probably bring in heroes from the metzen era of lore.
Random gids that appeared only in novels, characters that got introduced in WoW and the like.

I have no idea how often I have seen Uther in the spotlight for example, and it feels forced. What about Medivh, Lothar or personalities from diablo 2. At least there are rumors Fenix will be in the game.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
November 12 2013 03:06 GMT
#226
On November 12 2013 12:01 Mataza wrote:
Only thing that makes me kinda sad is that they will probably bring in heroes from the metzen era of lore.
Random gids that appeared only in novels, characters that got introduced in WoW and the like.

I have no idea how often I have seen Uther in the spotlight for example, and it feels forced. What about Medivh, Lothar or personalities from diablo 2. At least there are rumors Fenix will be in the game.

Metzen kind of made Warcraft as a universe, anyone from the franchise will be from "His era." Lothar is a strong possibility for the future since he's the Alliance focus in the movie, so they'll probably do some cross promotion with him.

Also, Uther first showed up in WC2.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 12 2013 03:20 GMT
#227
I know when Uther first showed up, my point is that it feels forced how often he is shoved in our faces. For characters like Arthas or Kerrigan it feels appropriate to to brought up often.
In WC2 and WC3 Uther was just one of many characters. And those other characters don't appear nearly as often.

It's clear that someone at Blizzard really loves to bring out Uther.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
November 12 2013 03:24 GMT
#228
On November 12 2013 12:20 Mataza wrote:
I know when Uther first showed up, my point is that it feels forced how often he is shoved in our faces. For characters like Arthas or Kerrigan it feels appropriate to to brought up often.
In WC2 and WC3 Uther was just one of many characters. And those other characters don't appear nearly as often.

It's clear that someone at Blizzard really loves to bring out Uther.

I assume it's because there's a real dearth of paladin characters and more people are gonna know Uther than, say, Liadrin or Dezco or even Turalyon. That might change after WoD brings Yrel and Maraad to the forefront, but for the time being Uther is still the face of Warcraft paladins.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
November 12 2013 04:09 GMT
#229
On November 12 2013 12:24 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 12:20 Mataza wrote:
I know when Uther first showed up, my point is that it feels forced how often he is shoved in our faces. For characters like Arthas or Kerrigan it feels appropriate to to brought up often.
In WC2 and WC3 Uther was just one of many characters. And those other characters don't appear nearly as often.

It's clear that someone at Blizzard really loves to bring out Uther.

I assume it's because there's a real dearth of paladin characters and more people are gonna know Uther than, say, Liadrin or Dezco or even Turalyon. That might change after WoD brings Yrel and Maraad to the forefront, but for the time being Uther is still the face of Warcraft paladins.

Tirion Fordring?

Not that I mind Uther, but there are only 2 or 3 famous lore characters for any given class (mages and warriors being the obvious exceptions... I guess shamans as well).

Name one priest other than Tyrande. Name one warlock other than Gul'dan, a druid other than Malfurion (Staghelm the gimp doesn't count) or a rogue other than Garona.

Sure, they exist, and if you think a bit you can come up with 1 or 2 more for each, but it's hardly surprising that there aren't that many famous paladins.
NukeD
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia1612 Posts
November 12 2013 11:39 GMT
#230
Watching the videos of the matches they played I got an impression that 90% of time you run around with your whole team and do the objectives. I dont like that aspect so much. In LoL and Dota I mostly enjoy the first half of the game when you are alone or with one more teammate pushing your lane, trying to gang. Late game, when you are all bunched up engaging the enemy feels like a cluster**** to me and Im not really fond of that.

Maybe in this game they make those battles more fun I hope.
sorry for dem one liners
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
November 12 2013 14:06 GMT
#231
On November 12 2013 20:39 NukeD wrote:
Watching the videos of the matches they played I got an impression that 90% of time you run around with your whole team and do the objectives. I dont like that aspect so much. In LoL and Dota I mostly enjoy the first half of the game when you are alone or with one more teammate pushing your lane, trying to gang. Late game, when you are all bunched up engaging the enemy feels like a cluster**** to me and Im not really fond of that.

Maybe in this game they make those battles more fun I hope.


I don't know, I don't really *love* laning very much. It can be very frustrating to "win lane lose game", which is one major reason I took a break from LoL.

Running around as a team, teamfighting, and completing objectives is WAY more fun than PvE'ing in lane against minions.
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
November 12 2013 14:16 GMT
#232
On November 12 2013 23:06 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 20:39 NukeD wrote:
Watching the videos of the matches they played I got an impression that 90% of time you run around with your whole team and do the objectives. I dont like that aspect so much. In LoL and Dota I mostly enjoy the first half of the game when you are alone or with one more teammate pushing your lane, trying to gang. Late game, when you are all bunched up engaging the enemy feels like a cluster**** to me and Im not really fond of that.

Maybe in this game they make those battles more fun I hope.


I don't know, I don't really *love* laning very much. It can be very frustrating to "win lane lose game", which is one major reason I took a break from LoL.

Running around as a team, teamfighting, and completing objectives is WAY more fun than PvE'ing in lane against minions.

To be fair, winning your lane is usually more about removing your opponent from it than who clicks on creeps better.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
November 12 2013 16:05 GMT
#233
On November 12 2013 23:16 Dfgj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 23:06 Crownlol wrote:
On November 12 2013 20:39 NukeD wrote:
Watching the videos of the matches they played I got an impression that 90% of time you run around with your whole team and do the objectives. I dont like that aspect so much. In LoL and Dota I mostly enjoy the first half of the game when you are alone or with one more teammate pushing your lane, trying to gang. Late game, when you are all bunched up engaging the enemy feels like a cluster**** to me and Im not really fond of that.

Maybe in this game they make those battles more fun I hope.


I don't know, I don't really *love* laning very much. It can be very frustrating to "win lane lose game", which is one major reason I took a break from LoL.

Running around as a team, teamfighting, and completing objectives is WAY more fun than PvE'ing in lane against minions.

To be fair, winning your lane is usually more about removing your opponent from it than who clicks on creeps better.

Yeah people keep repeating that laning it's PvEing vs minion... it's not you have a lane opponent and that's what makes it interesting! Clearing jungle/map objective camps though like heroes seems to be revolving around is actually PvE most of the time though...
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
November 12 2013 16:36 GMT
#234
On November 12 2013 23:06 Crownlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 20:39 NukeD wrote:
Watching the videos of the matches they played I got an impression that 90% of time you run around with your whole team and do the objectives. I dont like that aspect so much. In LoL and Dota I mostly enjoy the first half of the game when you are alone or with one more teammate pushing your lane, trying to gang. Late game, when you are all bunched up engaging the enemy feels like a cluster**** to me and Im not really fond of that.

Maybe in this game they make those battles more fun I hope.


I don't know, I don't really *love* laning very much. It can be very frustrating to "win lane lose game", which is one major reason I took a break from LoL.

Running around as a team, teamfighting, and completing objectives is WAY more fun than PvE'ing in lane against minions.


The thing you seem to miss is that most laning is 1v1 or 2v2 with jungler or roam interaction for temporary numbers advantadge. Teamfighting is by definition reliant on your team. If the game has a significant laning phase you can still feel good about that even if your team is a bunch of trolls or are playing like retards (a significant risk in any teamgame, hell sometimes I'm the guy who plays like a retard). You might have lost the game terribly but you can say stuff like "at least I totally owned that XY 1v1" and still feel pumped after the game (on the flipside that same thing often leads to flamewars, "I owned top so hard but you fed mid even harder etc. etc.").

As it looks this game will be all about teamwork and coordination. The part of LoL and Dota that pisses me off often is exactly that part when I try to find a quick game solo, simply because it usually doesn't exist (or is restricted to a very basic level).

It looks like a fun game for 5v5 with friends or other arranged groups, but the SoloQ aspect looks like a complete nightmare to me. Maybe I'm just too jaded and the entire community will rock and 5 random guys will mesh into a team immediately, but somehow I just can't see that happening.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
November 13 2013 13:55 GMT
#235
This looks like a graphed up funmap to me… And not one thats actually fun in the long haul.
Objective based gameplay is a neat idea, but i fear it forces the game too much towards these objectives instead of the real goal to kill the enemy base/ancient/stronghold (whatever they call it here).

I somehow get a Dawn of War 2 „extreme version“ (no armies at all) vibe from it.
PardonYou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1360 Posts
November 13 2013 14:00 GMT
#236
On November 13 2013 22:55 Velr wrote:
This looks like a graphed up funmap to me… And not one thats actually fun in the long haul.
Objective based gameplay is a neat idea, but i fear it forces the game too much towards these objectives instead of the real goal to kill the enemy base/ancient/stronghold (whatever they call it here).

I somehow get a Dawn of War 2 „extreme version“ (no armies at all) vibe from it.

I think that's the point. Get the reward, and the reward makes it easier to strike the enemy.

My question is how often will there be team fights trying to get these objectives? And what's the benefit of not getting the objectives to doing so. I guess we'll have to wait until beta to play around with it.
Bentatoe
Profile Joined November 2013
United States1 Post
November 13 2013 14:38 GMT
#237
On November 09 2013 19:27 JustPassingBy wrote:
Stiches should've been the butcher, imo and Valla should've been either Natalya or Danetta



During the Deep Dive panel on Saturday before the live matches at Blizzcon, they showed a bunch of champions and some of their skins in alphabetical order. The butcher was on that list, then later on you saw stitches with like 5 skins or so. So they are both in the game, at least from what they showed, but of course that could change.
Men get up and shoot something, Girls get up and Twerk something
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
November 13 2013 14:48 GMT
#238
On November 13 2013 23:38 Bentatoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 19:27 JustPassingBy wrote:
Stiches should've been the butcher, imo and Valla should've been either Natalya or Danetta



During the Deep Dive panel on Saturday before the live matches at Blizzcon, they showed a bunch of champions and some of their skins in alphabetical order. The butcher was on that list, then later on you saw stitches with like 5 skins or so. So they are both in the game, at least from what they showed, but of course that could change.

http://www.gameskinny.com/zytoh/heroes-of-the-storm-hero-and-skin-list-that-we-know-so-far
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
November 13 2013 15:50 GMT
#239
Do the heroes from D3 (Sonya, Valla, etc) have anything to do with the lore of D3??
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
November 13 2013 18:40 GMT
#240
Looking forward to this game
looks very cool
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 205
ByuN 39
SHIN 11
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10302
Britney 6847
Rain 3250
soO 674
Stork 440
BeSt 367
Soulkey 350
Soma 306
Rush 265
firebathero 251
[ Show more ]
Barracks 115
FanTaSy 112
Shinee 56
Mind 55
Bisu 55
Sexy 47
Killer 36
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
Shine 20
hero 19
sorry 16
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Hm[arnc] 14
yabsab 14
Last 11
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 423
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1332
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 52m
OSC
12h 52m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.