• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:29
CEST 10:29
KST 17:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8502 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 439

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 437 438 439 440 441 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
June 11 2015 16:36 GMT
#8761
So today I tried to play some Dota2 again. Came to the conclusion that Heroes is more fun. I miss mounting/hearthstoning and the constant action that HotS provides. Dota feels a bit old fashioned now. (also HotS actually has way prettier graphics) Played it for more than 10 years so it's strange feeling to not really enjoy it as much. Fights CAN feel a bit more epic in Dota though due to the build up and hefty hit or lose skills. But other than that I think Heroes is a lot more smooth experience and just more fun.

- It's good you can lose fast in heroes. If you get stomped it's only a 12 min game. Waiting until the enemy carry is done farming is really something i don't miss.
- I don't miss items or gold. That horrible wait until you finally get your boots on a support, no thank you.
- Heroes feels way more team oriented. No worries about who takes the creep or not helping a teammate because you almost got enough saved for that one item. (obv this changes with friends in a team but for solo it's great). Also mounting really helps to get to teammates fast instead of being stuck on the other side of the map.
- Matchmaking is faster, and once your in, your in. I hate the loadingscreen in dota after the loading screen which can send you back to menus if someone suddenly doesn't connect.

The only big problem with heroes imo is the over-expensive cost of the heroes themselves. They should really lower some hero prices or increase gold gain. There's 14 heroes that cost 10k and 11 more 7k and you can never get them as you only get like 10k/month from quests and some pocket change after a win. Real money prices are also like 300% too high. As they keep adding new heroes it will be harder and harder for new players to get a decent roster and I really wonder how this will effect the growth of the game.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Narw
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland884 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-11 17:26:09
June 11 2015 17:23 GMT
#8762
Wait what about matchmaking? In HoTS if someone crashes at loading and dosn't come into the game you are playing with bot. There is no safe to leave. I think i will take the "go to to search for match again" Dota model, dunno why. Also If someone dc's at Hero League draft you are going back to search same as in Dota.

Matchmaking is faster, yeah, i wait only 15 seconds to get into the match where other team can have five 3-3,5k guys and you are solo 3k matched with 4 low 2k rated guys. And no, losing just -1 point dosn't make it any better for me.

Graphics are nicer? I would call it personal preference and definitly not "way prettier". Not to mention i could play Dota 2 on my old HD 4850 on medium-high settings, while if i tried playing HoTS on that it would struggle to even maintain 20 fps on lowest details, SC2 engine in its finest. If you like cartoonish style of graphics i can understand you prefer HoTS, other way i don't exactly get the the point here.

Gameplay is personal preference so im not gonna touch that.


Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 11 2015 17:25 GMT
#8763
I, too, enjoy Heroes more than I ever did DOTA but I don't see why people need to constantly quantify their reasons. I play heroes because I have fun playing it. I don't play DOTA because I don't have fun. Both are barely even the same genre of games. I also enjoy Heroes more than Final Fantasy games but I'm not making a list why.
Wat
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
June 11 2015 18:16 GMT
#8764
On June 12 2015 02:25 Tenks wrote:
I, too, enjoy Heroes more than I ever did DOTA but I don't see why people need to constantly quantify their reasons. I play heroes because I have fun playing it. I don't play DOTA because I don't have fun. Both are barely even the same genre of games. I also enjoy Heroes more than Final Fantasy games but I'm not making a list why.


It's unfortunate, but a common response to "I like playing X" is "But why since Game Y is better" whether it's comparing MOBAs or Starcrafts or FPSes, etc.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 11 2015 18:24 GMT
#8765
I'm the real purist here. I only play AoS.

Get on my level.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-11 18:27:57
June 11 2015 18:27 GMT
#8766
On June 12 2015 03:24 Seuss wrote:
I'm the real purist here. I only play AoS.

Get on my level.


I can't hear you over the sound of my Atari. What's more purist than one button and a joystick?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-11 18:36:24
June 11 2015 18:34 GMT
#8767
On June 11 2015 22:14 FeyFey wrote:
she can improve her waveclear through talents, just like Sylv takes unstable poison despite losing alot of damage vs players. And Nova can do siege mercs rather well.
People just don't take those talents because she would lose her burst. And as if she was the only hero with no counterplay. Even though there is spell shield which turns nova into the hunted until she gets a free shot of without dieing. Or other defensive talents, oh wait ranged squishies wanna keep their burst.

This is just a preference discussion anyway. Nova basically brings the moment of when you are near a bush and suddenly a Jaina or Kael pops out to the whole map. And everyone hates to fail that way.


Exactly, getting combo-ed by a Jaina beyond LoS isn't exactly something that different than being gibbed by a Nova (especially since she generally can't 100-0 any heroes as others have mentioned, but I'm pretty sure Jaina with a WE combo can, plus the range on that bastard is huge).

On June 12 2015 03:16 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 02:25 Tenks wrote:
I, too, enjoy Heroes more than I ever did DOTA but I don't see why people need to constantly quantify their reasons. I play heroes because I have fun playing it. I don't play DOTA because I don't have fun. Both are barely even the same genre of games. I also enjoy Heroes more than Final Fantasy games but I'm not making a list why.


It's unfortunate, but a common response to "I like playing X" is "But why since Game Y is better" whether it's comparing MOBAs or Starcrafts or FPSes, etc.


I noticed this at the hobby store too, it's like "Guys we're all playing a niche game. We get enough funny looks outside the store when we tell people we game, why do we have to rag on each other here too?"

Something innate about needing to tear others down to feel good about something I guess.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-11 18:45:44
June 11 2015 18:37 GMT
#8768
On June 12 2015 02:25 Tenks wrote:
I, too, enjoy Heroes more than I ever did DOTA but I don't see why people need to constantly quantify their reasons. I play heroes because I have fun playing it. I don't play DOTA because I don't have fun. Both are barely even the same genre of games. I also enjoy Heroes more than Final Fantasy games but I'm not making a list why.

Just wanted to share a positive experience. But yeah I guess it's not really useful for people to read .

Then again, saying they are hardly the same genre is strange. And if you can't quantify an opinion then what use is it. Opinions are always in comparison to something.
Neosteel Enthusiast
phantasmal
Profile Joined June 2013
276 Posts
June 11 2015 19:09 GMT
#8769
On June 11 2015 22:14 FeyFey wrote:
she can improve her waveclear through talents, just like Sylv takes unstable poison despite losing alot of damage vs players. And Nova can do siege mercs rather well.
People just don't take those talents because she would lose her burst. And as if she was the only hero with no counterplay. Even though there is spell shield which turns nova into the hunted until she gets a free shot of without dieing. Or other defensive talents, oh wait ranged squishies wanna keep their burst.


Spell Shield has the lowest win rate on its tier for every single hero that has access to it except Sonya (where it beats out Life Funnel 44.4% to 44.3%, with Mystical Spear solidly trouncing both at 49.5%). Just because a defensive option exists does not mean it is a credible one that constitutes an actual counter.

Similarly, people don't take her 'waveclear' options because they are absolute garbage compared to what she is giving up. Sylv's skipping Remorseless is a lot less impactful than Nova skipping Anti-Armor Shells or One in the Chamber. On top of that, Unstable Poison is one of the best waveclear options in the game and Explosive Rounds is absolutely terrible in comparison.

If Blizzard is unhappy with this state of affairs they are free to buff these talents into a state of relevance, but until then they are terrible options that don't count as meaningful build diversity or counters.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 11 2015 19:14 GMT
#8770
Unstable Poison is also good because it makes it so if your engagement breaks out in a creep wave your Sylv has the possibility of delivering some huge damage
Wat
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 11 2015 19:31 GMT
#8771
On June 12 2015 01:36 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
So today I tried to play some Dota2 again. Came to the conclusion that Heroes is more fun. I miss mounting/hearthstoning and the constant action that HotS provides. Dota feels a bit old fashioned now. (also HotS actually has way prettier graphics) Played it for more than 10 years so it's strange feeling to not really enjoy it as much. Fights CAN feel a bit more epic in Dota though due to the build up and hefty hit or lose skills. But other than that I think Heroes is a lot more smooth experience and just more fun.

- It's good you can lose fast in heroes. If you get stomped it's only a 12 min game. Waiting until the enemy carry is done farming is really something i don't miss.
- I don't miss items or gold. That horrible wait until you finally get your boots on a support, no thank you.
- Heroes feels way more team oriented. No worries about who takes the creep or not helping a teammate because you almost got enough saved for that one item. (obv this changes with friends in a team but for solo it's great). Also mounting really helps to get to teammates fast instead of being stuck on the other side of the map.
- Matchmaking is faster, and once your in, your in. I hate the loadingscreen in dota after the loading screen which can send you back to menus if someone suddenly doesn't connect.

The only big problem with heroes imo is the over-expensive cost of the heroes themselves. They should really lower some hero prices or increase gold gain. There's 14 heroes that cost 10k and 11 more 7k and you can never get them as you only get like 10k/month from quests and some pocket change after a win. Real money prices are also like 300% too high. As they keep adding new heroes it will be harder and harder for new players to get a decent roster and I really wonder how this will effect the growth of the game.


Agreed. I was a long-time LoL player and I occassionally go back and play a game of LoL.

It's incredibly tedious. Everything is so slow and boring.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
June 11 2015 23:46 GMT
#8772
Certainly the pacing is different, though you should really specific which LoL; as aram and dominions are faster paced.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-12 00:46:06
June 12 2015 00:45 GMT
#8773
I have to say the reason I prefer HoTS over other mobas is it's pacing. I played a bit of Dota2 previously, but starcraft was always my main game. Now, it's heroes and I can't tell if its either cause I really like heroes, or if it's because I got slightly bored of sc2... maybe a bit of both. I have the lotv beta and I barely played it, but it seems okay.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
June 12 2015 02:56 GMT
#8774
On June 12 2015 08:46 zlefin wrote:
Certainly the pacing is different, though you should really specific which LoL; as aram and dominions are faster paced.


The game is only balanced for classic (pretty much no one gives two shits about any of the other maps) and Dominion has a really long queue time.

Dominion has pretty much the same excitement as HotS but it only has one map.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 12 2015 14:27 GMT
#8775
Want a fun combo if you're duo queue? Murky + Johanna.
Wat
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 12 2015 18:59 GMT
#8776
Cool build on Gamers2. They went Rehgar + Zeratul but specced into Rehgar's level 1 shield talent which makes your next 3 auto attacks do 25% more damage. Then you take the level 4 talent where the duration doesn't start until you're close to an enemy. So big Z is walking around with a perma lightning shield and trucking fools.
Wat
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
June 12 2015 20:06 GMT
#8777
:O

brb going to try it

Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
June 12 2015 20:43 GMT
#8778
On June 13 2015 03:59 Tenks wrote:
Cool build on Gamers2. They went Rehgar + Zeratul but specced into Rehgar's level 1 shield talent which makes your next 3 auto attacks do 25% more damage. Then you take the level 4 talent where the duration doesn't start until you're close to an enemy. So big Z is walking around with a perma lightning shield and trucking fools.


Saw yesterday on Grubby's stream that EU plays Zeratul as an AA monster, skipping all the normal defensive / self-heal talents. I think this is the build:


Clever twist adding Rehgar to the mix, did they go double support? I guess they're really only giving up utility talents at 1 and 4 (now that healing totem was nerfed).
Jan1997
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Norway671 Posts
June 12 2015 21:44 GMT
#8779
Played this game for the first time a couple weeks ago. The overall impression i got from it was meh... It reminds me too much of LoL which was boring from the start. Guess i'll stick to SCII.
Do something today that your future self will be thankful for.
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
June 13 2015 09:51 GMT
#8780
Impressions:

Super fucking filthy casual. I enjoy it though, don't need to worry about alot of things but at the same time skill ceiling isn't as high.

Everything is so expensive wtf. I could buy a sweet sweet dota set for half the prices they're asking. Don't get me started on the shitty F2P model.

Zeratul is so much fun.

I like the objective based maps but i hate how you can't pick and choose which map you want to play on. You can't even choose servers wtf (i know you can choose Americas at start but im in Aus and i dont want to be partied up with non Aus people but i wont even know until i get into the game, so now i won't even btoher trying to party)

I like the talent system for the most part. I wish it was more customisable though.

Where the fuck are all my stats? I want to see win/loss rates for each hero and my overall win/loss rate. Is there like a dotabuff-esque site for Hots?

Prev 1 437 438 439 440 441 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7066
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9588
Happy211
Sick156
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos992
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 31m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.