• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8225 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 440

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 438 439 440 441 442 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 13 2015 09:56 GMT
#8781
On June 13 2015 18:51 FractalsOnFire wrote:
Impressions:

Super fucking filthy casual. I enjoy it though, don't need to worry about alot of things but at the same time skill ceiling isn't as high.

Everything is so expensive wtf. I could buy a sweet sweet dota set for half the prices they're asking. Don't get me started on the shitty F2P model.

Zeratul is so much fun.

I like the objective based maps but i hate how you can't pick and choose which map you want to play on. You can't even choose servers wtf (i know you can choose Americas at start but im in Aus and i dont want to be partied up with non Aus people but i wont even know until i get into the game, so now i won't even btoher trying to party)

I like the talent system for the most part. I wish it was more customisable though.

Where the fuck are all my stats? I want to see win/loss rates for each hero and my overall win/loss rate. Is there like a dotabuff-esque site for Hots?



https://www.hotslogs.com/
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
June 13 2015 14:20 GMT
#8782
I was very skeptical given that I like DotA quite a bit; but i reeeally appreciate the shortened length of games. While the skill ceiling isn't as high as other games, I think the map objectives and team play involved are quite fun-- I appreciate super team based games where one guy can't carry the team too hard (irl i'm an athlete).

I agree though, the pricing of everything except the Nexus bundle is overpriced and shitty.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
June 13 2015 14:47 GMT
#8783
I haven't played DotA or LoL but it seems that some of the major pros and cons of HotS when comparing it to its predecessors are:

Pro:
Faster/ shorter game; action starts up quicker
More team-oriented (if you'd prefer more cooperation)

Con:
Too expensive
More team-oriented (if you'd prefer carrying the team)

I remember watching a DotA or LoL (I don't remember which one) finals in Atlantic City when I went to watch the last day of IPL3 (the MOBA game's finals was right before the SC2 finals... wedged awkwardly in between a string of SC2 games), and I totally fell asleep trying to sit through game one. Granted, I had zero experience with the genre, but the games were like 45 minutes or something, which is about double the length of a HotS game. I have so many irl things to do that I could never sit at my laptop uninterrupted for 40+ minutes. Is ~40 minutes normal for a game of LoL or DotA?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
June 13 2015 20:14 GMT
#8784
I'm level 40 now so I'm thinking about getting into Hero League soon and I need some suggestions about which heroes I should pick.I have 6 heroes right now: Valla, Jaina, Zeratul, ETC, Muradin and Sylvanas and 24K gold.

I need one more warrior and I guess 3 supports? Would it be too greedy to pick only 2 supports? Can't say I like the playstyle, most of them seem boring.

I will definitely buy Malfurion since he is cheap and I have to decide between Rehgar and Uther. Not sure who to pick. At my level of play I think Rehgar would be more useful. Brightwing is too expensive so if I do need a 3rd support I'll go with LiLi.

For the warrior there are two possibilities. I could go with Anubarak because he is cheap and very strong right now but I really like Arthas even though he's not considered very good( although I doubt that it would matter at my level of play). I could just buy both but It might be better to save some gold.

Are there any other heroes I should consider buying?
All I do is Stim.
Big G
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy835 Posts
June 13 2015 20:28 GMT
#8785
I would buy Tassadar as well, he's a good filler hero that can work with almost any comp.

xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
June 13 2015 20:29 GMT
#8786
On June 14 2015 05:14 DifuntO wrote:
I'm level 40 now so I'm thinking about getting into Hero League soon and I need some suggestions about which heroes I should pick.I have 6 heroes right now: Valla, Jaina, Zeratul, ETC, Muradin and Sylvanas and 24K gold.

I need one more warrior and I guess 3 supports? Would it be too greedy to pick only 2 supports? Can't say I like the playstyle, most of them seem boring.

I will definitely buy Malfurion since he is cheap and I have to decide between Rehgar and Uther. Not sure who to pick. At my level of play I think Rehgar would be more useful. Brightwing is too expensive so if I do need a 3rd support I'll go with LiLi.

For the warrior there are two possibilities. I could go with Anubarak because he is cheap and very strong right now but I really like Arthas even though he's not considered very good( although I doubt that it would matter at my level of play). I could just buy both but It might be better to save some gold.

Are there any other heroes I should consider buying?

Take Uther (your good support), Furion, and Lili as your supports. A third tank is probably a good idea, and Anub would fit the bill nicely. I strongly suggest prioritizing Brightwing given that she's the best support for carrying games.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-14 05:40:30
June 14 2015 05:39 GMT
#8787
[image loading]is BW damage supposed to be like that?
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-14 07:35:59
June 14 2015 07:35 GMT
#8788
^Definitely not usual.
Just played two solo queue HL (rank1). first game no healer, second game no tank, other teams had healer+tank both games. I tried to explain to them it was a bad idea and they wouldn't listen. Needless to say we lost both easily, match making needs some tweaking..
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
June 14 2015 09:35 GMT
#8789
On June 14 2015 16:35 sM.Zik wrote:
^Definitely not usual.
Just played two solo queue HL (rank1). first game no healer, second game no tank, other teams had healer+tank both games. I tried to explain to them it was a bad idea and they wouldn't listen. Needless to say we lost both easily, match making needs some tweaking..



No, you just gotta stop giving a shit about role preferences. I just don't see the need for supports/tanks in hero league. You don't need them, 98% of all players suck major donkey dick lol. And that time where u actually meet decent people, you'd probably have been smacked regardless of your team having a support or not.
hi
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 14 2015 11:13 GMT
#8790
Not sure if it was said, but you can buy keys for cheap heroes on those key selling sites. 2-4 dollars each
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 14 2015 13:13 GMT
#8791
Some heroes tanking BW promoted mobs all game I would say
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
June 14 2015 16:13 GMT
#8792
On June 14 2015 18:35 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2015 16:35 sM.Zik wrote:
^Definitely not usual.
Just played two solo queue HL (rank1). first game no healer, second game no tank, other teams had healer+tank both games. I tried to explain to them it was a bad idea and they wouldn't listen. Needless to say we lost both easily, match making needs some tweaking..



No, you just gotta stop giving a shit about role preferences. I just don't see the need for supports/tanks in hero league. You don't need them, 98% of all players suck major donkey dick lol. And that time where u actually meet decent people, you'd probably have been smacked regardless of your team having a support or not.


Even the Heroes designers explained that there was a significant effect if one team had a healer and the other didn't, based on the win/loss results, which is why even in QM they try to always put the same number of healers on each side of any given game. Warriors did not show this effect though.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
June 14 2015 17:03 GMT
#8793
Not having a healer definitely puts you at a disadvantage. Specially on maps like Cursed Hollow or Sky temple where there will be team fights and probably long ones, you need a healer to help you fight longer, or if you got heroes like Illidan to increse their efficiency. Not having a healer puts you in a big disadvantage, which as DarkPlasmaBall said, was the reason why supportvs support rule was enforced on quickmatch.

About tanks, yeah there are some games, even pro games withouth tanks since some of their roles can be filled by other heroes, but it depends a lot on your and the enemy team composition. Let me put it this way, having one warrior in your team is never a bad pick, whereas not having one it can be.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
June 15 2015 02:16 GMT
#8794
On June 14 2015 18:35 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2015 16:35 sM.Zik wrote:
^Definitely not usual.
Just played two solo queue HL (rank1). first game no healer, second game no tank, other teams had healer+tank both games. I tried to explain to them it was a bad idea and they wouldn't listen. Needless to say we lost both easily, match making needs some tweaking..



No, you just gotta stop giving a shit about role preferences. I just don't see the need for supports/tanks in hero league. You don't need them, 98% of all players suck major donkey dick lol. And that time where u actually meet decent people, you'd probably have been smacked regardless of your team having a support or not.


You can have your opinion but I disagree and i'm saying this from experience. Healer vs No healer is kinda huge in hots.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 15 2015 05:32 GMT
#8795
On June 15 2015 01:13 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2015 18:35 Sponkz wrote:
On June 14 2015 16:35 sM.Zik wrote:
^Definitely not usual.
Just played two solo queue HL (rank1). first game no healer, second game no tank, other teams had healer+tank both games. I tried to explain to them it was a bad idea and they wouldn't listen. Needless to say we lost both easily, match making needs some tweaking..



No, you just gotta stop giving a shit about role preferences. I just don't see the need for supports/tanks in hero league. You don't need them, 98% of all players suck major donkey dick lol. And that time where u actually meet decent people, you'd probably have been smacked regardless of your team having a support or not.


Even the Heroes designers explained that there was a significant effect if one team had a healer and the other didn't, based on the win/loss results, which is why even in QM they try to always put the same number of healers on each side of any given game. Warriors did not show this effect though.



I think they said support. If you're a lone tyrande or tassadar and you're up against a lili or brightwing, its gonna be rough
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Jenia6109
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Russian Federation1613 Posts
June 15 2015 11:03 GMT
#8796
On June 13 2015 18:56 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2015 18:51 FractalsOnFire wrote:
Impressions:

Super fucking filthy casual. I enjoy it though, don't need to worry about alot of things but at the same time skill ceiling isn't as high.

Everything is so expensive wtf. I could buy a sweet sweet dota set for half the prices they're asking. Don't get me started on the shitty F2P model.

Zeratul is so much fun.

I like the objective based maps but i hate how you can't pick and choose which map you want to play on. You can't even choose servers wtf (i know you can choose Americas at start but im in Aus and i dont want to be partied up with non Aus people but i wont even know until i get into the game, so now i won't even btoher trying to party)

I like the talent system for the most part. I wish it was more customisable though.

Where the fuck are all my stats? I want to see win/loss rates for each hero and my overall win/loss rate. Is there like a dotabuff-esque site for Hots?



https://www.hotslogs.com/

Wow, thanks a lot!
Playing with top builds is a much better experience. Played all the weekend with these builds and they differ from my usual builds. So i feel stronger now
INnoVation TY Maru | Classic Stats Dear sOs Zest herO | Rogue Dark soO
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
June 15 2015 13:47 GMT
#8797
On June 15 2015 20:03 Jenia6109 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2015 18:56 Chairman Ray wrote:
On June 13 2015 18:51 FractalsOnFire wrote:
Impressions:

Super fucking filthy casual. I enjoy it though, don't need to worry about alot of things but at the same time skill ceiling isn't as high.

Everything is so expensive wtf. I could buy a sweet sweet dota set for half the prices they're asking. Don't get me started on the shitty F2P model.

Zeratul is so much fun.

I like the objective based maps but i hate how you can't pick and choose which map you want to play on. You can't even choose servers wtf (i know you can choose Americas at start but im in Aus and i dont want to be partied up with non Aus people but i wont even know until i get into the game, so now i won't even btoher trying to party)

I like the talent system for the most part. I wish it was more customisable though.

Where the fuck are all my stats? I want to see win/loss rates for each hero and my overall win/loss rate. Is there like a dotabuff-esque site for Hots?



https://www.hotslogs.com/

Wow, thanks a lot!
Playing with top builds is a much better experience. Played all the weekend with these builds and they differ from my usual builds. So i feel stronger now

Top builds from HOTS are not always the optimal ones, there are differences because of map, team composition and even your personal prefered style, don't forget to experiment!
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 15 2015 13:51 GMT
#8798
On June 15 2015 20:03 Jenia6109 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2015 18:56 Chairman Ray wrote:
On June 13 2015 18:51 FractalsOnFire wrote:
Impressions:

Super fucking filthy casual. I enjoy it though, don't need to worry about alot of things but at the same time skill ceiling isn't as high.

Everything is so expensive wtf. I could buy a sweet sweet dota set for half the prices they're asking. Don't get me started on the shitty F2P model.

Zeratul is so much fun.

I like the objective based maps but i hate how you can't pick and choose which map you want to play on. You can't even choose servers wtf (i know you can choose Americas at start but im in Aus and i dont want to be partied up with non Aus people but i wont even know until i get into the game, so now i won't even btoher trying to party)

I like the talent system for the most part. I wish it was more customisable though.

Where the fuck are all my stats? I want to see win/loss rates for each hero and my overall win/loss rate. Is there like a dotabuff-esque site for Hots?



https://www.hotslogs.com/

Wow, thanks a lot!
Playing with top builds is a much better experience. Played all the weekend with these builds and they differ from my usual builds. So i feel stronger now



Make sure you filter by Master or Diamond. If you don't filter by league some of the builds are off.
Wat
YouGotNothin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States907 Posts
June 15 2015 14:03 GMT
#8799
I would be careful looking at Master rank on Hotslogs, especially at the 'Popular Talent Builds' section because of the very small sampler size (sometimes <30 games) for some of the builds. Do not assume the highest win-rate Master level build is the best in general, it is more likely a build that is catered to a very specific ally or enemy teamcomp. Case in point: Abathur's Master League highest win rate 'Popular Talent Build' takes Ultimate Evolution at 10 and Adrenaline Boost at 16, both of which are not actually the most common talents taken. That might not have been the best example, but the point is looking at Diamond or Platinum will give you a much bigger sample size and will probably give you a better idea of the 'standard optimal build' for a hero IMO.
I got nothin'...
Stomy
Profile Joined June 2015
3 Posts
June 15 2015 14:34 GMT
#8800
On June 14 2015 14:39 MindBreaker wrote:
is BW damage supposed to be like that?

Some reason my phone lags as a different account but after really focusing on aa harrass with be I am doing that much damage every game. It really makes a difference
Prev 1 438 439 440 441 442 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 425
ProTech151
UpATreeSC 114
BRAT_OK 104
Railgan 45
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 125
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 577
420jenkins440
Counter-Strike
fl0m3958
Fnx 665
kRYSTAL_27
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3572
Liquid`Hasu507
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1842
FrodaN976
summit1g562
B2W.Neo420
Livibee202
C9.Mang0144
TKL 92
RotterdaM85
ToD79
QueenE77
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV225
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade783
Other Games
• Shiphtur1310
• imaqtpie700
• WagamamaTV327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 58m
Patches Events
20h 58m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.