• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8463 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 426

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 424 425 426 427 428 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 16:39:20
May 30 2015 16:38 GMT
#8501
On May 31 2015 00:05 TokO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2015 00:01 infinity21 wrote:
On May 30 2015 20:54 TokO wrote:
Indeed, but if he casts it from max range it is definitely possible to move out of the range. If he's too close, the option goes to killing him before he is done channeling.

You can blink just before the ball explodes. If you time it right, the ball will explode instead of continuing to chase you.


Definitely, I was by no means attempting to map out all the possibilities, just some general ones. Not everyone has blink and there are 10 levels before blink is unlocked where pyroblasts happen.

Yeah, I'm having reading comprehension issues lol
Happy birthday
Official Entusman #21
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
May 30 2015 20:28 GMT
#8502
As a sort of silly thing, I've been working of Starcraft Hero concepts. I'm sure they're all kinds of broken, but I'd love anybody's feedback!

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17606004970#1
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
May 30 2015 21:01 GMT
#8503
I wouldn't be shocked if next patch KT's Phoenix gets a cooldown nerf. You seem to be able to use it to clear merc camps, minion waves and still have it up for team fights. The 40s CD is kind of absurd. Or if they want to keep the low CD on the ult then at least nerf the damage. Walking into the Phoenix range is like a death sentence.
Wat
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
May 30 2015 22:09 GMT
#8504
The short cooldown, I'd guess, comes from the idea of how the phoenix respawns very fast so I don't think they will increase the cooldown, maybe they'll reduce the area, but IDK, I don't think tis broken.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 31 2015 02:21 GMT
#8505
Phoenix is super broken against a level 20 lili, she can spam her skills while getting tickled by it. So better be careful when using it.
Joking aside, I find Phoenix is a rather weak ult compared to other zoning ults, so anything above 40 seconds would be weird.
Narw
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland884 Posts
May 31 2015 17:18 GMT
#8506
On May 31 2015 11:21 FeyFey wrote:

Joking aside, I find Phoenix is a rather weak ult compared to other zoning ults, so anything above 40 seconds would be weird.



Get help or something.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 31 2015 20:59 GMT
#8507
thats the thing that you do against a phoenix yes, because his target priority is not the best. I am more worried about standing in a Starfall or a under the Hyperion. Phoenix will usually not prevent the enemy team to just walk through it when they see a clear advantage.
It is a more bursty zoning ult though that is true.
TokO
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway577 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-31 21:30:11
May 31 2015 21:07 GMT
#8508
Thanks for the wishes infinity21!

On June 01 2015 05:59 FeyFey wrote:
thats the thing that you do against a phoenix yes, because his target priority is not the best. I am more worried about standing in a Starfall or a under the Hyperion. Phoenix will usually not prevent the enemy team to just walk through it when they see a clear advantage.
It is a more bursty zoning ult though that is true.


If the opposing team perfectly magic boxes through it then yeah, but if you impose some chaos on the other team where some decide to go through and some don't, then it's absolutely is powerful, and sometimes does just as good as the other ultis and a much higher frequency in the game.
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4391 Posts
May 31 2015 21:39 GMT
#8509
Despite playing almost 300 games (50 of them with Diablo)....only just now have I seen his personalized mount T_T lol and completely by chance, was just changing the dinosaur colour and saw it there o.O

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't knew as I have never seen people use it...
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
May 31 2015 21:51 GMT
#8510
On June 01 2015 06:39 KobraKay wrote:
Despite playing almost 300 games (50 of them with Diablo)....only just now have I seen his personalized mount T_T lol and completely by chance, was just changing the dinosaur colour and saw it there o.O

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't knew as I have never seen people use it...

That was added with the Kael patch I believe.
Writer
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4391 Posts
May 31 2015 21:57 GMT
#8511
On June 01 2015 06:51 Valiver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 06:39 KobraKay wrote:
Despite playing almost 300 games (50 of them with Diablo)....only just now have I seen his personalized mount T_T lol and completely by chance, was just changing the dinosaur colour and saw it there o.O

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't knew as I have never seen people use it...

That was added with the Kael patch I believe.


Ahh lol I feel better then, I believe today were my first Diablo games after the KT patch. Terror charge seems cool so I've kept it :D at least it looks better than having diablo run around in a small horse or something.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
May 31 2015 22:09 GMT
#8512
On June 01 2015 06:57 KobraKay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 06:51 Valiver wrote:
On June 01 2015 06:39 KobraKay wrote:
Despite playing almost 300 games (50 of them with Diablo)....only just now have I seen his personalized mount T_T lol and completely by chance, was just changing the dinosaur colour and saw it there o.O

I guess I'm not the only one who didn't knew as I have never seen people use it...

That was added with the Kael patch I believe.


Ahh lol I feel better then, I believe today were my first Diablo games after the KT patch. Terror charge seems cool so I've kept it :D at least it looks better than having diablo run around in a small horse or something.

I think Diablo running around on a tiny horse is hilarious
Official Entusman #21
Luiwtf
Profile Joined January 2011
England217 Posts
June 01 2015 12:56 GMT
#8513
Wonder Billie is clearly the best Diablo mount, it baffles me how anyone could use anything else :p.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 01 2015 13:21 GMT
#8514
On June 01 2015 05:59 FeyFey wrote:
thats the thing that you do against a phoenix yes, because his target priority is not the best. I am more worried about standing in a Starfall or a under the Hyperion. Phoenix will usually not prevent the enemy team to just walk through it when they see a clear advantage.
It is a more bursty zoning ult though that is true.



The biggest issue is Pyro is supposed to be the single target assassination ulti but E -> R -> W -> DQ kills anyone if you take Phoenix. Pyro doesn't have a place because even if you want to 1v1 someone Phoenix is the better take.
Wat
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-01 16:21:17
June 01 2015 16:19 GMT
#8515
If someone tries to 1v1 Kael it is their own fault Imo. If you see it like this it is true that Phoenix is better for bursting someone down then Pyro is and really powerful too. Both are Single target spells with splash though, Pyro is the better controlled one if multiple targets are available. So Imo Pyro is better for a team fight if your team knows what they are doing.
I would almost always pick Phoenix though, especially with the poking build. But Kael isn't the only one that has one ult picked 95% of the time.

If there ever will be a hero that can reset cooldowns on others heroes ults, then phoenix will truly be broken.

But after thinking about it I play heroes that usually have a really easy time dealing with void zones, so that is why I don't perceive Kael as that dangerous.

Maybe they should add some warhammer fire mage mechanic to Kael.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 01 2015 19:01 GMT
#8516
I wish they'd look at Zagara's creep build a bit. I find it very anti-fun to have to go around cleaning up creep. I hate it in SC2 and I hate it in Heroes. Not to mention the amount of sight the creep gives for your team is often absurd. They seem to want to make sight a valuable resource in this game with Drones being a valuable level 1 talent and only a few things being able to act as wards (like Murky egg) but then you have Zags who can grant vision of half the map. You don't even have to give up too much damage to go full creep build, either.
Wat
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 01 2015 19:49 GMT
#8517
Looks like Huk plans on playing some

http://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/384cdc/huk_getting_into_heroes/
Wat
Luiwtf
Profile Joined January 2011
England217 Posts
June 01 2015 19:56 GMT
#8518
Mechano-spider requires some facebook BS .
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
June 01 2015 22:14 GMT
#8519
[image loading]

What a slugfest.
I knew from the start it would be a lot of deaths due to the sheer damage output but their Zeratul + Nova combo was lethal in the early and midgame. On top of that we had a fail Valla who vaulted into the enemy team instead of away from them and didn't think to fall back when on low health with an enemy Zeratul and Nova waiting in the wings.

Luckily, things stabilized after we got 16 talents at which point if I land the combo on any of those squishy enemy Heroes, they're done for. I've had a few times in that game where I had to jump back in to save myself from a chasing hero. We'd have a teamfight, a few heroes die on both sides and I get low on health and chased by one enemy hero. Kerrigan isn't great at escaping so against Zagara or Nova I noticed it's better in certain cases to jump back in and dump all the damage.
Sometimes it outright kills them when another hero comes to help out.

At one point I was at 30% health being chased by Zagara. Used Blink, but so did Zagara and Sprint was on cooldown.
Since there was no escape and my Nova was racing towards me I turned around and unloaded as much damage as I could and Nova finished Zagara off. Survived with literally 1 pixel of health.

In such games it's both fun and painful to play an Assassin, especially one like Kerrigan.
On one side, you can absolutely ruin and murder any small engagement by jumping in and landing the combo.
Enemy heroes trying to run away just get dragged back and killed.

On the other side, being a Melee Assassin against Zagara, Valla, Jaina, Nova and Zeratul is so hard.
Illidan had a hard time as well since he'd just die off before really getting his damage in.

The Terror was mostly wasted with these teams since so many heroes were constantly dead.
With all the damage output the Terror dies very fast, followed by whoever took it.

Luckily, we eventually started winning teamfights and kept their enemy heroes down and picked off long enough to get a full teamwipe and then kill the core.

Weird game and a close one, but still fun in the end.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-01 23:47:12
June 01 2015 23:44 GMT
#8520
Random thoughts :

QM feels more like team deathmatch to me. Johana's trailer is super bad and silly, but I think the hero is gonna be just fine. The UI lacks so many things, I hope they improve on the channel/chat system cause I feel like it's subpar compared to sc2 current channel system (which wasnt considered very good in the first place). Also, still cant watch replays with others and I feel like the old way to show the heroes in the shop was better. They better improve the matchmaking soon since the players pool should be bigger now, there's no way to explain why rank 1 are teamed with rank 35+, also, need something above rank 1, its easy to get and doesnt feel very satisfying. I'm having a blast playing the game though don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for it's growth.

Edit : Just saw the news about the GM / Legend league thingy above rank 1.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Prev 1 424 425 426 427 428 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 537
SteadfastSC 261
ProTech127
Rex 80
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43758
Calm 3551
Jaedong 1925
Shuttle 1795
Horang2 732
Soma 693
Mini 639
EffOrt 544
Soulkey 303
Rush 293
[ Show more ]
Larva 288
Stork 285
BeSt 247
ZerO 233
Snow 209
firebathero 126
Mong 113
Zeus 83
hero 80
910 72
Mind 66
Free 50
Hyun 45
Shinee 39
sorry 37
Sharp 36
Pusan 34
Shine 33
ToSsGirL 28
Killer 25
JYJ 25
PianO 25
Bale 19
Sexy 18
Aegong 17
scan(afreeca) 15
HiyA 14
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Hm[arnc] 12
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5547
Dendi1153
420jenkins178
Counter-Strike
fl0m3408
Fnx 621
x6flipin209
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King113
ChuDatz24
Other Games
singsing2124
Liquid`RaSZi900
hiko702
B2W.Neo548
dupreeh365
crisheroes340
ceh9333
Khaldor247
TKL 246
Livibee194
Pyrionflax167
Hui .160
Trikslyr91
QueenE82
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 798
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH266
• mYiSmile119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV297
League of Legends
• Nemesis2462
• Jankos1587
• TFBlade566
Other Games
• Shiphtur762
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
42m
The PondCast
18h 42m
INu's Battles
19h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.