• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8278 users

Heroes Large General Thread - Page 107

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
9055 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 453 Next
Add yourself in the TL Player list if you want to play with TL people, and /join teamliquid channel ingame. Also check out the new Heroes Liquipedia.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
August 04 2014 01:11 GMT
#2121
LoL does and heroes obviously tried to follow that, right down to the giant power gap between lv1 and higher level players
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
August 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#2122
I really think that people are blowing things out of proportion. It is in alpha. Yes it's a different kind of alpha than most games but it's still development. As was said earlier Blizzard was trying some things, and good for them. So it didn't work and was a terrible idea (if you did like them just pretend that you don't for a second) at least they are showing that they are willing to try new ideas (not really "new" but new to the game) to see exactly how it would translate to live games. I'm glad they are trying stuff but I just hope they explain other new ideas a little better and actually come out and say "Hey we've got this idea tell us what you think, and we're open to change it's just a test go try it out" and say what they are trying to accomplish specifically within the game. For example with the artifacts system say "We want more customization options and other ways to spend gold so we're gonna try some things give us your ideas" and then it gets the community more involved besides "wtf is this bliz get rid of this artifact crap."

Hopefully I'm coherent I feel like I was blithering on cause I'm pretty tired.
Writer
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
August 04 2014 05:10 GMT
#2123
On August 04 2014 09:07 ahswtini wrote:
What? Dota doesn't gate any content. People don't get bored of it because there's nothing to unlock either wtf


It sort of does, I guess. You can't play Ranked until you're account level 13, but that's just more of the same game modes that you've already been able to play freely. The tutorial also encourages you to play Limited Hero Pool mode, but that's not actually enforced either.
Moderator
LaughingTulkas
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1107 Posts
August 04 2014 15:47 GMT
#2124
On August 04 2014 14:10 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2014 09:07 ahswtini wrote:
What? Dota doesn't gate any content. People don't get bored of it because there's nothing to unlock either wtf


It sort of does, I guess. You can't play Ranked until you're account level 13, but that's just more of the same game modes that you've already been able to play freely. The tutorial also encourages you to play Limited Hero Pool mode, but that's not actually enforced either.


The issue is that a player has to feel like (s)he is improving. Different games do this in different ways (with examples): some just have such high skill cielings that you can always improve: Starcraft, some have so many different potential interactions that you could never see everything or do everything: Dota, some games progress you through a story: Final fantasy, and some have progressions that are built into the game by the developers: WoW. These are not a comprehensive list but could be summarized as a skill cap, experience cap, story, and unlockables. Stories and unlocks are "artificial" progressions built in by the developers, whereas player skill and experience are "natural" progressions.

Since players want to feel like they are progressing, it's important to either have a high skill cap or a high experience cap, story progression, unlockable content, or some blend of the two that keeps players interested and engagned.

HoTS has a fairly low skill cap, a moderate experience cap, no real story, and thus they are looking towards unlockables to fill the gap.
"I love noobies, they're so happy." -Chill
EiBmoZ
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada235 Posts
August 04 2014 15:48 GMT
#2125
this game needs to turn beta an i need an invite...
#fuckriotgames
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 09 2014 02:33 GMT
#2126
Grinding for my golden Falstad portrait tomorrow, anyone down for some games so I can get sweet, sweet friend XP?
Lockindal
Profile Joined October 2010
United States73 Posts
August 10 2014 16:03 GMT
#2127
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10167 Posts
August 10 2014 16:05 GMT
#2128
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.

Attention drawn to the game is still quite low.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
August 10 2014 16:23 GMT
#2129
On August 11 2014 01:05 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.

Attention drawn to the game is still quite low.


Closed Alpha has a lot to do with it.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10167 Posts
August 10 2014 16:27 GMT
#2130
On August 11 2014 01:23 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2014 01:05 Godwrath wrote:
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.

Attention drawn to the game is still quite low.


Closed Alpha has a lot to do with it.

Of course it does. I am not trying to imply anything.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
August 10 2014 16:49 GMT
#2131
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.


I wish I had your version of HOTS. In my version everyone just jungles solo all game and team fights are nowhere to be found.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
August 10 2014 17:12 GMT
#2132
On August 11 2014 01:49 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.


I wish I had your version of HOTS. In my version everyone just jungles solo all game and team fights are nowhere to be found.


Partying up is really helpful for making sure not everybody is dicking off doing their own thing. That said, even in PUBs I think there's an absurd amount of teamfighting.
LaughingTulkas
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1107 Posts
August 11 2014 12:25 GMT
#2133
On August 11 2014 01:49 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.


I wish I had your version of HOTS. In my version everyone just jungles solo all game and team fights are nowhere to be found.


We are talking about Heroes of the Storm and not Heart of the Swarm.
"I love noobies, they're so happy." -Chill
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
August 12 2014 02:40 GMT
#2134
On August 11 2014 01:03 Lockindal wrote:
I'm surprised TL doesn't have a subforum for HotS yet -.-

I actually really enjoy this game compared to other MOBAs, I like the constant team fighting.


As you can see by this thread there isn't enough activity to warrant it yet, this doesn't even get that many posts a week. Our HS thread was insanely active and thats why we expanded it to its own forum.

I've played a ton of this in the last few days and am liking it more, but it seems like you really need a full party for it to work. The objective based gaming means you can't solo the same way you can League/Dota.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 12 2014 07:51 GMT
#2135
The uniqueness of HOTS is that it is all about cooperation and communication; gives parties a major advantage so I hope they have soloqueue.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
August 12 2014 09:06 GMT
#2136
How are Dota, Lol and probably just about any other half way decent Moba/Teamgame not all about cooperation and communication?

Just because a game doesn't bruteforce you into 5 Manning and actually also requires you to get some farm/do shit whiteout your buddies right behind you all the time doesn't make it less about teamplay...

CS is also about Teamplay... Yeah, actually being really good at Aiming helps tremendously, but its still about teamplay and not about pure mechanics (that would be Quake).
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 09:19:38
August 12 2014 09:18 GMT
#2137
On August 12 2014 18:06 Velr wrote:
How are Dota, Lol and probably just about any other half way decent Moba/Teamgame not all about cooperation and communication?

Just because a game doesn't bruteforce you into 5 Manning and actually also requires you to get some farm/do shit whiteout your buddies right behind you all the time doesn't make it less about teamplay...

CS is also about Teamplay... Yeah, actually being really good at Aiming helps tremendously, but its still about teamplay and not about pure mechanics (that would be Quake).


I'm not sure how you engage discussion with such hostility, but it doesn't typically yield good results.

Because everything is shared in HOTS: EXP/Kills and there are no items to gear your hero towards one role or another, the cooperation is more stressed in HOTS than in any other MOBA or ARTS. In Dota 2 and LoL, some heroes do not come online until much later in the game and have more emphasis weight then than at any other point of the game.

In HOTS, team-fights are expected from the get-go especially with initial objectives such as the first Dragon statue, doubloons, etc.

In CSGO, you can still turn games around alone, Dota 2 is similar. In HOTS, you cannot take a team of 3-4-5 under any circumstance.

To say all multiplayer games requires cooperation and communication is a bit pointless to remind everyone here. In HOTS, I'm saying that that requirement is even more heavily stressed.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
August 12 2014 09:33 GMT
#2138
Which hostiliy?

Have you seen Ti4?
Dota atm is faster/more fight oriented than it probably ever was... Carries you don't see "until much later in the game" are basically an endangered species.
Yeah, the first 10 minutes are normally still not really about teamfighting (but there are constant small fights going on, just not full on 5on5's normally)... But that doesn't dimish the amount of teamplay required.

Having your heroes constantly in a gang of 5 does not make a game more teamplay oriented, it just makes it more teamfight oriented. Thats not the same thing.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 12 2014 09:43 GMT
#2139
On August 12 2014 18:33 Velr wrote:
Which hostiliy?

Have you seen Ti4?
Dota atm is faster/more fight oriented than it probably ever was... Carries you don't see "until much later in the game" are basically an endangered species.
Yeah, the first 10 minutes are normally still not really about teamfighting (but there are constant small fights going on, just not full on 5on5's normally)... But that doesn't dimish the amount of teamplay required.

Having your heroes constantly in a gang of 5 does not make a game more teamplay oriented, it just makes it more teamfight oriented. Thats not the same thing.


Sorry, it felt like you were getting irritated by my statement. Not sure if I'm just oversensitive or you just come off as a bit strong.

I'm not sure it is fair to compare Dota 2's current competitive meta, which was years in the making, with HOTS which has an incomplete roster and no professional competition as of yet. We can compare their gave direction and emphasis on game mechanics as those are pretty much laid out from the get-go.

It's both the idea of stressing the need to remain as 5 for objectives as well as the lack of diversity of individual players (no individual levels, items, kills or separation between team achievements and player competency).

So you're right that it doesn't make a game more teamplay oriented, but you're wrong because of how you narrow it down to just that when it's both the objective-based team-fighting that comes around every 6-7 minutes as well as the lack of individuality that equates to more team-fights, more emphasis on communication and less individuality in all aspects.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
lprk
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2249 Posts
August 12 2014 10:25 GMT
#2140
On August 12 2014 18:43 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2014 18:33 Velr wrote:
Which hostiliy?

Have you seen Ti4?
Dota atm is faster/more fight oriented than it probably ever was... Carries you don't see "until much later in the game" are basically an endangered species.
Yeah, the first 10 minutes are normally still not really about teamfighting (but there are constant small fights going on, just not full on 5on5's normally)... But that doesn't dimish the amount of teamplay required.

Having your heroes constantly in a gang of 5 does not make a game more teamplay oriented, it just makes it more teamfight oriented. Thats not the same thing.


Sorry, it felt like you were getting irritated by my statement. Not sure if I'm just oversensitive or you just come off as a bit strong.

I'm not sure it is fair to compare Dota 2's current competitive meta, which was years in the making, with HOTS which has an incomplete roster and no professional competition as of yet. We can compare their gave direction and emphasis on game mechanics as those are pretty much laid out from the get-go.

It's both the idea of stressing the need to remain as 5 for objectives as well as the lack of diversity of individual players (no individual levels, items, kills or separation between team achievements and player competency).

So you're right that it doesn't make a game more teamplay oriented, but you're wrong because of how you narrow it down to just that when it's both the objective-based team-fighting that comes around every 6-7 minutes as well as the lack of individuality that equates to more team-fights, more emphasis on communication and less individuality in all aspects.

I don't know what were you smoking while writing that, in every moba even when not teamfightning you need to communicate so forcing more teamfights doesn't make you communicate more.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 453 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 554
Railgan 64
MindelVK 32
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 7
Rock 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7244
Dendi878
Counter-Strike
fl0m2978
byalli777
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38757
singsing2344
B2W.Neo578
Liquid`RaSZi418
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt214
Happy123
Hui .116
Trikslyr50
Chillindude15
Mlord2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 98
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2955
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1381
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 50m
OSC
9h 50m
Replay Cast
9h 50m
OSC
22h 50m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.