• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11611 users

[Review] Razer Moray (earbuds) - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
April 12 2009 11:10 GMT
#41
lucky guy -.-
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
April 12 2009 12:26 GMT
#42
On April 11 2009 12:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Holy god this is a nice and thorough review. Extremely professional sounding IMO, almost sounding like a paid review *check's orb's posting history*

Honestly, I don't need anything new soon, but if my current headphones break/have issues I would buy these without a doubt (cheap price, plus it's fucking Razor, they sponsored the TSL!).


It's not Razor.

It's Razer
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
April 12 2009 15:04 GMT
#43
$40.00 is such a steep pricetag for earbuds
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 15:40:39
April 12 2009 15:39 GMT
#44
On April 12 2009 15:45 PobTheCad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2009 14:16 -orb- wrote:
I've used studio headphones and the highest end bose headphones etc.

None of them are as good as my SuperFi 5 Pros.

personally i dont see how you could get the same bass response (and noise cancellation) from buds as opposed to phones

We're talking about in-ear (in-canal) buds here. They offer GREAT noise cancellation. Too good even. It's quite dangerous to go jogging or roller-blading with these because you can't hear car horns if the volume is too high. My CX400s offer better bass response and noise cancellation then the HD555s although I do admit that the HD555s have better sound quality overall (treble is more clear, mids sound a bit better also). If you haven't tried in-canal buds, please do, you'll see what we mean (although it takes like a week to get used to the sensation).

Also:
On April 13 2009 00:04 Xenixx wrote:
$40.00 is such a steep pricetag for earbuds

What about these, then?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
April 12 2009 15:53 GMT
#45
Yeah good lord, I'm partly deaf from exposure but you couldn't convince me to buy earbuds over $40.00 and $300.00? forget about it
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
April 12 2009 16:25 GMT
#46
Nice review! My soundport is pretty fucked up, so buying new head/earphones would be stupid in my situation, but still thanks for sharing your experience and grats on winnin

Where can we read the essays?
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 12 2009 16:27 GMT
#47
On April 13 2009 00:39 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2009 00:04 Xenixx wrote:
$40.00 is such a steep pricetag for earbuds

What about these, then?


weaksauce
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/products/custom/ue11pro_description.php
custom made with 4 armatures. a bargain at 1150
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 17:14:35
April 12 2009 17:11 GMT
#48
On April 13 2009 00:53 Xenixx wrote:
Yeah good lord, I'm partly deaf from exposure but you couldn't convince me to buy earbuds over $40.00 and $300.00? forget about it

Actually, $399.99 is closer to $400 I never thought that the x9.99 actually works on people's minds. Psychological warfare ftw.
On April 13 2009 01:27 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2009 00:39 CubEdIn wrote:
On April 13 2009 00:04 Xenixx wrote:
$40.00 is such a steep pricetag for earbuds

What about these, then?


weaksauce
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/products/custom/ue11pro_description.php
custom made with 4 armatures. a bargain at 1150

Sick, man, SICK.

I doubt they're 3 times as good as Shure's model. In fact, I doubt they're even noticeably better. Also they don't look like they really stick in the ear that well, tho I can't really tell.

Anyway, I'd like to try them out.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
April 12 2009 17:19 GMT
#49
: I'd bet over 90% of those people would say bose is really high quality headphones if you asked them.


I'm really glad I read this thread. That would definitely include me, for the simple reason that in the UK, the only headphone adverts I ever see are bose. Apparently trusting people who's intent is to sell me their stuff isn't smart

In the next few months I'm looking to get some high end headphones -as an audiophile, what would you recommend if i have around 100 UK Pounds to play with? I'm mainly a rock music fan, but have recently been getting very into classical, and slightly into jazz. Will I have to compromise on which genre I want to hear best?
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but is there a significant difference in sound quality between different MP3 players? I have between 100-150 pounds to spend on one.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 20:11:09
April 12 2009 17:43 GMT
#50
WTF the UE 11s are out? When did this happen!

They've been sitting on the UE 10s for ages.

Also, they definitely sit in your ear VERY well, because they are custom made from a mold of your ear... you have to go to some ear specialist or something and get a mold taken to be sent in to ultimate ears for them to make one.

I mean they're for musicians on stage, they're personal monitors.

On April 13 2009 02:19 Tal wrote:
Show nested quote +
: I'd bet over 90% of those people would say bose is really high quality headphones if you asked them.


I'm really glad I read this thread. That would definitely include me, for the simple reason that in the UK, the only headphone adverts I ever see are bose. Apparently trusting people who's intent is to sell me their stuff isn't smart

In the next few months I'm looking to get some high end headphones -as an audiophile, what would you recommend if i have around 100 UK Pounds to play with? I'm mainly a rock music fan, but have recently been getting very into classical, and slightly into jazz. Will I have to compromise on which genre I want to hear best?
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but is there a significant difference in sound quality between different MP3 players? I have between 100-150 pounds to spend on one.


You pretty much can't go wrong with anything from Ultimate Ears. High end shures are very good as well. I don't know the exchange rate, but if 100 pounds gets you up to 250 US dollars (the dollar is pretty weak...), definitely go with the utlimate ears SuperFi 5 Pros, as those are the ones I was comparing in the entire review and they are definitely the best headphones I've ever heard.

Also I've never heard a difference in quality between different mp3 players, but then again I've never owned anything other than an iPod

In a sense, at your medium-high end price range, yes, you end up compromising a little bit for what your favorite genre is, but not nearly as much as you do with low-end headphones.

I mean obviously like the UE10s/11s for example are going to be able to cater to all styles better because they have 4 freakin drivers lol...
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 17:54:50
April 12 2009 17:54 GMT
#51
On April 13 2009 02:19 Tal wrote:
Show nested quote +
: I'd bet over 90% of those people would say bose is really high quality headphones if you asked them.


I'm really glad I read this thread. That would definitely include me, for the simple reason that in the UK, the only headphone adverts I ever see are bose. Apparently trusting people who's intent is to sell me their stuff isn't smart

In the next few months I'm looking to get some high end headphones -as an audiophile, what would you recommend if i have around 100 UK Pounds to play with? I'm mainly a rock music fan, but have recently been getting very into classical, and slightly into jazz. Will I have to compromise on which genre I want to hear best?
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but is there a significant difference in sound quality between different MP3 players? I have between 100-150 pounds to spend on one.


Yes there is a significant difference in the sound quality of different MP3 players, but you'll need to check reviews and comparisons for that. Either way, the good brands should deliver good quality, cheaper things would deliver worse quality.

As for headphones. I'd go for the Sennheiser HD555. They're the best headphones I've listened to in your price range. I've also heard Technics, Phillips, and Sony headphones (can't remember exact models) that cost about 100e or cheaper, and none of them sounded as good as the Sennheisers. And to the person recommending the UEs, no, 100pounds won't bring you even close to $250. 1 pound is slightly larger then 1 euro. Google says: 100 British pounds = 146.46 U.S. dollars
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
April 12 2009 17:55 GMT
#52
I would have told you they were awesome if you had given them to me steve
teh leet newb
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1999 Posts
April 12 2009 18:28 GMT
#53
My IEMs of choice: http://www.amazon.com/V-Moda-Vibe-Earbuds-Gunmetal-Black/dp/B000V5L5MG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239560762&sr=8-1

Amazingly strong bass, crisp trebles, not too much noise isolation to the point of uncomfortableness (like some Shures), and a sweet looking full-metal (lol) construction. The only problem is that within half to a year of using them, one of the wires will most likely come lose, causing sound in one of the earbuds to just completely die. Fortunately, they have a 1-year warranty, and I've even heard that they'll cover a full replacement for that problem even after the warranty's over.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 19:11:17
April 12 2009 19:10 GMT
#54
The shure ones are amazing! I swear, my sister bought them for herself and ended up keeping them from how much I used them. They're amazing best earbuds i have ever used. Back on topic, morrays seem pretty cool. I need new headphones from razer 'cause the ones I had broke already ;\
Life?
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 12 2009 20:13 GMT
#55
On April 13 2009 03:28 teh leet newb wrote:
My IEMs of choice: http://www.amazon.com/V-Moda-Vibe-Earbuds-Gunmetal-Black/dp/B000V5L5MG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239560762&sr=8-1

Amazingly strong bass, crisp trebles, not too much noise isolation to the point of uncomfortableness (like some Shures), and a sweet looking full-metal (lol) construction. The only problem is that within half to a year of using them, one of the wires will most likely come lose, causing sound in one of the earbuds to just completely die. Fortunately, they have a 1-year warranty, and I've even heard that they'll cover a full replacement for that problem even after the warranty's over.


Not gonna lie, those are really fuckin cool looking.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
April 12 2009 22:50 GMT
#56
Cheers for the replies guys, helpful stuff.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
frankbg
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada335 Posts
April 12 2009 22:55 GMT
#57
I'm puzzled as to why people would want to buy 250$ earbuds ... honestly, get regular headphones?
Spinlock
Profile Joined December 2008
United States59 Posts
April 12 2009 23:00 GMT
#58
On April 13 2009 07:55 frankbg wrote:
I'm puzzled as to why people would want to buy 250$ earbuds ... honestly, get regular headphones?

At $250 they aren't really "earbuds" like ipod headphones, but in-ear monitors. Why do people get them? Small, and better noise isolation than headphones, with good sound quality.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
April 12 2009 23:11 GMT
#59
good review. i have only used one razer product - the diamondback 3g - and it's awesome. the only downside is that the clicks are pretty loud, although i am sure there is a way to fix it. i don't mind it since i use silencing headphones anyway. go razer
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 23:32:13
April 12 2009 23:30 GMT
#60
I bought the Phonak Audeo PFE. They have received very good reviews and are by many said to be one of the best quality/price IEMs around atm.

They go for about 140$.

If you're interested in buying anything Audiophile, do thorough research.

Visit www.head-fi.org and read people's reviews.

Remembers, everyone's ear and music taste is different, so what applies to one person does not necessarily apply to the next guy.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 222
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm90
League of Legends
Doublelift3809
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee185
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 28
• HeavenSC 12
• Sammyuel 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur535
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Replay Cast
1h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.