• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8320 users

[Review] Razer Moray (earbuds) - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Solinren
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2653 Posts
April 11 2009 05:05 GMT
#21
Thanks for the review, might consider buying one.
For those who are also wanting to get one for themselves, Buy.com has it also for only $30 with free shipping. And for those who uses ebay and Live cashback, you can get $3 dollars off the purchase.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 11 2009 05:16 GMT
#22
On April 11 2009 12:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Holy god this is a nice and thorough review. Extremely professional sounding IMO, almost sounding like a paid review *check's orb's posting history*

Honestly, I don't need anything new soon, but if my current headphones break/have issues I would buy these without a doubt (cheap price, plus it's fucking Razor, they sponsored the TSL!).


Thanks! I tried to make it as nice to read as possible

On April 11 2009 13:41 Jibba wrote:
How's the construction quality and what's their warranty?

The wiring seems pretty thin so it might wear away after a while. I've gone through 2 pairs of V-Moda Vibes and the casing wore away on both before a year, largely because the connection to the bud was so stupidly designed.


Construction quality seems nice enough atm, but it's always hard to tell these kinds of things when you first start using something. The warranty is one year if I remember correctly.

The cable certainly isn't the highest quality. It's a very lightweight standard cable, nothing fancy. I just got it so I don't know if this is due to misuse or what, but I think at least two people have replied to the thread saying that the two cables came apart. This isn't a problem at all on the SuperFis by contrast, as the cable is extremely high quality on those and feels very sturdy.

On April 11 2009 12:50 PobTheCad wrote:
surely if you are heading into the 150 range for ear 'buds' you might as well buy proper headphones instead?

your ears don't hurt as much after using them


I've used studio headphones and the highest end bose headphones etc.

None of them are as good as my SuperFi 5 Pros.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
R3condite
Profile Joined August 2008
Korea (South)1541 Posts
April 11 2009 05:29 GMT
#23
nice rev...
ggyo...
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-11 05:33:19
April 11 2009 05:32 GMT
#24
I actually had a bud die on my SuperFis so maybe I just have bad luck with earbuds. D:

Right now I'm using Nuforce NE-7s and they're very nice. Good quality (although the molds it shipped with weren't as good as the V-Moda molds, so I'm using those) and thicker cables/connection, plus it comes with a clip so I can redirect the tension away from the buds.

I've basically decided not to pay more than $50 for earbuds, simply because I know even the best earbuds are going to have issues with the wiring after a few years.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-11 05:37:14
April 11 2009 05:35 GMT
#25
On April 11 2009 14:32 Jibba wrote:
I actually had a bud die on my SuperFis so maybe I just have bad luck with earbuds. D:

Right now I'm using Nuforce NE-7s and they're very nice. Good quality (although the molds it shipped with weren't as good as the V-Moda molds, so I'm using those) and thicker cables/connection, plus it comes with a clip so I can redirect the tension away from the buds.

I've basically decided not to pay more than $50 for earbuds, simply because I know even the best earbuds are going to have issues with the wiring after a few years.


Not to say anything personal, but some people just don't take care of their headphones.

I've had my SuperFis for over 3 years and I don't have a single problem with them.

Also ultimate ears offers free cable replacement if your cable is broken, because they made it so it's easy to detach the cable from the headphone if you need to. Pretty good design imo
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
April 11 2009 06:12 GMT
#26
I don't think I've been too bad with any of them, especially not the V-Modas. The SuperFis were a while ago, but I think one of the buds just started to go after a couple months. I'm pretty careful about how I wrap/store them and they don't get yanked around much. I actually have a pair of Sony E51s for the gym that get treated much worse (sweat, accidental tugging, etc.), and they've lasted the longest out of any.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
April 11 2009 22:29 GMT
#27
I was planning on writing some sort a review when I got mine but it looks like you got yours first. Then again you definitely did a better job than I would have :p
Damn I'm even more hyped up about receiving them now! Can't wait.
Thanks for the cool review.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 11 2009 22:39 GMT
#28
Why must you resurface my feelings of immense jealousy and anger!
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 11 2009 22:47 GMT
#29
Who all won? I don't remember seeing anything after the initial thread.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 12 2009 05:48 GMT
#30
On April 12 2009 07:47 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Who all won? I don't remember seeing anything after the initial thread.


I think it's posted in the original thread on the first post (edited of course)
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
April 12 2009 05:55 GMT
#31
Really nice review, but I'm so cheap i get my micro phones from the dollar store
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 06:05:34
April 12 2009 06:03 GMT
#32
Sony and bose both have shitty IEMs i wouldnt compare with those. Sennheisers are pretty decent value and in the same price range i'd like to know how you compare those to the morays. and just as a side note why did you pay that much for superfi 5s? arent they only like 150-200? Either way there's better headphones you can pick up at that price range. (ah nvm i guess the pro model does retail at 250)
I'm currently using V-moda vibes and have a pair of denon's on the shelf (great bass...harsh highs ) If you can find a pair of vibes at your local costco i'd recommend picking them up (unless you'd like to support razer and TL :-p ) Sound is great but as jibba says the construction is stupid so take care of them. also some of them have different style cables for some reason, the one im using now seems to be more solid than my previous pair
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
PobTheCad
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia893 Posts
April 12 2009 06:45 GMT
#33
On April 11 2009 14:16 -orb- wrote:
I've used studio headphones and the highest end bose headphones etc.

None of them are as good as my SuperFi 5 Pros.

are bose still recognised as a good audio brand?
i thought alot had changed in the past 20 years
personally i dont see how you could get the same bass response (and noise cancellation) from buds as opposed to phones
Once again back is the incredible!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 12 2009 06:49 GMT
#34
On April 12 2009 15:45 PobTheCad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2009 14:16 -orb- wrote:
I've used studio headphones and the highest end bose headphones etc.

None of them are as good as my SuperFi 5 Pros.

are bose still recognised as a good audio brand?
i thought alot had changed in the past 20 years
personally i dont see how you could get the same bass response (and noise cancellation) from buds as opposed to phones


Bose is generally shat upon nowadays for being overpriced for lower quality. Needless to say it still sells as well as ipods do. as far as speakers, klipsch and polk are pretty good, and for OEMs sennheiser is pretty rape, then IEMs have a bunch of different brands/models, too many to generalize. but the bose iems are pretty bad from what i hear.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
April 12 2009 06:58 GMT
#35
Badass review, dude
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 12 2009 08:08 GMT
#36
On April 12 2009 15:45 PobTheCad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2009 14:16 -orb- wrote:
I've used studio headphones and the highest end bose headphones etc.

None of them are as good as my SuperFi 5 Pros.

are bose still recognised as a good audio brand?
i thought alot had changed in the past 20 years
personally i dont see how you could get the same bass response (and noise cancellation) from buds as opposed to phones


Any audiophile knows bose is pretty much shit nowadays, but all of mainstream thinks bose is like top-end best of the best stuff.

Like the kinds of people that walk around listening to their ipods on the earbuds that come with the ipod (ugh.... I'd rather not listen at all... actually I'd rather scratch nails against a chalk board).

Ever since I really got into audio a couple years ago I started watching everyone on the subway/etc and a SURPRISINGLY high number of people use the shitty quality ipod earbuds.

I'd bet over 90% of those people would say bose is really high quality headphones if you asked them.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
April 12 2009 08:21 GMT
#37
I definitely deserved to win these T_T
Peace~
PobTheCad
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia893 Posts
April 12 2009 10:03 GMT
#38
On April 12 2009 17:08 -orb- wrote:
Any audiophile knows bose is pretty much shit nowadays, but all of mainstream thinks bose is like top-end best of the best stuff.

Like the kinds of people that walk around listening to their ipods on the earbuds that come with the ipod (ugh.... I'd rather not listen at all... actually I'd rather scratch nails against a chalk board).

Ever since I really got into audio a couple years ago I started watching everyone on the subway/etc and a SURPRISINGLY high number of people use the shitty quality ipod earbuds.

I'd bet over 90% of those people would say bose is really high quality headphones if you asked them.

i have some good bose speakers , they were made at least 25 years ago in the USA
the ones nowdays are made in china and are not speakers so much as 'lifestyle packages'
the same can be said of ipod phones , people wear them to be seen with them not because they are good quality as such
Once again back is the incredible!
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
April 12 2009 10:09 GMT
#39
I've always been really curious as to how really good buds sound. How would those SuperFis compare to say, Grados?
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 10:31:33
April 12 2009 10:31 GMT
#40
oops
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7637
WinterStarcraft630
Sick172
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV235
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• Sammyuel 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2207
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Rush858
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 35m
Patches Events
8h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 35m
OSC
16h 35m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.