• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6597 users

Klazart and Authonomy - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
March 26 2009 19:39 GMT
#81
play singleplayer.

Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 19:39 GMT
#82
Not all of us are snooty about things. I'm pretty laid back, but I have to say, if you vote for the book without even bothering to read any of it, then you are confirming what snoots are saying. Please don't give them justification.

But... Please... can someone tell me what the darned rush is about? He doesn't need to rush.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 19:42 GMT
#83
On March 26 2009 07:51 Klaz wrote:
Na, it's very close, I have to be in the top 5 at the end of the month


Why? What's the rush? Where's the fire?
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Floodgate
Profile Joined March 2009
10 Posts
March 26 2009 19:49 GMT
#84
On March 27 2009 04:38 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2009 04:35 Floodgate wrote:
BTW, now that the ruckus has died down a bit, I'm glad that I at least learnt about Starcraft. I played WoW for a few months, got mega rich, but bored and a tad peeved at some of the ... impulsive ... players. Starcraft looks like a great strategy game - I'll be buying a copy. Any advice for a complete noob, e.g. start with the original game? Point me to the thread, wiki, whatever, or is that off-topic?

Take a look in the Broodwar and Strategy forums. You buy the game in a box set thing that has Starcraft and the expansion Broodwar, I recommend you start playing with Broodwar.


Thanks, and thanks to Snow Fantasy, much appreciated.
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 19:59 GMT
#85
On March 26 2009 15:41 Qeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2009 12:29 Klaz wrote:
I'm man enough for Mrs Klazart

Vilda just laid down some WTF pwnage in the comments on the authonomy blog (her post is no. 50 at the end)

http://blog.authonomy.com/2009/03/fun-and-online-games-at-authonomy.html

She's one articulate girl.


god, i read the comment from banana (2nd above vilda), thats pretty fucked up.. people only reading others books and flattering for months just to increase their own books ranking? sounds like hell to me. no surprise some of them are really pissed after your success.


Okay... from this comment do I deduce that you don't believe in working hard for something that you want? I don't think so. I've been on Auth for six months. I've known for a while that it was mostly a glorious time waster, but I've picked up some useful tips. But it is hard work if you want to be noticed and read. Or it was. Actually, Auth is the least labour intensive of all the sites.

I don't flatter. I only back books that I would actually go out and pay for in the shops. I tend to only comment on books that I enjoy. I firmly believe that if I can't find something constructive to say, it's better to say nothing at all. Just because I don't like something, that's my opinion. I'm no technical whiz... so I cannot offer the view of an editor, I can only comment from the point of view of someone who spends a small fortune on books every year.

To be clear what Auth is and what it is not. It's an electronic slush pile. Nothing less, nothing more. The point of reading and backing is that the pile was supposed to read itself, instead of having lots of office minions do it with real manuscripts delivered to offices every day. There isn't a prize guaranteeing you a contract. Every top five pick so far has been a No. And if you're hoping for an amazing crit from the "Editors".... some folk have been doomed to dreadful disappointment. Some of the reviews have been pants (to put it mildly). But people have been willing to work at it.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 20:01 GMT
#86
On March 26 2009 21:51 General Nuke Em wrote:
It appears that the folks in charge at the website have banned new users from backing Klazart's book because I just registered and was able to "back" other shitty books but not Klazart's. An attempt to back Klazart's book pops up with a message saying "too many requests from this computer."

edit - Hrm, appears it affects other books randomly actually.


Server's having another hissy fit.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
March 26 2009 20:04 GMT
#87
On March 27 2009 04:39 Mockingbird wrote:
Not all of us are snooty about things. I'm pretty laid back, but I have to say, if you vote for the book without even bothering to read any of it, then you are confirming what snoots are saying. Please don't give them justification.

But... Please... can someone tell me what the darned rush is about? He doesn't need to rush.

Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 20:09 GMT
#88
On March 27 2009 01:42 Zozma wrote:
Well, I disagree that the influx of Starcraft people and Klazart fans is "wrecking their community."

Perhaps it's the catalyst of this whole thing, but they're just overreacting. Next month, trolls and ridiculous Klazart fans will probably lose interest, and then it will be business as usual on Authonomy, except with more people to give feedback and such.


Less.... because some folk have pulled out... not necessarily for the reason of Klazart's arrival. Indeed, I've decided to stay on a bit longer because of the fresh injection of new readers. Not sure it will ever be business as usual again to be honest.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-26 20:29:43
March 26 2009 20:27 GMT
#89
Well, the way I understand it, Klazart has fixed his eye on the feedback from a professional editor, and he wants to go straight there without stopping to smell the roses.

It also seems that he has some distrust of the feedback he would get from the regulars on the website, because he has a poor opinion of the whole system.

If you try to walk in his shoes a bit, you can see that he doesn't feel like he's rushing things... he doesn't believe that there's anything useful to him there other than being in the top five and getting his work read by a pro.
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
March 26 2009 20:36 GMT
#90
On March 27 2009 05:27 Zozma wrote:
Well, the way I understand it, Klazart has fixed his eye on the feedback from a professional editor, and he wants to go straight there without stopping to smell the roses.

It also seems that he has some distrust of the feedback he would get from the regulars on the website, because he has a poor opinion of the whole system.

If you try to walk in his shoes a bit, you can see that he doesn't feel like he's rushing things... he doesn't believe that there's anything useful to him there other than being in the top five and getting his work read by a pro.


The system may indeed be "flawed", but let's face it - it works just like real life. It's all about who you know and how many friends you have. No matter what sort of system authonomy implements, as long as it depends on interrelations between users, they can't avoid this simple truth.
Klaz
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Ireland334 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-26 20:41:56
March 26 2009 20:41 GMT
#91
yup,

I don't really have much faith in the system. While there may be some people there who do give genuine feedback, it's difficult to know who to trust and who to not.

For me the fact that the people at the top are also the people who have been most active in "giving feeback" and backing other books is no coincidence. And everything that has happened over the past few days, the reactions and all the rest has only re-enforced this view.

I'm probably not going to be in the top 5 this month, and the "elders" have enough power to repeat the same thing next month unless I play their game, which I don't really want to. So it's back to plan B.
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
March 26 2009 21:13 GMT
#92
Is plan B to draw a lot of attention to yourself, so that everyone wants to read your book?
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 21:18 GMT
#93
On March 27 2009 05:27 Zozma wrote:
Well, the way I understand it, Klazart has fixed his eye on the feedback from a professional editor, and he wants to go straight there without stopping to smell the roses.

It also seems that he has some distrust of the feedback he would get from the regulars on the website, because he has a poor opinion of the whole system.

If you try to walk in his shoes a bit, you can see that he doesn't feel like he's rushing things... he doesn't believe that there's anything useful to him there other than being in the top five and getting his work read by a pro.


To be frank, pro is a fairly unreliable term... read what passes for gold star crits by the "pros" of Authonomy. I've seen better Eng Comp homework by twelve year olds. And often the gold star crits tell you precisely nothing useful. But.... the site has some real heavy hitters who are pros in the world of critique. There are a couple of professional critics who write for newspapers, a few editors, and some agents. all of which will be more helpful than anything he will score from the ED.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
March 26 2009 21:22 GMT
#94
On March 27 2009 06:18 Mockingbird wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2009 05:27 Zozma wrote:
Well, the way I understand it, Klazart has fixed his eye on the feedback from a professional editor, and he wants to go straight there without stopping to smell the roses.

It also seems that he has some distrust of the feedback he would get from the regulars on the website, because he has a poor opinion of the whole system.

If you try to walk in his shoes a bit, you can see that he doesn't feel like he's rushing things... he doesn't believe that there's anything useful to him there other than being in the top five and getting his work read by a pro.


To be frank, pro is a fairly unreliable term... read what passes for gold star crits by the "pros" of Authonomy. I've seen better Eng Comp homework by twelve year olds. And often the gold star crits tell you precisely nothing useful. But.... the site has some real heavy hitters who are pros in the world of critique. There are a couple of professional critics who write for newspapers, a few editors, and some agents. all of which will be more helpful than anything he will score from the ED.
Then tell him that! I didn't say I agree with him, and I don't disagree with him either. I just don't know. All I'm saying is that if I understand what he thinks, that's what he thinks.
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
March 26 2009 21:22 GMT
#95
On March 27 2009 06:13 CDRdude wrote:
Is plan B to draw a lot of attention to yourself, so that everyone wants to read your book?

Nope, that was Plan A. Plan B is a bit more drastic.
Vilda
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Sweden111 Posts
March 26 2009 21:43 GMT
#96
I heard that FakeSteve guy is really funny
Vilda is all about StarCraft
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 26 2009 22:35 GMT
#97
On March 27 2009 05:41 Klaz wrote:
yup,

I don't really have much faith in the system. While there may be some people there who do give genuine feedback, it's difficult to know who to trust and who to not.

For me the fact that the people at the top are also the people who have been most active in "giving feeback" and backing other books is no coincidence. And everything that has happened over the past few days, the reactions and all the rest has only re-enforced this view.

I'm probably not going to be in the top 5 this month, and the "elders" have enough power to repeat the same thing next month unless I play their game, which I don't really want to. So it's back to plan B.


It's dead easy to spot the useful crits. They're the ones that tell you unpalatable truths. The ones who say: This is good. That is bad. More of this. Less of that. Message JayG. You will get 3,500 words on your ms.... and it will be completely devoid of flannel, or sucking up. You may need to sit down whilst reading it, because he pulls no punches whatsoever. I'm not wild about the guy, but he's published, so he has some reference. NickP. Again, I'm not over keen on the guy, but he knows writing. These guys are real pros, with real knowledge who can help you.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
achap54
Profile Joined March 2009
United States49 Posts
March 27 2009 02:14 GMT
#98
At 10:00 p.m. US EST(Daylight), Klazart is at 1358 votes (vs 1311 at 9:00 a.m.). Klazart has gained forty-seven votes in the past thirteen hours.

Also, the long time Authonomy users have regained their voting power (apparently the thirty day rolling average aspect of the voting power formula has kicked in).

Has the balance of power shifted? Maybe. But Klazart has mentioned a plan B?

As they say, it's not over until it's over.

Five days to go.
This too shall pass
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
March 27 2009 02:19 GMT
#99
On March 27 2009 06:43 Vilda wrote:
I heard that FakeSteve guy is really funny


maybe i should write a book
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
March 27 2009 02:22 GMT
#100
"paid the cost to be the boss"
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko60
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
sorry 116
Dewaltoss 111
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
Counter-Strike
byalli883
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister977
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes232
KnowMe114
dupreeh47
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3m
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN21
WardiTV Weekly
1h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 3m
Replay Cast
13h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.