• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6178 users

Klazart and Authonomy - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
inlagdsil
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada957 Posts
March 28 2009 05:26 GMT
#121
On March 28 2009 13:07 stack wrote:
can we not vote him up.

He's already got sufficient attention for his book by trying to game the crappy system to get another crappy book out there. Write something good and I'll support it - there's too much shit out there as it is.

can't have your cake and eat it.

Are you sure it's crappy? to me it looked pretty promising.
Anyway, do as you please
There is nothing cuter than a zergling when it has just started taking crack
fight_or_flight
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States3988 Posts
March 28 2009 05:48 GMT
#122
The youtube subscription update gets sent out on saturday. A certain number of people will watch the video when that update gets sent. Perhaps it will be enough to pull klazart through.
Do you really want chat rooms?
Mockingbird
Profile Joined March 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
March 28 2009 08:58 GMT
#123
On March 28 2009 14:26 inlagdsil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2009 13:07 stack wrote:
can we not vote him up.

He's already got sufficient attention for his book by trying to game the crappy system to get another crappy book out there. Write something good and I'll support it - there's too much shit out there as it is.

can't have your cake and eat it.

Are you sure it's crappy? to me it looked pretty promising.
Anyway, do as you please


Klazart's book has promise. He's missed a big trick by circumventing the part that would have helped him hone and polish the ms, but that's his choice. He wants the gold star review, quite what he thinks he's going to do with it (or what it is going to do for him when he gets it), I am not at all certain, but I am fairly certain that he's going to be somewhat disappointed when it happens. The gold star review is a bit like a joke with no punchline... you keep waiting for something amazing to happen... and it doesn't.
Motivation? Just say your lines and try not to trip over the furniture!
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
March 28 2009 10:58 GMT
#124
On March 28 2009 17:58 Mockingbird wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2009 14:26 inlagdsil wrote:
On March 28 2009 13:07 stack wrote:
can we not vote him up.

He's already got sufficient attention for his book by trying to game the crappy system to get another crappy book out there. Write something good and I'll support it - there's too much shit out there as it is.

can't have your cake and eat it.

Are you sure it's crappy? to me it looked pretty promising.
Anyway, do as you please


Klazart's book has promise. He's missed a big trick by circumventing the part that would have helped him hone and polish the ms, but that's his choice. He wants the gold star review, quite what he thinks he's going to do with it (or what it is going to do for him when he gets it), I am not at all certain, but I am fairly certain that he's going to be somewhat disappointed when it happens. The gold star review is a bit like a joke with no punchline... you keep waiting for something amazing to happen... and it doesn't.


They better be careful with a review of Klazart's novel and put some effort into it. Otherwise I see angry gamer mobs with torches and pitchforks set loose... Well, any PR is better than no PR... :D
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
aeroH
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1034 Posts
March 28 2009 12:28 GMT
#125
He seems to have been stuck at number six for awhile now...
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
March 28 2009 13:39 GMT
#126
On March 28 2009 13:54 f10esqftw wrote:

Kindof an interesting guerilla warfare going on. If Klazart's fans were a zerg swarm, the authonomy regulars have built a bunker and have all their scvs repairing it.
This is so awesome. LOL!

I don't think he'll make top 5! The regulars have united! This sure was interesting to follow.
achap54
Profile Joined March 2009
United States49 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-28 15:43:20
March 28 2009 15:41 GMT
#127
I've been on Authonomy since last November. My book, Savannah Passion, presently sits in forty-first position. I've reviewed hundreds of book excerpts posted on Authonomy. In my opinion, Klazart's book is well above average compared to those I've read on Authonomy.

I've made major revisions to my book three time on the way to it's present position. As Mockingbird has said, Klazart initially missed the opportunity to get suggestions from Authonomy authors to polish his book before it hit the editor's desk. But, he's starting to get critiques from Authonomy regulars and those reviews could help him revised his book.

If Klazart doesn't get to the editor's desk this month, he'll start next month in first position and he's likely to make it that month. With an extra month, Klazart will garner more reviews from Authonomy regulars, many of which will contain helpful suggestions.

Edit: Grammar
This too shall pass
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 28 2009 16:06 GMT
#128
Have there ever been any known authors who got published from this thing? I feel like there's so much fuss going on for maybe nothing? I mean, I've been published before but I'm not even proud of the fact at this point, I hardly made any money, and nobody cares about it. So I'm thinking Mockingbird, although sounding sort of listless about this whole thing, is pretty much right on the money. Nothing really significant/great is going to come out of this, so just relax and don't take it so seriously.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
achap54
Profile Joined March 2009
United States49 Posts
March 29 2009 01:55 GMT
#129
On March 29 2009 01:06 Xeris wrote:
Have there ever been any known authors who got published from this thing? I feel like there's so much fuss going on for maybe nothing? I mean, I've been published before but I'm not even proud of the fact at this point, I hardly made any money, and nobody cares about it. So I'm thinking Mockingbird, although sounding sort of listless about this whole thing, is pretty much right on the money. Nothing really significant/great is going to come out of this, so just relax and don't take it so seriously.


The advance on a first book of commercial fiction is meger in the United States. I have no idea what a typical advance is for a first book of commercial fiction in Britian. The advances go up book by book as long as the author's reader base increases. Generally they go up slowly.

In romance (my genre) fifty percent of authors who sell one book don't ever sell another book.

The people who make a decent living writing commercial fiction are few. The people who make a killing at it are rare.

Is it about the money? I doubt it.
This too shall pass
banana_the_poet
Profile Joined March 2009
Greece1 Post
Last Edited: 2009-03-29 22:05:46
March 29 2009 19:52 GMT
#130
On March 29 2009 01:06 Xeris wrote:
Have there ever been any known authors who got published from this thing? I feel like there's so much fuss going on for maybe nothing? I mean, I've been published before but I'm not even proud of the fact at this point, I hardly made any money, and nobody cares about it. So I'm thinking Mockingbird, although sounding sort of listless about this whole thing, is pretty much right on the money. Nothing really significant/great is going to come out of this, so just relax and don't take it so seriously.


Hello, I found this thread after googling my name to see where I'm being mentioned, and was amazed to find my poem on one of the threads. Thanks to whoever posted it.

In answer to the above Q. - I've been on authonomy since last September. authonomy had only been online for a month or so before that. So known authors wouldn't have been published from it as it hasn't been going long enough.

In any case, none of the top 5 winners who got reviews (it happens each month) have been published as a result of being winners, and I don't think any of them have been published at all.

3 authors who had books on authonomy got publishing contracts but I think I'm correct in saying at least one of them had an agent who was instrumental in that working out for them, rather than their presence on authonomy being any crucial factor in their success.

The editors 'reviews' are largely not worth the paper they aren't written on. Once a book gets the review hardly anyone on authonomy ever visits that book again.

The 'peer' reviews by folk trying to rise in the ranks are similarly useless. They aren't going to say anything bad to anyone they perceive as potentially valuable to them, and often if someone makes a genuine crit (as I did - never having any expectations of the 'race' ) the result is a vituperative and aggressive response from an aggrieved author.

I removed my books shortly after the influx of newbies, because I was sickened at the unpleasant response to people I saw as potential readers.

My silly poems were ironically doing quite well - but they have a loyal readership on their own blog anyway (75,000 + visitors so far) and I have now settled my book into its own blog with about 20 readers a day. I am keeping an eye on what happens on authonomy as there are some books I am enjoying - Lesser Sins being one of them.

But as far as it being a pathway to success.

Maybe it is but in the same way Stars in Their Eyes is a pathway to singing fame and fortune

so Not - really.


edited to remove unintentional smiley from parenthesis.
If you save a life, you save a universe - One piece at time.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
March 29 2009 20:40 GMT
#131
post link of ur blog or pm it, u humble u

welcome to tl.net : ) hope u visit every now and then
it would be a pleasure to have another sentient individual with such good nature to drop by every now and then
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
Qwertify
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2531 Posts
March 29 2009 20:48 GMT
#132
On March 29 2009 01:06 Xeris wrote:
Have there ever been any known authors who got published from this thing? I feel like there's so much fuss going on for maybe nothing? I mean, I've been published before but I'm not even proud of the fact at this point, I hardly made any money, and nobody cares about it. So I'm thinking Mockingbird, although sounding sort of listless about this whole thing, is pretty much right on the money. Nothing really significant/great is going to come out of this, so just relax and don't take it so seriously.


You may not care about your own writing, but other people take theirs pretty seriously, and expect others to do so as well.
CJ Entusman #24
R3condite
Profile Joined August 2008
Korea (South)1541 Posts
March 29 2009 21:08 GMT
#133
On March 26 2009 04:11 fanatacist wrote:
I think this topic has honestly been beaten to a gluey pulp after failing to finish first in a horse race. What else could be discussed here? They have made an apology, an announcement, and Klazart's book is still up on the site. I think a fair verdict has been arrived at, and that any further discussion should happen at authonomy, for authonomy.

this...
seriously y do we care so much about something happening at another site completely unrelated to us about a guy that's not even part of the tl community... i mean yeah itwas interesting but i think the topic's been over done already like fanatacist said
ggyo...
only_human89
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States212 Posts
March 29 2009 21:45 GMT
#134
why are we starting up this bs topic again?
"You're a pathetic, jerk, loser, and I wouldn't kiss you if I had brain cancer and your lips were the cure" LOOOOL
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
March 29 2009 22:11 GMT
#135
Klaz dropped back down to 6 today :/
RedTerror
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
New Zealand742 Posts
March 30 2009 00:07 GMT
#136
The regulars are vote blocking him
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
March 30 2009 00:22 GMT
#137
How does the system work? His book is on more bookshelves and watchlists than any of the books in the top 5. Yet it's not in the top 5?

They have a pretty much messed up system there at authonomy.
Meh
achap54
Profile Joined March 2009
United States49 Posts
March 30 2009 12:41 GMT
#138
On March 30 2009 09:22 baubo wrote:
How does the system work? His book is on more bookshelves and watchlists than any of the books in the top 5. Yet it's not in the top 5?

They have a pretty much messed up system there at authonomy.


A book rises on the charts based on 'shelving' (also known as backing). To support a book an Authonomy user places it on their bookshelf and a vote for the book is secretly tallied by HC. The size of the vote tallied when a person shelves a book depends on their Talent Spotter Rank. The better a person is at spotting talent, the more valuable their support is.

At this point, the book can be removed from the user's bookshelf, but the vote for the book remains. Since many people back several books over the course of a week and there are only five spots on their bookshelf, people tend to rotate books through their bookshelf.

Thus, the number of shelves a person's book presently sits on isn't an accurate reflection of the number of votes they have received. Klazart's tally is the exception, as few of his supporters have rotated their bookshelves.

The number of watchlists a book is on doesn't directly figure in the voting. Indirectly, it does as being on a watchlist generally indicates an interest in reading the book which will often translate into a vote later on.
This too shall pass
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
March 30 2009 14:20 GMT
#139
Thanks for the explanation. So since the SC people don't have "talent spotter rank", their votes basically don't count? Well, that kind of sucks.
Meh
spec. opps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States127 Posts
March 30 2009 14:42 GMT
#140
i can see how that would work but isnt the general audiance meaning book buying citizens in general shouldnt their vote count for something even though the people at the site are definetly more profesional isnt being seen by the general public even more important then just a few authors, im not saying everyone should like the book/dislike the book im just saying shouldnt just random visitors who legitimitly like the book get a decent vote
time is the biggest difference that can be made
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko6
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6732
actioN 535
BeSt 518
Leta 486
Jaedong 398
Larva 210
EffOrt 171
Mong 127
sorry 113
Dewaltoss 102
[ Show more ]
Zeus 99
ToSsGirL 64
scan(afreeca) 63
Killer 61
Barracks 58
Free 46
sSak 39
Shinee 38
Aegong 36
Bale 33
soO 26
FanTaSy 22
NotJumperer 19
HiyA 17
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe179
Counter-Strike
byalli870
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister910
singsing541
Happy385
crisheroes232
Pyrionflax202
KnowMe107
dupreeh47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1
UltimateBattle 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt382
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 5m
Replay Cast
13h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.