• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:20
CEST 12:20
KST 19:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11941 users

$500,000,000.00 but you get kicked in the balls - Page 51

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 69 Next
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
April 14 2012 06:25 GMT
#1001
On April 14 2012 15:15 nihlon wrote:
Not worth it. If I wanted money that badly I'd rather commit some form of crime. I'd not gets as much money but I'd rather risk some prison than being in pain every day for the rest of my life.

but after prison, every time you sit down your ass will hurt
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
April 14 2012 06:44 GMT
#1002
On April 14 2012 15:25 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 15:15 nihlon wrote:
Not worth it. If I wanted money that badly I'd rather commit some form of crime. I'd not gets as much money but I'd rather risk some prison than being in pain every day for the rest of my life.

but after prison, every time you sit down your ass will hurt

Why?
"!@€#" - as some guy said
R4iD
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada142 Posts
April 14 2012 06:50 GMT
#1003
the amount of drugs i would be on 247 would neglect the ball kicks....so yes weeeeeee
your either pro or your noob, and thats life
TheGeneralTheoryOf
Profile Joined February 2012
235 Posts
April 14 2012 06:59 GMT
#1004
On April 14 2012 15:11 karlmengsk wrote:
I`d take a kick in the balls for five bucks



I see we both live in Canada.... this can definitely be arranged.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 07:18:25
April 14 2012 07:14 GMT
#1005
On April 14 2012 14:53 Greenei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2007 08:42 Hot_Bid wrote:
well that's easy, how much is the value of someone kicking you very hard in the balls without them being permanently damaged?

if you live another 50 years, this amounts to roughly $9000 per kick in the balls. even factoring the randomness of the kick (its more hurtful since you can't really prepare yourself against it), i think many people would take $9000 for a kick in the balls, provided they know there won't be permanent damage.

and that's if EACH KICK gives you $9000. If you get the $500million up front, it's a really easy decision, because the rest of your life you can spend having so much fun that it easily outweighs the inconvenience of the ball-kicking, which you would probably get used to after a few years.


No. The marginal usefulness of 9000$ is falling in the amount of money you have. Say you have 1.000.000 $ would you still let yourself be kicked in the balls for 9k? No.

It's called marginal utility in economics. And yes your are correct after you had enough to live on getting kicked in the nuts for $9000 would lose appeal, after a few mill you wouldnt do it for 1000000 a kick

But I think this is an all or nothing deal.
MC for president
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
April 14 2012 07:27 GMT
#1006

cont'd
+ Show Spoiler +


Not sure if it was already posted.

Over time, one gets desensitized to the pain of the kicks, not to mention would become more resilient to them as well. Without training these hypothetical would blast a person's balls off, but considering the hypothetical situation doesn't deal any damage, that's not an issue.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Ethic
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada439 Posts
April 14 2012 08:10 GMT
#1007
*Take $500,000,000.00*
*Gets sex change*
"YOU'VE BEN HAD! HAAAAAHAHAHAHA!"
SC2 ID: Ethic.791 - 1v1 DIAMOND - SHILOH UPSILON
Wasteweiser
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada522 Posts
April 14 2012 08:21 GMT
#1008
Wow I love this question haha, I'm assuming there is no way to get out of the pain of being kicked out of the balls or dampering the feel what so ever. At first I thought there is no way get away witht his because you have responsibilites and personal presentation. But if you have an unlimited amount of funds, who cares about those things.

The only disadvantage I can see is if you were focusing really hard on something you care about and then getting kicked in the balls lol. Like getting kicked in the gsl finals!
Obitus.243
Tanukki
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland579 Posts
April 14 2012 08:22 GMT
#1009
Nope, got a fear of getting struck in the balls. Does that have like a special phobia name or something? :p
Ctoan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia75 Posts
April 14 2012 08:37 GMT
#1010
On April 14 2012 15:44 Weson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 15:25 jmbthirteen wrote:
On April 14 2012 15:15 nihlon wrote:
Not worth it. If I wanted money that badly I'd rather commit some form of crime. I'd not gets as much money but I'd rather risk some prison than being in pain every day for the rest of my life.

but after prison, every time you sit down your ass will hurt

Why?


bend over and ill show you...


to answer the OP, def yes, I think after a while you would get used to the pain.
5L33MAN
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia42 Posts
April 14 2012 08:39 GMT
#1011
what a ridiculous thread!

but i like it.
Probe.
Profile Joined May 2009
United States877 Posts
April 14 2012 09:19 GMT
#1012
New question: Human centipede for 5 years during the prime years of your life but they can put you back to normal after for $500,000,000.00. Would you?
meow
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
April 14 2012 14:39 GMT
#1013
lol this thread is still going ? the result is unnaturally close :x
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
April 14 2012 14:52 GMT
#1014
On April 14 2012 17:37 Ctoan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 15:44 Weson wrote:
On April 14 2012 15:25 jmbthirteen wrote:
On April 14 2012 15:15 nihlon wrote:
Not worth it. If I wanted money that badly I'd rather commit some form of crime. I'd not gets as much money but I'd rather risk some prison than being in pain every day for the rest of my life.

but after prison, every time you sit down your ass will hurt

Why?


bend over and ill show you...


to answer the OP, def yes, I think after a while you would get used to the pain.

there is EU prison and there is US prison

prison in EU: http://9gag.com/gag/1948583
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
ZerO_0
Profile Joined October 2011
United States137 Posts
April 14 2012 14:59 GMT
#1015
I would just pump myself with morphine so I couldn't feel the pain lol. Would just have make sure I don't become a junkie though only downside.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 15:05:01
April 14 2012 15:03 GMT
#1016
I get kicked in the balls 3 times a day
I get paid 500 M to get kicked in the balls (a one time payment i assume)
My balls will never be 'permanently damaged'

Therefore, My nuts might hurt and get damaged temporarily.
Therefore, Yes I would accept this deal!
For the Dominion!
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
April 14 2012 15:04 GMT
#1017
I think that I would get used to the pain... and just because there wouldn't be any permanent damage, just pain.
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 15:06:25
April 14 2012 15:04 GMT
#1018
People keep saying that you can easily train to reduce pain (or get used to it). These shaolin monks and martial artists trained for many many years while using a ton of concentration and more importantly, KNOW the kick is coming, it is much easier to use a ton of focus and concentration to reduce the pain.

These kicks are coming at you randomly in the day, you're not going to be able to train yourself and reduce your pain significantly because you simply don't know when they are coming. And a surprise kick to the balls vs. a kick you know is coming is a world of difference.. Even if you do know the kick is coming, it's going to take A LOT more time for you to train. I'm pretty sure these shaolin monks and martial artists train physically a ton more than I'm sure every single person in this topic. So don't say in 5-10 years, you won't even feel the pain, you sure bet you will. If someone randomly stabs me in the back every day without me knowing but not killing me, it's probably gonna fucking hurt for a VERY long time before it stops hurting.

And once again like I said earlier, a lifetime of anxiety. If you're already decently well off financially, this isn't worth it.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
April 14 2012 15:16 GMT
#1019
Seems like many keyboard heroes and e-thugs seem to forget that physical pain will only be a minor factor in this deal, compared to the mental pressure. What people forget is that even after a few times of less painful torture people litterally do anything to make it stop.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
Holy_AT
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria978 Posts
April 14 2012 15:36 GMT
#1020
If I'd only get kicked in the balls I'd let some surgeons cut my balls of and therefore I wont get kicked anymore (as long as I can keep my penis I think I an fine with this).
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech82
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1138
Bisu 916
Hyuk 841
Larva 628
Leta 168
Sexy 135
Zeus 117
EffOrt 112
PianO 94
Soma 94
[ Show more ]
Mini 93
Pusan 65
ZerO 43
Killer 41
Last 38
ToSsGirL 35
sorry 32
Bale 26
Hm[arnc] 23
Trap 20
yabsab 18
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 351
League of Legends
JimRising 320
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
Other Games
gofns31922
singsing1660
crisheroes214
OGKoka 197
Mew2King112
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• LUISG 18
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7150
League of Legends
• Jankos1333
• Stunt1012
Upcoming Events
Online Event
40m
FEL
5h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 40m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.