• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10039 users

The China Politics Thread - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46 47 Next All
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
May 19 2022 06:43 GMT
#61
On May 19 2022 13:30 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 06:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
If you have low self esteem your life is lousy no matter how good the social safety net is.

Perhaps, but neither is self-esteem a substitute for the material necessities that allow for a dignified existence.

Also, the idea that you cannot have healthy self-esteem while benefiting from social programs is absurd.

Here ends my derailment of this thread about China.

Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 11:41 fakovski wrote:
Urkrainian, when they naively choose a comedian,they put their fate in others' hands.

Russia's tragic blundering in Ukraine is not the example I would select if I wanted to portray dictatorships as more powerful than democracies.


Exactly. I think Zelensky is doing way better than anyone had imagined him (or anyone else) doing.

Electing anyone else (except maybe a hardcore Putin stooge) wouldn't have stopped this from happening. And Zelensky is basically crushing it. Keeping up fighting moral, getting international support and so forth. Leading to Ukraine starting to win the war at this point.
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
May 19 2022 07:19 GMT
#62
Been following this channel for years now, really shows you what’s going on;

Haven’ t seen anyone mention how the Uighur people have been and are being treated by the goverment authorities in China
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 07:40 GMT
#63
On May 19 2022 13:30 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 06:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
If you have low self esteem your life is lousy no matter how good the social safety net is.

Perhaps, but neither is self-esteem a substitute for the material necessities that allow for a dignified existence.

Also, the idea that you cannot have healthy self-esteem while benefiting from social programs is absurd.

Here ends my derailment of this thread about China.

Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 11:41 fakovski wrote:
Urkrainian, when they naively choose a comedian,they put their fate in others' hands.

Russia's tragic blundering in Ukraine is not the example I would select if I wanted to portray dictatorships as more powerful than democracies.

I meant, if Urkrainians selected a wise leader, they might have avoided the fate of a pawn,
Ardias
Profile Joined January 2014
Russian Federation618 Posts
May 19 2022 07:40 GMT
#64
I guess the "Sovereign nation has a full right to choose it's own allies" principle from Europe doesn't work as well for the Pacific.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/26/us-wont-rule-out-military-action-if-china-establishes-base-in-solomon-islands
Mess with the best or die like the rest.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
May 19 2022 07:41 GMT
#65
On May 19 2022 15:20 gobbledydook wrote:
Whereas many Chinese do believe that those human rights allegations are excuses to attack China and the Chinese people, and they don't see why they have to follow the rules set by foreigners and that what China does is none of their business.

Saying that my country’s human rights abuses are nobody else’s business rings as true as saying that the stranger I’ve tied up in my garage is nobody else’s business because it’s my garage. I don’t think anybody’s moral compass accepts that as reasonable.

This is not to say that China is the only country with human rights abuses, but rather that such abuses are by their nature the problem of humanity as a whole.
May the BeSt man win.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 08:00 GMT
#66
On May 19 2022 16:19 pebble444 wrote:
Been following this channel for years now, really shows you what’s going on;

Haven’ t seen anyone mention how the Uighur people have been and are being treated by the goverment authorities in China
https://youtube.com/watch?v=n4rJUtdUqvk


I have no access to youtube without buying or using free VPN, I just don't bother to do that (TL is not blocked byw). I GUESS you are suggesting that Uighurs are suffering in China?Uighur popultion in China increase from 2.2million to 12million in the last 60years, they must be foolish to birth so many where life is hard for them?By the way, americans kill muslim everywhere, but they do care about muslim in China, isn't that ironic.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-05-19 08:14:41
May 19 2022 08:14 GMT
#67
On May 19 2022 17:00 fakovski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 16:19 pebble444 wrote:
Been following this channel for years now, really shows you what’s going on;

Haven’ t seen anyone mention how the Uighur people have been and are being treated by the goverment authorities in China
https://youtube.com/watch?v=n4rJUtdUqvk


I have no access to youtube without buying or using free VPN, I just don't bother to do that (TL is not blocked byw). I GUESS you are suggesting that Uighurs are suffering in China?Uighur popultion in China increase from 2.2million to 12million in the last 60years, they must be foolish to birth so many where life is hard for them?By the way, americans kill muslim everywhere, but they do care about muslim in China, isn't that ironic.


This has to be the worst argument i have read in a long time.

Just because people are suffering does not mean that they don't birth children. In fact, the opposite seems to be true. The countries fertility rates very strongly negatively correspond with wealth in a country. The countries where people tend to have the most children are also the countries where life in general is pretty shitty.

Regarding the second part, that is a very classic whataboutism. I am not from the US, and i was very opposed to the US wars in the last decades. And yet this still is not an argument in any way related to how shitty china treats its minorities.

Edit: Also, the fact that you don't have access to huge parts of the internet should really make you think.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 08:14 GMT
#68
On May 19 2022 16:41 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 15:20 gobbledydook wrote:
Whereas many Chinese do believe that those human rights allegations are excuses to attack China and the Chinese people, and they don't see why they have to follow the rules set by foreigners and that what China does is none of their business.

Saying that my country’s human rights abuses are nobody else’s business rings as true as saying that the stranger I’ve tied up in my garage is nobody else’s business because it’s my garage. I don’t think anybody’s moral compass accepts that as reasonable.

This is not to say that China is the only country with human rights abuses, but rather that such abuses are by their nature the problem of humanity as a whole.


Indians were annihilated, millions african slaves were captured to america, US troops kill civilians everywhere in the name of anti-terrorist, is that bloody killing fanaticism the nature of Anglo-Saxons? the problem of their humanity as a whole?
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 08:24 GMT
#69
On May 19 2022 17:14 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 17:00 fakovski wrote:
On May 19 2022 16:19 pebble444 wrote:
Been following this channel for years now, really shows you what’s going on;

Haven’ t seen anyone mention how the Uighur people have been and are being treated by the goverment authorities in China
https://youtube.com/watch?v=n4rJUtdUqvk


I have no access to youtube without buying or using free VPN, I just don't bother to do that (TL is not blocked byw). I GUESS you are suggesting that Uighurs are suffering in China?Uighur popultion in China increase from 2.2million to 12million in the last 60years, they must be foolish to birth so many where life is hard for them?By the way, americans kill muslim everywhere, but they do care about muslim in China, isn't that ironic.


This has to be the worst argument i have read in a long time.

Just because people are suffering does not mean that they don't birth children. In fact, the opposite seems to be true. The countries fertility rates very strongly negatively correspond with wealth in a country. The countries where people tend to have the most children are also the countries where life in general is pretty shitty.

Regarding the second part, that is a very classic whataboutism. I am not from the US, and i was very opposed to the US wars in the last decades. And yet this still is not an argument in any way related to how shitty china treats its minorities.

Edit: Also, the fact that you don't have access to huge parts of the internet should really make you think.

I was limited by my English skills, man , I do have many minority-race friends in China, I don't know "how shitty" could it be. BTW I was living in Germany between 2002-2008, when I had"access to huge parts of the internet", the things I found on the web do make me think, how could they be so blind and deaf.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
May 19 2022 08:49 GMT
#70
On May 19 2022 16:40 fakovski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 13:30 Djabanete wrote:
On May 19 2022 06:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
If you have low self esteem your life is lousy no matter how good the social safety net is.

Perhaps, but neither is self-esteem a substitute for the material necessities that allow for a dignified existence.

Also, the idea that you cannot have healthy self-esteem while benefiting from social programs is absurd.

Here ends my derailment of this thread about China.

On May 19 2022 11:41 fakovski wrote:
Urkrainian, when they naively choose a comedian,they put their fate in others' hands.

Russia's tragic blundering in Ukraine is not the example I would select if I wanted to portray dictatorships as more powerful than democracies.

I meant, if Urkrainians selected a wise leader, they might have avoided the fate of a pawn,

... by becoming the property of Russia?

This train of thought originated with you saying that dictatorships are looking stronger than democracies. Your example of democratic weakness is Ukraine *not* surrendering to a dictator when given the chance. But to me, it’s an example of a dictator’s weakness that he tried to f*** with a former comedian and now is totally alone in the world.
May the BeSt man win.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 08:57 GMT
#71
I made some friends from Germany, US, Poland,,,,,they are quite nice people too, but when facing such unfriendly speeches, I need to defend my country, I know some facts they said could be true because I am not an expert on Chinese Policies, but one have to admit for most things the CCP had done well. She made a really poor country (GDP per capita is $33 in 1949) to the second superpower in the world (GDP per capita $12500 in 2021), and one have to admit that the Chinese are really diligent and smart people, they can not have nuclearweapons/intercontinental missiles/carriers/5generationfighters/megacomputers/spacestation/airliner/moon-landing....almost everything by "stealling tecnologies" under technological blockade in some critical areas.

If I were an european or american, I could also be worried about an unknown superpower challenging the "world order", I totally understand ,but you know, Chinese are not fond of violence, a responsible power with 5000years culture in the East is not a real threat to the planet.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-05-19 09:17:54
May 19 2022 09:10 GMT
#72
On May 19 2022 17:49 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 16:40 fakovski wrote:
On May 19 2022 13:30 Djabanete wrote:
On May 19 2022 06:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
If you have low self esteem your life is lousy no matter how good the social safety net is.

Perhaps, but neither is self-esteem a substitute for the material necessities that allow for a dignified existence.

Also, the idea that you cannot have healthy self-esteem while benefiting from social programs is absurd.

Here ends my derailment of this thread about China.

On May 19 2022 11:41 fakovski wrote:
Urkrainian, when they naively choose a comedian,they put their fate in others' hands.

Russia's tragic blundering in Ukraine is not the example I would select if I wanted to portray dictatorships as more powerful than democracies.

I meant, if Urkrainians selected a wise leader, they might have avoided the fate of a pawn,

... by becoming the property of Russia?

This train of thought originated with you saying that dictatorships are looking stronger than democracies. Your example of democratic weakness is Ukraine *not* surrendering to a dictator when given the chance. But to me, it’s an example of a dictator’s weakness that he tried to f*** with a former comedian and now is totally alone in the world.

no I suggested nothing about surrending, I mean if they have a wise leader who can choose to stop seeking for NATO membership, the war might be avoided. Finnland were not seeking for NATO membership , were they feel unsafe before the war?Russia is now a weak country, do you think they are eager to start a war?maybe they just dont want to someday wake up in the morning and find missile-plants 700kms(kiev) south of Moscow?
edit: If someday China made a millitary organization and called mexico to join in, what will the americans do?
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
May 19 2022 09:20 GMT
#73
On May 19 2022 16:41 Djabanete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 15:20 gobbledydook wrote:
Whereas many Chinese do believe that those human rights allegations are excuses to attack China and the Chinese people, and they don't see why they have to follow the rules set by foreigners and that what China does is none of their business.

Saying that my country’s human rights abuses are nobody else’s business rings as true as saying that the stranger I’ve tied up in my garage is nobody else’s business because it’s my garage. I don’t think anybody’s moral compass accepts that as reasonable.

This is not to say that China is the only country with human rights abuses, but rather that such abuses are by their nature the problem of humanity as a whole.


It is, unfortunately, a very pervasive culture in China to mind your own business. It's very commonly thought that if you get nosy you get in trouble that isn't yours to begin with.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
May 19 2022 09:40 GMT
#74
On May 19 2022 17:14 fakovski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 16:41 Djabanete wrote:
On May 19 2022 15:20 gobbledydook wrote:
Whereas many Chinese do believe that those human rights allegations are excuses to attack China and the Chinese people, and they don't see why they have to follow the rules set by foreigners and that what China does is none of their business.

Saying that my country’s human rights abuses are nobody else’s business rings as true as saying that the stranger I’ve tied up in my garage is nobody else’s business because it’s my garage. I don’t think anybody’s moral compass accepts that as reasonable.

This is not to say that China is the only country with human rights abuses, but rather that such abuses are by their nature the problem of humanity as a whole.


Indians were annihilated, millions african slaves were captured to america, US troops kill civilians everywhere in the name of anti-terrorist, is that bloody killing fanaticism the nature of Anglo-Saxons? the problem of their humanity as a whole?

I stand by what I said. Human rights abuses are fundamentally the concern of all people. It is morally repugnant to pretend they don’t exist when they do exist or to justify them by invoking other human rights abuses done by other people.

“What we do to our ethnic minorities is our own business, and even if it is wrong, it’s not as bad as the genocide of the Native Americans and the enslavement of Africans.” <— Red flag
May the BeSt man win.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 19 2022 09:46 GMT
#75
On May 19 2022 17:24 fakovski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 17:14 Simberto wrote:
On May 19 2022 17:00 fakovski wrote:
On May 19 2022 16:19 pebble444 wrote:
Been following this channel for years now, really shows you what’s going on;

Haven’ t seen anyone mention how the Uighur people have been and are being treated by the goverment authorities in China
https://youtube.com/watch?v=n4rJUtdUqvk


I have no access to youtube without buying or using free VPN, I just don't bother to do that (TL is not blocked byw). I GUESS you are suggesting that Uighurs are suffering in China?Uighur popultion in China increase from 2.2million to 12million in the last 60years, they must be foolish to birth so many where life is hard for them?By the way, americans kill muslim everywhere, but they do care about muslim in China, isn't that ironic.


This has to be the worst argument i have read in a long time.

Just because people are suffering does not mean that they don't birth children. In fact, the opposite seems to be true. The countries fertility rates very strongly negatively correspond with wealth in a country. The countries where people tend to have the most children are also the countries where life in general is pretty shitty.

Regarding the second part, that is a very classic whataboutism. I am not from the US, and i was very opposed to the US wars in the last decades. And yet this still is not an argument in any way related to how shitty china treats its minorities.

Edit: Also, the fact that you don't have access to huge parts of the internet should really make you think.

I was limited by my English skills, man , I do have many minority-race friends in China, I don't know "how shitty" could it be. BTW I was living in Germany between 2002-2008, when I had"access to huge parts of the internet", the things I found on the web do make me think, how could they be so blind and deaf.

I'm curious if you're familiar with "Indian schools" in North America and how you would compare them to what you know about the Uighur facilities?

It seems to me that some people in the West generally believe that regarding the Uighur facilities, like American-Indian boarding schools in North America, what was/is portrayed by the government, media, etc as reasonable assimilation is, for all intents and purposes, genocidal.

I don't have enough reliable information to confidently claim I know where Uighur facilities fall on the "humane assimilation to genocidal" scale (In NA, policies toward Indigenous peoples particularly in the US were and arguably still are genocidal) but I'd appreciate your perspective in that context.

Perhaps something about what your government and mainstream media tell you about Uighur's circumstances in/after those facilities and how that compares to what it is you personally believe it is like for them. I recognize you don't think they are as bad as they are portrayed in Western media and I'm inclined to agree with that. I do wonder though if they are and/or you believe they are exactly as the Chinese government portrays them internationally.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 19 2022 10:00 GMT
#76
On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote:
I made some friends from Germany, US, Poland,,,,,they are quite nice people too, but when facing such unfriendly speeches, I need to defend my country, I know some facts they said could be true because I am not an expert on Chinese Policies, but one have to admit for most things the CCP had done well. She made a really poor country (GDP per capita is $33 in 1949) to the second superpower in the world (GDP per capita $12500 in 2021), and one have to admit that the Chinese are really diligent and smart people, they can not have nuclearweapons/intercontinental missiles/carriers/5generationfighters/megacomputers/spacestation/airliner/moon-landing....almost everything by "stealling tecnologies" under technological blockade in some critical areas.

If I were an european or american, I could also be worried about an unknown superpower challenging the "world order", I totally understand ,but you know, Chinese are not fond of violence, a responsible power with 5000years culture in the East is not a real threat to the planet.

Chinese people are about as smart or stupid as everyone else.

You constantly refer to the past to make your arguments. That does not really work though. Just because China has supposedly been peaceful for 5000 years (which is a completely baseless statement btw.) this does not mean they keep this up. Just because uyghurs reproduced a lot in the last 50 years this does not mean they are not suffering right now.
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 10:20 GMT
#77
On May 19 2022 19:00 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote:
I made some friends from Germany, US, Poland,,,,,they are quite nice people too, but when facing such unfriendly speeches, I need to defend my country, I know some facts they said could be true because I am not an expert on Chinese Policies, but one have to admit for most things the CCP had done well. She made a really poor country (GDP per capita is $33 in 1949) to the second superpower in the world (GDP per capita $12500 in 2021), and one have to admit that the Chinese are really diligent and smart people, they can not have nuclearweapons/intercontinental missiles/carriers/5generationfighters/megacomputers/spacestation/airliner/moon-landing....almost everything by "stealling tecnologies" under technological blockade in some critical areas.

If I were an european or american, I could also be worried about an unknown superpower challenging the "world order", I totally understand ,but you know, Chinese are not fond of violence, a responsible power with 5000years culture in the East is not a real threat to the planet.

Chinese people are about as smart or stupid as everyone else.

You constantly refer to the past to make your arguments. That does not really work though. Just because China has supposedly been peaceful for 5000 years (which is a completely baseless statement btw.) this does not mean they keep this up. Just because uyghurs reproduced a lot in the last 50 years this does not mean they are not suffering right now.

The reason I use uyghurs population is for a flagrant contrast to the population of indians in North America, I said I am over 2000KMs away from xingjiang, that is like talking about what happend in italy while sitting in moscow.......sorry I have no time now, I am off-work for a date, it is 6:20p.m here.
jodljodl
Profile Joined October 2016
182 Posts
May 19 2022 10:54 GMT
#78
On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote:
I made some friends from Germany, US, Poland,,,,,they are quite nice people too, but when facing such unfriendly speeches, I need to defend my country, I know some facts they said could be true because I am not an expert on Chinese Policies, but one have to admit for most things the CCP had done well. She made a really poor country (GDP per capita is $33 in 1949) to the second superpower in the world (GDP per capita $12500 in 2021)


I think the question here is if the end justify the means: When you have a look at the chinese history of the last century you'll find atrocities which the CCP is responsible for or memebers of the CCP. If those atrocities were justified and necessary(!) evils to get China to where it is today nobody can anwser. We will never know if they were necessary because we cannot turn back time and do it differently. Also there's no correct anwser when it comes to questions like ,,is it justifiable''; morals and ethics are relative not absolute terms, depending on the interpretation of each individual.

For example, you have to anwser the following question yourself: Do you believe it was necessary and do you think it was justified that many million chinese were directly or indirectly murdered to get china where it is today by the CCP or not?



On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote: [...] one have to admit that the Chinese are really diligent and smart people, they can not have nuclearweapons/intercontinental missiles/carriers/5generationfighters/megacomputers/spacestation/airliner/moon-landing....almost everything by "stealling tecnologies" under technological blockade in some critical areas.


I don't think anyone questions that there are smart chinese people. Why would you even differentiate by nationality when it comes to intelligence or smartness or w/e?


On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote: If I were an european or american, I could also be worried about an unknown superpower challenging the "world order", I totally understand ,but you know, Chinese are not fond of violence, a responsible power with 5000years culture in the East is not a real threat to the planet.


Try to imaging following scene: You listen to one of the speeches by any of the NSDAP higher-ups sometime between 1933 and 1939. They more or less directly mention they don't really like jews and they plan on taking care of them. Whatever they mean by that.
Later you're talking to some german guy on the internet. You tell him you're kinda worried for the jews in the world bc of things those german political figures with power are stating. Also Germany's economy is growing rapidly and they invest more and more money in their military.
That german guy is kind of confused and anwsers: Why would you be worried about Germany? It's a responsible power with a culture that dates back thousand years or more.

I don't think I have to put that in context for you except for maybe the ,,don't really like jew part''. It's no secret that the CCP condemns ,,western'' values like freedom of speech/press or universal values of human rights; also democracy itself. Xi jinping actually stated these things are among the 7 biggest dangers to china itself. (I'm refering to the so called document 9 that was leaked sometime in 2012 i believe.) Also he swore to fight for communism after he was elected as CCP leader.

So, I hope you understand why i don't think your argument is reassuring when it comes to whether or not China is a global threat or not.


Finally i want to mention that when i'm talking about China i'm talking about its government not it's people.


Kim Doh Woo
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
May 19 2022 13:52 GMT
#79
On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote:
I made some friends from Germany, US, Poland,,,,,they are quite nice people too, but when facing such unfriendly speeches, I need to defend my country, I know some facts they said could be true because I am not an expert on Chinese Policies, but one have to admit for most things the CCP had done well. She made a really poor country (GDP per capita is $33 in 1949) to the second superpower in the world (GDP per capita $12500 in 2021), and one have to admit that the Chinese are really diligent and smart people, they can not have nuclearweapons/intercontinental missiles/carriers/5generationfighters/megacomputers/spacestation/airliner/moon-landing....almost everything by "stealling tecnologies" under technological blockade in some critical areas.

If I were an european or american, I could also be worried about an unknown superpower challenging the "world order", I totally understand ,but you know, Chinese are not fond of violence, a responsible power with 5000years culture in the East is not a real threat to the planet.

People don't admit that the Chinese are smart and diligent people. First smartness is proven not to exist and is a function of educating the right minds, something china lags behind almost the entire world in it's workforce, and secondly we know about the culture of cheating and sloth in responsibility in China. It's a culture everywhere and having empty cities filed with concrete coffin apartments doesn't inspire much for people.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel to have a wheel. All those things aren't new inventive or bespoke achievements. Most are tech transfers from Russia on the military side and are reverse engineered from all the things made in china over the years on the civilian side. Half of those things china has to claim that it's decades at best behind the west despite having examples of it everywhere to follow.

I will admit that it's going to be nice to be in a new cold war with a nation that isn't going to war with us and isn't interested in it. China is admirable that they'd prefer the long game over everything.

On an aside though what are they saying about the lockdowns in the major cities and the covid spreading in nk? I don't really trust much of what comes out of China to us but they have to tell their own people the truth about what's going on right?
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
fakovski
Profile Joined May 2022
China50 Posts
May 19 2022 15:45 GMT
#80
On May 19 2022 19:54 jodljodl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2022 17:57 fakovski wrote:


Try to imaging following scene: You listen to one of the speeches by any of the NSDAP higher-ups sometime between 1933 and 1939. They more or less directly mention they don't really like jews and they plan on taking care of them. Whatever they mean by that.
Later you're talking to some german guy on the internet. You tell him you're kinda worried for the jews in the world bc of things those german political figures with power are stating. Also Germany's economy is growing rapidly and they invest more and more money in their military.
That german guy is kind of confused and anwsers: Why would you be worried about Germany? It's a responsible power with a culture that dates back thousand years or more.

I don't think I have to put that in context for you except for maybe the ,,don't really like jew part''. It's no secret that the CCP condemns ,,western'' values like freedom of speech/press or universal values of human rights; also democracy itself. Xi jinping actually stated these things are among the 7 biggest dangers to china itself. (I'm refering to the so called document 9 that was leaked sometime in 2012 i believe.) Also he swore to fight for communism after he was elected as CCP leader.





Now I understand your logic, your logic is perfect and invincible IF XI is a potential Hitler!

When I was abroad I was given leaflets of so-called "secret documents of CCP", 20 years later I still can remember a wide-spread article called"the 9 sins of CCP", but do you know that it was on some Taiwan-sponsored papers.
Xi was born in a communist family, so its natural for him to fight for communism, so what's the wrong with his oath? He is fighting for communism doesn't mean he will bring people to a new revolution.

China has 80million CCP members, I am NOT one of them, most ppl are not actually interested in politics today and those who want to join the party are merely seeking for some convenience , party members get a slight bigger chance to promote in govermental jobs(for high rank jobs, membership is more useful but not a must).

And for the "It's no secret that the CCP condemns ,,western'' values like freedom of speech/press or universal values of human rights" thing, I don't know how do you come this far, in your description CCP sounds quite evil. I don't deny that in the 1960-70s the "culture revolution" caused great starvation and millions death. It was a total tragic and the biggest mistake of MAO, but the CCP learned from her faults and start an openling policy shortly after. China today is more like a capitalism society, IF the CCP is still what she is in the 1950s, your worring sounds more reasonable .

Things have changed, so should be the minds of people.

btw I seem to be the only chinese in this topic, I don't have so much energy and interest to debate with everyone, especially when these debates are endless and usually makeno changes in real world.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem356
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 356
IndyStarCraft 159
Railgan 67
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57669
Shuttle 3250
Horang2 461
BeSt 439
Larva 344
ggaemo 233
Soma 190
Mind 144
Last 91
Sexy 90
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 88
Zeus 83
hero 75
Sea.KH 54
Killer 49
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 36
Aegong 33
Bale 28
PianO 24
NaDa 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva3268
Dendi1551
420jenkins366
Fuzer 133
Counter-Strike
fl0m3523
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1282
Liquid`Hasu1099
Grubby400
MindelVK18
Other Games
singsing1762
FrodaN1361
B2W.Neo993
byalli963
Beastyqt734
Mlord501
ArmadaUGS196
Hui .175
KnowMe131
QueenE88
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 29
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick914
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4168
League of Legends
• Nemesis3054
Other Games
• Shiphtur223
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 45m
Replay Cast
6h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 45m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 45m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.