• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:56
CEST 18:56
KST 01:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9841 users

Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine - Page 431

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 429 430 431 432 433 547 Next
NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-06-17 21:32:58
June 17 2025 21:32 GMT
#8601
On June 18 2025 06:11 Mohdoo wrote:
I think Nebuchad is firmly convinced Israel plans to conquer all Muslim nations, including SA, Egypt, etc

I think its just something to accept and move on. I've tried to dig a little deeper and it doesn't go anywhere. Him genuinely thinking that makes everything else he thinks a lot more reasonable. I often thing the assumptions are more important than the conclusions and his disagreements with me are a good example of that. Since we disagree on the fundamental assumptions, can't agree on conclusions. In his eyes, all the peace with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey are temporary until Israel has the opportunity to conquer them.


Yeah sorry about that Mohdoo I kind of lost any interest in digging deeper on any topic with you, it happened more or less during the period where you decided to spend a decent amount of your time arguing that ethnic cleansing was the best outcome for Palestine.
No will to live, no wish to die
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
June 17 2025 21:38 GMT
#8602
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2473 Posts
June 17 2025 21:38 GMT
#8603
On June 18 2025 06:12 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 05:58 Billyboy wrote:
On June 18 2025 05:17 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 18 2025 04:57 ETisME wrote:
On June 18 2025 02:14 Nebuchad wrote:
I would say something about how "Don't worry all the other wars in the Middle East failed but this time you're going to win" but I'm increasingly convinced that it's not even that people think it's going to win this time it's just that they don't have object permanence and they don't even remember the others failing.

Worth discussing (maybe?):

https://x.com/anewpolicyorg/status/1934663186395091181

You could say the same for diplomacy. attempted to stop Iran having exceedingly high quality level of uranium enrichment for civilian energy use for years and obviously failed.
You still gotta try both diplomacy and take action. And stronger action if needed, even if the consequences are unknown.


I was talking specifically at the level of our expression on this forum, at the level of taking these decisions the goal is to kill a bunch of muslims so obviously war is a very successful way of doing this.

What makes you think that is the goal compared to the stated goal of destroying Iran's nuclear capability forever and the side quest of regime change?


Mainly having a good understanding of Netanyahu and what drives him (and other fascists in general). In terms of concrete indications pointing me in that direction, I for example remember that Israel has been saying that Iran is a few minutes away from a nuclear weapon probably like once a year in the last 30 years, so it seems to me that the idea that even though US intelligence doesn't think this is true this time either, this time they're nailing it, is silly. I also happen to remember how exactly the same things, from nuclear weapons to being greeted as liberators, were said 20 years ago to justify the last war in the region, by more or less the same people from neocons to Glenn Beck to Netanyahu, and that time they were lying. Please note that they weren't just wrong, incorrect, as that would create some other conclusions; they weren't incorrect, they were lying, on purpose, and now they're using the same arguments to justify the same things. It would be much more logical, in those circumstances, if they were lying again.

The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.
On June 18 2025 06:11 Mohdoo wrote:
I think Nebuchad is firmly convinced Israel plans to conquer all Muslim nations, including SA, Egypt, etc

I think its just something to accept and move on. I've tried to dig a little deeper and it doesn't go anywhere. Him genuinely thinking that makes everything else he thinks a lot more reasonable. I often thing the assumptions are more important than the conclusions and his disagreements with me are a good example of that. Since we disagree on the fundamental assumptions, can't agree on conclusions. In his eyes, all the peace with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey are temporary until Israel has the opportunity to conquer them.

I think you're right, I just don't really understand his logic. In other topics it does not seem to be this conspiratorial.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 17 2025 21:48 GMT
#8604
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.
No will to live, no wish to die
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 17 2025 21:55 GMT
#8605
Looks like Israel has made their selection:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/5355513-iran-reza-pahlavi-rebel-khamenei/

Reza Pahlavi, the exiled crown prince of Iran and son of the last Persian Shah, urged Iranians on Tuesday to prepare for the impending fall of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and the Islamic Republic as the country struggles to fight off attacks from Israel.

“The Islamic Republic has reached its end and is in the process of collapsing,” Pahlavi wrote on the social platform X. “Khamenei, like a frightened rat, has gone into hiding underground and has lost control of the situation.”

“What has begun is irreversible. The future is bright, and together, we will pass through this sharp turn in history,” he added.

The military conflict between Iran and Israel stretched into its fifth day Tuesday, with little signs of slowing as Israel hammers its Middle East rival over Tehran’s nuclear pursuits.

President Trump departed the Group of Seven summit of world leaders in Canada late Monday — a day earlier than expected to return to Washington to monitor the ongoing conflict. He met with top security officials in Situation Room on Tuesday to assess the developments.

He has not ruled out the possibility of U.S. military involvement.

The Pahlavi dynasty ruled Iran from 1925 to 1979, when it was overthrown in the Islamic Revolution.

Pahlavi, penning his social media posts in English and Farsi, directed the message to his “fellow countrymen” and encouraged an uprising.

“Now is the time to rise; the time to reclaim Iran,” he wrote. “Let us all come forward … and bring about the end of this regime.”

Pahlavi advised that there is a plan to establish a democratic government in Iran within 100 days of the collapse of the Islamic Republic.

He also urged “military, law enforcement, security forces and state employees” to join the effort to topple the government under Khamenei.

“Do not stand against the Iranian people for the sake of a regime whose fall has begun and is inevitable,” Pahlavi wrote. “Do not sacrifice yourselves for a decaying regime.”

“By standing with the people, you can save your lives. Play a historic role in the transition from the Islamic Republic, and take part in building the future of Iran,” he added.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
June 17 2025 21:56 GMT
#8606
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 17 2025 22:01 GMT
#8607
On June 18 2025 06:56 Jockmcplop wrote:
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.


What are you reading? Based on the G7 statement and Germany's statement, we ought to assume these folks are assuming Khameini is committed enough to do something pretty wild.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
June 17 2025 22:06 GMT
#8608
On June 18 2025 07:01 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:56 Jockmcplop wrote:
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.


What are you reading? Based on the G7 statement and Germany's statement, we ought to assume these folks are assuming Khameini is committed enough to do something pretty wild.

I have some friends who could be described 'pro Iran extremists' when they get on the internet.
They're all excited because they are all talking about something huge being about to go down.

I genuinely think its nonsense but I'm just posting it here anyway.

Even if its true according to higher ups in Iran, I get the feeling they drastically overestimate their ability to do anything effective with Israel and the US on the other side.
RIP Meatloaf <3
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
June 17 2025 22:08 GMT
#8609
On June 18 2025 06:48 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.

That’s frequently true but it’s not axiomatic. It often, but doesn’t always follow.

Regardless, I highly doubt the actualisation of the average Iranian is on the Israeli radar, although I imagine they’d prosper under a different regime
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 17 2025 22:18 GMT
#8610
On June 18 2025 07:08 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:48 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.

That’s frequently true but it’s not axiomatic. It often, but doesn’t always follow.


All the conditions for it to follow are there, to a T, including the fact that any kind of "democracy" that could replace the current regime would obviously be a fake democracy in which only candidates that have the approval of Israel and the US are allowed. But if we're looking at the post from Mohdoo about the descendant of the Shah's statements, they might even skip the fake democracy part.
No will to live, no wish to die
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 17 2025 22:27 GMT
#8611
On June 18 2025 07:06 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 07:01 Mohdoo wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:56 Jockmcplop wrote:
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.


What are you reading? Based on the G7 statement and Germany's statement, we ought to assume these folks are assuming Khameini is committed enough to do something pretty wild.

I have some friends who could be described 'pro Iran extremists' when they get on the internet.
They're all excited because they are all talking about something huge being about to go down.

I genuinely think its nonsense but I'm just posting it here anyway.

Even if its true according to higher ups in Iran, I get the feeling they drastically overestimate their ability to do anything effective with Israel and the US on the other side.


Ah, I found it. Very sad situation by the sounds of it.

Iranian State TV has said:
"Tonight, a great surprise will occur, one that the world will remember for centuries."


So it sounds like Khameini is indeed deciding to ruin everyone else's day rather than just surrendering.

Note: Whatever he's got cooking means he knows they lost and he just wants to shit things up best he can on his way out. This is strictly a bad thing for the Iranian people. I hope nothing happens. But if something does happen, it conclusively proves removing Khameini was the right move regardless of who it was that did it.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-06-17 22:40:19
June 17 2025 22:38 GMT
#8612
On June 18 2025 06:12 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 05:58 Billyboy wrote:
On June 18 2025 05:17 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 18 2025 04:57 ETisME wrote:
On June 18 2025 02:14 Nebuchad wrote:
I would say something about how "Don't worry all the other wars in the Middle East failed but this time you're going to win" but I'm increasingly convinced that it's not even that people think it's going to win this time it's just that they don't have object permanence and they don't even remember the others failing.

Worth discussing (maybe?):

https://x.com/anewpolicyorg/status/1934663186395091181

You could say the same for diplomacy. attempted to stop Iran having exceedingly high quality level of uranium enrichment for civilian energy use for years and obviously failed.
You still gotta try both diplomacy and take action. And stronger action if needed, even if the consequences are unknown.


I was talking specifically at the level of our expression on this forum, at the level of taking these decisions the goal is to kill a bunch of muslims so obviously war is a very successful way of doing this.

What makes you think that is the goal compared to the stated goal of destroying Iran's nuclear capability forever and the side quest of regime change?


Mainly having a good understanding of Netanyahu and what drives him (and other fascists in general). In terms of concrete indications pointing me in that direction, I for example remember that Israel has been saying that Iran is a few minutes away from a nuclear weapon probably like once a year in the last 30 years, so it seems to me that the idea that even though US intelligence doesn't think this is true this time either, this time they're nailing it, is silly. I also happen to remember how exactly the same things, from nuclear weapons to being greeted as liberators, were said 20 years ago to justify the last war in the region, by more or less the same people from neocons to Glenn Beck to Netanyahu, and that time they were lying. Please note that they weren't just wrong, incorrect, as that would create some other conclusions; they weren't incorrect, they were lying, on purpose, and now they're using the same arguments to justify the same things. It would be much more logical, in those circumstances, if they were lying again.

Doesn't take a genius to know Iran with their uranium enrichment beyond civilian energy required level, is an open book about what their intention is.
20 years of progress is 20 years of progress. Infrastructure and technology etc.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-06-17 22:41:29
June 17 2025 22:38 GMT
#8613
On June 18 2025 06:56 Jockmcplop wrote:
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.


I just hope I get to see Ado in concert in Amsterdam on saturday, after that I can die I don't really care
No will to live, no wish to die
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
June 17 2025 22:43 GMT
#8614
On June 18 2025 07:27 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 07:06 Jockmcplop wrote:
On June 18 2025 07:01 Mohdoo wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:56 Jockmcplop wrote:
Reading about some very insane threats coming from Iran right now.
Might be BS cos its from random twitter accounts.
"tonight will be remembered for centuries" was one of them.
Its probably just hot air tbh.


What are you reading? Based on the G7 statement and Germany's statement, we ought to assume these folks are assuming Khameini is committed enough to do something pretty wild.

I have some friends who could be described 'pro Iran extremists' when they get on the internet.
They're all excited because they are all talking about something huge being about to go down.

I genuinely think its nonsense but I'm just posting it here anyway.

Even if its true according to higher ups in Iran, I get the feeling they drastically overestimate their ability to do anything effective with Israel and the US on the other side.


Ah, I found it. Very sad situation by the sounds of it.

Iranian State TV has said:
Show nested quote +
"Tonight, a great surprise will occur, one that the world will remember for centuries."


So it sounds like Khameini is indeed deciding to ruin everyone else's day rather than just surrendering.

Note: Whatever he's got cooking means he knows they lost and he just wants to shit things up best he can on his way out. This is strictly a bad thing for the Iranian people. I hope nothing happens. But if something does happen, it conclusively proves removing Khameini was the right move regardless of who it was that did it.


Agreed on all counts tbh.
I'm not sure they are physically able to surprise people at this point, but obviously they have changed (having been given quite a push) from bring a state of evil self interest to an end of the world cult.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
June 17 2025 22:45 GMT
#8615
Everything I am reading indicates Iran launched a bit of a nothing burger set of missiles. But I can't imagine Iran would talk so big and then do nothing. I am concerned some of those missiles are dirty bombs or something. Perhaps a few waves to prod for openings, and then the grand finale at the end? god damn this situation just sucks all around.
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2473 Posts
June 17 2025 22:46 GMT
#8616
On June 18 2025 06:48 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.

I thought it was easy enough to make the connection but here you go. The NK part was to show that just because people have been saying they are close for a long time does not mean that they are wrong now. The UN watchdog said something along the lines of a do not think they were days a way but also not years, hard to give an exact time frame. I have no idea how close they were (and you have no idea either) but they were trying to get one and that Israel thought this was the best time is realistic. It doesn't mean they would have it tomorrow, it means that they had the had intelligence in place to do what they have done.

The rest was about why I think your theory that they are just out to kill some Muslims makes no sense.

I also think you probably understood that was what I meant.
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2473 Posts
June 17 2025 22:49 GMT
#8617
On June 18 2025 07:45 Mohdoo wrote:
Everything I am reading indicates Iran launched a bit of a nothing burger set of missiles. But I can't imagine Iran would talk so big and then do nothing. I am concerned some of those missiles are dirty bombs or something. Perhaps a few waves to prod for openings, and then the grand finale at the end? god damn this situation just sucks all around.

I think they are saying it to project power to their own people as they try to hang onto rule. They have been basically repeating what Israel is saying (evacuate your main cities, were going after your air fields, your news stations will be destroyed) just without any of the results for days. I'm not sure they have much capability to do that much with how many launchers have been destroyed and with Israel having complete air superiority and satellite coverage. It appears like almost every time they launch a missile that launcher gets hit and they can no longer launch in the volume it takes to overwhelm the Israeli air defenses.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
June 17 2025 22:53 GMT
#8618
On June 18 2025 07:49 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 07:45 Mohdoo wrote:
Everything I am reading indicates Iran launched a bit of a nothing burger set of missiles. But I can't imagine Iran would talk so big and then do nothing. I am concerned some of those missiles are dirty bombs or something. Perhaps a few waves to prod for openings, and then the grand finale at the end? god damn this situation just sucks all around.

I think they are saying it to project power to their own people as they try to hang onto rule. They have been basically repeating what Israel is saying (evacuate your main cities, were going after your air fields, your news stations will be destroyed) just without any of the results for days. I'm not sure they have much capability to do that much with how many launchers have been destroyed and with Israel having complete air superiority and satellite coverage. It appears like almost every time they launch a missile that launcher gets hit and they can no longer launch in the volume it takes to overwhelm the Israeli air defenses.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't put it past them to try some kind of hail mary crazy attack, but I also think it would likely be intercepted.

I'm extremely worried about regime change on Israel's terms.
I think long term it will just cause the exact same problems of the last 80 years in Iran.

Having said that, its true that the current lot in charge of Iran need to go. Now.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
June 17 2025 22:53 GMT
#8619
On June 18 2025 07:46 Billyboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 06:48 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.

I thought it was easy enough to make the connection but here you go. The NK part was to show that just because people have been saying they are close for a long time does not mean that they are wrong now. The UN watchdog said something along the lines of a do not think they were days a way but also not years, hard to give an exact time frame. I have no idea how close they were (and you have no idea either) but they were trying to get one and that Israel thought this was the best time is realistic. It doesn't mean they would have it tomorrow, it means that they had the had intelligence in place to do what they have done.

The rest was about why I think your theory that they are just out to kill some Muslims makes no sense.

I also think you probably understood that was what I meant.


Israel didn't think it was the best time, they thought the best time was 30 years ago, then 29 years ago, then 28 years ago, then 27 years ago, then 26 years ago, then 25 years ago, and so on. I am having a hard time understanding how you don't see how that could possibly be relevant.

There is no connexion between what you perceive the views of the average Israeli to be and the reason why the Netanyahu government is doing what it's doing. You can use a very simple metric to check this: notice how a bunch of things are happening under Trump in the US, and those things are... all of them? 95% of them? unpopular, and yet they're happening anyway.
No will to live, no wish to die
Billyboy
Profile Joined September 2024
2473 Posts
June 17 2025 23:08 GMT
#8620
On June 18 2025 07:53 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 07:49 Billyboy wrote:
On June 18 2025 07:45 Mohdoo wrote:
Everything I am reading indicates Iran launched a bit of a nothing burger set of missiles. But I can't imagine Iran would talk so big and then do nothing. I am concerned some of those missiles are dirty bombs or something. Perhaps a few waves to prod for openings, and then the grand finale at the end? god damn this situation just sucks all around.

I think they are saying it to project power to their own people as they try to hang onto rule. They have been basically repeating what Israel is saying (evacuate your main cities, were going after your air fields, your news stations will be destroyed) just without any of the results for days. I'm not sure they have much capability to do that much with how many launchers have been destroyed and with Israel having complete air superiority and satellite coverage. It appears like almost every time they launch a missile that launcher gets hit and they can no longer launch in the volume it takes to overwhelm the Israeli air defenses.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't put it past them to try some kind of hail mary crazy attack, but I also think it would likely be intercepted.

I'm extremely worried about regime change on Israel's terms.
I think long term it will just cause the exact same problems of the last 80 years in Iran.

Having said that, its true that the current lot in charge of Iran need to go. Now.

Yeah, having the last successful regime change being the end of ww2 is pretty scary. Having Iran and Syria both getting "fresh" starts is a glimmer of hope. The whole region outside of Iran seems to be trying to move forward. I have no idea what percentage I'd put the likelihood of success at, but the bar is pretty low in Iran for it to get better.

On June 18 2025 07:53 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2025 07:46 Billyboy wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:48 Nebuchad wrote:
On June 18 2025 06:38 Billyboy wrote:
The same thing was said about North Korea as well, and it was not true until it was. I think that the vast majority of the 16 million Jews, even the 12 or so million Zionists just want to live in peace. Most of the rest are of the understanding that 16 millions vs 2 billion goes poorly. But I'm sure some have fantasies of 10 generations from now taking down the Muslims, or God himself doing it during the apocalypse.

And in this one I don't think Netanyahu is dumb. He is about himself and taking out Israel's greatest enemy might be the only thing to keep him out of jail and even in power.


There is no connexion between your answer and what I said, so it is unclear to me why you posted any of this.

On June 18 2025 06:38 WombaT wrote:
Maybe they are lying, who knows? I just don’t really agree with conflating the ‘Coalition of the Willing’ and Iraq, to this current scenario between Israel and Iran.

Iraq offered fuck all threat to those that attacked it, considerably less so with this one.

Iran is consistently, openly hostile. And it will have nukes, the question is merely when, not if, assuming no outside intervention.

Other nations in the region have somewhat normalised and formed some kind of standard relationship with Israel, even if it’s not always a warm one. Iran? Nah. Not really their thing.

I think Netanyahu is right for once. Albeit for completely the wrong reasons, and for no altruistic reason whatsoever.

Either Iran is irreparably fucked for a generation or two and the state and its behaviour is accurately reflective of its populace. Or it isn’t and regime change might be beneficial. A test I might add I think Israel also could do with passing.

As with tankie rhetoric on the Ukrainian conflict I personally jump off the ‘leftist’ train when it ends up at the ‘Israel can’t do anything about Iran’ station. Although I still reserve plenty of judgement when it comes to specifically what Israel chooses to do.


The populace of Iran isn't in a fixed state. When people are under threat, they lean more toward authoritarianism than they would otherwise. You can observe that in Europe where we are under no threat at all but just presenting immigrants as dangerous and ready to great replace us is leading a bunch of our populations to vote for far right freaks. They're not going to be fucked because their government is reflective of the populace, they're going to be fucked because that's how these things tend to go.

But hey, to be honest we could do with a wave of iranian immigration so that our far rights get elected quicker, it's not like we're doing anything with the time we have.

I thought it was easy enough to make the connection but here you go. The NK part was to show that just because people have been saying they are close for a long time does not mean that they are wrong now. The UN watchdog said something along the lines of a do not think they were days a way but also not years, hard to give an exact time frame. I have no idea how close they were (and you have no idea either) but they were trying to get one and that Israel thought this was the best time is realistic. It doesn't mean they would have it tomorrow, it means that they had the had intelligence in place to do what they have done.

The rest was about why I think your theory that they are just out to kill some Muslims makes no sense.

I also think you probably understood that was what I meant.


Israel didn't think it was the best time, they thought the best time was 30 years ago, then 29 years ago, then 28 years ago, then 27 years ago, then 26 years ago, then 25 years ago, and so on. I am having a hard time understanding how you don't see how that could possibly be relevant.

There is no connexion between what you perceive the views of the average Israeli to be and the reason why the Netanyahu government is doing what it's doing. You can use a very simple metric to check this: notice how a bunch of things are happening under Trump in the US, and those things are... all of them? 95% of them? unpopular, and yet they're happening anyway.


It is relevant, the same as it was that SK thought the best time was 30 years ago, then 29, then 28, the 27, the 26, then 25. But also eventually they were right and it is not something you can wind back. I don't understand why you think that is not relevant.

Of course what the Israeli's think matters, Israel is a democracy. It does not mean they can stop it today, but Netanyahu is intelligent and self interested, he wants to remain in power and more importantly out of jail. things happening in the US are popular with like 40% of the population or whatever, Trumps numbers have barely dropped. Tons of people love what he is doing with immigration, his base is largely unchanged. Could him going back on his no war talk matter? Maybe, but going back on the 1000 other things has not. I have no idea where you are getting the 95% number from? Like some single issue that is low on Americans priorities or what?

Prev 1 429 430 431 432 433 547 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 187
ProTech149
UpATreeSC 121
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3718
Bisu 1817
Soulkey 1222
EffOrt 750
Mini 552
Larva 345
ZerO 262
Horang2 249
actioN 167
ggaemo 158
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 132
Mind 79
hero 76
Sharp 71
Shinee 55
Sea.KH 55
sorry 52
Snow 42
Hyun 40
Barracks 37
Bale 32
Trap 31
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5741
Dendi1279
XaKoH 434
420jenkins342
League of Legends
Reynor62
Counter-Strike
fl0m3543
x6flipin1710
pashabiceps740
Fnx 679
edward31
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes389
Liquid`Hasu155
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1474
hiko844
FrodaN657
XBOCT241
Livibee187
TKL 105
QueenE95
C9.Mang082
Mew2King40
Grubby39
ZerO(Twitch)24
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV699
League of Legends
• Nemesis3816
• TFBlade699
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 5m
Patches Events
23h 5m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.