• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:01
CEST 10:01
KST 17:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8418 users

South American Politics thread - Page 40

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 66 Next
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 05 2019 15:55 GMT
#781
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
September 05 2019 16:40 GMT
#782
On September 06 2019 00:55 JimmiC wrote:
Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/former-first-lady-of-honduras-sentenced-to-58-years-in-jail/ar-AAGQ24g?li=AAggNb9


Do you have any familiarity with the corruption post coup (or whatever you want to call it) in Honduras or are you just operating under the presumption that the court isn't corrupted?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 05 2019 19:10 GMT
#783
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 00:32:34
September 05 2019 19:43 GMT
#784
On September 06 2019 04:10 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2019 01:40 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 00:55 JimmiC wrote:
Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/former-first-lady-of-honduras-sentenced-to-58-years-in-jail/ar-AAGQ24g?li=AAggNb9


Do you have any familiarity with the corruption post coup (or whatever you want to call it) in Honduras or are you just operating under the presumption that the court isn't corrupted?

I posted an article that is it. I even wrote the word perhaps to try to appease you and stop you from going on one of your rants.


I'm guessing that's a "no, I have no idea" (just so we're clear on what work "perhaps" is doing there), carry on.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 01:25:16
September 06 2019 01:13 GMT
#785
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 01:50:00
September 06 2019 01:46 GMT
#786
On September 06 2019 10:13 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2019 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 04:10 JimmiC wrote:
On September 06 2019 01:40 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 00:55 JimmiC wrote:
Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/former-first-lady-of-honduras-sentenced-to-58-years-in-jail/ar-AAGQ24g?li=AAggNb9


Do you have any familiarity with the corruption post coup (or whatever you want to call it) in Honduras or are you just operating under the presumption that the court isn't corrupted?

I posted an article that is it. I even wrote the word perhaps to try to appease you and stop you from going on one of your rants.


I'm guessing that's a "no, I have no idea" (just so we're clear on what work "perhaps" is doing there), carry on.

Its a I'm sick of you being an asshole so I tried to leave it open ended so I didn't have to get in some long argument with you where you talk down to me but it is clear you have very little understanding about whats going on, for example not understanding what I meant with current FARC compared to old FARC. I mean posted just an article and you attacked me, P6 was right you are relentless.

Chances of you actually knowing anything about Honduras in my book is about 0%, chances of you making assumptions that the right is some how conspiring to get people who claim they are left, regardless of their actual politics about 100%. So it is really uninformative because you have no credibility, you just believe what you believe and anything that you read that is against it is right wing propaganda. You will even ignore parts of articles and believe other parts.

Sometimes I find it amusing but right now I don't have the time or interest to get into it.

Does that answer your question well enough?



Still sounds like you have no idea and simply posted a random news story from central america with no real summary or comprehension of the dynamics at play. You don't know if the court is a corrupt tool of the military or the congress or whether the charges are legitimate or she's the patsy for others or whatever.

Simply took a story about someone getting sentenced and said "Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America" which is meaningless and tells me virtually nothing about the article you linked.

So you don't know if this court is like what you perceive Maduro's court to be (corrupt and their verdicts illegitimate) or righteous and capable of handing out justice.

So when you say " "Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America" and link a random story about the fmr. first lady of a Central American Country I just think people should be clear you're clueless about it and the context.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 06 2019 01:53 GMT
#787
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
September 06 2019 02:22 GMT
#788
On September 06 2019 10:53 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2019 10:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 10:13 JimmiC wrote:
On September 06 2019 04:43 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 04:10 JimmiC wrote:
On September 06 2019 01:40 GreenHorizons wrote:
On September 06 2019 00:55 JimmiC wrote:
Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/former-first-lady-of-honduras-sentenced-to-58-years-in-jail/ar-AAGQ24g?li=AAggNb9


Do you have any familiarity with the corruption post coup (or whatever you want to call it) in Honduras or are you just operating under the presumption that the court isn't corrupted?

I posted an article that is it. I even wrote the word perhaps to try to appease you and stop you from going on one of your rants.


I'm guessing that's a "no, I have no idea" (just so we're clear on what work "perhaps" is doing there), carry on.

Its a I'm sick of you being an asshole so I tried to leave it open ended so I didn't have to get in some long argument with you where you talk down to me but it is clear you have very little understanding about whats going on, for example not understanding what I meant with current FARC compared to old FARC. I mean posted just an article and you attacked me, P6 was right you are relentless.

Chances of you actually knowing anything about Honduras in my book is about 0%, chances of you making assumptions that the right is some how conspiring to get people who claim they are left, regardless of their actual politics about 100%. So it is really uninformative because you have no credibility, you just believe what you believe and anything that you read that is against it is right wing propaganda. You will even ignore parts of articles and believe other parts.

Sometimes I find it amusing but right now I don't have the time or interest to get into it.

Does that answer your question well enough?



Still sounds like you have no idea and simply posted a random news story from central america with no real summary or comprehension of the dynamics at play. You don't know if the court is a corrupt tool of the military or the congress or whether the charges are legitimate or she's the patsy for others or whatever.

Simply took a story about someone getting sentenced and said "Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America" which is meaningless and tells me virtually nothing about the article you linked.

So you don't know if this court is like what you perceive Maduro's court to be (corrupt and their verdicts illegitimate) or righteous and capable of handing out justice.

So when you say " "Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America" and link a random story about the first lady of a Central American Country I just think people should be clear you're clueless about it and the context.

I posted a story I found interesting. I didn't post a long summary for two reasons.

Reason 1. I thought you would attack me for the summary as if the summary was my position and not a summary. The reason I believe is this, is you do it all the time. The proof is this conversation now where you are attacking based on your assumptions of me and my thoughts on the story. You treat your assumptions like fact and probably don't even understand that they are not fact.

Reason 2. It is not a rule of this thread to do so.

So if you wouldn't mind please stop attacking me over your assumptions, I can assure you that they are not accurate. Because if you end up getting banned for continuing to harass me it is going to be very hard to play the "poor me victim" card like you always do when I'm not playing along. Those who have not seen through it yet will almost have too. I'd rather you didn't get banned, and more than that I hate getting pulled into your drama, even when I'm not involved.


Harass you , lol? Alright bro.

I'm pretty sure the link posting for something like that applies to all political threads (why wouldn't it?). I guess I'll take it to feedback if I want to see an official position made though.

Otherwise the question was whether you had any familiarity or not so as to demonstrate whether you had any idea what you were posting or you were simply posting a random story (without any context, relevancy or explanation of what the story said) about a former Central American first lady.

Why? Let's say someone wanted to know about corruption in Honduras/Central/South America and the relationship of it to this story, since you posted the story, people might mistake you for having some familiarity with the situation in Honduras. I think it's in the interest of quality discourse to make it clear that you don't, or if you did (which you don't seem to) to have you share it so we can all become more familiar with at least your observations and what this means nationally for Honduras, for the region, or for implicated parties beyond the first lady.

Blood from a stone though.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 06 2019 02:25 GMT
#789
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
September 06 2019 02:34 GMT
#790
On September 06 2019 11:25 JimmiC wrote:
Dude you are literally arguing with yourself. I purposely have not said an opinion on the article. So there is no way you can know my opinion on it, yet you are arguing with it. Which means you are arguing with your own assumptions and insulting me about it. Do you not see how crazy and rude that is? You are insulting me and mad at me for something YOU THINK I think, not something I do think, or something I said. ASSUMPTIONS ARE NOT FACTS, stop treating them like it.


I'm not arguing about your opinion on it, I'm merely pointing out that you gave no information as to the context, relevance, or content of the story so I inquired as to whether you had it. Then I explained why your seeming lack of it is important to proper discourse with the point about if someone were to presume you did, since you posted the story.

I'm not insulting you. Insults are things like "Do you not see how crazy... that is" It's both a personal insult and ableism.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 06 2019 03:01 GMT
#791
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 03:15:14
September 06 2019 03:06 GMT
#792
On September 06 2019 12:01 JimmiC wrote:
You seem to not understand that a summary is a summary. It is not a interrogation of it or a endorsement of it. Some could say that they agree with an article, some could say that they didnt and why, other times you can just post it a nd summarize it. This is one of those times when I did that, and it is ok that I did.

And yes you did insult me by assuming what you did and continue too. And yes I was mean back. The difference is I am aware I was to you, are you really not aware you attacked me?


I'm arguing that "Perhaps more corruption being punished in South America," is not a summary. It's empty and tells us practically nothing about the context, relevance or content of the article. It's not even about a country in South America for example.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 06 2019 03:33 GMT
#793
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 03:54:50
September 06 2019 03:51 GMT
#794
On September 06 2019 12:33 JimmiC wrote:
At this point I genuinely cant tell if you are desperately trying to bait me into sharing my opinion on the article bso you can argue it no matter what it is, or if you honestly dont understand that I have on purpose not given you a opinion because of how you respond and continue to respond to me over and over and seek me out.

Either way it is quite sad and I would appreciate it if you stopped.


The most simple way I can explain it is it's like posting an article about Laura Bush getting sentenced for misappropriating funds with the 'summary' "Perhaps more corruption is being punished in Central America".

Just so you know what I'm talking about. The short and simple summary you would go with to avoid the particular criticism you're focused on would be (though an accompanying short excerpt, like for what crime specifically was she sentenced, is my preference generally) :

Former first lady of Honduras sentenced to 58 years in jail


Instead of
Perhaps more corruption is being punished in South America
Then instead of what you've been doing one would answer my original question with "No, I'm not" or "somewhat, I thought this was interesting/relevant because" or "Yes, what would you like to know?" or some variation of those.

I explained why I think what you chose instead is not conducive to informative discourse and since further explanations or clarifications seem to only be bothering you more, I'll stop.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 04:14:58
September 06 2019 04:01 GMT
#795
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 05:04:44
September 06 2019 05:04 GMT
#796
Reigniting a personal feud between French and Brazilian leaders the economic minister called Macron's wife ugly, further jeopardizing an increasingly tenuous trade deal between the European Union and Mercosur, the South American customs union.

Brazil’s Economy Minister reignited President Jair Bolsonaro’s spat with his French counterpart after he repeated the Brazilian leader’s insults about Emmanuel Macron’s wife.

In a speech to businessmen in the northeastern city of Fortaleza, Paulo Guedes complained about the media coverage of the Bolsonaro administration, saying that rather than report on the country’s progress, it focused on the president’s outrageous comments.

“What I see in the newspapers is that he insulted [Michelle] Bachelet, or that he called Macron’s wife ugly,” he said. “He did say that and it’s true -- the woman is indeed ugly.”


www.bloomberg.com
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-06 13:46:38
September 06 2019 13:46 GMT
#797
--- Nuked ---
Ryzel
Profile Joined December 2012
United States568 Posts
September 06 2019 18:59 GMT
#798
Did some personal research on the subject, Macron’s wife isn’t the prettiest but I feel “ugly” is a bit of a stretch. The Brazilian leaders are lying to their people.
Hakuna Matata B*tches
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
September 06 2019 19:17 GMT
#799
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24374 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-07 09:30:16
September 07 2019 09:10 GMT
#800
Bloomberg reports Ivanka Trump brought some money "for roads" in Argentina.

Ivanka Trump Visits Troubled Argentina, Bringing Cash for Roads

The U.S. government approved $400 million in financing for Argentina’s road network during a visit by Ivanka Trump, the U.S. President’s daughter and adviser, to the Latin American country that’s struggling with a financial crisis on the eve of presidential elections.

The Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), an agency of the U.S. government tasked with helping American businesses...will bankroll around 430 miles of roads in the provinces of Buenos Aires, Santa Fe, Cordoba and Mendoza, according to a statement from Argentina’s Transport Ministry.

The announcement comes less than eight weeks away from an election which President Mauricio Macri, a personal friend of U.S. President Donald Trump, looks set to lose to leftist opposition candidate Alberto Fernandez.


www.bloomberg.com

Argentinians face a tough choice imo. Vote for Trump's friend Macri and keep getting the crumbs of US businesses that are coming to exploit them, or vote for the leftist and risk aid turning to sanctions and a US backed coup/candidate on the horizon.

Not to mention US support for more money from the IMF (which promises austerity anyway) disappears too if they vote for the leftist candidate. Despite all that, it seems they are still going to and kudos to them for their bravery.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 576
Hyun 45
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 33
scan(afreeca) 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Larva 15
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick558
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 59m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.