• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12896 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 298

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 6009 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 16 2018 23:41 GMT
#5941
On June 17 2018 08:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 07:56 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:29 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:24 IgnE wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:01 KwarK wrote:
On June 17 2018 06:46 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 05:56 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
i really hope Justin Trudeau employs the tactics his father employed when Pierre Elliott Trudeau was dealing with Nixon.. Even if Justin does this... I don't think Justin has 10% of the intellect of his father. That said, P.E.T.'s approach was pragmatic and pure gold.

In particular Pierre Trudeau refused to be labelled...
"i'm not a protectionist.. i'm not a nationalist.. i'm not an isolationist... i just want the best deal for Canada.. lets make the best deal we can together... even if the rest of the world hates you ( meaning USA//Nixon) ... we want to make a good deal".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/just-released-1971-recording-captures-talks-between-nixon-pompous-trudeau-1.755465

Trump alienating the rest of the world is a great opportunity for Canada if Justin plays his cards right...

He can’t do a visit to India right. He can’t affix his eyebrows to his face right. I don’t think he’ll play his cards right.

I just think Trumps making it exceedingly easy for Trudeau to grow support domestically.

Surely you're not buying the conspiracy theory that Trudeau doesn't have eyebrows, are you?

That dark thing that sometimes appears behind an opaque object in the opposite direction to the light source, that's called a shadow.


What is this conspiracy theory?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/justin-trudeaus-eyebrow/

During a G7 summit speech Trudeau made, there were some people saying Trudeau was wearing fake eyebrows because the shadows made it seem like the eyebrow was tilted, like it was glued on improperly. Unsurprisingly turned into fodder for the right who joked about him being as fake as his eyebrows, a ninny who is all show and no talk, etc.

It was believable, given the absolutely bonkers photos. That’s if we’re being honest about appearances.


But hey, if that was just shadows as people say now, then my bad.

On June 17 2018 07:11 JimmiC wrote:
On June 17 2018 06:46 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 05:56 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
i really hope Justin Trudeau employs the tactics his father employed when Pierre Elliott Trudeau was dealing with Nixon.. Even if Justin does this... I don't think Justin has 10% of the intellect of his father. That said, P.E.T.'s approach was pragmatic and pure gold.

In particular Pierre Trudeau refused to be labelled...
"i'm not a protectionist.. i'm not a nationalist.. i'm not an isolationist... i just want the best deal for Canada.. lets make the best deal we can together... even if the rest of the world hates you ( meaning USA//Nixon) ... we want to make a good deal".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/just-released-1971-recording-captures-talks-between-nixon-pompous-trudeau-1.755465

Trump alienating the rest of the world is a great opportunity for Canada if Justin plays his cards right...

He do a visit to India right. He can’t affix his eyebrows to his face right. I don’t think he’ll play his cards right.

I just think Trumps making it exceedingly easy for Trudeau to grow support domestically.


Everyone loves someone who "stands up" to a bully, and we have little brother complex relating to the states anyway. Too bad JT became leader because of his last name and not because of his talent. So the chances of him taking advantage of it, without excellent advisers, is slim to none.

Yeah
Maybe Merkel or subordinates can coordinate a response that includes Canada.

Video editing software exists and that video looks fake as fuck.

You should decide if your approach is “quite obviously shadow” or “video looks fake as fuck.” The second one lends credence to the results looking fake ... you just blame video editing instead of false eyebrows or deceptive shadows.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-16 23:57:35
June 16 2018 23:49 GMT
#5942
It is petty as it gets, but politics has always been about appearances, just like how people mock Trump's hairdo and orange tan today. Trudeau does have a reputation for being a bit too prepped for a photo op and often stumbling (metaphorically), and fake eyebrows wouldn't help with that. But hey, Danglars acknowledged he likely erred and sees the light of the eyebrow shadows, and I think there's better boards to discuss this, like in Canadian Politics : )

On June 17 2018 08:53 iamthedave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 08:49 PhoenixVoid wrote:
It is petty as it gets, but politics has always been about appearances, just like how people mock Trump's hairdo and orange tan today. Trudeau does have a reputation for being a bit too prepped for a photo op and often stumbling (metaphorically), and fake eyebrows wouldn't help with that. But hey, Danglars acknowledged he likely erred and sees the light of the eyebrow shadows, and I think there's better boards to discuss this, like in Canadian Politics : )


Christ, seems more like r/conspiracy fodder to me.

Yes it is weird how far some people will go to hit Trudeau, like with faked quotes ("If you kill your enemies, they win"), and generally obsessing over how he's a "cuck" and not a macho man. They seem to conveniently forget he boxed out a pretty beefy Conservative senator years ago.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
June 16 2018 23:53 GMT
#5943
On June 17 2018 08:49 PhoenixVoid wrote:
It is petty as it gets, but politics has always been about appearances, just like how people mock Trump's hairdo and orange tan today. Trudeau does have a reputation for being a bit too prepped for a photo op and often stumbling (metaphorically), and fake eyebrows wouldn't help with that. But hey, Danglars acknowledged he likely erred and sees the light of the eyebrow shadows, and I think there's better boards to discuss this, like in Canadian Politics : )


Christ, seems more like r/conspiracy fodder to me.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 16 2018 23:57 GMT
#5944
From where I heard of the bizarre eyebrow thing, it came up during when the tariff, G7 and subsequent twitter cockfight were still top news (aka 2 weeks ago).

I get the feeling it was some weird chest-puffing from T_D. Like, look at the big alpha Trump pushing around that dandy Trudeau. Not really relevant to much, but overall a statement that trade wars are good because Trump is the biggest dog in the yard.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 17 2018 00:13 GMT
#5945
On June 17 2018 08:41 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 08:34 Plansix wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:56 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:29 PhoenixVoid wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:24 IgnE wrote:
On June 17 2018 07:01 KwarK wrote:
On June 17 2018 06:46 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 05:56 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
i really hope Justin Trudeau employs the tactics his father employed when Pierre Elliott Trudeau was dealing with Nixon.. Even if Justin does this... I don't think Justin has 10% of the intellect of his father. That said, P.E.T.'s approach was pragmatic and pure gold.

In particular Pierre Trudeau refused to be labelled...
"i'm not a protectionist.. i'm not a nationalist.. i'm not an isolationist... i just want the best deal for Canada.. lets make the best deal we can together... even if the rest of the world hates you ( meaning USA//Nixon) ... we want to make a good deal".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/just-released-1971-recording-captures-talks-between-nixon-pompous-trudeau-1.755465

Trump alienating the rest of the world is a great opportunity for Canada if Justin plays his cards right...

He can’t do a visit to India right. He can’t affix his eyebrows to his face right. I don’t think he’ll play his cards right.

I just think Trumps making it exceedingly easy for Trudeau to grow support domestically.

Surely you're not buying the conspiracy theory that Trudeau doesn't have eyebrows, are you?

That dark thing that sometimes appears behind an opaque object in the opposite direction to the light source, that's called a shadow.


What is this conspiracy theory?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/justin-trudeaus-eyebrow/

During a G7 summit speech Trudeau made, there were some people saying Trudeau was wearing fake eyebrows because the shadows made it seem like the eyebrow was tilted, like it was glued on improperly. Unsurprisingly turned into fodder for the right who joked about him being as fake as his eyebrows, a ninny who is all show and no talk, etc.

It was believable, given the absolutely bonkers photos. That’s if we’re being honest about appearances.

https://twitter.com/dailycallout/status/1005836637673345025
But hey, if that was just shadows as people say now, then my bad.

On June 17 2018 07:11 JimmiC wrote:
On June 17 2018 06:46 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 05:56 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
i really hope Justin Trudeau employs the tactics his father employed when Pierre Elliott Trudeau was dealing with Nixon.. Even if Justin does this... I don't think Justin has 10% of the intellect of his father. That said, P.E.T.'s approach was pragmatic and pure gold.

In particular Pierre Trudeau refused to be labelled...
"i'm not a protectionist.. i'm not a nationalist.. i'm not an isolationist... i just want the best deal for Canada.. lets make the best deal we can together... even if the rest of the world hates you ( meaning USA//Nixon) ... we want to make a good deal".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/just-released-1971-recording-captures-talks-between-nixon-pompous-trudeau-1.755465

Trump alienating the rest of the world is a great opportunity for Canada if Justin plays his cards right...

He do a visit to India right. He can’t affix his eyebrows to his face right. I don’t think he’ll play his cards right.

I just think Trumps making it exceedingly easy for Trudeau to grow support domestically.


Everyone loves someone who "stands up" to a bully, and we have little brother complex relating to the states anyway. Too bad JT became leader because of his last name and not because of his talent. So the chances of him taking advantage of it, without excellent advisers, is slim to none.

Yeah
Maybe Merkel or subordinates can coordinate a response that includes Canada.

Video editing software exists and that video looks fake as fuck.

You should decide if your approach is “quite obviously shadow” or “video looks fake as fuck.” The second one lends credence to the results looking fake ... you just blame video editing instead of false eyebrows or deceptive shadows.

I think the approach is quite obviously "why does this matter?"
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
June 17 2018 00:18 GMT
#5946
--- Nuked ---
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 17 2018 00:22 GMT
#5947
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

Oh, there's absolutely a market for it. And it can legit be amusing in a vacuum.

It's just utterly bizarre in the context of "We started a trade war with Canada. But don't worry, their leader has fake eyebrows."
Average means I'm better than half of you.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 17 2018 00:23 GMT
#5948
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I understand this well enough, but the decision to bring this up in the context of foreign policy is what I find particularly questionable.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 17 2018 01:42 GMT
#5949
Ted Cruz has defeated Jimmy Kimmel in basketball. This is both the least interesting and least surprising basketball result since Bill Simmons fellating of Brad Stevens on 5/30
Freeeeeeedom
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
June 17 2018 01:55 GMT
#5950
On June 16 2018 13:43 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 12:13 mierin wrote:
Is whataboutism the new legal standard? Oh, Israel may be committing human rights violations, but X other country is too? How about we come down hard on Israel now, and once that is finished worry about the other countries? We need to come to a consensus that human rights violations are bad, and look into all instances of that. If Israel needs to be the "example" to the rest of the world, so be it.

There are a finite number of countries on this planet, so going through them one by one to eliminate stuff like this isn't impossible.

I think the linked article and her op ed (wapo) lay out the basic rationale well enough. If I made an example of you for the next twenty years or so, you also might suspect this is more about you than warning others.


No, that's an incorrect take. If i'm doing something reprehensible, I should be judged for that.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 17 2018 02:34 GMT
#5951
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-17 02:43:20
June 17 2018 02:42 GMT
#5952
On June 17 2018 11:34 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.

I mean, you had to outright ignore the following two posts just to get you jab in, so kudos? Pretty sure we had random posts here (or maybe on the Canada thread?) about Trudeau's bod, so I don't think anyone's above talking about random celeb rag gossip about their world leaders.

But you're the one who brought up fake eyebrows in the context of trade wars. I'd still love to know how you're connecting the two.

At least Trump's tantrums are legitimate discussion points when it comes to his foreign policy.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 17 2018 02:46 GMT
#5953
On June 17 2018 10:55 mierin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 13:43 Danglars wrote:
On June 16 2018 12:13 mierin wrote:
Is whataboutism the new legal standard? Oh, Israel may be committing human rights violations, but X other country is too? How about we come down hard on Israel now, and once that is finished worry about the other countries? We need to come to a consensus that human rights violations are bad, and look into all instances of that. If Israel needs to be the "example" to the rest of the world, so be it.

There are a finite number of countries on this planet, so going through them one by one to eliminate stuff like this isn't impossible.

I think the linked article and her op ed (wapo) lay out the basic rationale well enough. If I made an example of you for the next twenty years or so, you also might suspect this is more about you than warning others.


No, that's an incorrect take. If i'm doing something reprehensible, I should be judged for that.

If they’ve exhibited a clear pattern of behavior, only the lowest of stupid people would surmise that you’re being made an example for others. The rest will quickly realize some nations with more favorable geopolitical status or in quasi-alliances get preferential treatment. The problem with Israel and America under Trump is we’re not behaving like ignorant saps. Majority-Muslim autocracies and theocracies operate under a separate regime of human rights punishments.

The US is right to withdraw, and Obama was wrong to put us back in. His error in judgment has been corrected.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 17 2018 02:54 GMT
#5954
On June 17 2018 11:46 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 10:55 mierin wrote:
On June 16 2018 13:43 Danglars wrote:
On June 16 2018 12:13 mierin wrote:
Is whataboutism the new legal standard? Oh, Israel may be committing human rights violations, but X other country is too? How about we come down hard on Israel now, and once that is finished worry about the other countries? We need to come to a consensus that human rights violations are bad, and look into all instances of that. If Israel needs to be the "example" to the rest of the world, so be it.

There are a finite number of countries on this planet, so going through them one by one to eliminate stuff like this isn't impossible.

I think the linked article and her op ed (wapo) lay out the basic rationale well enough. If I made an example of you for the next twenty years or so, you also might suspect this is more about you than warning others.


No, that's an incorrect take. If i'm doing something reprehensible, I should be judged for that.

If they’ve exhibited a clear pattern of behavior, only the lowest of stupid people would surmise that you’re being made an example for others. The rest will quickly realize some nations with more favorable geopolitical status or in quasi-alliances get preferential treatment. The problem with Israel and America under Trump is we’re not behaving like ignorant saps. Majority-Muslim autocracies and theocracies operate under a separate regime of human rights punishments.

The US is right to withdraw, and Obama was wrong to put us back in. His error in judgment has been corrected.

I think our ignorance as a nation is on full display. From human rights to eyebrow conspiracy theories, we are all about ignorant shit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
June 17 2018 03:01 GMT
#5955
On June 17 2018 11:42 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 11:34 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.

I mean, you had to outright ignore the following two posts just to get you jab in, so kudos? Pretty sure we had random posts here (or maybe on the Canada thread?) about Trudeau's bod, so I don't think anyone's above talking about random celeb rag gossip about their world leaders.

But you're the one who brought up fake eyebrows in the context of trade wars. I'd still love to know how you're connecting the two.

At least Trump's tantrums are legitimate discussion points when it comes to his foreign policy.

I mean you’ve ignored the context of my reply and the substance of my further reply, so you can keep all the kudos. This is squarely in the genre of selective misinterpretation. Maybe you’d understand “Bush shouldn’t set nuclear policy, he can barely even pronounce the word!” but not “He can’t even even do an India trip or his own eyebrows right, how can he play his cards just right?”

I’d expect a tiny bit more levity from people do committed to making fun of Trump—making sarcastic comments at Trump—but I guess that’s a big ask? I don’t know, it was really only two or three posters.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 17 2018 03:33 GMT
#5956
On June 17 2018 12:01 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 11:42 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On June 17 2018 11:34 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.

I mean, you had to outright ignore the following two posts just to get you jab in, so kudos? Pretty sure we had random posts here (or maybe on the Canada thread?) about Trudeau's bod, so I don't think anyone's above talking about random celeb rag gossip about their world leaders.

But you're the one who brought up fake eyebrows in the context of trade wars. I'd still love to know how you're connecting the two.

At least Trump's tantrums are legitimate discussion points when it comes to his foreign policy.

I mean you’ve ignored the context of my reply and the substance of my further reply, so you can keep all the kudos. This is squarely in the genre of selective misinterpretation. Maybe you’d understand “Bush shouldn’t set nuclear policy, he can barely even pronounce the word!” but not “He can’t even even do an India trip or his own eyebrows right, how can he play his cards just right?”

I’d expect a tiny bit more levity from people do committed to making fun of Trump—making sarcastic comments at Trump—but I guess that’s a big ask? I don’t know, it was really only two or three posters.

Well, here's the thing. Now I can't tell if you're including the India trip in the levity or not, because that was actually a decently big fuck-up from Trudeau.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
June 17 2018 03:37 GMT
#5957
On June 17 2018 11:42 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 11:34 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.

Pretty sure we had random posts here (or maybe on the Canada thread?) about Trudeau's bod


So i heard that Trudeau works out and has a pretty good body. I think I saw a picture on here but i cant find it.
I tried googling image "trudeau's body" but i couldn't find it.
I want to see pictures of his nice body, anybody have it?
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-17 03:46:06
June 17 2018 03:44 GMT
#5958
On June 17 2018 12:01 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 11:42 WolfintheSheep wrote:
On June 17 2018 11:34 Danglars wrote:
On June 17 2018 09:18 JimmiC wrote:
Depends on what you are interested. I've seen long articles about the first ladies outfits and what her body language means. Lots of people are interested in that shit, and there is a huge market out there for pretty boys/girls looking bad.

I get the sentiment that it shouldn't matter but it clearly does. Neither leader of the country made it their office based on their policy.

I have no problem if the zeitgeist is everybody talking about policies and nobody consorts with those low people. But we have the Drumpf posters here, the small hands, orange face, omg Melania outfit and heels, and the rest ... that get shocked we’re even talking about something that represents another’s naïveté. Yeah, people here have been talking at that level of discourse without realizing for quite some time (but I’m sure are justified in doing it because Trump), just look in the mirror a bit more.

It’s pretty funny to be honest.

I mean, you had to outright ignore the following two posts just to get you jab in, so kudos? Pretty sure we had random posts here (or maybe on the Canada thread?) about Trudeau's bod, so I don't think anyone's above talking about random celeb rag gossip about their world leaders.

But you're the one who brought up fake eyebrows in the context of trade wars. I'd still love to know how you're connecting the two.

At least Trump's tantrums are legitimate discussion points when it comes to his foreign policy.

I mean you’ve ignored the context of my reply and the substance of my further reply, so you can keep all the kudos. This is squarely in the genre of selective misinterpretation. Maybe you’d understand “Bush shouldn’t set nuclear policy, he can barely even pronounce the word!” but not “He can’t even even do an India trip or his own eyebrows right, how can he play his cards just right?”

I’d expect a tiny bit more levity from people do committed to making fun of Trump—making sarcastic comments at Trump—but I guess that’s a big ask? I don’t know, it was really only two or three posters.

It's one thing if you're arguing Trudeau can't handle foreign policy, it's another to support that argument by arguing the finer details about whether his eyebrows are real. If you're saying it in jest, own it my dude.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
PeTraSoHot
Profile Joined February 2018
0 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-17 03:55:25
June 17 2018 03:46 GMT
#5959
On June 17 2018 05:49 WolfintheSheep wrote:

Because it didn't happen under Obama? I don't know what "this" you're referring to, but if you're attempting to do some all encompassing absolute that "tell me children were never ever separated from parents under Obama", okay, take your internet kudos or something.

There are legitimate and justifiable reasons to separate children from parents. Medical reasons, child abuse, etc. And that's not even discussing border crossers or immigrants. I would've hoped that such points could be skipped over as standard fact.

So someone told me false information, I point out that it's false, and you mock that with "take your internet kudos or something"? Do you prefer I overlook or propagate false information that looks more favorable to your preferred political party?
I'm entirely open to there being legitimate and justifiable reasons to reasons to separate children from parents. Perhaps you'll consider explaining that to this guy..
On June 16 2018 05:45 Plansix wrote:


The rest of the questions: there is no justification for splitting up the families. It is purely done to inflict suffering on those seeking asylum to discourage other asylum seekers and to discourage the parents from fighting their deportation.

Given that they've both done it, I'm curious about the ethics of the practice in general, and what the differences in context are that justify the current outrage.
On June 16 2018 04:17 PeTraSoHot wrote:
Are you wanting them to be put in the same prison / cell / detainment facility as their parents? What explanation has there been for why we wouldn't do that? Are you unhappy about the quality of the accommodations? I'm not really sure what exactly your complaint is.

I'm not getting far in terms of real answers. Your comment "Because it didn't happen under Obama?...(okay it did happen under Obama, but his reasons were legitimate!)" is just dishonest.
Again, I'm open to there being legitimate or justifiable reasons (perhaps Obama's were and Trump's are not), but nobody is presenting them and I'm getting lies instead. It's getting difficult to not think this is a manufactured outrage...
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 17 2018 03:55 GMT
#5960
On June 17 2018 12:46 PeTraSoHot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2018 05:49 WolfintheSheep wrote:

Because it didn't happen under Obama? I don't know what "this" you're referring to, but if you're attempting to do some all encompassing absolute that "tell me children were never ever separated from parents under Obama", okay, take your internet kudos or something.

There are legitimate and justifiable reasons to separate children from parents. Medical reasons, child abuse, etc. And that's not even discussing border crossers or immigrants. I would've hoped that such points could be skipped over as standard fact.

So someone told me false information, I point out that it's false, and you mock that with "take your internet kudos or something"? Do you prefer I overlook or propagate false information that looks more favorable to your preferred political party?
I'm entirely open to there being legitimate and justifiable reasons to reasons to separate children from parents. Perhaps you'll consider explaining that to this guy..
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 05:45 Plansix wrote:


The rest of the questions: there is no justification for splitting up the families. It is purely done to inflict suffering on those seeking asylum to discourage other asylum seekers and to discourage the parents from fighting their deportation.

Given that they've both done it, I'm curious about the ethics of the practice in general, and what the differences in context are that justify the current outrage.
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2018 04:17 PeTraSoHot wrote:
Are you wanting them to be put in the same prison / cell / detainment facility as their parents? What explanation has there been for why we wouldn't do that? Are you unhappy about the quality of the accommodations? I'm not really sure what exactly your complaint is.

I'm not getting far in terms of real answers. Your comment "Because it didn't happen under Obama?...(okay it did happen under Obama, but his reasons were legitimate!)" is just dishonest.
Again, I'm open to there being legitimate or justifiable reasons, but nobody is presenting them and I'm getting lies instead. It's getting difficult to not think this is a manufactured outrage...

Read your own articles then. If you don't understand the difference between "rare and in extreme circumstances" and "standard operating procedure", then there's not much point trying to have a discussion.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Prev 1 296 297 298 299 300 6009 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Reynor 249
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 146
firebathero 83
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK3
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1749
FrodaN1313
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor466
Beastyqt387
Livibee183
crisheroes135
Mew2King64
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur588
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
Replay Cast
3h 38m
OSC
16h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.