• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:43
CEST 20:43
KST 03:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9633 users

How many REAL friend do you have? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
October 05 2006 00:38 GMT
#41
The question wasn't "How many lifelong friends do you have?" If someone is a friend now, but we have to move apart, maybe in 5 - 10 years I won't consider him a good friend anymore. But they don't live in random locations, they live in my old city, which I go home to see my family, and thus my friends at regular intevals.

My father is 45. His best friends live hours away and they went to highschool together. He sees them maybe once or twice a year. His best friend lives in Florida, and he sees him twice a year. Come to think of it, my father has few people he would call good friends living in the same city as him, which I don't see a problem.

Look, it's not complicated:

I lived in Toronto while going to school in Kingston. My high school friends still live in Toronto; I talk to them a lot and we hang out all the time when I'm back in Toronto. We have a forum we all keep in touch with; I read and post on it 2-10 times a week. (5 people)

Many of my Kingston schoolmates lived in Toronto. When I go home we hang out also. I lived with them for four years, so I guess I think that doesn't get broken now that we don't live near each other. I keep in touch with these people through email and MSN. Whenever we get together it's like we haven't been apart. (3 people)

I now live in Calgary. Many of my schoolmates are either from Calgary or have moved to Calgary. I talk to them often and we hang out 2 times a week. (7 people).

Total: >10; I'm done with this thread.
Moderator
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
October 05 2006 00:38 GMT
#42
On October 05 2006 09:37 vGl-CoW wrote:
wow this thread sure went down the shitter

i agree with ETT's definition but you guys need to lay back and just accept that someone has a bunch of really good close friends

What do you know, youre a girl!
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
October 05 2006 00:41 GMT
#43
i have about 7-8 actual REAL friends that i would like take a bullet for kidna thing goin
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 00:43:03
October 05 2006 00:42 GMT
#44
chill just clarified it...
On October 05 2006 09:38 Chill wrote:
The question wasn't "How many lifelong friends do you have?" If someone is a friend now, but we have to move apart, maybe in 5 - 10 years I won't consider him a good friend anymore. But they don't live in random locations, they live in my old city, which I go home to see my family, and thus my friends at regular intevals.

i see people that are my close friends now as people that i will never ever think to not consider them my close friends for something like location. it's simply a different interpretation of the definition. sure ok i have 30+ close friends going by chill's guidelines, i've lived in like 3-4 different cities, not to mention china.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
October 05 2006 00:42 GMT
#45
i think it's unreasonable that just because you guys have found it difficult to maintain contact with your college friends that so too must chill. no two people are alike, just as no relationship between any two people is alike.
i would number my close friends at less than 5, but maybe chill is an open and forthcoming dude who everyone can relate to. who knows? it almost seems resentful the way you're picking at him for it.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
October 05 2006 00:42 GMT
#46
Well, I've never actually had a friend who hasn't let me down in some major way. People I thought were my best friends for 5+ years have: dated my ex-gfs (GRRRR...), blurted out a big secret I'd confided, stolen money from me, cheated on me, borrowed rent money and tried to let it be forgotten over time. I have about 8 of these "close friends".

I have some friends I've known for like 1.5 years who are very cool, but we have yet to stand the test of time. I'll count them, so that makes: 4.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
TS-Rupbar
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden1089 Posts
October 05 2006 00:43 GMT
#47
I don't have any friend I'd talk with about anything. I don't trust people that easily and I haven't ever gotten into a situation where I needed a REALLY close friend. I do have one friend whom I consider my closest friend and sometimes we don't see each other for months, but sometimes, we see each other 3-4 times a week for a month. He got a girlfriend now, thought, so we see each other even less now than we used to. We've known each since we were three years old, but he's one year older than me, so it was natural that we split up and got new friends from different hockey/football teams and parties.

Right now, the people I spend the most time with are the guys in my class. They're not REALLY close to me, but we see each other a lot - both in and outside of school. However, I just recently got in their group, because I was in a different class than them before we all moved to a new school last year. Through them, I've got to meet their friends and now I have lots of people I call my friends.

I don't know why I never had a REALLY close friend, but I guess it's a combination of me spending time older guys before and we eventually saw each other less plus the fact that my class in my last school sucked and almost everyone was an idiot.

If I ever need to talk to someone about love problems or something, I find it easier to talk to a girl I know or just someone in my clan whom I've known for three years or more. They probably know more about my love problems than anyone else This works out for me and I don't feel like I need to have a "REALLY CLOSE" friend right now. I wouldn't mind having one, though
doedrikthe2nd
Profile Joined July 2005
Sweden981 Posts
October 05 2006 00:43 GMT
#48
I voted 4 just as I realised I actually have 5, but then i thought about it some more they actually are only 4.
Kinda sad that you can only fully trust less than 1/10 of the people you know.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
October 05 2006 00:45 GMT
#49
it's not sad. trust loses meaning if you give it away too freely. people are adverse to hardwork, and trust is something that can only thus be attained
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 05 2006 00:46 GMT
#50
On October 05 2006 09:42 CTStalker wrote:
i think it's unreasonable that just because you guys have found it difficult to maintain contact with your college friends that so too must chill. no two people are alike, just as no relationship between any two people is alike.
i would number my close friends at less than 5, but maybe chill is an open and forthcoming dude who everyone can relate to. who knows? it almost seems resentful the way you're picking at him for it.

im not really doubting his relationships with his friends or resentful (lol?) at him for having lots of friends. likely he is not far removed from college, it will only get harder from now on to keep contact. not many people in this forum have experience with that, just commenting on it.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
October 05 2006 00:46 GMT
#51
Does family count?

If not, 4. Hope I didnt forget any lol
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
SaRangHaE
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States182 Posts
October 05 2006 00:47 GMT
#52
starcraft is my only real friend k?
don't taze me bro
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 00:49:41
October 05 2006 00:48 GMT
#53
Your definition was people I could tell anything to. People I could ask anything to.

How does your definition of what you will do after you move from your friend change at all from what I am doing with my friends? I've moved away, we're still friends. If, 50 years from now we meet up, we'll still be friends. Probably not good friends because we won't have talked in 50 years; but in your definition somehow you will still be good friends with this person having been away from them for 50 years.

Don't get it... k Bye.
Moderator
1tym
Profile Joined April 2005
Korea (South)2425 Posts
October 05 2006 00:48 GMT
#54
Stop deciding how many real friends other people have. Just talk about yourself rather than judging someone you've never met personally with your speculations. If someone claims they have more than 10 real friends, let them be. Why jump up about it?
1tym is one time for your mind
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 05 2006 00:51 GMT
#55
On October 05 2006 09:48 Chill wrote:
Your definition was people I could tell anything to. People I could ask anything to.

How does your definition of what you will do after you move from your friend change at all from what I am doing with my friends? I've moved away, we're still friends. If, 50 years from now we meet up, we'll still be friends. Probably not good friends because we won't have talked in 50 years; but in your definition somehow you will still be friends with this person having been away from them for 50 years.

Don't get it... k Bye.

yes... i just attributed the difference in opinion to the different interpretation of what a the thread creator meant by "real friend." not really disagreeing with you.

also, i think that discussion is good and while it might seem like some statements are attacking or whatever, nobody is really insulting anyone. the whole "ok im done bye!" and then post again, then again say "ok not posting anymore." its kind of a childish way to get in the last word and a not-so-subtle attempt to annoy the other posters who you are responding to.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
doedrikthe2nd
Profile Joined July 2005
Sweden981 Posts
October 05 2006 00:52 GMT
#56
On October 05 2006 09:45 CTStalker wrote:
it's not sad. trust loses meaning if you give it away too freely. people are adverse to hardwork, and trust is something that can only thus be attained


I think so. I have people that I've known since I could barely walk that I wouldn't share my deepest secrets to.
I'd like to think anyone can trust me though.
DarkYoDA
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States1347 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 01:02:17
October 05 2006 00:55 GMT
#57
First of all, I don't think I can classify anyone "fake" friends so I think the rest should be real friends..

Anyway just because someone can't commit to the friendship the way you will or perhaps not even you are willing, doesn't make the a real friend or not imo. You can't be a "real" friend to everyone and it's the same the other way..
It's a comedy to claim thy superiority when it's anothers' inferiority which elevated thy mediocrity
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 05 2006 00:56 GMT
#58
yeah, i agree about the trust thing. its not really that hard to get someone to fully understand your mind and personality, nobody is really that amazing that its just so hard for a relatively intelligent, well-adjusted person to understand him or her. its just the trust that needs to be built and that really does take a lot of time.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
October 05 2006 00:59 GMT
#59
Now that I think about it, I really don't have any "real" friends.

T_T

I guess it's mostly my fault, though ...
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
WhatisProtoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Korea (South)2325 Posts
October 05 2006 00:59 GMT
#60
On October 05 2006 08:24 Chill wrote:
[removed quote within quote]

What? I consider nearly everyone I met on my floor in university a close friend, plus the 6 - 7 close friends from back home.


Hehe, popular boy!! P

Yeah, I have plenty of friends (hang out friends)... but true friends, probably 1-2.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 396
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 90
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins415
Counter-Strike
fl0m4689
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo337
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 92
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason13
ToD4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur1011
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 18m
Patches Events
21h 18m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.