• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9681 users

How many REAL friend do you have? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
1tym
Profile Joined April 2005
Korea (South)2425 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 01:09:14
October 05 2006 01:07 GMT
#61
You really cannot judge how many real friends other people have..

But do ask yourself this question.

Our of the 10+ real friends you think you have, how many of them would you put in a hotel room with your girlfriend and let them spend the night with each other and the next day you trust with out a slight doubt that nothing happend between them 100%?
1tym is one time for your mind
tae
Profile Joined September 2006
United States101 Posts
October 05 2006 01:07 GMT
#62
On October 05 2006 08:19 Hot_Bid wrote:
[removed quote within quote]
its near the wrist-cutting knives and black eye shadow


They see me trollin, Im hatin, they hopin that they gon catch me writin dirty...
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
October 05 2006 01:08 GMT
#63
It's hard to put in words the depth of the word 'friendship'. To the people with 50+ good friends, could you tell all of them you're gay or into child pron (if you were)? Would you take a bullet for all of them?

Friends really narrow down when you finish education, most highschool/college friends just are friends because they are close to you and are able to have a good time together. Are you going to keep in touch when you grow up, even if it's only once a year? I don't think anyone will keep in touch with 50 people.

But i don't think it's impossible to have 15 real good friends, but this takes a lot of social time to get to know each other. I personally have 3, maybe 4.
DeathBlow
Profile Joined August 2006
Romania117 Posts
October 05 2006 01:15 GMT
#64
On October 05 2006 10:07 1tym wrote:
You really cannot judge how many real friends other people have..

But do ask yourself this question.

Our of the 10+ real friends you think you have, how many of them would you put in a hotel room with your girlfriend and let them spend the night with each other and the next day you trust with out a slight doubt that nothing happend between them 100%?


3 friends. They are shy .
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 01:32:36
October 05 2006 01:32 GMT
#65
Like others have already hammered out - it all depends on the interpretation of what is meant by a 'real' friend.

My 'real' friends are the people that will always be a significant part of my life until the day I die. It's not an assumption, or a hope, it's KNOWING that they will always be extremely important to me. They are a big enough part of my life that my family will knowingly pick them above all others to be pallbearers at my funeral should something bad happen, and I will pick them above all others (without any second thought) to stand with me at my wedding. Non-family, of course.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
DevAzTaYtA
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Oman2005 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 01:38:38
October 05 2006 01:33 GMT
#66
On October 05 2006 08:23 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Everyone who said 10+ is a liar, and probably just in school/college.

Trust me, you don't have 10 REAL friends.



Don't forget that in different cultures it can be more/less difficult to make ''real friends'' (not to mention different personalities etc.). I have found making ''real friends'' in the US to be incredibly hard compared to the other places that I have lived. IMO it was a very narrow-minded statement that you made, which obviously came about from YOUR personal experiences. You shouldn't speak for the rest of us ;p

5-6.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
October 05 2006 01:39 GMT
#67
not enough
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 01:45:17
October 05 2006 01:44 GMT
#68
No lies, I have over one hundred and fifty of these 'real' friends.

A good portion of them are from primary school others from early highschool and so forth, I have talked and been with these guys for a long, long time.

It wasn't always this way, I started off with one good friend when I was 10, who I met through an older man who worked as a professor in my home town, we were both young...but myself and him met so many new friends...we really spread our social wings as we went on our journey through life.

I think it's been this way since I left home at a VERY early age (10) and had to move around a lot. It's ok though...I wanted to. Soon I met two more people who I now consider the greatest friends I'll ever have. We travelled together, learning and meeting new people all the time.

My array of friends began to spread as I became more confident and stronger person in life, life has many battles in it, as I'm sure a lot of you know...but I've had so many battles in my life I don't know how to act properly sometimes. It also seems that every new person I'd meet would want to fight...it was the longest time before I became strong enough that people respected me for who I am...and they know that I have the backing of all my friends for support and to keep me in the fight.

My name is Ash Ketchum and I'm a Pokémon master.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
October 05 2006 01:47 GMT
#69
Hahahahaha Smurg!!!!!!

I have just a handful of real friends. Yeah...
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
October 05 2006 01:48 GMT
#70
haha that post reads like a Mastercard advertisement
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
October 05 2006 01:58 GMT
#71
I said 3, realy I have 3 friends who I KNOW would always back me up and I KNOW would never do anything to fuck me over. I have known both of them since 7th grade, and one of them I basicly lived at his house, and his family is like a second family to me.

Thats the kind of friend he is talking about, not the kind of friend you call every now and then to go hang out or whatever. I could use my bnet friends list if that was the case -_-
VdP]DreaM
Profile Joined February 2004
720 Posts
October 05 2006 02:06 GMT
#72
Wow, I should of really read the question. I put 10+ but upon reading i'd say 3.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
October 05 2006 02:10 GMT
#73
On October 05 2006 10:33 DevAzTaYtA wrote:
     [removed quote within quote]

Don't forget that in different cultures it can be more/less difficult to make ''real friends'' (not to mention different personalities etc.). I have found making ''real friends'' in the US to be incredibly hard compared to the other places that I have lived. IMO it was a very narrow-minded statement that you made, which obviously came about from YOUR personal experiences. You shouldn't speak for the rest of us ;p

5-6.


Fair enough, I'll admit that I hadn't really considered that. What cultures would you say is more prone to creating true friends? Are we talking more along the lines of a humbled culture, or maybe small, isolated cultures where everybody tends to know everybody? I can't really see in the "busy" westernized mind-set how it's realistically possible to have that many close friends.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
HungerForMore
Profile Joined September 2006
Afghanistan420 Posts
October 05 2006 02:18 GMT
#74
I think I've only got 2 real friends. However I don't think I have anybody I can tell anything, but that's ok, since I don't wanna hear everything anyways.
Savior 4 Life
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
October 05 2006 02:20 GMT
#75
anyone who thinks that 50 years of not talking to someone won't change your relationship with them is a fool.

Admittedly, i have a few close friends that i can't imagine anything being different in 50 years. But in 50 years alot can happen. They can go insane. They can start believing in war. They can become a cocaine addict. They can become a murderer.

Most of us would like to believe that we know our 'real' friends better than this - that we know this wouldn't happen. But being that you will not have been around these people for said 50 years, many a life-shattering event can happen, and things will have inevitably changed.

I guess i have about 5 friends that i would consider 'real' by OP's definition. 5 people who i would stand by, help through, and love despite being a murderer/insane/cocaine addict/child molester. However, these people would not not be involved in my life for 50 years. If i didn't talk to one of these 5 people for 50 years and THEN they had these problems, i'd probably be sad, but not spend my time with them over spending time with my kids/grandchildren/other close friends.

You guys really trivialized what Chill has experienced. You attempt to explain and make less of his experiences when the truth is you do not understand his experiences - you only understand your own and try to relate them.

I personally doubt anyone on this forum has experienced 'true' love. But then again, i would never have the audacity to call someone mistaken if they claimed they have indeed experienced true love.
Happiness only real when shared.
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
October 05 2006 02:28 GMT
#76
My right hand(left hand when my right hand sores)
Wasabi
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States3085 Posts
October 05 2006 02:29 GMT
#77
--- Nuked ---
DooMeR
Profile Joined July 2003
United States1519 Posts
October 05 2006 02:34 GMT
#78
i voted 10+ im 100% sure i can tell them anything and they will support me in my time of need, and ofcourse vice versa, i have been there for them in their time of need and trust them with my life. I can ask just about anything of them and they will surely do their best.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
October 05 2006 02:39 GMT
#79
--- Nuked ---
Noun
Profile Joined March 2005
United States1026 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 02:44:50
October 05 2006 02:44 GMT
#80
On October 05 2006 11:39 dronebabo wrote:
i have 5 girlfriends

and 3 feet of pure tender cock

I see you got your old name back. But what happened to dronebabo jr., the new guy

To stay on the topic:
I have only one true friend.
Been a friend ever since I came to the U.S.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 396
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 90
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins415
Counter-Strike
fl0m4689
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo337
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 92
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason13
ToD4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur1011
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 18m
Patches Events
21h 18m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.