• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9997 users

How many REAL friend do you have? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
October 05 2006 07:18 GMT
#101
Anyone who thinks they have more than 3 probably has none.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
October 05 2006 10:57 GMT
#102
GAH! that is so closeminded.

I have 5 'real' friends:

1) My mom. I know most people would not include family in this, but i have to. I tell my mom everything. I treat her not only as a mother, but as a friend too. I don't hold myself back. I am the same person with her as i am with other people. I talk about sex. I tell her about what drugs i do, and why i like them. I like drinking with her. I like spending time with her. We have a lot in common other than being family, and it shows in our relationship.

2) Lauren. She was born on the same day as me (she always rubs in that she's older than me because she was born 10 hours earlier. Stupid bitch). Since the age of 13 or so we only see each other 1-2 times a year (up until recently), but we spent so much time together as children, and we truly care so much about each other, that nothing seems to have changed between us in the past 20 years.

3) Chris. My best friend of all friends. I've spent more time with him in the past 8 years of my life than any other individual. What i share with other friends i do not need to share with him. Half the time we communicate with just looks. We will burst out laughing after 10 minutes of silence because we knew exactly what the other has thought. He is the person i am closest to in this world (with the exception maybe being my mom).

4) Donald. My first love and always one of my best friends. The person i've spent the most time with in the past 5 years after Chris. We share many things in common. We will often visit each other just to ignore each other while we do whatever the fuck we want. We like just knowing the other person is close by. We've been through our share of shit, and breaking up brought us closer instead of farther apart, and re-dating is never possible.

5) Spencer. My spiritual/philosophical soulmate. I don't have the pleasure of talking with others as i do with him, simply because no one is interested in the things we are. We love philosophy. We love discussing the meaning of life. We love trying to understand what experience is, and what we get from it all. We have nearly identical logic - to the point where we often finish each others sentences - but at the end of all that, we usually have *complete* opposite conclusions. It's crazy crazy.

Those are my 5 best friends. Now, someone call tell me that i've not had the time to know 5 people in this world, but my bet is i know these 5 just as well as anyone else knows their 1. If it's possible to have 1, it's possible to have 5. Cause all of these people mean everything to me. While i can't imagine knowing even 1 more person, or have the time to know my other close friends more than i do, i'm sure it's possible just as others seem to think that it's not possible to have 5. Who the fuck is anyone else to know how much i know/cherish the relationships i have?
Happiness only real when shared.
Unforgiven_ve
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Venezuela1232 Posts
October 05 2006 11:07 GMT
#103
and whata about 0? :0
:)
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
October 05 2006 11:50 GMT
#104
On October 05 2006 16:18 ManaBlue wrote:
Anyone who thinks they have more than 3 probably has none.


Nonsense. I have a deep network that would definately help me out. To varying degrees, at least.
If you wanted something insanely deep like brotherhood... about 5 EZ. I have a long and colorful ATL history ~_~
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 05 2006 12:05 GMT
#105
About 5 or 6.
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 05 2006 12:05 GMT
#106
One of them I'm not 100% sure I would trust with my existence, so it's 5 or 6. Probably 5.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 05 2006 12:07 GMT
#107
2 girls, and 2 boys.

my best "friends" betrayed me last year, So I don't trust them anymore ;p.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 05 2006 12:09 GMT
#108
I did not answer this poll because I feel that ur question is more about the people theirselves than my relationship with them.
SChasu
Profile Joined October 2003
United States1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 12:24:08
October 05 2006 12:10 GMT
#109
i have 5, but 2 live far away so i dont get to see them very much
edit: not counting family of course
totalbiscuit is awful at casting.
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
October 05 2006 12:47 GMT
#110
On October 05 2006 21:09 travis wrote:
I did not answer this poll because I feel that ur question is more about the people theirselves than my relationship with them.


you are wiser than i am.

;(
Happiness only real when shared.
HungerForMore
Profile Joined September 2006
Afghanistan420 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 21:52:54
October 05 2006 21:50 GMT
#111
On October 05 2006 11:28 RamenStyle wrote:
My right hand(left hand when my right hand sores)


If you're right and left hand are you're best friends, you need a gf
Savior 4 Life
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
October 05 2006 21:55 GMT
#112
On October 05 2006 20:07 Unforgiven_ve wrote:
and whata about 0? :0


I already shouted for that option!!!
Come on I HAVE NO REAL FRIENDS and I believe that many people haven't as well.
They just can't admit it to themselves(or they just can't recognise).
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
October 05 2006 22:34 GMT
#113
I have 4 REAL friends:

Ben, Owen, Piya, and Nina I love you guys! I also have my family, but I don't think you can count those.

I have several good friends, that have come with me through several years of shit, that I know I can count on at least 75%, but we aren't at 100% and don't need to be. You have to appreciate good friends for what they are, but not delude yourself about how much you can count on them.

I think that the one guy that said "Everyone I have met on my hall are real friends" is deluding himself. $10 says that if you were having a tough time, say just broke up with your GF at a party, and there was someone there that he/she wanted to fuck, they'd make no more than a showing of comforting you then scirt off to the room upstairs.



Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
October 05 2006 22:42 GMT
#114

ive got 8 people who id trust with just about anything. very lucky to have that. 4 of them ive known since kindergarden, 2 ive known since i was about 13 and the other three ive met in the past four years. weve all got open door policies at our places and we are always with each other and got each others back for everything. shit like that takes years. most of the people ive met in college i dont really talk to now.
Only communists disconnect.
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
October 05 2006 22:43 GMT
#115
well.. this question seems a bit ambiguous
what is the definition of real friend? if it's just basically same thing as a close friend, i have i guess many close friends maybe like 7-8 ish
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
October 05 2006 22:50 GMT
#116
i define real friend as someone you can talk to if youre in a situation, someone whos always got your back. someone you could just bullshit with any day, you dont have to be at a party or something. the guys you chill with on any regular day. the people who still have some fucking hoodie of yours they borrowed liek last winter or something. people who you would trust not to steal shit, fuck your girlfriend, etc. you dont necessarily have to trust them with money (like lending them $. i have several dumbass friends who can barely manage their own, if i lend them, it takes a month to get it back. drives me nuts.)
Only communists disconnect.
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
October 05 2006 22:57 GMT
#117
I have four or five really good friends that I think I could trust with just about anything. Still in school, though, but I expect I will definitley make an effort to continue talking with these people.

You guys defenition of true friends seems extremely loose. Somebody who doesn't steal your shit and wont fuck your girlfriend? Sorry pal, but that's basically the minimum level of friendship. A True friend is somebody who you can talk to about anything, who will listen to you about anything, who will help you if things get shitty, and who genuinley cares about you and what happens to you in the future.
http://benisonline.com
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
October 05 2006 23:05 GMT
#118
On October 06 2006 07:57 gLyo wrote:
I have four or five really good friends that I think I could trust with just about anything. Still in school, though, but I expect I will definitley make an effort to continue talking with these people.

You guys defenition of true friends seems extremely loose. Somebody who doesn't steal your shit and wont fuck your girlfriend? Sorry pal, but that's basically the minimum level of friendship. A True friend is somebody who you can talk to about anything, who will listen to you about anything, who will help you if things get shitty, and who genuinley cares about you and what happens to you in the future.


clearly you didnt fully read the above post, cuz i said everything you just stated.
sure, not hitting up your girl seems pretty basic, but im sure everyone has some 'friend' that shortly after you broke up with your girl, would be creepin around her a lot more.
Only communists disconnect.
artofmagic
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
United States1951 Posts
October 05 2006 23:06 GMT
#119
1

betray is very touchy thing.. i mean he may leave you behind in order to survive and etc.. but i know one person who willing to protect me even endangering his own.
evolve or die
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
UpATreeSC 93
BRAT_OK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5093
Bisu 1839
Soulkey 1624
EffOrt 854
Mini 590
Horang2 425
Larva 364
ZerO 333
actioN 269
ggaemo 242
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 123
Yoon 110
Mind 96
Shinee 78
hero 69
sorry 67
Sharp 65
Barracks 55
Snow 52
Pusan 44
Hyun 43
Bale 31
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 19
Terrorterran 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5434
qojqva2660
Dendi1268
420jenkins297
XaKoH 1
League of Legends
Reynor71
Counter-Strike
fl0m3101
x6flipin1291
Fnx 689
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes370
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1279
hiko981
B2W.Neo428
FrodaN312
DeMusliM285
XBOCT223
Liquid`VortiX197
Livibee164
QueenE106
TKL 70
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV143
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV613
League of Legends
• Nemesis3886
• TFBlade800
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 45m
Patches Events
23h 45m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.