• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:29
CEST 14:29
KST 21:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11317 users

How many REAL friend do you have? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 03:40:06
October 05 2006 03:20 GMT
#81
im i probably have around 5-6, in a 2:1 male/female ratio.

I'm not really sure of who many REAL friends i have, but i have a handful of full-trusting friends who im sure wont let me down. 3 of them, i met them on primary school. Even tho there was a period where we barely seen each other, we still invite ourselves to go party, go drink a beer etc. The contact between us is not forced even tho our lives have gone different ways.

Another of my friends i've met was at highschool, formerly he and i disliked eachother, but with time we had mutual interest and eventually become really good friends, i think he is the guy i trust must things in my life maybe.

One of my friends i met her while she was girlfriend of one of my friends, she seemed pretty cool and we started talking, we could be talking for many time. I saw her as a friend and only that obviously because of my friend :p. But she's still the kind of friend you could text message or phone at 3 am to talk about anything.

Right now, im in college and i have "pontential" real friends, but i have experienced that when you dont have the same interests (like going to same school) contact begins to lose and eventually they fade out. Yeah im still a bit nostalgic about my Highschool generation :p
Teamliquidian townie
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
October 05 2006 03:28 GMT
#82
One, perhaps none? Noone that is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally I can trust or anything.
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
October 05 2006 03:34 GMT
#83
exactly two

And they're lifelong friends from when I was in kindergarden, so yeah...
ToT)MidiaN(
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
England2183 Posts
October 05 2006 03:34 GMT
#84
0 nowadays, the only real friends i ever had i haven't seen in years
Nothing worth doing is devoid of risk
IIICodeIIIIIII
Profile Joined April 2006
China1101 Posts
October 05 2006 03:43 GMT
#85
where's the option for ZERO
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
October 05 2006 03:44 GMT
#86
0, taking into account your standards.
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
October 05 2006 03:46 GMT
#87
On October 05 2006 12:43 IIICodeIIIIIII wrote:
where's the option for ZERO

Hot_Bid already said where.
lil.sis
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
China4650 Posts
October 05 2006 03:49 GMT
#88
4
好好喝喝天天快乐
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
October 05 2006 04:15 GMT
#89
On October 05 2006 11:20 Teroru wrote:


I personally doubt anyone on this forum has experienced 'true' love. But then again, i would never have the audacity to call someone mistaken if they claimed they have indeed experienced true love.


Rethink your doubts !

LOL jk, Stimey is the closest thing to love for me.
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
Ghin
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States2391 Posts
October 05 2006 04:23 GMT
#90
this is about the place where rpf would post and then the next 2 pages would be people making fun of him
Legalize drugs and murder.
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
October 05 2006 04:27 GMT
#91
[image loading]
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
October 05 2006 04:30 GMT
#92
My definition of a "REAL" friends is really strict. A near friend is someone I discuss my own personal problems with, someone I know I can TRUST and won't expose me for random bullshitting just cuz I told him som personal stuff, heck I'd even take a bullet for them and they would do the same for me. I'd say I have at max 3 or 4 of those. Then there's friends who I love to hang out with in school, at parties etc... but I'd never have any "deep" conversations with them or trust them with something really personal. Either cuz they are just too goofy (unable to talk about personal and important stuff, I'm kind of one of those guys until you really get to know me well... and then I mean WELL) or because even though they are nice and cool as hell, I know that they'll probably go something like "lol rofl everyone listen up what I just heard lololololol" as soon as things start to get too serious.

It all comes down to how "open" you are about personal feelings I guess, and I'm pretty closed hence the small amount of "close" friends ;o Friends are mostly about drinking, watching a movie, someone to hang out and talk random bullshit with, play games with (starcrat? ;O), do sports with... etc.. But when it comes down to the real deal, you are in need of your real friends.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 05 2006 05:44 GMT
#93
Two.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 06:04:05
October 05 2006 06:02 GMT
#94
4.

Knew 3 of them since i was 6 years old, the 4th one i met her just 5-6 years ago.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 06:26:49
October 05 2006 06:23 GMT
#95
On October 05 2006 11:20 Teroru wrote:
You guys really trivialized what Chill has experienced. You attempt to explain and make less of his experiences when the truth is you do not understand his experiences - you only understand your own and try to relate them.


It's just a question of perspective. You know how people with good families know that they will always be close with their parents/siblings. You don't need to see them every week, but they talk, visit, and know that they represent something very important in each others lives. At the same time, they are the people you treat the worst at times. You yell at them, you lie to them, you fight with them - all because you are comfortable enough in the notion that what you have isn't going to be broken and you are free to be yourself. I know that if I didn't speak to my folks in the next 20 years and called up one day asking for help, they'd give it to me. To a lot of us, this is how strict we are in defining our true and real friends. They are rare, important, and don't deserve to be lumped in with 'good aquainances'.

But the thing about good family is that you know its secure because you really know each other. Sure, my brother can be a real cunt sometimes and can be meaner to me than anyone else I know - but I also know him better than that. I've known him my whole life. I know what kind of person he is. This is how it is with true friends too.

And that's the whole point. IT TAKES TIME. You can't know someone that well in the matter of a few years. My 'real' friends I speak of have all been a part of my life for over 10 years, some over 20 years. And the friendships have seen the worst of times, and they've seen the best of times. I love those guys, but we've hated each other as well. This is why people are sceptical about having 10+ 'real' friends. There simply isn't enough time in one's life to experience everything necessary to gain those types of relationships with soooo many people. Some of us are so strict on the criteria that we would see it as humanly impossible.

Like Hot_Bid said, it all just depends on one's own personal definition.

On October 05 2006 11:20 Teroru wrote:
anyone who thinks that 50 years of not talking to someone won't change your relationship with them is a fool.

Admittedly, i have a few close friends that i can't imagine anything being different in 50 years. But in 50 years alot can happen. They can go insane. They can start believing in war. They can become a cocaine addict. They can become a murderer.


This relates to what I said above. I know my good friends like I know my family. A lot can happen, a lot *has* happened, and probably will happen, but it won't change who they are to me and it won't make me think differently of them. I know them too well for them to become strangers to me, no matter how much they change. I don't know how else to explain it =[.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
October 05 2006 06:30 GMT
#96
I have four I think.

In high school I would have said a couple more, as there was a group of us who were very close, but in the ten years folowing, we have all gone our seperate ways and are definately not close anymore.

I have one friend from my childhood with whom I will be friends with for my lifetime. The second person is a friend and somewhat of a mentor that I met in university. Again, age and distance doesn't matter, and he will be a lifelong friend. Lastly, after I came to Japan, I started working with an American who has been here for years. Although pickings for friends around here is slim, he and are I so much alike it is scary. He also fills somewhat of a mentor role, but I forsee us working and enjoying ourselves deep into the future.

It is kind of interesting that I have one really significant friend from each stage of my life thus far. Of course, my fourth and best friend would be my wife. If you cant say that about your partner, dont get married.
ModeratorGodfather
HOLLAND
Profile Joined October 2006
United States48 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 06:45:50
October 05 2006 06:44 GMT
#97
about 6 (not including gf 'cause Ima marry her = blood <3) awesome friends that I'm 100% sure to trust & they wont fuk me ova if my life is on their hands & vice versa of course
Love can resolve every problem.. btw just 4 da record my name has nothing to do with the Dutch
Darki[Per]
Profile Joined November 2005
Peru689 Posts
October 05 2006 07:05 GMT
#98
real friends 5 more or less
El Papitoss
IIICodeIIIIIII
Profile Joined April 2006
China1101 Posts
October 05 2006 07:14 GMT
#99
if cowboy bebop doesn't have any real friends (except for 1 but she died and she's not really a real friend anyways so she doesn't count), then i don't need real friends either. friends are for pwning and social fencing like malnourished dogs scratching for food on the alley floor ^_______^.
SCNewb
Profile Joined June 2006
Canada2210 Posts
October 05 2006 07:15 GMT
#100
real friends........I think 7 or 8
Huge iloveOov fan
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1308
WardiTV588
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko441
ProTech146
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7318
Bisu 2419
Jaedong 1038
BeSt 949
EffOrt 518
Horang2 440
actioN 290
Larva 251
ZerO 215
Mini 209
[ Show more ]
Pusan 122
Mind 91
ggaemo 90
Barracks 82
Hyun 68
Snow 67
Sea.KH 63
Shinee 61
Yoon 54
Bale 43
NotJumperer 40
Sharp 37
Killer 34
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
hero 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Noble 11
sorry 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2121
Dendi1071
qojqva798
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
markeloff216
Other Games
B2W.Neo410
hiko313
crisheroes308
Pyrionflax213
DeMusliM202
dupreeh111
Livibee84
Mew2King65
QueenE57
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1084
League of Legends
• Jankos1382
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 31m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.