• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

Washington State Votes to Approve Gay Marriage - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 09 2012 04:03 GMT
#21
Updated thread title.
I was thinking national level for some reason too but that didn't really make sense. :X

Glad gay rights is progressing.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Elbee
Profile Joined August 2009
United States224 Posts
February 09 2012 04:05 GMT
#22
On February 09 2012 12:29 NekoFlandre wrote:
You know. I live in the damned state that Started this whole thing. GO MASSACHUSETTS!!!

I may not be gay or a lesbian but. Who the hell cares what sex you want to love or be with. Doesn't really matter as long as your happy.

Thank you Washington...for once..you do something right.

Me to. It's a step in the next direction for sure, I hope more states follow suite.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
February 09 2012 04:05 GMT
#23
Heard the news last week that they got enough votes for this to pass. Glad this passed. Its good to see some progress in my states! State pride haha. Working to make the world a better place
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 09 2012 04:06 GMT
#24
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
February 09 2012 04:06 GMT
#25
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.



You just said it exists in nature, but now it's going against nature? might want to reword your arguement there.

And err, the marriage you are referring to is largely religously based. This is a government-sponsered marriage, for governemnt benefits. Remember the whole Religion seperate from Government and vice cersa scpheel you learned about when you read the Constitution?
I don't think this law is forcing churches to marry gay people or anything.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
February 09 2012 04:06 GMT
#26
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


defilement of a marriage is being a scumbag and cheating on your wife, breaking your marriage vows, letting your kids down and bickering over who gets what in a divorce.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
February 09 2012 04:07 GMT
#27
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
February 09 2012 04:07 GMT
#28
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


"Goes against nature" is such a terrible supporting point. Homosexuality actually does occur in nature.

As for what marriage means to you, that's your belief, sure. I also feel that our government shouldn't impose the majority's belief upon the minority.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
February 09 2012 04:08 GMT
#29
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


Old people can not reproduce naturally. Perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to get married as well.

If you live in the United States, there are many benefits to getting married to your partner. Taxes and credit being a big two. If a gay couple are living together they should be able to live the same lifestyle as a straight couple if they choose.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 04:09:08
February 09 2012 04:08 GMT
#30
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense (with regards to reproduction) from a sterile man marrying a women?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
February 09 2012 04:09 GMT
#31
On February 09 2012 13:08 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense from a sterile man marrying a women?


Where would you draw the line though? Man and women was clearly intended. Man and man, woman and woman wasn't. It just happens that the male or female couldn't reproduce. They were still meant to be.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 04:12:06
February 09 2012 04:11 GMT
#32
Some states will continue to try and stop gay marriage as payback for reconstruction Those damn Yankees and the War of Northern Aggression.

I personally find the idea of polygamy much more interesting to debate than gay marriage.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Blennd
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
February 09 2012 04:12 GMT
#33
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


To quote metalocalypse, I think what you mean is that you don't believe in god. Because religion definitely exists.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 09 2012 04:13 GMT
#34
On February 09 2012 13:09 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:08 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense from a sterile man marrying a women?


Where would you draw the line though? Man and women was clearly intended. Man and man, woman and woman wasn't. It just happens that the male or female couldn't reproduce. They were still meant to be.


No actually they were not. "Meant" implies some grand plan. If a man is sterile, he is not "meant" to have children simply because he can't have children. If the purpose of marriage is to reproduce then every marriage that cannot produce children should not be allowed. Why separate same sex marriages?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Blennd
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
February 09 2012 04:13 GMT
#35
On February 09 2012 13:09 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:08 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense from a sterile man marrying a women?


Where would you draw the line though? Man and women was clearly intended. Man and man, woman and woman wasn't. It just happens that the male or female couldn't reproduce. They were still meant to be.


Intended by who? Meant to be by what standards?
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
February 09 2012 04:13 GMT
#36
On February 09 2012 13:09 Yosho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:08 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense from a sterile man marrying a women?


Where would you draw the line though? Man and women was clearly intended. Man and man, woman and woman wasn't. It just happens that the male or female couldn't reproduce. They were still meant to be.

Intended by who? You said you aren't religious and intentionality requires an agent. If you mean intended by nature, that evidently isn't true, because nature isn't a sentient entity. If you mean intended by the state/people, well it is intended now.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
February 09 2012 04:15 GMT
#37
I live here. It's a few years overdue. We passed the "everything but marriage" bill a few years ago, and I blasted people for accepting such a consolation. But now real change. This is good. At least if you're not a homophobe or religious fanatic.

But guess what folks? My people (Washingtonians) are taking the bait AGAIN! The state passes something the majority of the state would agree with while they continually cut funds to education, parks, and cities. Basically, they're distracting us from the increased sorry condition of our state by throwing us a bone. Meanwhile, the sheer amounts of state government redundancy (ie, meaningless positions and agencies that absorb a lot of money) remains.

We have a large state debt and the same politicians that pass gay marriage are simultaneously fucking the have-nots by providing them with subpar education to ensure our children grow up to be idiots who will obey their televisions and politicians. I've lived here all my life, this is what they do. In my town, we have two middle schools, but they cut so much that they have ONE principle for the two schools! One person to manage two schools? Also, teacher positions for helping those with learning disabilities (dyslexia, etc.) have been cut to the point where now the school is relying on volunteers, and far less of them.

I'm glad that (monogamous) sexuality/gender is no longer in the definition of marriage here, but America still appears to be fucked on both the local and national scales.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
bRiz
Profile Joined August 2011
United States113 Posts
February 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#38
Civil Unions do the exact same thing, and Marriage being a religious institution first should not have to be rewritten IMO to make people feel more secure in their relationships.
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
February 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#39
On February 09 2012 13:13 reincremate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:09 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:08 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:07 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:06 Probulous wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:02 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:00 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:55 Yosho wrote:
On February 09 2012 12:49 bRiz wrote:
Don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it's a positive answer to a problem being experienced in the GLT community, but I personally prefer to keep marriage between a man and a woman, though I don't think I'd vote for a restriction like that. Just a personal opinion.


I wouldn't vote for this to pass but if I would vote to not let is pass. Although even in nature gay animals exist, I feel it's like any other deficiency that people / animals can be born with. One of the sole thing we rely on to define life is reproduction. You cannot do this naturally on gay people. Not to be rude but I don't count this as a step up, but as a step down.


You say they are born with it, than why does it matter if they can get married? It's not like you're going to convince one of them to turn straight, and thus reproduce anyways.


I figure it goes against nature. Why support it further? Mentally ill people who are born with deficiency's also should be restricted on what they can and can't do. I would not like a mentally handicapped person to operate extremely heavy machinery. And I don't think gay people should marry. I feel it's a defilement of what marriage is.


Is menopause a deficieny? Cause if not why should women who can't reproduce be allowed to get married? Hell what about sterile men? Honestly this deficiency bullshit is just cover for bigotted religious views.


I don't believe in religion. At all...


So then how is two men getting married different in a biological sense from a sterile man marrying a women?


Where would you draw the line though? Man and women was clearly intended. Man and man, woman and woman wasn't. It just happens that the male or female couldn't reproduce. They were still meant to be.

Intended by who? You said you aren't religious and intentionality requires an agent. If you mean intended by nature, that evidently isn't true, because nature isn't a sentient entity. If you mean intended by the state/people, well it is intended now.


No I mean intended as all through history reproduction is the largest rule. Nowhere in history or species besides self sex species are same sex who can pro create. Just like man man, woman woman. This isn't religious based. This is based on the fact that male and female reproduce and follow the law that is survival. Gay and lesbians seem to be the human race falling off it's primary function intended by evolution. Survival... reproduction. It's kind of silly in my eyes.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 04:19:10
February 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#40
I don't want to involve myself in this debate because I'll be up all night and have an aneurysm, but I have to say that's it's really offensive to compare homosexuality to a birth defect like mental disabilities. It's offensive to homosexuals because there's no medical distinction between a homosexual and a heterosexual besides their behavior, which means that it's not a disorder/defect/etc. It's also offensive to those who were born with handicaps because you're essentially saying that being disabled (yes in this context you mean mentally but it's a slippery slope to physical handicaps too) means that you aren't entitled to the same rights as "normal" people.

Basically, if you think that gay people are born with some sort of congenital disorder, that's pretty damn homophobic, and even if you do think that, if you're a rational and compassionate person, you wouldn't have a problem denying them their right to happiness.

You don't have to bother replying to this (I'm gonna go to bed, don't expect a debate), but please try to consider what I said. I'm not even gay and I was pretty disgusted by what you're saying.

edit: should clarify that this is all directed at Yosho
From the void I am born into wave and particle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 619
Hyuk 446
Leta 96
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1004
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 42m
INu's Battles
6h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 42m
Replay Cast
17h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.