• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:53
CEST 12:53
KST 19:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9576 users

How would you Propose? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
January 31 2012 18:40 GMT
#41
On February 01 2012 03:28 Chill wrote:
Nice try girlfriend. You'll have to do better than that.


LOL well played.

On January 31 2012 18:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
Le GF was bugging me about proposing forever, but I wanted to do it on my own time so I had to keep fending her off which would only serve to piss her off every time we talked about it.
I made up some elaborate lie about fighting with my mom one weekend when we were supposed to go up to the cottage alone so she wouldn't suspect (I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but the full story takes too long). She got really pissed at me.

Spent all night making scrapbook w/poetry and other such romantic things.

Took her out on the dock at the cottage where we spent a lot of our first summer together (and one of my favourite pics of her was taken), gave her scrapbook/poetry thing, last page was pic of me on one knee with ring, she looks up, sees me on one knee with ring.

GG.


Seriously, well played

When I do it, it'll be somewhere romantic with all that lovey dovey stuff too. That's the kind of guy I am, and that's the kind of relationship I'm in. Some people like that; some people don't.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
January 31 2012 18:48 GMT
#42
Imagine if he dropped the ring during the coaster.

GG
CatsnHats
Profile Joined October 2011
United States199 Posts
January 31 2012 18:48 GMT
#43
Nicely done inConroL . How'd did he manage to pull that off though? The Space Mountain ride is pitch black throughout, except for the flash in the middle of the ride to snap the picture. I don't see how he could pull out the ring and have her notice it in time for the flash to go off, unless that was a picture from the beginning or end of the ride. Either way, that's an awesome way to propose.

As for me, I haven't thought about it. I'm only 21, so I have plenty of time to ponder how, I hope. It would probably involve a special place between the two of us though.
meow
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 18:53:33
January 31 2012 18:51 GMT
#44
I think it's disrespectful to propose around people. It just puts her in a really awkward position if she wants to say no or is unsure. Anyway, what's the point of doing these crazy stuff? I mean, I wouldn't propose if I wasn't sure she would say yes, so it's not like I would have to impress her. I would rather propose during a quiet night at home, if I was really feeling it.

There's nothing wrong with being romantic, but you should strive for that on most days, not only the day when you propose.
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
January 31 2012 18:55 GMT
#45
hahaha awesome pic. I probably wouldn't get married tho, I don't see the point, unless the gf would want it really badly.
Shai
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada806 Posts
January 31 2012 19:03 GMT
#46
It depends very largely on the people involved. It should be in a way which somehow relates to your relationship. For instance, if you are both sports enthusiasts, then proposing at a sporting event could be very meaningful (and epic). If she's an introvert, having a nice dinner at home and doing it can be touching.

I met my wife at a summer camp where we were both staff. A year later we met again and started dating at that camp. So, two years later, I drove her out there in the middle of winter and proposed to her there; we, of course, had the ceremony in that same place.

It was, in my opinion, the perfect place to propose to her; but I wouldn't suggest it was a perfect place to propose for anyone else.
Eagerly awaiting Techies.
pavement ist rad
Profile Joined January 2007
United States226 Posts
January 31 2012 19:13 GMT
#47
The picture looks staged... I'm pretty sure the actual proposal came before that
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
January 31 2012 19:15 GMT
#48
Of the top of my head the best i can think of is during one of the meteor showers (prefferably the one in august or december as they are the best) the tricky part is hoping for good weather. So i guess its not the best way because besides getting rejected theres a ton of other things that can go wrong.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
January 31 2012 19:20 GMT
#49
On January 31 2012 18:54 DR.Ham wrote:
The portal proposal was pretty amazing too:



This completely wins the thread. Best proposal ever. <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
January 31 2012 19:21 GMT
#50
I dont know guys but I find this THE BEST PROPOSE EVER !

4:33

I think that choosing the place is the hardest part but GL to everyone !

Outsited
Profile Joined April 2011
United States189 Posts
January 31 2012 19:22 GMT
#51
i proposed in my kitchen after my girl and i had a hard days work nothing too special.
Something on your mind ?
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
January 31 2012 19:24 GMT
#52
On February 01 2012 03:51 ninini wrote:
I think it's disrespectful to propose around people. It just puts her in a really awkward position if she wants to say no or is unsure. Anyway, what's the point of doing these crazy stuff? I mean, I wouldn't propose if I wasn't sure she would say yes, so it's not like I would have to impress her. I would rather propose during a quiet night at home, if I was really feeling it.

There's nothing wrong with being romantic, but you should strive for that on most days, not only the day when you propose.


I dunno everyone has their own way of doing things. Theres no right or wrong way to propose, there is simple and there are more elaborate ways to propose but at the end of the day its just a matter of yes or no.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
January 31 2012 19:29 GMT
#53
On January 31 2012 20:30 Abort Retry Fail wrote:
LIKE A BOSS!.

champagne. 5 star restaurant. diamonds.

She deserves nothing less.

You sir, have class. and all men should have class.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 19:31:30
January 31 2012 19:30 GMT
#54
On February 01 2012 03:51 ninini wrote:
I think it's disrespectful to propose around people. It just puts her in a really awkward position if she wants to say no or is unsure. Anyway, what's the point of doing these crazy stuff? I mean, I wouldn't propose if I wasn't sure she would say yes, so it's not like I would have to impress her. I would rather propose during a quiet night at home, if I was really feeling it.

There's nothing wrong with being romantic, but you should strive for that on most days, not only the day when you propose.


Perhaps, but if you've ever seen those Flash Mob Proposals... they're like mind-blowingly romantic and over-the-top girl-can't-say-no-even-if-she's-never-met-you-before and ridiculous as all hell. They're fucking awesome haha and you, as the guy, pretty much auto-win at life.

I also totally agree with you that you should be romantic all the time (or, at least, often) and not just during your proposal.

EDIT:
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
January 31 2012 19:54 GMT
#55
On February 01 2012 04:30 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 03:51 ninini wrote:
I think it's disrespectful to propose around people. It just puts her in a really awkward position if she wants to say no or is unsure. Anyway, what's the point of doing these crazy stuff? I mean, I wouldn't propose if I wasn't sure she would say yes, so it's not like I would have to impress her. I would rather propose during a quiet night at home, if I was really feeling it.

There's nothing wrong with being romantic, but you should strive for that on most days, not only the day when you propose.


Perhaps, but if you've ever seen those Flash Mob Proposals... they're like mind-blowingly romantic and over-the-top girl-can't-say-no-even-if-she's-never-met-you-before and ridiculous as all hell. They're fucking awesome haha and you, as the guy, pretty much auto-win at life.

I also totally agree with you that you should be romantic all the time (or, at least, often) and not just during your proposal.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWlavnM6b0

Why try so hard? The thought of planning a proposal just feels dishonest to me. I'm all for taking advantage of romantic opportunities though. Like let's say you're on a vacation, and you've already thought about it for a while. The reason why women say that they want it to be extravagant is because they want to have something to brag about with their girlfriends, but deep down they don't really care. Well some might do, but if it's so important for her to have a extravagant proposal I wouldn't want to marry her anyway.
HotShizz
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
France710 Posts
January 31 2012 20:03 GMT
#56
my wife and I got married 59 days after starting to date... I proposed maybe a month before that. I had just a ton of shit relationships with dumb, dumb, hot but stab myself in the eyes stupid, chicks and I found a keeper, beautiful, smart, the works... my words... "we're gonna do it eventually anyway... wanna just go get hitched?" Five plus years and two awesome kids later and still going awesome... maybe I lack on class, but gotta admit its not exactly a normal proposal either
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
January 31 2012 20:09 GMT
#57
I tried to propose in a romantic restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls, and she told me to put it away. She didn't want to cry in public.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
January 31 2012 20:14 GMT
#58
On February 01 2012 05:03 HotShizz wrote:
my wife and I got married 59 days after starting to date... I proposed maybe a month before that. I had just a ton of shit relationships with dumb, dumb, hot but stab myself in the eyes stupid, chicks and I found a keeper, beautiful, smart, the works... my words... "we're gonna do it eventually anyway... wanna just go get hitched?" Five plus years and two awesome kids later and still going awesome... maybe I lack on class, but gotta admit its not exactly a normal proposal either


My wife and I were friends for four years through school, then online / Skype. We got married having only physically been together for 11 days. I proposed to her on top of a mountain in the middle of a freak storm (freezing rain, extremely cold, etc.) -- she said yes, so it must not have been that bad.

...We had talked about it a lot beforehand anyway; we went from 'friends' to 'married'.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
RockIronrod
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia1369 Posts
January 31 2012 20:19 GMT
#59
I'd leave the ring inside a bread loaf and ask her to make me a sandwich. Both as a final test, and a warning that her life would forever be steeped in irony.
Yeah, this is how we're gonna start our lives as equals. Deal with it honey.
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
January 31 2012 20:36 GMT
#60
I know exactly how I would to my current gf if I was gonna, but won't post it here on the off chance she randomly decides to start checking TL (she knows my ID )

Absolutely no idea where, though. Somewhere nice, I guess.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM553
IndyStarCraft 127
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 553
Lowko345
IndyStarCraft 127
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 5612
Stork 2037
Horang2 493
Jaedong 412
Soulkey 388
BeSt 293
Soma 272
Mini 271
Larva 250
Zeus 226
[ Show more ]
sorry 122
Last 100
Mind 98
ZerO 81
Pusan 73
Hyun 72
Sexy 44
Shinee 35
soO 26
scan(afreeca) 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Sacsri 11
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc3251
XcaliburYe227
XaKoH 103
canceldota46
Counter-Strike
byalli497
Other Games
gofns38149
singsing1987
Coldzera 690
Happy352
Pyrionflax231
B2W.Neo31
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 36
• StrangeGG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV312
• lizZardDota2202
League of Legends
• Jankos3521
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 7m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.